LaMelo and Draft Circumvention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
What's the punishment for shoplifting in Lithuania?

Besides having to live there, looks like it's a fine or up to 6 years in prison.

Quote:

Article 178. Theft
1. A person who seizes another’s property
shall be punished by community service or by a fine or by restriction of liberty or by arrest or by imprisonment for a term of up to three years.
2. A person who openly seizes another’s property in an open manner or seizes another’s property by breaking into premises, a storage facility or a guarded territory or seizes another’s property publicly from a person’s clothes, handbag or other carried item (pick-pocketing) or a vehicle
shall be punished by a fine or by arrest or by restriction of liberty or by imprisonment for a term of up to six years.

http://www.legislationline.org/download/action/download/id/4302/file/Lithuania_CC_am2010_en.pdf
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
K2 wrote:
He's since changed his name to Sophaur One.

Wow, I had to google this since I couldn't believe this was real.....

Yeah that was completely out of left field, thought he made The Onion somehow.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
K2 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
So instead of being on TV, the 2 younger Ball brothers will now be playing in Europe away from all the NBA scouts and familiar settings of the good ol' USA...thanks dad...

They're moving on up, the Prienų Arena seats a whopping 1,500 (ESPN says 1,700) which is larger than the 1,300 seat capacity Chino Hills High gym.

They'll be fine as long as they pass the ball to the coach's son B̶r̶y̶c̶e̶ ̶A̶l̶f̶o̶r̶d̶ Edvinas Seskus. [s] It's not like they're going to leave after 1 month like Brad Tinsley. [/s]

Some of you may remember Reeves Nelson who left UCLA early to compete in the Lithuanian Basketball League, he lasted for a little more than a month before he got released. He's since changed his name to Sophaur One.

yeah, this has success written all over it....as soon as I read the coaches son is the best player / star of the team....I assume this will not end well. Also read the team does not practice regularly because of financial struggles and openly admits they hope the publicity from the Ball's will help them financially.

Kids could have been playing in the arena John Wooden coached greatness in....around the country in front of 15-20K fans a night on ESPN with the Legend Bill Walton talking them up. Instead they will play in Middle School gyms in a former Soviet country with teammates that do not speak their language in a league that has been known to be hostile and resentful of Americans players.

Them SoCal boys going to love that Siberia lite climate.

I will not be surprised one day if the Ball brothers split from the father.

http://www.eurobasket.com/arena/prienai.jpg

Lavar Ball is trying to show his son that stealing isn’t right. But this punishment is excessive. Taking his son away from UCLA and sending him to Lithuania? Even China didn’t punish him this harshly.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject:

LaMelo, LiAngelo Ball agree to one-year deals with first-division Lithuanian team

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lamelo-liangelo-ball-agree-one-year-deals-first-division-lithuanian-team-224230655.html
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

I really don't get this move, over sticking around stateside and going to a lower tier D1 school if they really wanted development and playing time.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

Lavar or the agent must be paying to make this happen.

Anyway, this whole thing is starting to generate some weird vibes. It sounds like a cautionary movie that is going to end with gun shots and a bunch of corpses in the living room.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Part of it is this weird thing about treating them as a unit. They all need to go to UCLA, they all need to play for the Lakers, etc. So once the Dad pulled one of them from UCLA, he had to pull the other too.

Now they're playing in this tiny gym for a rinky-dink club in Lithuania. If they flame out here, I don't see where they go. Maybe the dad hires some ex college players and has them Barnstorm like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington generals
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Anyway, this whole thing is starting to generate some weird vibes. It sounds like a cautionary movie that is going to end with gun shots and a bunch of corpses in the living room.

I see it as them being a target now....they are the brothers of a rich NBA player in America.....you don't know what criminal enterprises are over there and daddy is just sending them over there for a year on their own.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Part of it is this weird thing about treating them as a unit. They all need to go to UCLA, they all need to play for the Lakers, etc. So once the Dad pulled one of them from UCLA, he had to pull the other too.

Now they're playing in this tiny gym for a rinky-dink club in Lithuania. If they flame out here, I don't see where they go. Maybe the dad hires some ex college players and has them Barnstorm like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington generals

I read on twitter on that aren't doing it for the money...well if it costs 5 euros to watch this team play, its obvious they might not even get paid....same thing they would experience in college basketball....its more of a matter of pride. UCLA hurt daddy's pride by suspending his son, so he took his Balls home.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I see it as them being a target now....they are the brothers of a rich NBA player in America.....you don't know what criminal enterprises are over there and daddy is just sending them over there for a year on their own.

Right. I don't think that this is going to end well.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Right. I don't think that this is going to end well.

From a to z, this looks bad. But the Balls strike me as the poor man's Kardashians -- their role in this incarnation is to be a trainwreck that imagines they are cool, classy and the envy of the world.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
What's the punishment for shoplifting in Lithuania?

Besides having to live there, looks like it's a fine or up to 6 years in prison.

Quote:

Article 178. Theft
1. A person who seizes another’s property
shall be punished by community service or by a fine or by restriction of liberty or by arrest or by imprisonment for a term of up to three years.
2. A person who openly seizes another’s property in an open manner or seizes another’s property by breaking into premises, a storage facility or a guarded territory or seizes another’s property publicly from a person’s clothes, handbag or other carried item (pick-pocketing) or a vehicle
shall be punished by a fine or by arrest or by restriction of liberty or by imprisonment for a term of up to six years.

http://www.legislationline.org/download/action/download/id/4302/file/Lithuania_CC_am2010_en.pdf

RIP LiAngelo.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LaMelo, LiAngelo Ball agree to one-year deals with first-division Lithuanian team

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lamelo-liangelo-ball-agree-one-year-deals-first-division-lithuanian-team-224230655.html

all the reporting is they actually will not get minutes with the 1st Division squad....but mostly play in the lower tier Baltic League.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Ball mania in Lithuania. I didn’t realize that it was a one month contract.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21749763/lamelo-liangelo-ball-already-creating-big-baller-mania-lithuania
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Nothing says Big Baller like playing a road game in Latvia.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject:

Someone linked this earlier in another thread;

https://sports.yahoo.com/ball-brothers-picked-worst-possible-place-says-american-played-lithuania-222233839.html

These guys are in for one culture shock.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: