Anyone think there were Laker players posing as fans on LG before like KD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

LOL! that pro Clarkson guy was my first thought too. Would be hilarious if true. Clarkson posting that he can do this and that and fans telling him he's got tunnel vision
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Not gonna lie, I'm really AC Green and I think Nance is the future.

how you keep the fro so crispy my g

the streets need to know
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Way to take a random, off court, social media blunder and make it Lakers related so it would gain more attention on the forum main page. 😁😁😁 I should try that sometime! Haha.

Anyways, my answer is... probably?

Kobe and Magic...no. They speak their minds and probably could care less about negative comments.

The younger guys... maybe. But I would say most people would have a secret account for privacy and to keep up with friends and loved ones. The KD situation completely baffles me. He's a champion and reigning finals MVP. He probably has so much on his plate right now. Why would he care about some haters and where does he find the time to even worry about it?

You see a billionaire name trump thats also the president wilding out on twitter due to any negative coverage he receives. if you want to be technically . he has much better things to be doing then that. but yet he does it anyway.

KD aint no trump. but he's still a very rich, very famous, very accomplished in his profession..type of guy. and he still wants to get back at the haters. some people get obsessed with answering their critics.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KD is insecure, he didn't have faith in him leading the Thunder to a title so he went to the Warriors to be carried to a title. His insecurities lead him to defend any criticism he gets instead of just letting go. Great player with little belief in himself. Now excuse me while I log on with my other account to agree with this post.

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Dunno anything about what Durant said or is purported to have said. I'm generally wary about motive and authenticity when a POV expressed stirs some new controversy or pushes the agenda of a group's likely emotional hot button.

My daughter works for the Justice department in some unit having oversight for eCrime. What little she tells me about what they see in online social media is pretty thought-provocating, if not outright scary.

If I understand her correctly, they find elaborate groups of people with multiple ids arguing either side of carefully constructed "almost choreographed" sets of online debates, heavily sided towards one pot-stirring POV. It can be about businesses, candidates, political scandal, rumor, etc. The goal is apparently to raise the issue to a boiling point in some manner. to influence an outcome. It's the group part of it that surprised me a little. It's not just political parties or "action committees" doing it, it's even small bands of folks who want to punish someone or shred some POV.

I reckon anyone here could be anyone. Take whatever you read at any sports site (the subject of our thread) and apply some measure of personal doubt for authenticity.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I remember the wife of a scrub posted here a few years ago. Forgot the player. She was checking us out after we had acquired him. Don't remember if it was a trade/signing/draft.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
defense wrote:

the streets need to know

No sex and pink oil moisturizer

get yo mind right
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KD is insecure, he didn't have faith in him leading the Thunder to a title so he went to the Warriors to be carried to a title. His insecurities lead him to defend any criticism he gets instead of just letting go. Great player with little belief in himself. Now excuse me while I log on with my other account to agree with this post.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Well said VLF
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
defense wrote:

the streets need to know

No sex and pink oil moisturizer

get yo mind right

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I remember the wife of a scrub posted here a few years ago. Forgot the player. She was checking us out after we had acquired him. Don't remember if it was a trade/signing/draft.

Yeah, I remember that. Was it Tony Bobbitt? That would have been 2004-05 the first season after Shaq was traded.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I can confirm that it is not rare for players, members of the lakers organization and, of course, members of the media to come here. I've heard rumors of certain players/lakers employees' actually posting here too, but I'd rather not say and can't confirm based on first hand knowledge.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I can confirm that it is not rare for players, members of the lakers organization and, of course, members of the media to come here. I've heard rumors of certain players/lakers employees' actually posting here too, but I'd rather not say and can't confirm based on first hand knowledge.

I know first hand of certain message boards run by friends who were threatened by owners because of perceived negativity in discussing the organization(s). Imo you are always bound to get some negative criticism on message boards, just the nature of it.

But yeah players, coaches and other members of professional sports organizations do peek around and sometimes get in the nasty back and forth.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Ah but you'd only know if they got caught...

There was a poster here who hilariously got caught propping up his posts with another account a few years ago. I'm sure it happens more than you think.

That was the infamous Spurs poster "Man In Black" and I was actually the one that caught him using his second account to prop himself.

That cooled his jets significantly, after that he went back to SpursTalk which of course isn't full of rocket scientists and he fits in better there.

As far as Durant, honestly the more he shows his "personality" the less I like him myself.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Look no further than Rick1232131231312313311
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
LOL! that pro Clarkson guy was my first thought too. Would be hilarious if true. Clarkson posting that he can do this and that and fans telling him he's got tunnel vision

nah, JC is not as high on JC as Dave was....
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't know I think MJST could be Randle's brother or something

Dave20 was definitely Clarkson's mom
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I honestly thought Deuces and Chase were the same poster
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I'm D'Angelo Russell.

I knew it!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

nah, JC is not as high on JC as Dave was....

OMFG!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
If I was a player, I would never even look at any social media.

Sports fans are crazy. We have a ton of negative takes on most of the players.

Come on we all know that no matter what you do or where you go, there is ALWAYS going to be at least one person who doesn't like you for one reason or another.

It is impossible for anyone to have unconditional support in anything they do. If you are lucky and fairly nice, your boss will like you and your wife/BF will like you. Even in a small group of close friends who really do like each other, when someone leaves the room, comments will be heard about their crazy behaviors and/or opinions.

It's par for the course, but ramp it up by about a Zillion percent and you have what a pro athlete has to deal with. I feel for them, but it is part of the territory and they know they just have to deal with it.

But why torture yourself, unless you can take it all as a joke and never respond.

/End Thread
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Are any of you guys here Kobe or Magic?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Are any of you guys here Kobe or Magic?

I'd put money on IG being Magic
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Ramona Shelbourn said on the radio today that she's pretty sure there are tons of NBA players that do it. John Ireland agreed and seemed to be holding back not to out anyone but they mentioned that they wouldn't be surprised that almost every top player does it. Either by having an entourage member do it or actually doing it themselves.

I only know a handful of people that are notable enough for people to talk about them on forums and all of them at least check it out. I don't know any of them to actually post as other people to defend themselves but I've been sent threads that made them angry and I've gone online to defend them since they're my friends. I wasn't asked to defend them but naturally I would.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I seem to remember MWP's brother Dan posted on here during the whole Dwight Howard FA fiasco giving out tiny snippets of inside info.

Whether or not that was real or a gimmick account I don't know.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Only god knows how many hologram accounts there have been, but there was once a guy in one of the two cringetastic Jeremy Lin megathreads who claimed that he could feel Jeremy Lin's essence and sense his injuries because they shared the same body. It was one of the most bizarre shows of autistic tack I've ever seen on any discussion board. This aspect of Lin's legion of infantile bball forum gypsies was the sole good thing to come about online via Jeremy's unremarkable stint as a Laker.

I cannot imagine what dysfunctional oddity has been born by other team forums thanks to Lintroverts, those soulless locusts.

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: