Kobe Jersey Retirement: 12-18-17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

it was kinda short no? would have been nice to see atleast Shaq speak
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:

Tough to make it too long in the middle of a game, hard on the players. His statue unveiling will likely have more speakers.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:

Counting that animation in the beginning, Kobe has probably one of the longest halftime jersey retirement ever. Shaq is jealous.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Slava was there! Legend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Liked Jeanie’s speech especially about the reason for retiring both numbers since they would still both qualify for the HOF even if you split them up.

Her comment about Kobe staying when it was easier to have gone elsewhere was almost like unintentional shots fired to players like Durant, LeBron.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/35m4juh.jpg

man, this is the best trophy for Kobe.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
With the way guys change numbers now, there will be more multiple numbers retired soon. Lebron is probably next.

LeBron never changed his number while on the same team though. 23 for Cleveland. 6 for Miami. I don't see him changing it now, and if so, it will be on another team.

Yeah. Lebron changed his 23 to 6, but he went back to 23 when he returned to the Cavs.

There are a few stars who wore different numbers on different teams (often because the were traded and their number was already retired), so they have more than one retired number but not on the same team -- Pete Maravich, Earl Monroe, Oscar Robertson, Julius Erving are a few. But that's been happening for 30 or 40 years.

My favorite is Jerry Sloan. His 4 as a player was retired by the Bulls; the Jazz retired him as a coach with 1223 which is how many games he won with the team.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Counting that animation in the beginning, Kobe has probably one of the longest halftime jersey retirement ever. Shaq is jealous.

didnt Magic had Kareem, Worthy and even Bird hold a little speech at his? im not complaining about the length really, i just wish there were more people speaking, or atleast just Shaq and Jerry West
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Kobe. Pure class speech.

Leaving at the end was NOT nice. Hope there was a good reason for that.

All in all it was great top see him again in Staples. Not sure he is coming anymore in next 5 years until his statue is done.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

All in all it was great top see him again in Staples. Not sure he is coming anymore in next 5 years until his statue is done.

New born, I suspect. It was about 10:15 and I suspect they were returning to the OC
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Terrible game and he has small children with him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

BI or Lonzo should've had a game winner to pay tribute to Kobe but naa KCP
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/35m4juh.jpg

man, this is the best trophy for Kobe.

Ditto muh man!
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject:

I was at the game and had pretty good seats. I Watched Kobe all throughout the game and he didn’t seem like he gave a damn about the game. No matter what the play or what the call was, he remained stoic when the rest of the stadium went crazy. He honestly seemed more intuned with his youngest being entertained than the game. It seemed a couple times his middle girl would ask questions about the game, and he’d promptly point out and presumably answer her.

This isn’t to be a knock on him by any means, he seems like the antithesis of the high school graduate who returns to games to relive his glory years. He put the game behind him, he legitimately has his focus elsewhere. I don’t think he had a visceral reaction to the game like most fans because he’s seen it all, he takes it in like a scientist studying his data, watching whatever comes from it.

But those were just my observations, I wonder what anyone else saw who was there?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
I was at the game and had pretty good seats. I Watched Kobe all throughout the game and he didn’t seem like he gave a damn about the game. No matter what the play or what the call was, he remained stoic when the rest of the stadium went crazy. He honestly seemed more intuned with his youngest being entertained than the game. It seemed a couple times his middle girl would ask questions about the game, and he’d promptly point out and presumably answer her.

This isn’t to be a knock on him by any means, he seems like the antithesis of the high school graduate who returns to games to relive his glory years. He put the game behind him, he legitimately has his focus elsewhere. I don’t think he had a visceral reaction to the game like most fans because he’s seen it all, he takes it in like a scientist studying his data, watching whatever comes from it.

But those were just my observations, I wonder what anyone else saw who was there?

For what it's worth, if you watch the highlights, there were moments the camera caught him reacting to some plays
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

(bleep) deserves to have 50 jerseys retired.

His baby daughter is (bleep) adorable. Wish I could pinch her cute lil chubby cheeks and go wooojy woooojy wooo.
tigastorres
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject:

Who were in attendance during the jersey retirement?
I see Shaq, Fisher, Allen Iverson, Congo Cash - who was the bearded man between Fisher and Mbenga ? Harden?

Who among the past and present players or notable personalities who came?

I am just curious.

Thanks.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

Ronny Turiaf
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
With the way guys change numbers now, there will be more multiple numbers retired soon. Lebron is probably next.

LeBron never changed his number while on the same team though. 23 for Cleveland. 6 for Miami. I don't see him changing it now, and if so, it will be on another team.

Yeah. Lebron changed his 23 to 6, but he went back to 23 when he returned to the Cavs.

And LeBron just changed to 6 because Miami had #23 retired in honor of, well... Michael Jordan.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

will forever be the GOAT to me.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

WoW! Kobe's two jerseys sandwiched between Chick's is classic!!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

He put in 20 years for the organization....he can damn well do what he pleases.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

He put in 20 years for the organization....he can damn well do what he pleases.

He wouldn't be Kobe if somebody didn't find something to be mad about.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:

Kobe gave his all to the game. He has walked away and I doubt he returns.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:

Can't say I blame him for that...he isn't invested in the team like he was as a player. He has no formal role in the organization. He has a lot of stuff to keep him busy, his kids, his film making and business thing he got going on. He already said he throws himself into whatever work he is involved into at the moment and that isn't basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15
Jump to: