Shams: Lakers Agree to 1 Yr Deal With Andrew Bogut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think KCP/Bogut/(trade for Brook + Kuz)/Lonzo/Hart/Bryant additions this summer pretty much beat out what we have done in the past.

I was a skeptic at first but i really now believe Magic/Pelinka are going to pull it off and get 2 of: LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie.

Even if (although I'm with you, we will sign 'somebody') somehow we ended up resigning KCP and Lopez/Bogut... and prob still has $ for another FA next summer, it's looking like a playoff squad on paper

Eh. That's another story for another day. If we traded off DLO to spend the cap on KCP/Brook, that's not a success at all.

Are you saying DLO is worth more than KCP and Brook? Maybe I'm not understanding your point.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

Given potential and contract status (2 rookie scale years and right of first refusal) DLO is worth more than KCP/Brook in a vacuum.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Given potential and contract status (2 rookie scale years and right of first refusal) DLO is worth more than KCP/Brook in a vacuum.

Does the rookie scale contract even matter this year, though, since it was a punt year and we didn't need the space? I don't think so. So we're really only talking about one summer where his bargain contract matters. And if we kept him and didn't get Brook/KCP, I think most would argue that our team would be weaker this season and who knows how that would impact marketability to prospective free agents next summer. There are too many variables to consider here, so I don't think it's fair one way or the other to judge the deal or its worth at this point. Gotta wait till next summer to see how it all turns out.

Also on a slightly related side note, based on the reports that Wiggins is signing a 5 year, $148M extension, does anyone know if the salary scale went up for that first deal after a 1st rounder's rookie contract ends? Nearly $30M a year sounds abnormally high, and goes against the argument for keeping Dlo since he was supposedly going to be on a relatively cost-controlled deal for at least 7 years.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Woj mentioned during a ESPN telecast that KCP deal with LA was in part because it gives them a better chance to get LeBron, he suggested that LeBron likes playing with 2-way players like KCP, that automatically makes me forget about the Russell trade.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm really digging Magic/Pelinka's moves this summer. I give them an A- so far, even if i didn't fully support the DLO trade. Really good additions that don't hurt the 2018 plan. Well done!

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Pacific Notes: Bogut, Walton, Ball, Ingram

Quote:
The one-year, $2.3MM contract Andrew Bogut signed with the Lakers is only guaranteed for $50K, tweets Bobby Marks of ESPN. Bogut and his agent spent the summer trying to convince teams there would be no lingering effects from the broken left tibia he suffered in March while with the Cavaliers. Other organizations expressed interest, but Bogut opted for the Lakers, even though the guarantee is extremely low for a veteran of his caliber.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/pacific-notes-bogut-walton-ball-ingram.html

If he really is healthy It wouldnt suprise me to see him get 20m a game. Between his needed defense, Lopez's own health issues and Luke he has a good chance to make an impact.

The more I learn about this guy the more I like the signing, assuming his game hasnt aged 10 years from his last injury.

So if he gets 20 mpg then Lopez is getting 12? Doesn't make sense.

If AB got 20m Lopez would get 28. But even 28m a game seems like a lot for BL so maybe 20m game for him too.

20 minutes for our best player?

Because of the injury risk. I would be willing to give him 24m maybe 28m but I want him healthy on the small chance we make the playoffs than we can increase his minutes.

Or we could have BL sit like every 5th game or so. Actually I like this Idea a little more it gives everyone more minutes per game while still protecting our players.

VLF: Having our centers play the center position for 40m a game seems fine to me. Besides not every team plays the same way. I want the best players on the court first and I lean towards small ball second.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

And yet the Russell trade can end up paying big dividends, LeBron likes 2-way players and if signing KCP gives us a chance to get LeBron, then I'm not sure why people are still whining about the Russell trade. if Russell was really valuable, LeBrons camp would have told the lakers to keep him but according to Woj, KCP and his ability to be a 2-way player makes LeBron more enticed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

The reality is, the Russell trade was a question mark, but after the dust settled, its looking like a genius move, there is a chance that KCPs agent is gonna help us land LeBron.
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

has anyone even thought about what bogut may be thinking ......? "i could have played with lebron last year if i didn't get hurt so since i have full knowledge that he is gonna be with Lakers next year this is my chance to play with him"
hmmm . this is just another obvious sign lebron is coming to our Lakers and we need a big in place since we are not re signing lopez to bring on 2-3 max contracts.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Hollywood $winger wrote:
has anyone even thought about what bogut may be thinking ......? "i could have played with lebron last year if i didn't get hurt so since i have full knowledge that he is gonna be with Lakers next year this is my chance to play with him"
hmmm . this is just another obvious sign lebron is coming to our Lakers and we need a big in place since we are not re signing lopez to bring on 2-3 max contracts.

Bogut signed a one year deal, it is likely he isn’t here next season
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Hollywood $winger wrote:

Actually, my curiosity is more immediate, maybe he's thinking "if I play with the Lakers, Lonzo's going to get me the ball in good spots and I'm going to look good on the FA market"

That's probably overthinking it. Still, I have a hard time believing he couldn't have got a fully guaranteed position somewhere. Maybe it is just simply playing in LA/for Luke? Though that doesn't seem like enough to potentially pass up on millions.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hollywood $winger wrote:

Bogut signed a one year deal, it is likely he isn’t here next season

He came here cause he is real close with Luke, there is a very good chance we bring him back, also Hollywood swinger bought up a awesome theory and it makes perfect sense, now if we get Wade, then LeBron to Lakers is official.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think KCP/Bogut/(trade for Brook + Kuz)/Lonzo/Hart/Bryant additions this summer pretty much beat out what we have done in the past.

I was a skeptic at first but i really now believe Magic/Pelinka are going to pull it off and get 2 of: LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie.

Even if (although I'm with you, we will sign 'somebody') somehow we ended up resigning KCP and Lopez/Bogut... and prob still has $ for another FA next summer, it's looking like a playoff squad on paper

Eh. That's another story for another day. If we traded off DLO to spend the cap on KCP/Brook, that's not a success at all.

Are you saying DLO is worth more than KCP and Brook? Maybe I'm not understanding your point.

KCP and Brook easily better than DLo
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't forget about Kuzma...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If that’s how we spend our 2 max cap it’s not. You sign the Lakers to a 3-4 year maybe playoffs (but not a sure thing) treadmill team. We didn’t trade a promising yet immature prospect for that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerBaker wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Who was likely available with the next pick?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

regardless I think we will get 2 max level players next year so if that’s the case it was worth it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If that’s how we spend our 2 max cap it’s not. You sign the Lakers to a 3-4 year maybe playoffs (but not a sure thing) treadmill team. We didn’t trade a promising yet immature prospect for that.

Y2001, Russell trade has been proven to be a good move, after I read someone mentioning about Russell's lazy attitude I already knew why we moved him, we have a better chance of winning titles then Brooklyn.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Woj mentioned during a ESPN telecast that KCP deal with LA was in part because it gives them a better chance to get LeBron, he suggested that LeBron likes playing with 2-way players like KCP, that automatically makes me forget about the Russell trade.

I was totally against the DLO trade... but those who supported the trade win out if the trade plays any role in putting the best player in the league in a Lakers uniform.

Outside of the DLO trade and drafting Ball... I felt the new front office were making really good things happen (rest of the draft picks, FA signings, etc).

After seeing Lonzo hold up and dominate the Summer League... not only does it look like I was 100% wrong about Ball... but it raises this new front office into one of the best front offices in the NBA in my opinion (considering what they had to work with and their opportunities in the draft).

I love bathing and eating crow for all the right reasons... that is... anything that made the Lakers a better team. Like I said before the draft, if Ball is wearing a Lakers uniform, I will immediately become one of his big fans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I was totally against the DLO trade... but those who supported the trade win out if the trade plays any role in putting the best player in the league in a Lakers uniform.

Outside of the DLO trade and drafting Ball... I felt the new front office were making really good things happen (rest of the draft picks, FA signings, etc).

After seeing Lonzo hold up and dominate the Summer League... not only does it look like I was 100% wrong about Ball... but it raises this new front office into one of the best front offices in the NBA in my opinion (considering what they had to work with and their opportunities in the draft).

I love bathing and eating crow for all the right reasons... that is... anything that made the Lakers a better team. Like I said before the draft, if Ball is wearing a Lakers uniform, I will immediately become one of his big fans.

Agreed 100%. Russell trade at first was a disaster now it's looking like we made a brilliant move.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerBaker wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup him too, I would take KCP by himself over DLo. KCP is more versatile
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We won't know that till after next season. Cause if they're gone, we don't sign a max, and D'lo balls out. Then that will be irrelevant.

In order to fully get to the point the D'lo trade no longer comes up as far as a negative sense, we have to make sure we make the necessary moves that don't end with us having nothing to show for it while he balls out in Brooklyn. Because if we fail in this upcoming free agency, then the trade will become a "what if" and a lesson on 'gambling your future' rather than sticking with the guaranteed contract and showing patience with your core like a team such as San Antonio or Golden State does. I'd rather we not become an example of what 'not' to do. But we won't know the full implications till the start of next season and seeing the roster we wind up having.

Till then we have this season to enjoy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
LakerBaker wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup him too, I would take KCP by himself over DLo. KCP is more versatile

You’re missing the big picture and the rationale for trading Dlo/Moz. If KCP and Brook Lopez were our FA goals in 2018 instead of lbj/WB/pg13 we could have likely signed them with a few cap moves.

If we get our 2 max level guys it’s all great to me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I’m 100% rooting for us to hopefully get lbj/pg13 or pg13/WB. We need that plan to finally come together. I have confidence some variation or that gets done.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
I'm just shocked that kobe_luver still hasn't made an Official Andrew Bogut thread

Your wish is my command!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: