NBA Coast To Coast Trade Rumors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: NBA Coast To Coast Trade Rumors

All they said was that Kenyon & Watson are on the block and that New York & Portland are talking Theo & Patterson for Penny, but does not seem likely. No Laker news as always.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: NBA Coast To Coast Trade Rumors

rock0100 wrote:
All they said was that Kenyon & Watson are on the block and that New York & Portland are talking Theo & Patterson for Penny, but does not seem likely. No Laker news as always.

It's better that way.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

i read on ben maller that jamal crawford is being discussed in trade rumors. what you think about him?
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Crawford would probably be the 2nd best scorer on this team, but we have nothing to offer since NY isn't interested in expiring Ks and Crawford is not worth Bynum & Odom.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Crawford would probably be the 2nd best scorer on this team, but we have nothing to offer since NY isn't interested in expiring Ks and Crawford is not worth Bynum & Odom.

you don't think they'd be interested in anyone else we got?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Knicks Going After Francis Hard
14th February, 2006 - 9:23 pm
Chris Sheridan/ESPN - Steve Francis is being strongly sought by the desperate New York Knicks , who want to pair him in the backcourt with Stephon Marbury in a bid to save their season.

Two sources involved in the Francis trade discussions told ESPN.com on Tuesday that New York is actively pursuing Francis, who is being shopped full throttle by the Orlando Magic .

The Denver Nuggets remain in the hunt for Francis, but they are not the leading option as they were a few days ago. The Minnesota Timberwolves also were trying to stay in the mix, looking for a third team to take on players Orlando is not interested in.

New York was believed to be offering Penny Hardaway, Jamal Crawford and at least one other player, likely Trevor Ariza, David Lee or Nate Robinson, in a deal in which the Knicks would also take back center Kelvin Cato, whose $8.64 million salary comes off the cap at the end of the season.

Cato would have to be included along with Francis ($13.7 million) to provide a match for the salaries of Hardaway ($15.75 million), Crawford ($6.5 million) and the third player, be it Robinson ($1.2 million), Lee (860,000) and/or Ariza $640,000). [READ]
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Would this Francis to NY deal help or hurt our team? Would Denver still be interested in dumping Kenyon if they cannot get Francis?
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Would this Francis to NY deal help or hurt our team? Would Denver still be interested in dumping Kenyon if they cannot get Francis?

If the Francis to the Knicks deal goes through...then those are the two main teams that are being rumored in picking up K-mart...and that might make us jump up in the odds
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

kenyon and watson would be good for this team.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

No...they'd be great...although as many will argue, Kenyon is toxic (contract)
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

Un FREAKINbelievable.

Let me guess. Are you one of those who hates Odom and his contract???

Kenyon is an injury prone undersized PF who has averaged 15 and 7.5 for his career and this year is at 14 and 7. AND he is basically making the same (half mil less) than Odom except he is signed through 2011!!! And will be making $16.5 then when he is 34 years old. Do you realize he scores the same as Odom but pulls in fewer rebounds, is not a good passer, and can no longer defend the bigger PFs with his bad knees???

Think Brian Grant who is completely washed up at 33 and is still pulling in $14.5 from us.

And WATSON??? We are all STILL waiting for his "breakout season" even though he is 26 years old (same as Odom and 2 years older than Smush) and has never even come close to putting together as good a year as Smush is this year. Yet he is signed through 2010 for $29 million.

Seriously people. Why in the hell would you all want to throw away the next 5 years and Kobe entire prime for a couple of players who are suspect at best!!??!!!

I thank GOD that Mitch and the Buss family are not as trigger happy as so many of our so-called fans want them to be.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

Un FREAKINbelievable.

Kenyon is an injury prone undersized PF who has averaged 15 and 7.5 for his career and this year is at 14 and 7. AND he is basically making the same (half mil less) than Odom except he is signed through 2011!!! And will be making $16.5 then when he is 34 years old. Do you realize he scores the same as Odom but pulls in fewer rebounds, is not a good passer, and can no longer defend the bigger PFs with his bad knees???

Think Brian Grant who is completely washed up at 33 and is still pulling in $14.5 from us.

And WATSON??? We are all STILL waiting for his "breakout season" even though he is 26 years old (same as Odom and 2 years older than Smush) and has never even come close to putting together as good a year as Smush is this year. Yet he is signed through 2010 for $29 million.

Seriously people. Why in the hell would you all want to throw away the next 5 years and Kobe entire prime for a couple of players who are suspect at best!!??!!!

I thank GOD that Mitch and the Buss family are not as trigger happy as so many of our so-called fans want them to be.

Well, I realize that their contracts are terrible, thats why I am iffy on the trade possibility. But you are insane if you think they wouldn't improve this team, Kenyon>>>>>Kwame Watson>>>>>Smush...but you are 100% right about their contracts, which is the big concern. By the way, Kenyon is still an above average defender
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

Un FREAKINbelievable.

Well, I realize that their contracts are terrible, thats why I am iffy on the trade possibility. But you are insane if you think they wouldn't improve this team, Kenyon>>>>>Kwame Watson>>>>>Smush...but you are 100% right about their contracts, which is the big concern. By the way, Kenyon is still an above average defender

Does this trade make us a championship contender? That is all that matters when evaluating it because it WILL screw us in about 2 years. SO you are basically betting our future that those two players will put us into the finals. Keep in mind that Watson is STILL a question mark despite the whinning and crying in LG when we didn't land him. Smush is having a far better year than Watson has EVER had in FIVE NBA seasons. SO don't automatically give us that crap Watson >>> Smush when you obviously have not bothered to see what he has done so far in his career. And Kenyon is no longer the above average defender he once was. He absolutely cannot keep up with the West's PFs now.

Do you REALLY want to make that bet????

Far better to wait and see how our own talent develops over the next two years. If Bynum is the real deal then we will know what we need to get back the title that is rightfully ours. AND we do it without running the risk of becoming the Knicks west.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

News flash...we are the knicks west, except out superstar is better than theres
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

You like to use caps a lot...and it doesn't do anything. Your point is well received, however overexaggerated it was. But that does not discredit the fact that we know not how Bynum will turn out. And just so you know, if Bynum turns out great, like we all think, then I believe a Bynum, K-mart, Lamar, Kobe, Watson teams can make a run at a championship
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

that said...id rather see us get Duhon over both of those guys. I think he would be a perfect PG next to kobe
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Just say NO to Kenyon! Please keep this punk idiot off of the Lakers.

I pray the Knicks get Francis - it would just be absolute comedy. You didn't think the Knicks could be more of a mess? Imagine Larry dealing with both Francis and Marbury as they fight each other for the right to dribble for 20 seconds and throw up a shot.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
Does this trade make us a championship contender?

No.

Quote:
That is all that matters when evaluating

No. Does the trade make the team better? That is the only important consideration. Not every move needs to be a blockbuster. Kmart and Watson are better than Kwame and Smush. So you upgrade 2 positions.

Quote:
it because it WILL screw us in about 2 years.

Last I checked we were going to be screwed in 2 years anyway. That's what happens when you neglect to add talent for years.

Quote:
SO you are basically betting our future that those two players will put us into the finals.

Ummm, how is it betting the future? I don't get that. You can, in fact, improve the team without substantial cap room if you have a good GM. The 2007 plan was betting the future on a pipe dream. So pick your poison.

Quote:
Keep in mind that Watson is STILL a question mark despite the whinning and crying in LG when we didn't land him.

What question mark? He's one of the better defenders at the 1 in the league.

Quote:
Smush is having a far better year than Watson has EVER had in FIVE NBA seasons.

Oh, you must be one of those offense only guys. Have you actually seen Smush play any defense in about 2 months? Smush is averaging 4 more points. Assists, FG% are around the same ball park. Smush gets more steals because he plays defense with his hands and not his feet. Worst case, Watson is better than Sasha. Of course, in reality Watson is better than Smush in every department where it matters (you know defense, decision making).

Quote:
SO don't automatically give us that crap Watson >>> Smush when you obviously have not bothered to see what he has done so far in his career.

He's played better defense and he's a better point guard. Period. This isn't a debatable topic in any shape, way or form. Smush is not a good point guard. He's a combo guard who plays lazy defense.

Quote:
And Kenyon is no longer the above average defender he once was. He absolutely cannot keep up with the West's PFs now.

Hmm, Dirk only scored 19 to Kenyon's 34.
Brand, 6-16, 17 and 8 (yep he went off the game before for 33 and 10 on KMart).
Duncan 14 and 11.
Bosh 18 and 7 on 6-14 (Kmart 25 and 10).
KG abused him, 14-17, 31/15/6.
Randolph 18 and 9 (9-21) vs. 21 and 7 for Kmart (10-17).

Those are the main PFs he faced in the last month or so.

Not bad really.

Quote:

Sure. He hung with Bosh, Dirk, Duncan, Randolph. One good game against Brand, one bad. KG killed him. I'll take it, especially if its for ending Ks.

Quote:
Far better to wait and see how our own talent develops over the next two years.

We don't have talent. No point in waiting.

Quote:
If Bynum is the real deal then we will know what we need to get back the title that is rightfully ours.

We'd still have what was rightfully ours if we had a decent GM.

Quote:
AND we do it without running the risk of becoming the Knicks west.

We're already there. I mean .500 for the Lakers is like .300 for the Knicks.

Oh you mean by having bad contracts....like, oh, Odom, Brian Grant, and Kwame? What is that, $36 million a year? Kenyon and Watson are like two more drops in the bucket.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
insidepresence wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

Un FREAKINbelievable.

Does this trade make us a championship contender? That is all that matters when evaluating it because it WILL screw us in about 2 years. SO you are basically betting our future that those two players will put us into the finals. Keep in mind that Watson is STILL a question mark despite the whinning and crying in LG when we didn't land him. Smush is having a far better year than Watson has EVER had in FIVE NBA seasons. SO don't automatically give us that crap Watson >>> Smush when you obviously have not bothered to see what he has done so far in his career. And Kenyon is no longer the above average defender he once was. He absolutely cannot keep up with the West's PFs now.

Far better to wait and see how our own talent develops over the next two years. If Bynum is the real deal then we will know what we need to get back the title that is rightfully ours. AND we do it without running the risk of becoming the Knicks west.

Are we a contendor now? Will we be one next year? You are right that this trade will hurt our cap space but to discount trades that can make us better is not a way to take us to next level.

Bynum will not be in the package. If he is the real deal (and that is a big "IF"), than what difference does it make if this trade goes forward.

The bottom line is that there are no absolutes and guarantees in this sport. You're probably right that k martin/watson will not take us to a championship but will they help our team in the short run. I think so. Will we at least get out of the first round. I think so.

Kobe needs a solid supporting cast.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: NBA Coast To Coast Trade Rumors

magic_bryant wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

It's better that way.

Yea because in the past seven years when there was no Laker news at the deadline, it was a good thing :roll:
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

No.

Quote:

No. Does the trade make the team better? That is the only important consideration. Not every move needs to be a blockbuster. Kmart and Watson are better than Kwame and Smush. So you upgrade 2 positions.

Quote:

Last I checked we were going to be screwed in 2 years anyway. That's what happens when you neglect to add talent for years.

Quote:
SO you are basically betting our future that those two players will put us into the finals.

Ummm, how is it betting the future? I don't get that. You can, in fact, improve the team without substantial cap room if you have a good GM. The 2007 plan was betting the future on a pipe dream. So pick your poison.

Quote:
Keep in mind that Watson is STILL a question mark despite the whinning and crying in LG when we didn't land him.

Quote:

Oh, you must be one of those offense only guys. Have you actually seen Smush play any defense in about 2 months? Smush is averaging 4 more points. Assists, FG% are around the same ball park. Smush gets more steals because he plays defense with his hands and not his feet. Worst case, Watson is better than Sasha. Of course, in reality Watson is better than Smush in every department where it matters (you know defense, decision making).

Quote:
SO don't automatically give us that crap Watson >>> Smush when you obviously have not bothered to see what he has done so far in his career.

He's played better defense and he's a better point guard. Period. This isn't a debatable topic in any shape, way or form. Smush is not a good point guard. He's a combo guard who plays lazy defense.

Quote:
And Kenyon is no longer the above average defender he once was. He absolutely cannot keep up with the West's PFs now.

Duncan 14 and 11.

Not bad really.

Quote:

Sure. He hung with Bosh, Dirk, Duncan, Randolph. One good game against Brand, one bad. KG killed him. I'll take it, especially if its for ending Ks.

Quote:

Quote:
If Bynum is the real deal then we will know what we need to get back the title that is rightfully ours.

Quote:

Oh you mean by having bad contracts....like, oh, Odom, Brian Grant, and Kwame? What is that, $36 million a year? Kenyon and Watson are like two more drops in the bucket.

I think I agreed with everything you said...

anything to improve this team. We need to do what needs to be done...how are people willing to sit on this crappy team for pipe? Honestly..its going to take missing the playoffs again for people to wake up..mitch included..
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:
Yea because in the past seven years when there was no Laker news at the deadline, it was a good thing

You know whats a good thing? when you think a trade is done then you find out it's not ( see last-year ).

Sometimes the brightest words can cause havic,

if the Lakers leak something on a player there after, other teams will do anything to get that player.

WHY?

1. they know they can beat that offer

2. they don't want the Lakers to get better just like any other GM would want.
teej
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

No.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Duncan 14 and 11.

Not bad really.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

owned

shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject:

RG73 good job.

I'd like to add though, according to the rumor that we're hearing with the Kenyon Martin trade, we're getting two NBA players, good or average depending on whom you ask, for crap.

Even in the extremely false scenario where these two players, Watson and Martin, were worse than the starters we have at those positions, they are at least better than our bench players.

How is that not a good thing?

So let me get this straight with some of these homers... according to you guys:

Odom- good
Odom's decision making- good
Kupchak- good
Mitch's draft picks, including Rush, Cook, Sasha and Luke- good
Aaron McKie and Vlade for MLE- good
2007 plan- good

And yet...

Artest for Odom- bad
Kenyon Martin and Watson for crap- bad
Constructive cricism on the team- bad

Very puzzling.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
RG73 good job.

must

Quote:
you

encourage

Quote:
the

man?

Quote:
<sigh>
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: