Anyone reported on Shabazz to the Lakers?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Anyone reported on Shabazz to the Lakers?

Rumor from Lakersnation and Eric Pincus say there may be mutual interest in bringing him in on a one year deal for either the 4.3 mil exception or a vets minimum.

This been posted here yet?

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-shabazz-muhammad-considering-joining-l-a/2017/08/31/
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Sounds like he would be a decent addition...

Do it Mitch, err
Do it Rob!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

Eh
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I just read an article about how Rich Paul (Lebrons Agent) also represents Shabazz and KCP...

Think the Lakers are trying to get in good with him???
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Copying my post from Bruin gold.

He'd be a weird fit in the Lakers. For a team having the defensive problems they do (ranked 30th of thirty teams in the last two seasons in defensive rating and ranked no better than 28th for four consecutive seasons), adding a guy who is a defensive liability feels counter-intuitive.

If he were a three point guru (he's not) or a guy who makes team mates better (not known for it) or a long-quick versatile athlete (not at all), then I might feel otherwise. I don't see a fit. Shabazz had a nice mid-range scoring game and some post presence. So if the Lakers want him for some end of bench scoring punch, then maybe I've underestimated him. Of course, Shabazz is unsigned late in the free agent signing period, so these rumors will pop up.

I wish Shabazz well, but frankly, elsewhere.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Ugh, don't want Shabazz with the Lakers. He finishes the fast break nice, but who doesn't, really.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Copying my post from Bruin gold.

He'd be a weird fit in the Lakers. For a team having the defensive problems they do (ranked 30th of thirty teams in the last two seasons in defensive rating and ranked no better than 28th for four consecutive seasons), adding a guy who is a defensive liability feels counter-intuitive.

If he were a three point guru (he's not) or a guy who makes team mates better (not known for it) or a long-quick versatile athlete (not at all), then I might feel otherwise. I don't see a fit. Shabazz had a nice mid-range scoring game and some post presence. So if the Lakers want him for some end of bench scoring punch, then maybe I've underestimated him. Of course, Shabazz is unsigned late in the free agent signing period, so these rumors will pop up.

I wish Shabazz well, but frankly, elsewhere.

Bruin Gold has become my favorite UCLA BB site by a long shot. Didn't quite realize that was you over there.

I think I agree with you on Shabazz too. After reading a bit about him, don't think he would be great fit. The ONLY reason I can see it is if we are trying to gain favor with his agent for deals down the road.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: