Brandon Ingram looking like a problem waiting to happen!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

"Big Green Tractor" bring out beastmode Ingram? We'll make a note of that for all our home games next season. I mean if that's what inspires Ingram then I don't mind listening to it every game.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
nash wrote:
ocho wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
You still need elite iso player in today's game when the offense breaks down. GSW has 3. Cavs had 2. Lakers have BI and maybe BLO.

ISO Scoring:

Durant - 89th percentile
Curry - 93rd percentile
Thompson - 94th percentile
James - 76th percentile
Irving - 94th percentile
Ingram - 42nd percentile

You are going to be surprised by his numbers after the all star break, he finished the season really strong and that is why I don't like to talk about "Ingram rookie season" because his performance in 2016 was a major struggle, but he kept getting better every month of this year, in 2017 he has improved steadily with solid advanced stats and per 36 numbers in april increasing it in his lone summer league game.

I've noticed a lot of people don't like to talk about Ingram's rookie season

I am sure he will be better this season but referring to him as an elite ISO player is factually incorrect and extremely premature.

Fair enough its more of a prediction of his future based on trajectory than what his average last season. The kid is special. I think by asb he will be the go to guy for the Lakers on iso.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

BI is going to tear it up this year...
laker818fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Between his one summer league game and this one play, he's holding the ball too long IMO.

It looks like a play designed to have him go one on one.
If you see it again, notice how the passer gives the ball to Brandon and then clears out. On the other side, Lonzo clears out too.
Summer league was just a bunch of dudes doing random things. So I dont know if thats a good measure of how long he holds the ball.
I know that last season, plenty of folks were complaining about him being too passive, so Im glad he's being more aggressive.

They are practicing it because we need a closer. Looks like BI will be our closer. I bet there are more of those designed plays to close out a game.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Ingram to some exten could be a finisher and ISO threat

socalsp3 wrote:
You still need elite iso player in today's game when the offense breaks down. GSW has 3. Cavs had 2. Lakers have BI and maybe BLO.

Lonzo was UCLA's bail-out half court scorer last season, but not as an attacking player on the perimeter from the dribble option position; instead, his step-back one dribble move for deep threes proved pretty reliable. That team's real ISO threat was TJ Leaf, who could drive from mid-range and finish, or could pull-up for a mid Jay, or could receive a hot Lonzo pass inside for quick jump-hooks. Ingram, Randle or Kuzma may be able to offer some combined array of threats comparable to the ways Leaf combined with Lonzo in the half court. Here's to hoping. I have to wait and see.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: