OFFICIAL ANDREW BOGUT THREAD!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10784
Location: LA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL ANDREW BOGUT THREAD!!

Someone kindly missed my starting the Official Andrew Bogut thread....so here it is!!

I hope he stays healthy and we are able to keep him after this year. Another great move by the FO!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 13136

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Does Andrew Bogut still hate Kobe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12338
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Bogut is a big upgrade defensively, I have a feeling he's gonna help us get wins.

Welcome to LA!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DangeRuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 903

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Bogut is meh at this point. If he plays a hard 5-10 mins a game and teaches the youngins a thing or two, I'd be happy. Decent vet depth.
_________________
Top 3: 1.Jackson 2.Ball 3.Isaac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1774

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

In 2016 Andrew was one of the best defenders in the game. If he comes back in prime or near prime form he could be the steal of the offseason.

His cap is nothing and could re-sign with us.

This is my favorite move all free agency to pickup a guy who could explode with us on the cheap this is the type of move that gets you in the playoffs

I want to see:
Lopez & AB
vs
DMC & Davis
_________________
Starting Lineup:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 4587

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
In 2016 Andrew was one of the best defenders in the game. If he comes back in prime or near prime form he could be the steal of the offseason.

His cap is nothing and could re-sign with us.

This is my favorite move all free agency to pickup a guy who could explode with us on the cheap this is the type of move that gets you in the playoffs


Magic and Rob have made a clear point to bing in defensively intense guys to help set the tone. Bogut probably won't pay a whole bunch but he's going to rub off on the rest of the fellas daily-- which is great considering defense, toughness, hard screens, experience in the system, mean streak, etc are all things we lack.

Bogut and KCP are going to set a certain tone for us that we haven't really has in some time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1774

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
In 2016 Andrew was one of the best defenders in the game. If he comes back in prime or near prime form he could be the steal of the offseason.

His cap is nothing and could re-sign with us.

This is my favorite move all free agency to pickup a guy who could explode with us on the cheap this is the type of move that gets you in the playoffs


Magic and Rob have made a clear point to bing in defensively intense guys to help set the tone. Bogut probably won't pay a whole bunch but he's going to rub off on the rest of the fellas daily-- which is great considering defense, toughness, hard screens, experience in the system, mean streak, etc are all things we lack.

Bogut and KCP are going to set a certain tone for us that we haven't really had in some time.



I can't wait to see these two guys play together. I would like to see Bogut play along side Lopez against big teams
_________________
Starting Lineup:


Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1774

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

AB was rated the number 1 (5.45) drpm player in the 2015/2016 season. Bogut understands Luke's system and I predict he will crave out a major role on this team.

Imo if healthy he's our best player
_________________
Starting Lineup:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 15216
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the Lakers Mr. Bogut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28791
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of bogut. He used to be a laker hater. No reason that suddenly changes

He's a merc. plain and simple
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1774

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Not a fan of bogut. He used to be a laker hater. No reason that suddenly changes

He's a merc. plain and simple


It doesnt matter if once hated the lakers, he chose us over other teams to play with his coach.
_________________
Starting Lineup:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121608
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Bogut is meh at this point. If he plays a hard 5-10 mins a game and teaches the youngins a thing or two, I'd be happy. Decent vet depth.


Hes a good insurance policy at a good price
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12338
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Bogut is meh at this point. If he plays a hard 5-10 mins a game and teaches the youngins a thing or two, I'd be happy. Decent vet depth.


Hes a good insurance policy at a good price


1 can argue he's better then most Cs who are getting paid more.

I much rather have Bogut over Moz/Cole Aldrich/ and other mid tier centers....

If people aren't excited about the move then I don't know what to tell you, we got a potential impact player if he stays healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121608
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
In 2016 Andrew was one of the best defenders in the game.


Wow
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1774

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/JPl7xW1sOOM

Andrew Bogut, 2016 nba playoffs highlights
_________________
Starting Lineup:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2887

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
https://youtu.be/JPl7xW1sOOM

Andrew Bogut, 2016 nba playoffs highlights


In the words of the great Dick Enberg "oh my!". The best part of those highlights is the fact that they're recent, not four or five seasons ago. Those highlights reminded why he was the No.1 pick overall in his draft.

He adds one other dimension that I'm absolutely thrilled to see, and that is the fact that he has a very, very high bballiq. It's these type of guys that will gel with Ball & the crew much quicker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10784
Location: LA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Bogut is meh at this point. If he plays a hard 5-10 mins a game and teaches the youngins a thing or two, I'd be happy. Decent vet depth.


Hes a good insurance policy at a good price


I'm glad you approve....I'm serious (not being sarcastic).

Great potential....low or no risk!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 1072

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

This is a good get. I don't mind it at all, it's insurance for Lopez, it seems. Hopefully, Lopez is good and healthy though. But, a backup big of his calber is great. Though, I wonder if we might trade someone in deadline. Cause we have way too many front court players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

TBryant and Zulander are G League fodder for now....the vet centers the Lakers have compliment each other splendidly with Bogut's D and Brook's O.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 24792

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
TBryant and Zulander are G League fodder for now....the vet centers the Lakers have compliment each other splendidly with Bogut's D and Brook's O.


Bogut is sir hurt a lot so hopefully they stay ready
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 8449
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

It was nice to see three or four game clips (on TV - when the trade was announced) of Bogut in action scoring and rebounding, with Mozgoof standing next to him doing NOTHING! Just watching, not putting an arm up, not playing a lick of defense, just waiting to see what would happen...

I am SO glad he is gone...!
_________________
BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Posts: 917
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

If Bogut can give us at least half on what he did in 2015. We have a really nice backup. Spot minutes is ideal for him.
_________________
I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10784
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
It was nice to see three or four game clips (on TV - when the trade was announced) of Bogut in action scoring and rebounding, with Mozgoof standing next to him doing NOTHING! Just watching, not putting an arm up, not playing a lick of defense, just waiting to see what would happen...

I am SO glad he is gone...!


I would've loved to see that clip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 905

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

What up big boy, now go out there and break a leg...ugh nvm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 9689

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
https://youtu.be/JPl7xW1sOOM

Andrew Bogut, 2016 nba playoffs highlights


Impressive. His timing on those blocks and on the roll is still perfect. Nice hands too, should come in handy for those lobs from Lonzo. I'm just happy to have NBA caliber players filling out the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB