Anyone think there were Laker players posing as fans on LG before like KD?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Anyone think there were Laker players posing as fans on LG before like KD?

Wondering how prevalent this behavior is in the B-ball world...
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

I've seen family and friends of players hyping rookies. Haven't seen players trolling on here.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
I've seen family and friends of players hyping rookies. Haven't seen players trolling on here.

Which rookies?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

I remember back in the day, Brian Cook was asked if he checked out forums like LG and he said there were too many haters on here.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Slava didn't have much to work with in 2004. I swear if he had a decent supporting cast around him, the Pistons wouldn't be champions.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

Dave20?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

Way to take a random, off court, social media blunder and make it Lakers related so it would gain more attention on the forum main page. 😁😁😁 I should try that sometime! Haha.

Anyways, my answer is... probably?

Kobe and Magic...no. They speak their minds and probably could care less about negative comments.

The younger guys... maybe. But I would say most people would have a secret account for privacy and to keep up with friends and loved ones. The KD situation completely baffles me. He's a champion and reigning finals MVP. He probably has so much on his plate right now. Why would he care about some haters and where does he find the time to even worry about it?
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

So does this really confirm that KD is a snake despite KD's belief that leaving OKC was not a snake move?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

KD is insecure, he didn't have faith in him leading the Thunder to a title so he went to the Warriors to be carried to a title. His insecurities lead him to defend any criticism he gets instead of just letting go. Great player with little belief in himself. Now excuse me while I log on with my other account to agree with this post.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone think there were Laker players posing as fans on LG before like KD?

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Wondering how prevalent this behavior is in the B-ball world...

I suspect it's uncommon. The average player would probably get very bored very quick in this forum.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:

Ah but you'd only know if they got caught...

There was a poster here who hilariously got caught propping up his posts with another account a few years ago. I'm sure it happens more than you think.

Consider for a moment that over the years I've seen countless posters refuse to admit they were wrong about something, or be obsessed with feeling validated about their opinion. The people they're trying to receive validation from are strangers, and everyone is posting anonymously under a pseudonym. They're still compelled to cultivate and protect their reputation. It's easy to say "I don't care what people think" which is why everybody says it. It's more difficult to actually mean it, especially for famous people for which millions of people have an opinion about. The long and short of it is that for the most part the internet and social media is a cesspool. The same people who crapped all over Durant for leaving would have crapped on him for staying and losing. Had he won they would have crapped on him for needing Westbrook. Or for some other stupid reason. No player is ever going to get enough validation on these platforms to outweigh the bile that gets thrown their way which is why KD should get off social media altogether. It clearly bothers him. He's human.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KD is insecure, he didn't have faith in him leading the Thunder to a title so he went to the Warriors to be carried to a title. His insecurities lead him to defend any criticism he gets instead of just letting go. Great player with little belief in himself. Now excuse me while I log on with my other account to agree with this post.

😂😂😂
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing that, if the players themselves are not here, perhaps their formal or informal representatives are, trying to defend them, boost their case, spark interest in signing them, etc.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

😂😂😂

hmmm...
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

😂😂😂

hmmm...

I agree
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20?

I was just about to post that! Now to see if JC has a Wells Fargo account!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Not gonna lie, I'm really AC Green and I think Nance is the future.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Slava didn't have much to work with in 2004. I swear if he had a decent supporting cast around him, the Pistons wouldn't be champions.

I see what you did there
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Look at the earlier Official D'Angelo Russell thread. Look at the earlier pages, Jahlil Okafor was posting a lot on that thread.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

😂😂😂

hmmm...

Have you ever seen me and AFireInside619 in the same room together? Just saying
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

If I was a player, I would never even look at any social media.

Sports fans are crazy. We have a ton of negative takes on most of the players.

Come on we all know that no matter what you do or where you go, there is ALWAYS going to be at least one person who doesn't like you for one reason or another.

It is impossible for anyone to have unconditional support in anything they do. If you are lucky and fairly nice, your boss will like you and your wife/BF will like you. Even in a small group of close friends who really do like each other, when someone leaves the room, comments will be heard about their crazy behaviors and/or opinions.

It's par for the course, but ramp it up by about a Zillion percent and you have what a pro athlete has to deal with. I feel for them, but it is part of the territory and they know they just have to deal with it.

But why torture yourself, unless you can take it all as a joke and never respond.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't really care about any of the crap that fans talk about concerning KD. If he wanted to come to the Lakers, I would take him with open arms. If both he and Lebron both wanted to come right now and we could ONLY take one. I would take KD because he is younger.

He is a good player despite all his baggage.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

Wait, so ElginBaylor is not really Elgin Baylor????

My world is crushed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

I'm D'Angelo Russell.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

quiresultan was supposed to be his hidden instagram account. They make a good case why they think its him and KD was talking mad crap.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2017/9/18/16327672/kevin-durant-private-instagram-account-arguments-nba-warriors
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: