Los Angeles an ‘appealing destination’ for Dwyane Wade if bought out by Bulls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want Wade on this team?
YES!
44%
 44%  [ 55 ]
NO!
38%
 38%  [ 48 ]
NOT SURE
16%
 16%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 124

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
If he is bought out, he's going to Cleveland.

TT/Frye
Love/Crowder
LeBron/Shump
Wade/JR/Korver
IT/Rose

I think JR starts b/c he gives them better 3/D than Wade.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

TT/Frye
Love/Crowder
LeBron/Shump
Wade/JR/Korver
IT/Rose

Imo the only way Wade is not in Cleveland, if bought out, is if Lebron tells him not to come. If that happens, that's basically a wrap and Lebron leaving Cleveland next summer is a done deal.

LeBron is still going to try to win another ring no matter whether he leaves or stays, he's going to still want as much help as he can get.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Wade makes no sense with the Lakers after a buyout. He has better opportunities on other teams. Mainly MIA or CLE.

This is where I disagree. Why wouldn't he help the team?

IMO, he's better than JC, Hart, Ennis, Weber, Caruso.

He wouldn't start on the Cavs (JR) or Miami (Waiters).

He would have to come to terms that he will be a 6th man ala Iggy on the Warriors.

The 2018 angle comes into play b/c it intimately affects how the Lakers approach 2017. You're treating it as a separate ecosystem when what I outlined above shows it's just one part of the ecosystem that includes 2018 (all the expiring deals we have with KCP/Brook/Brewer, etc. are intentional).

Wade would probably start on the Cavs. But his family is in Miami, he could get his farewell tour there.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Wade makes no sense with the Lakers after a buyout. He has better opportunities on other teams. Mainly MIA or CLE.

This is where I disagree. Why wouldn't he help the team?

IMO, he's better than JC, Hart, Ennis, Weber, Caruso.

He wouldn't start on the Cavs (JR) or Miami (Waiters).

He would have to come to terms that he will be a 6th man ala Iggy on the Warriors.

The 2018 angle comes into play b/c it intimately affects how the Lakers approach 2017. You're treating it as a separate ecosystem when what I outlined above shows it's just one part of the ecosystem that includes 2018 (all the expiring deals we have with KCP/Brook/Brewer, etc. are intentional).

Only way I would do this, is if JC is moved or, as you said, if they would somehow take JC/Deng to make this happen. They'd get their boy Deng back and a young player but I doubt they would be interested.

But if we can't move JC for something that makes sense, then, I think I'd rather use the year to see what we have in him and Hart and even KCP to a lesser degree.

Because while I agree Wade is probably better today than any of our young players at the position, for me, he's too old to justify taking valuable playing time and reps from a younger player who we're still trying to figure out what we have.

There is no way you're trading JC/Deng and saddling a team with 30m+ a year. It would be JC/Brewer (JC is likely a 2018 2 max casualty anyways).

Deng is a whole different problem. JC isn't an incentive enough to get him off your books.

I agree. JC/Brewer would be fine. I like JC, but I wouldn't be opposed to it since at worst you're freeing up that much more space next year.

I still think, and this is why I'm on the fence, ok, probably on the other side, about some of these older players. It is somewhat of a zero sum game, and, this won't be the first time we have to pick and choose between young vs old.

The Bulls might want to save money by buying out Wade but instead take on more salary with Clarkson? If JC is that valuable we should hang onto him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

TT/Frye
Love/Crowder
LeBron/Shump
Wade/JR/Korver
IT/Rose

Imo the only way Wade is not in Cleveland, if bought out, is if Lebron tells him not to come. If that happens, that's basically a wrap and Lebron leaving Cleveland next summer is a done deal.

LeBron is still going to try to win another ring no matter whether he leaves or stays, he's going to still want as much help as he can get.

For sure, which is why he won't tell him not to come. What I was trying to say is if Wade didn't pick Cleveland that's yet another significant clue into Lebron out.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Los Angeles an ‘appealing destination’ for Dwyane Wade if bought out by Bulls

pio2u wrote:
[b]Los Angeles an ‘appealing destination’ for Dwyane Wade if bought out by Bulls[/b]

he'd fit right in with the clippers
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

TT/Frye
Love/Crowder
LeBron/Shump
Wade/JR/Korver
IT/Rose

For sure, which is why he won't tell him not to come. What I was trying to say is if Wade didn't pick Cleveland that's yet another significant clue into Lebron out.

If Wade goes to Cleveland it would only be for this season. It would show nothing about Lebron's future plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:

The Bulls might want to save money by buying out Wade but instead take on more salary with Clarkson? If JC is that valuable we should hang onto him.

1. They're rebuilding, so moving Wade would be a courtesy.
2. Lavine tore his ACL. He may not be the same guy. Oh he's also a RFA.
3. the combo guards they have now are all hot garbage. JC actually probably vaults to the top of the depth chart on that team.
4. Like the Nets, doubt they are looking to be a contending team by next year. Probably would be willing to take some young talent on reasonable deals while they accumulate assets.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

TT/Frye
Love/Crowder
LeBron/Shump
Wade/JR/Korver
IT/Rose

If Wade goes to Cleveland it would only be for this season. It would show nothing about Lebron's future plans.

Yes it's obvious if Wade goes it's only for this season. As for Lebron, that's your opinion. There have already been a few clues that he's leaving Cleveland after this season. Doesn't mean he's coming to the lakers but I would say it's better than 50/50 that he's leaving Cleveland.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Or the Bulls could buy out Wade and tank without taking on Clarkson's salary. Now if you want to deal some picks along with JC they might be interested. If they are looking out for Wade, it depends on what he wants.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

It seems like Cleveland and Miami are gonna get him, but you never know he might like the Lakers young talent.and it seems like he loves LA, he was working out with Paul George recently in Malibu. I mean from a winning standpoint Cleveland makes much more sense, but Lakers or Clippers might offer him a chance to play were her wife can do her acting and entertainment..... I don't think Wade going to Miami or Cleveland is set in stone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

Wade not being a Bull isn't set in stone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Or the Bulls could buy out Wade and tank without taking on Clarkson's salary. Now if you want to deal some picks along with JC they might be interested. If they are looking out for Wade, it depends on what he wants.

My point is that JC's price point and age, he fits in nicely with a rebuilding team. Good enough but not great enough to jeopardize a tank job, but somewhat interesting to watch. Lavine may prove to be a lemon after his knee injury too, so why not have a young guard at a fraction of the cost (if Lavine is looking for 20m+ a year)?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

My point is that JC's price point and age, he fits in nicely with a rebuilding team. Good enough but not great enough to jeopardize a tank job, but somewhat interesting to watch. Lavine may prove to be a lemon after his knee injury too, so why not have a young guard at a fraction of the cost (if Lavine is looking for 20m+ a year)?

As I posted, throw in some picks and you might have a deal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

A 2nd rounder is all I would throw at them. Otherwise, have fun paying Wade 18m not to play for them (Chicago ownership is unbelievably stingy) and join possibly an in-Division rival (Cavs). Why not get a young player for your troubles?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

A 2nd rounder is all I would throw at them. Otherwise, have fun paying Wade 18m not to play for them (Chicago ownership is unbelievably stingy) and join possibly an in-Division rival (Cavs). Why not get a young player for your troubles?

I've heard the Bulls really want Deng back.....

or not...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If the Bulls have interest in Clarkson then they might call. They might not be interested in taking on his contract. They are stingy, they have the lowest payroll in the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If the Bulls have interest in Clarkson then they might call. They might not be interested in taking on his contract. They are stingy, they have the lowest payroll in the league.

Yeah, which is why i chuckle at the JC + Deng for Wade deals.

JC at 12m-ish isn't too bad if they're using him as a combo guard. They don't have a reliable guard on that team. Bunch of question marks (including Lavine due to injury).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

The proposed Asik+ Wade deal is the only 1 that makes the most sense so far.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

Wade is only interested in our cap space to sign for $20 million and years.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Wade is only interested in our cap space to sign for $20 million and years. Cleveland can't offer that. Miami likely won't offer that, either.

I hope we don't either.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Wade is only interested in our cap space to sign for $20 million and years. Cleveland can't offer that. Miami likely won't offer that, either.

I hope we don't either.

What if he helps us bring in LeBron?

I would gladly chew on a Lopez/LeBron/Wade summer
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I hope we don't either.

"It aint gonna happen"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I hope we don't either.

What if he helps us bring in LeBron?

I would gladly chew on a Lopez/LeBron/Wade summer

I don't think LBJ's decision to join the Lakers will be reliant upon whether a then 36 year old Wade is also on the Lakers on a 20m+ deal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

WADE & PG:

Quote:
From former rivals to practice buddies. Dwyane Wade trains with his former arch rival, Paul George, and of course puts it right on the net for everyone to see.

http://terezowens.com/dwyane-wade-trains-with-his-former-arch-rival-paul-george/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: