Shams: Lakers Agree to 1 Yr Deal With Andrew Bogut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

I've had time to think about this signing and I think he will be a major piece of the team if healthy.

Having him and Lopez is like having two Rooks on the board.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I’m 100% rooting for us to hopefully get lbj/pg13 or pg13/WB. We need that plan to finally come together. I have confidence some variation or that gets done.

let us keep those fingers crossed....
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hollywood $winger wrote:
has anyone even thought about what bogut may be thinking ......? "i could have played with lebron last year if i didn't get hurt so since i have full knowledge that he is gonna be with Lakers next year this is my chance to play with him"
hmmm . this is just another obvious sign lebron is coming to our Lakers and we need a big in place since we are not re signing lopez to bring on 2-3 max contracts.

Bogut signed a one year deal, it is likely he isn’t here next season

Why? At this point in his career he doesn't seem like he's worth more than the vet min. They should have a chance to resign him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hollywood $winger wrote:
has anyone even thought about what bogut may be thinking ......? "i could have played with lebron last year if i didn't get hurt so since i have full knowledge that he is gonna be with Lakers next year this is my chance to play with him"
hmmm . this is just another obvious sign lebron is coming to our Lakers and we need a big in place since we are not re signing lopez to bring on 2-3 max contracts.

Bogut signed a one year deal, it is likely he isn’t here next season

Why? At this point in his career he doesn't seem like he's worth more than the vet min. They should have a chance to resign him.

Yeah. If we get 2 max players, he may stay as a ring chaser.

I'm encouraged by the KCP/Bogut signings that we are becoming a destination once again. Both players had other suitors but chose LA.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

realistically, the lakers suck and still get their coverage.

It's great for guys looking to increase their worth in a short amount of time.

The difference now is a front office team on the same page and ready to "run their mouths" about it to steer the narrative. This is a great sign as evidenced by the extremely optimistic.

Reality is FO has brought in win-win situations. Short contracts, good team guys to help our rookies and the hunger to do well to get a better contract asap and there's nothing wrong with any of it.

Bogut is a champion big that was a big part of a small ball team. Bogut is great for our entire roster; it wasn't just for zubac. To be honest i think his biggest influence will be on Lopez (reads/reactions) and that will benefit lonzo just the same to have a couple bigs running their position correctly from day1.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
realistically, the lakers suck and still get their coverage.

It's great for guys looking to increase their worth in a short amount of time.

The difference now is a front office team on the same page and ready to "run their mouths" about it to steer the narrative. This is a great sign as evidenced by the extremely optimistic.

Reality is FO has brought in win-win situations. Short contracts, good team guys to help our rookies and the hunger to do well to get a better contract asap and there's nothing wrong with any of it.

Bogut is a champion big that was a big part of a small ball team. Bogut is great for our entire roster; it wasn't just for zubac. To be honest i think his biggest influence will be on Lopez (reads/reactions) and that will benefit lonzo just the same to have a couple bigs running their position correctly from day1.

Night and day difference. We went from Sacre on the bench to Bogut.

We went from 4 year contracts with no team options to 1 year contracts or less with partial guarantees.

Too bad Jeanie could not oust Jimbo before the Mozdeng disasters. Jim was just such a horrible executive. Damn spoiled rich kid/adult with his torn jeans and mullet. So glad he is gone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

Jeanie could have but didn’t. She needed the reason to do so and was willing to let things get to that point.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jeanie could have but didn’t. She needed the reason to do so and was willing to let things get to that point.

I know VLF, everything happens for a reason bud! It is just sad that it took hubris on that level to get him fired. And I don't blame Mitch, he was just taking orders.

But the new FO has done a great job navigating around the bad contracts so far. I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for Deng!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

When we win a championship in 2019 will you still...nevermind.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

When we win a championship in 2019 will you still...nevermind.

I would still want the spoiled Buss kids nowhere near the Lakers.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I know VLF, everything happens for a reason bud! It is just sad that it took hubris on that level to get him fired. And I don't blame Mitch, he was just taking orders.

But the new FO has done a great job navigating around the bad contracts so far. I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for Deng!

Hubris is right. I wouldn't have minded Jim if he hired basketball minds to make the basketball decisions. He miscalculated his own abilities as an executive.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

They already updated the Lakers roster on 2k18 with Bogut on it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Hubris is right. I wouldn't have minded Jim if he hired basketball minds to make the basketball decisions. He miscalculated his own abilities as an executive.

The current regime hasn’t hired basketball people to make basketball decisions. Jim had Mitch who had brought 4 titles, now we have no one. They had their chances but haven’t pulled the trigger.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: