Why wasn't there the same sense of "boredom" during the Bulls dynasty?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

IMO there are more fans of the warriors down here than Bulls fans when they was winning.
Bulls Saturday night games was shown on local a local station here, back than. I never watched any of them.
The Lakers team was always more exciting to watch than the bulls.

It seems the older Jordan gets , the bigger his legacy gets. Thanks to a shoe made by Nike. imo
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
IMO there are more fans of the warriors down here than Bulls fans when they was winning.
Bulls Saturday night games was shown on local a local station here, back than. I never watched any of them.
The Lakers team was always more exciting to watch than the bulls.

It seems the older Jordan gets , the bigger his legacy gets. Thanks to a shoe made by Nike. imo

Bulls games were shown on WGN Superstation back in the day. Remember this was the time before League Pass and before all the big money went into TV rights. That was also a big reason why the Bulls had a lot of fans across the country as well. It was easy to watch a Bulls game back then. You could catch them on NBC during the weekends when and if they had their NBA double/triple headers on Sunday. And then WGN would show some games throughout the week along with TNT. Don't forget the Lakers were awful/rebuilding from 1992 to 1995 so bandwagon fans attached themselves to the Bulls because of MJ.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Don't overthink it. People are fascinated by Steph Curry's range, Durant's defection from OKC, Draymond Green's mouth, etc.

But none of that will (seemingly) ever compare to how people felt about Michael Jordan. No one cared if it seemed like his team won every year, people just wanted to watch him. He was just a beautiful "mover." My mom was a ballerina and that's how she described watching him.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject:

Jordan

a.) quality performance
b.) cutting edge marketing
c.) aesthetic perfection. Great-looking human with unique, visually spectacular movement

b and c are/were bigger factors than a

As a guy who has despised his hype machine and his dimwitted templars through the decades, even I have to say he was fun to watch. I sought out Bulls telecasts when the Lakers weren't playing.

The Warriors are excellent but I have 0 desire to watch them.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Don't overthink it. People are fascinated by Steph Curry's range, Durant's defection from OKC, Draymond Green's mouth, etc.

But none of that will (seemingly) ever compare to how people felt about Michael Jordan. No one cared if it seemed like his team won every year, people just wanted to watch him. He was just a beautiful "mover." My mom was a ballerina and that's how she described watching him.

Pretty much it....Magic and Bird resurrected the NBA from bankruptcy, MJ elevated it to the next level on the world stage. Non-NBA fans watched the Bulls because he did to the NBA what Tiger did to golf....people who didn't watch before suddenly acquired an interest in the sport.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

I don't think it's a universally-held sense of boredom and inevitability that is associated with the MJ Bulls team era and the current one. It's not commonly-help at all, but it may be widely held by folks who root for other clubs.

It's all a matter perspective IMO. If you're on the outside of hope and success as a fan, and you're looking in at repeated, sustained successes of other clubs, yeah you're part of a widely shared sentiment: we're on the outside, bored with the results and action.

Frankly, my non-Laker fan friends (and there are a few throughout this country) described feelings exactly as the OP described, except during the Shaq-Kobe Laker period: bored. It's not
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: