Would Lonzo have been #1 pick if Lakers didn't keep their pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
I've wondered if the Lakers take Lonzo if we win the lottery.

Seeing how Magic has raved about needing a leader and needing a guy who can get others involved... well, I think we knew who he was locked in on.

Fultz will be an elite scorer/closer and Ball will be an elite playmaker/team guy.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps one day we will find out if lonzo saying he wants to be a Laker and refusing workouts deterred those teams from picking him #1 and/or trading up.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
I've wondered if the Lakers take Lonzo if we win the lottery.

This is the real question, who was #1 on our board?

There were many reports, Magic on record directly in front of the camera, and Ramona reporting on ESPN, that Lonzo was #1 on our board, and we worked out everyone. Maybe it was just lip service, but everything Magic said about wanting a leader when talking about trading DLo supports that argument.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Perhaps one day we will find out if lonzo saying he wants to be a Laker and refusing workouts deterred those teams from picking him #1 and/or trading up.

I doubt we ever really know the 100% truth....but none of that matters now....they now have to let their performance over the next few years support their case.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
one of these days after we win a few rings with zo on the team. we will thank lavar for being supposedly overbearing to a lot of people. This plus not working out for other teams is what made those other people pass up on him. you have a fanbase thats saying "I hate lonzo because of lavar." you add that to him not working out. you dont even mess around and you choose someone else. it was a deep enough draft at the top to be just fine with whoever you picked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: