ot vlad rad for wilcox done
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How is lO valuable at 12mil? They wouldnt move frye for him. Wouldnt move granger for him. I mean other than a teams cancer what value does he bring. CERTAINLY not his inconsistent performances

Classic Bounty !

Your sources tell you that, right? You believe that story about Frye right?

Ofcourse you would.

Pathetic .....

So I'm guessing you missed the part where the Lakers won rings in 2000, 2001 and 2002?

Tell me Bounty - Considering the Spurs won their ring in 99 - Which team has 3 rings in this current decade?

Ummm ... That would be the Lakers. Oh but how's that possible? The Clippers are sooooo much smarter. Buss knows nothing ...

Please. Just stop being petty and accept that the Lakers are in a transitional period right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Yeah folks did you hear what Wolf said he said let's accept the fact that we're crap
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
BINGO.

Truth is had last years team not been plagued by injuries it would have been scary similiar to this years team. Difference is we had more talent last year. Where is the progress?

Where's the progress?

1- We have more athleticism
2- We have more size
3- We have improved young players like Chris Mihm
4- We have added a young true Center that is impressing in Bynum
5- We have added a young guard in Smush Parker that has shown ability to step in and be a scorer on this team.

At worst - we have atleast 4 players you'd want to keep. Odom, Bynum, Mihm and Parker.

The problem? Even the league knows that those 4 are what's valuable. So they will ask for them. That's when you have to weigh in on what's good for the team ...

Which is exactly what the Lakers are doing.

They will make a trade if they think it's worth it. If they feel that they are better off looking at the summer and next season - then they will not make that trade.

But they definitely will look to upgrade. It's preposterous to think that they aren't exhausting all areas.

Only addition worth a damn is Bynum and he's a rookie.

Parker is Chucky 2.0. At best he's a backup.

Kwame Brown or Caron?

We had Mihm last season.

I hardly call that progress. At that rate we may sniff the finals in 15 years.
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

You guys think Mitch will be smart like that???

Or do you think he'll sit on his hand with his thumb up his butt and then see his career possibly go down the drain???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Then how about a little honesty. This team is NOT last year's team. Just take a look at the respective rosters. If you're only going by the record, then you're misleading yourself. Why? Because during the first half of the season last year, the Lakers went through the easiest and lightest part of their schedule with tons of home games to boot. When the toughest part of the schedule hit in the 2nd half, the Lakers went a whopping 2 - 21.

This year, the 1st half IS our toughest schedule and has had nasty road games all over it with tons of back-to-backs, yet guess what? We're over .500 with the worst in our rear view mirror and sitting in the playoffs. Last year's team had NOTHING on this year's squad. Consequently, we're stepping into the easiest part of our schedule with a chance to move up in the standings. Either way, we've completed the worst and we're in the playoffs as we speak.

How on earth is that NOT an improvement?

It's simple to me.

The same people that wanted Shaq gone are the one's that miss him the most.

They won't say it and they don't even know it. But it is all happenning because of the Shaq trade.

I'll explain.

Shaq stays in LA (The Lakers overpay him obviously) and then he and Kobe (ignoring the fact that Kobe being the great one man show that he wants to be goes to the Clippers if that happens) can be like Wade and Shaq are now with the Heat.

Good team that's a .600-.650 ballclub but not the best team or even the 2nd best team. Meaning in all likelihood the Lakers go 2 rounds deep every year but don't win a ring.

Exactly what most of these guys are asking with the Clipper comparisons and what not.

Seems to me - These guys unknowingly all want Shaq back.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Seems to me - These guys unknowingly all want Shaq back.

We were happy back in the day with Shaq Shaq would make us laugh we would have Parades in Downtown LA we would cry from joy and etc..etc what do you expect people to say?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Yeah folks did you hear what Wolf said he said let's accept the fact that we're crap

English isn't your language obviously.

I said TRANSITIONAL not Crap.

If they were crap - how are they in the playoffs?

They do have some pieces that are helping. You may not choose to see that, but it's true.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
We have a few pieces
Kobe
Mihm
Bynum.
Thats all. Both Rad and wilcox would have made us better.

Last time I checked, which was earlier today, DEFENSE wins championships. Acquiring a bunch of guys who can't stop my grandmother from running down the street, ISN'T going to help us. It might add a few wins to our totals, but that's not the goal. We're not trying to be the Clippers and get into the playoffs. We're trying to win a championship and that requires getting the RIGHT pieces, not just any piece because it can score a little bit. That's why Miami isn't winning any titles - they added a bunch of all offense players, got rid of a lot of their defenders and now are not getting by Detroit with that crap.

You know this, Bounty.

Last edited by LakerJam on Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Kwame Brown or Caron?

We had Mihm last season.

I hardly call that progress. At that rate we may sniff the finals in 15 years

I don't recall Atkins dunking the ball and getting all those steals.

Caron and I said so at the time BUT we needed a Big body more than a SF.

Mihm is better this season and he was very inconsistent last season. Of all the playeres from last season - he has improved the most.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
How is lO valuable at 12mil? They wouldnt move frye for him. Wouldnt move granger for him. I mean other than a teams cancer what value does he bring. CERTAINLY not his inconsistent performances

Classic Bounty !

Your sources tell you that, right? You believe that story about Frye right?

Ofcourse you would.

Pathetic .....

So I'm guessing you missed the part where the Lakers won rings in 2000, 2001 and 2002?

Tell me Bounty - Considering the Spurs won their ring in 99 - Which team has 3 rings in this current decade?

Ummm ... That would be the Lakers. Oh but how's that possible? The Clippers are sooooo much smarter. Buss knows nothing ...

Please. Just stop being petty and accept that the Lakers are in a transitional period right now.

What do mean? You believe guys who have proven not to have info. Of course you wont believe it b/c its your boy. LO is untradeable unless we take on a team cancer. look at all the names mentioned. OF COURSE you know better. We had a better team last year. We are 1 game over 500 with a team thats star is having his best year. LO is 12mil. for occasional play.

Shaq and Kobe. thats who. things are different now. how many years between rings? Thats reality. Transitional is fine. i am excited about guys like Mihm, Bynum, RT and Kobes continued growth. WE HAVE GARBAGE outside of that. We have our future already. Lets play for the NOW. Bynum aint going knowhere. RT probably isnt either. Ive said b4. teams with LO as a main piece will be just good enough to get you 500.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
bounty wrote:
We have a few pieces
Kobe
Mihm
Bynum.

Last time I checked, which was earlier today, DEFENSE wins championships. Acquiring a bunch of guys who can't stop my grandmother from running down the street, ISN'T going to help us. It might add a few wins to our totals, but that's not the goal. We're not trying to be the Clippers and get into the playoffs. We're trying to win a championship and that requires getting the RIGHT pieces, not just any piece because it can score a little bit. That's why Miami isn't winning any titles - they added a bunch of all offense players and are not getting by Detroit with that crap.

You know this, Bounty.

Bounty only knows one thing.

How to hate on Lamar Odom, Jam. You should know that by now.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
bounty wrote:
We have a few pieces
Kobe
Mihm
Bynum.

Last time I checked, which was earlier today, DEFENSE wins championships. Acquiring a bunch of guys who can't stop my grandmother from running down the street, ISN'T going to help us. It might add a few wins to our totals, but that's not the goal. We're not trying to be the Clippers and get into the playoffs. We're trying to win a championship and that requires getting the RIGHT pieces, not just any piece because it can score a little bit. That's why Miami isn't winning any titles - they added a bunch of all offense players and are not getting by Detroit with that crap.

You know this, Bounty.

Bounty only knows one thing.

How to hate on Lamar Odom, Jam. You should know that by now.

No. Bounty looks at track record. Bounty looks at whats in front of his face. Pay LO 6-7 mil. I would never say anything. I always say the teams that spend their $$$ best IN ALL SPORTS win. Should we go over salaries and what they give us on the court? Should we look at the strides since our last ring? Should we look at the progression of key players from early on to now? What, I do
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Bounty can suck it up since it's not Bounty's money.

Bounty's more than willing to pay Marbury 20 million and what not - yet not LO 12-13 million.

Interesting how every thread that Bounty posts in also becomes an Odom bash fest ... PATHETIC
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
BINGO.

Truth is had last years team not been plagued by injuries it would have been scary similiar to this years team. Difference is we had more talent last year. Where is the progress?

Where's the progress?

2- We have more size
5- We have added a young guard in Smush Parker that has shown ability to step in and be a scorer on this team.

At worst - we have atleast 4 players you'd want to keep. Odom, Bynum, Mihm and Parker.

The problem? Even the league knows that those 4 are what's valuable. So they will ask for them. That's when you have to weigh in on what's good for the team ...

They will make a trade if they think it's worth it. If they feel that they are better off looking at the summer and next season - then they will not make that trade.

But they definitely will look to upgrade. It's preposterous to think that they aren't exhausting all areas.

Kwame Brown or Caron?

We had Mihm last season.

Really, that wasn’t Kwame superbly defending Shaq, or Tim Duncan or Yao Ming? Caron Butler would have done a better job of that? Or is it just his offensive numbers that impress you?

As for having Mihm last year, that’s true. We also had Kobe Bryant. Does that mean Kobe is crap, too?

Finals in 15 years? Hey, at least now we know where you stand as far as appreciating ownership and all they’ve brought to this city. Glad to know that all it takes is the 2nd year of a rebuild and this is your attitude and that of many fans.

Wow. I seriously had no idea how many fair weather bandwagoner fans the Lakers had. It’s actually very sad and this ownership doesn’t deserve it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Wow. I seriously had no idea how many fair weather bandwagoner fans the Lakers had. It’s actually very sad and this ownership doesn’t deserve it.

bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Bounty can suck it up since it's not Bounty's money.

Bounty's more than willing to pay Marbury 20 million and what not - yet not LO 12-13 million.

Interesting how every thread that Bounty posts in also becomes an Odom bash fest ... PATHETIC

No. Where have i said I want Star. WhyLO? B/C he is the single biggest problem with this team. hes not he worst member(The_Shoes words) but for 12mil he is our biggest problem. Plain and simple. Mihm isnt, hes great. bynum thats MY FUTURE. Smush fine. DG, fine. Sasha..hes sasha. Kwame Problem.

Kup has proven to be an awful ..awful evaluater of talent. AB is JB's. thats reality
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Kwame Brown or Caron?

We had Mihm last season.

I hardly call that progress. At that rate we may sniff the finals in 15 years

I don't recall Atkins dunking the ball and getting all those steals.

Caron and I said so at the time BUT we needed a Big body more than a SF.

Mihm is better this season and he was very inconsistent last season. Of all the playeres from last season - he has improved the most.

Who cares if he can't dunk? Smush defensively started the year off pretty strong but has since became a bad defender. So bad that Phil often has to take him out in favor of Sasha. He gets steals because all he ever does is reach instead of moving his feet on defense.

Yes we needed a big body but Kwame Brown? For 8 million a season?!

Mihm has became more consistant but his numbers are about the same as last year.

Truth is if you follow the moves LA has made since trading Shaq it appears they can't decide what the hell the want to do. Picking up a scrub like Kwame's 3rd year option sure doesn't look like progress to me. Instead of capspace in 2 years we're now looking at 3 years. We can't make any good trades because we've wasted most of our draft picks and exceptions since 2000.
BOW2KOBE
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Can we get a credible source to confirm this???
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Who cares if he can't dunk? Smush defensively started the year off pretty strong but has since became a bad defender. So bad that Phil often has to take him out in favor of Sasha. He gets steals because all he ever does is reach instead of moving his feet on defense.

I know this. Smush is best suited to be a backup. Vujacic can play with so much energy because he plays less minutes too.

Smush would be ideal with a guy that can spot him 24 minutes. Having a double headed starting PG.

But I rather have Smush than Atkins any day of the week. Better athlete, at times can play defense and much more fluid in the Triangle than Atkins would be (There's more to the Tri than just spotting up)

Quote:
Mihm has became more consistant but his numbers are about the same as last year

Well that's also because he's not getting that many FGA's. He's also playing in an offense that requires him to share the ball.

Quote:
Truth is if you follow the moves LA has made since trading Shaq it appears they can't decide what the hell the want to do. Picking up a scrub like Kwame's 3rd year option sure doesn't look like progress to me. Instead of capspace in 2 years we're now looking at 3 years. We can't make any good trades because we've wasted most of our draft picks and exceptions since 2000

They are keeping their options open. Part of being a good buinessman is knowing when to be aggressive and when to be flexible. It's not smart from Buss to be aggressive when he doesn't have the foundation to win. Once he can get that foundation - or if there's a move that can cement tha foundation - Buss will be very aggressive.

You guys give him way too little credit.
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:

BOW2KOBE wrote:
Can we get a credible source to confirm this???

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/radmanovic_060214.html

I couldn't be happier!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

We haven't wasted most of our draft picks. We have several picks as we speak.

Wow, the mis-information is mind boggling. First, Bounty believes the idiocy from the New York Media, which is what they do every single year to make fans think better of them - that the KNICKS turned down Odom for Frye. Has Bounty even asked himself why New York would turn down such a deal, had one actually been offered? Or is it just because it's an Odom rumor that makes Lamar look bad, and since Bounty hates Odom so much, that’s all that matters (apparently, Odom is the cause of everything terrible in Laker-land). Seriously, why on earth would the Knicks be the ones to nix that deal? Or better yet, why would the Lakers want that deal? Is it because we need so much help that we actually wanted lesser scoring or half the rebounds or a 6th of the assists or lesser blocked shots or worse defense than what we’re getting from Lamar? You think Phil and Kobe want cap relief instead of more help? Or is it because Odom is a Larry Brown favorite and a hometown player, so of course New York wouldn’t want him, right? Or does common sense not factor in to these things, just so long as we can bash our own guys?

Man, how pathetic is all this. The Clippers make themselves worse by trading Wilcox for Radmanovic, and we respond by trashing all things Lakers.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Alright.
We all love the Lakers and all but let's get this "appreciate ownership for all that it's done for us" type of talk.

This ownership, much like any other ownership, has earned a lot of money while bringing "all that" for us.

I'd gladly bring so much too if I was making money on it.

I like Dr. Buss and he's certainly one of the better sports owners out there but to have loyalty to an ownership is just a bit overdone.
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:

The Clippers make themselves worse by trading Wilcox for Radmanovic, and we respond by trashing all things Lakers.

Wow, you must not watch the Clippers at all (and I shouldn't expect it, this being a Laker board) to think that they got worse with this trade. Wilcox wasn't giving the team anything, and the biggest problem was outside shooting at the SF.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Freakout wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
BINGO.

Where's the progress?

2- We have more size

Kwame Brown or Caron?

We had Mihm last season.

Really, that wasn’t Kwame superbly defending Shaq, or Tim Duncan or Yao Ming? Caron Butler would have done a better job of that? Or is it just his offensive numbers that impress you?

As for having Mihm last year, that’s true. We also had Kobe Bryant. Does that mean Kobe is crap, too?

Finals in 15 years? Hey, at least now we know where you stand as far as appreciating ownership and all they’ve brought to this city. Glad to know that all it takes is the 2nd year of a rebuild and this is your attitude and that of many fans.

Kwame defended Shaq very well. He also layed a huge egg against Dallas. I see you focus on the 5 good games he's had this year instead of the 40 some bad ones. Of course Caron couldn't have guarded Shaq. For some reason I can't see any where that I actually said he could. That doesn't stop us from moving Caron for someone better than Kwame Brown OR just keeping him and get a veteran big with the MLE we wasted on Mckie.

I never called Mihm crap. You seem to love adding words. Still that doesn't equal progress.

You really don't want to start your junk with me about ownership. I respect everything Buss has done for this organization. However, I'll always feel the Mr. West was the main factor in our recent success. It's not suprising he got a horrible team like Memphis to be a playoff team so fast and thats without having the best player in the league on his team. I know if he was still here we would not be the .500 club that we are now. Unfortunately we're are stuck with Mitch.

And don't ever call me a (bleep) fairweather fan.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Statman, we all watch the games but Jam is correct you guys lose in this trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: