"Ball in the Family" - A Ball family reality show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/119699/lavar-ball-surprises-struggling-handyman-with-new-truck

Good post; thanks! 👍🏾
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
what does Lavar do for a living? how they afford to give ferarris? that's crazy.. Zo hasn't played a game for the lakers yet.. is this all TV money?? or what??

He runs big baller brand. He used to private train local middle school and high school athletes. Lonzo be getting loaned money.

Not sure they can responsibly afford them because Melo doesn't have $7 to renew his PlayStation plus subscription. He was begging for a code on twitter.

the extra doe came from the facebook reality tv series.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

The latest episode was the first time I've ever heard of someone putting ranch on their steak.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
what does Lavar do for a living? how they afford to give ferarris? that's crazy.. Zo hasn't played a game for the lakers yet.. is this all TV money?? or what??

He runs big baller brand. He used to private train local middle school and high school athletes. Lonzo be getting loaned money.

Not sure they can responsibly afford them because Melo doesn't have $7 to renew his PlayStation plus subscription. He was begging for a code on twitter.

Hoping Lavar pulled his subscription and withheld allowance or something. That young man needs a little more discipline.

I like how Lavar laid in to him rightfully so and then made sure he was okay after.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
The latest episode was the first time I've ever heard of someone putting ranch on their steak.

Gelo & Lonzo both went to restaurants and both ordered steak and fries and threw away the veggies You can tell they're brothers haha

They have terrible diets for athletes. Lonzo was saying that was the biggest shocker to him talking with Steve Nash
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Practice wrote:

Gelo & Lonzo both went to restaurants and both ordered steak and fries and threw away the veggies You can tell they're brothers haha

They have terrible diets for athletes. Lonzo was saying that was the biggest shocker to him talking with Steve Nash

Most young NBA players have terrible diets. They usually don't start eating better until their 3rd or 4th season.

Shaq's love of McDonalds early on is well documented.

Charles Barkley used to eat 2 McDonalds fish sandwiches before every game

Kobe was known for eating cheeseburgers and pizza the night before a game.

Caron Butler has said he had a full on soda addiction.

Paul Pierce admitted that as a rookie he hate Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast then had Burger King for lunch and dinner.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
22 wrote:
Practice wrote:

Most young NBA players have terrible diets. They usually don't start eating better until their 3rd or 4th season.

Paul Pierce admitted that as a rookie he hate Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast then had Burger King for lunch and dinner.

Don't forget Lamar's candy obsession, and it seems that never went away lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

also it seems like they really did not have big money until Lonzo's Laker money started flowing through. The house they live at looks pretty small and I never seen them really ball out until Lonzo became a Laker.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

Waiting for episode 6
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

also it seems like they really did not have big money until Lonzo's Laker money started flowing through. The house they live at looks pretty small and I never seen them really ball out until Lonzo became a Laker.
lonzo became a laker at the same time that the shoes were coming out at the same time pops was doing the media circuit at the same time this reality show was being finalized.

They have multiple income streams right now:

BBB money

Media Circuit money(you get paid for those visits and its free advertisement for BBB)

Zo's Laker money

Facebook reality TV money

and I believe he's still training people.

Did 2k pay Lavar to be in 2k too? They have the man's wwe run and he has a few texts within the game.

multiple streams..lol
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
22 wrote:
Practice wrote:

Athletes burn a lot of calories so they can eat a lot of junk and get away with it. Eventually it gets to them when they are older and thats when they have to start watching their diets better. If you look at Tom Brady he is one of those exceptions, he is very strict with his diet and thats probably why he's lasted so long in the NFL.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Waiting for episode 6

Denise holding on tight
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Waiting for episode 6

Denise holding on tight

Haha. Thanks.
Poor D-nice. I hope she knows that the odds of high school relationships lasting are very low.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

It's really the first reality show I have ever watched. I think it makes the family seem a little more like the rest of us. Trainer Dad, helping his wife through stroke rehabilitation, 3 basically teenage boys trying to prepare for a future in basketball.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
It's really the first reality show I have ever watched. I think it makes the family seem a little more like the rest of us. Trainer Dad, helping his wife through stroke rehabilitation, 3 basically teenage boys trying to prepare for a future in basketball.

I wonder how much of it is scripted.
You how reality TV tries to find drama in little things?
I feel like this show isn't really doing that... well except the last episode with the gf. Haha
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

lonzo became a laker at the same time that the shoes were coming out at the same time pops was doing the media circuit at the same time this reality show was being finalized.

BBB money

Media Circuit money(you get paid for those visits and its free advertisement for BBB)

Zo's Laker money

Did 2k pay Lavar to be in 2k too? They have the man's wwe run and he has a few texts within the game.

multiple streams..lol

BBB is very likely still losing money

Media Circuit money is minimal if any....guessing most of it only included expenses, and was used to promote brand

highly doubt an online streaming reality series paid a large sum of money....especially is initial season.

very few personal trainers make more than a minimal livable income, especially not training neighborhood kids.

my guess is if you are a Ball Family fan (or even a UCLA fan), you probably do not want to know how that family has received their income....because none of it makes sense. The house was purchased in '96 for only $181K....but the cars, even when Lonzo was in high school/college....there does not seem to be an explanation for a household with one part time income earner. Even the expenses associated with the AAU team, that supposedly received no sponsorship support, would have cost tens of thousands each year in travel and expenses. Money was injected into the family during Lonzo's late teen years, and so far there has not really been any reasonable explanation.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

I think he is spending the pre-order money and using Lonzo's salary to pay for the production.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

BBB money

Zo's Laker money

multiple streams..lol

Media Circuit money is minimal if any....guessing most of it only included expenses, and was used to promote brand

highly doubt an online streaming reality series paid a large sum of money....especially is initial season.

very few personal trainers make more than a minimal livable income, especially not training neighborhood kids.

my guess is if you are a Ball Family fan (or even a UCLA fan), you probably do not want to know how that family has received their income....because none of it makes sense. The house was purchased in '96 for only $181K....but the cars, even when Lonzo was in high school/college....there does not seem to be an explanation for a household with one part time income earner. Even the expenses associated with the AAU team, that supposedly received no sponsorship support, would have cost tens of thousands each year in travel and expenses. Money was injected into the family during Lonzo's late teen years, and so far there has not really been any reasonable explanation.

plenty of ways for a top NBA prospect and his family to come into some cash and not all are completely against NCAA rules

but now that Lonzo is in the NBA I think his salary is their only significant income source. I feel kinda bad for Lonzo... His dad is going to drain a huge chunk of his earnings into their family's lifestyle (already bought his brothers a Ferrari and Lambo) and their BBB brand that can easily fail completely
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Car companies/dealers let you use high end ones for 3-6 months as part of promotions for Youtubers. They keep changing it as well. Lavar won't find it hard to reach such a deal.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
plenty of ways for a top NBA prospect and his family to come into some cash and not all are completely against NCAA rules

any examples?
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

"you don't gotta be a big baller TO BE A BIG BALLER."
-Lavar Ball
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

any examples?

Lavar could reach deals for BBB giving partnership. That's his business. It's not just Lonzo. They already got shoes for Melo. I doubt he's financing BBB all by himself. Those partners must be investing. Bron's mom bought him a high end car while in high school. She got bank loan since they knew Bron's gonna be in the NBA.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Episode 7.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
adkindo wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

BBB money

Zo's Laker money

multiple streams..lol

but now that Lonzo is in the NBA I think his salary is their only significant income source. I feel kinda bad for Lonzo... His dad is going to drain a huge chunk of his earnings into their family's lifestyle (already bought his brothers a Ferrari and Lambo) and their BBB brand that can easily fail completely
how can you feel bad for lonzo. when lonzo wouldnt be lozno with lavar. lets be honest here. they are a team. he trained these boys to be what they are. yes they were born with certain talents. but if lavar didnt train up those talents we would not have known these kids at all. the only reason you know Zo and the other kids is because of what lavar has done with them. In addition to lavar talking crazy. this is how they became a house hold name. some of the money zo is going to get off the court is do to his father pushing the envelope. They are self made celebrities now. The beauty of the ball family is they all actually have talent in some area. pops is a good trainer and master marketer(you dont have to like it to admit it). The mom pre stroke was their tutor and possibly helped them with some basketball too. since I think she use to play ball herself back in college. The 3 boys are extremely good basketball players. Top in their cities, top in their state, and top in their country. one made it to the nba as a 2nd round pick. the other 2 got scooped up by UCLA. a well known basketball school.

This aint the kardashians. where the dad had all the talent. and these folks are standing around being cute and if they aint cute enough they will go under the knife to get sliced up into something cute. and thats about it. the mom is a master marketer too i guess. but it all started with a sex tape. again the ball family has actual talent/skill in something.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Car companies/dealers let you use high end ones for 3-6 months as part of promotions for Youtubers. They keep changing it as well. Lavar won't find it hard to reach such a deal.
This too. everyone wants to get in on the hype when you're the next hyped thing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: