? on Inside Information...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: ? on Inside Information...

I have read in several posts that insiders from both this site as well as ClubLakers are in the know of a trade possibility. Can anyone inform me what has been said in those threads. There are so many pages to look through to get the information, and I haven't found anything. Thanks.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ? on Inside Information...

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
I have read in several posts that insiders from both this site as well as ClubLakers are in the know of a trade possibility. Can anyone inform me what has been said in those threads. There are so many pages to look through to get the information, and I haven't found anything. Thanks.

It's basically the very same trade scenario's you always hear. The Lakers are in talks to trade away a player who is not a fan favourite for someone who is a fans fantasy. So basically you've not missed anything of note. Some of the names being tossed around on this episode of fantasy trade are: Kenyon Martin & Jermaine Oneal. But as is usually the case, there isn't anything that's made it's way from fantasy island and into the real world....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Thanks...have they mentioned odds on how likely the trade is?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

No. It's the same usual "They are getting close" that we'll be hearing all the way up to February 23rd, and then we'll get the obligatory "This is how Mitch screwed up this time" blabber that follows. So basically nothing new in Lakerland.....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

^ Yup. Well said.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Great...ALL my favorite teams, in all sports are incompetent when it comes to FA signings and trades.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

No. It's the same usual "They are getting close" that we'll be hearing all the way up to February 23rd, and then we'll get the obligatory "This is how Mitch screwed up this time" blabber that follows. So basically nothing new in Lakerland.....

:roll: ...spare me, you're (being the people that belittle the insiders) just as predicatable as "the insiders", except they actually improve people's moods
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

:roll: ...spare me, you're (being the people that belittle the insiders) just as predicatable as "the insiders", except they actually improve people's moods

Only thing is......he's right.

There have been multiple occassions where the insiders on this board have used very definitive language that a trade(s) was going to happen, thusly getting many people's hopes up only to leave them disappointed. Do I think that guys like LTL, Brock, & Emplay have access to inside information that most of us don't have? Hell yes. However, they've been wrong more often than they've been right. Is that their fault......have they been lying to us? Hell no. I think they just relay the information they've been passed, but if your name isn't Jerry Buss, Phil Jackson, Mitch Kupchak, or Jim Buss, you are beholden to the whims of that quartet. I take the inside info with a grain of salt these days, it means less sleepless nights on LG. The only insider that I've ever seen that's always been money has been Lamobe, and he almost never posts here.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
Great...ALL my favorite teams, in all sports are incompetent when it comes to FA signings and trades.

First of all, JO was never seriously mentioned...that was someone running with an idea (one person) and no one took it seriously. Insiders here (Lionel) and on CL (Vasashi and LD2K) confirmed that a trade is in the works. They wouldn't mention who, but specified that this trade would be followed up by a smaller one (hinted at being the JJ trade exemption for DA). More than likely the player they are referring to is K-mart...someone suggested getting Earl Watson with him, but that would make things difficult. Other things that have been thrown out there are Seattle (Lewis) and Portland (Theo, Sebas T). But Larry Coon, an insider on Realgm pretty much confirmed it was K-mart. Anyway, Lionel and LD2K both said it was 100% while emplay said 49%. There you go, and it is important to remember that in all these scenarios we only have our expiring K's and possibly Mihm going out.

Last edited by insidepresence on Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Quest...I never once said they got everything right. I know that they don't. It's impossible for them too. What bothers me is when people act like the "insiders" relay this info as a big joke on all of us to get our hopes up. Its pessimism that bothers me...What he's saying is right, but why can't he just answer the person's question? Why belittle the "insiders"?...its not necessary, they're info is appreciated and is a priveledge, and it's your own fault if you believe everything is happening for sure
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Quest...I never once said they got everything right. I know that they don't. It's impossible for them too. What bothers me is when people act like the "insiders" relay this info as a big joke on all of us to get our hopes up. Its pessimism that bothers me...What he's saying is right, but why can't he just answer the person's question? Why belittle the "insiders"?...its not necessary, they're info is appreciated and is a priveledge, and it's your own fault if you believe everything is happening for sure

Whoa. Sorry I've missed a bit of the debate. Drivetime! I in no way am belittling the insiders. I state very clearly in my post that its "The Lakers are in talks to trade away a player who is not a fan favourite for someone who is a fans fantasy." I'm about as far from being a pessimist as there is on this board. Have a read of my posts and you'll see I'm the one always defending Kwame,Odom,Kobe, & Phil from all the haters. The over the top pessimism on this board is what bothers me sometimes as well that's why I made a point of addressing it to the "FANS" and not the insiders. The insiders don't bother me one bit. I'm not a person who get's his hopes up for anything until a deal is done and signed so any conjecture about trades really doesn't phase me one bit. For the most part, the insiders seem pretty well informed and well connected and I've NEVER challenged that. I enjoy what they add to the board a great deal more than what many other posters add, so I'm happy that they choose to share....
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Aussie...I wasn't just pointing at you, it was more of a general you at people who complain. I've been reading everything lately with people going overboard both ways and it pissed me off. You have people yelling about "OMG we're getting KG" and then there are others saying "The insiders know nothing, they should all be banished". Its just silly, they don't realize that life isn't about absolutes. I'm sorry I singled you out, and I admittedly haven't read many of your posts so I know not your stance. I'm sorry if it seemed like I questioned your motivations, not my intentions, I'm just fed up with others is all
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

and from your last post, I'd assume we have share a similar view of things, so now I feel doubly bad for singling you out, once again not my intention
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Aussie...I wasn't just pointing at you, it was more of a general you at people who complain. I've been reading everything lately with people going overboard both ways and it pissed me off. You have people yelling about "OMG we're getting KG" and then there are others saying "The insiders know nothing, they should all be banished". Its just silly, they don't realize that life isn't about absolutes. I'm sorry I singled you out, and I admittedly haven't read many of your posts so I know not your stance. I'm sorry if it seemed like I questioned your motivations, not my intentions, I'm just fed up with others is all

Hey, I'm with you in that frustration. That's why I was trying to be a little tongue and cheek in my original response. Poking a little fun at the complainers...
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Ya tongue and cheek doesn't usually work with me, apparently I've lost the ability to detect sarcasm...a by-product of college...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: