NBA Coast To Coast Trade Rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject:

In 3 games this year against the Spurs (and Duncan), KMart scored 42 points and had 21 rebounds. Duncan scored 58 points and had 33 rebounds in the same 3 games.

On a per game basis, KMart gave up 5 points and 4 rebounds per game to Duncan. While that seems like a lot, you have to ask yourself some questions "Do the Lakers have anyone on the roster than can keep Duncan that close? How many players are there in the league can do much better?"
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Crawford would probably be the 2nd best scorer on this team, but we have nothing to offer since NY isn't interested in expiring Ks and Crawford is not worth Bynum & Odom.

Crawford has a toxic contract and Larry Brown would love to dump him.

The problem is that NY is the only team who doesn't care of expiring contracts...
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Crawford would probably be the 2nd best scorer on this team, but we have nothing to offer since NY isn't interested in expiring Ks and Crawford is not worth Bynum & Odom.

you don't think they'd be interested in anyone else we got?

If they at all care about defense - and I KNOW Larry Brown sure as heck does - they might consider Devean George, which would also free them from Crawford's contract (how long does it run for, anyway?). Question is what's Crawford's size? I don't think Phil would approve that deal if Crawford is too small.

the only thing is that Devean really is our best perimeter defender outside of Kobe, and is big enough to truly harrass the Carmelo's of the league - who we may well face in the playoffs. We HAVE to be aware of that. Still, I like Crawford as a fit for the triangle.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Personally, I'd like to do a simple Slava/McKie for Patterson swap, or Devean for Ruben swap. Patterson gives us solid defense, aggressive offense, he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective and do what he does. Plus he'd be ecstatic to be here.

Simple, non-complicated, solid move that gives us depth and punch. We don't give away anything key and we do address the scoring and defense we need.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
kenyon and watson would be good for this team.

Un FREAKINbelievable.

Let me guess. Are you one of those who hates Odom and his contract???

Kenyon is an injury prone undersized PF who has averaged 15 and 7.5 for his career and this year is at 14 and 7. AND he is basically making the same (half mil less) than Odom except he is signed through 2011!!! And will be making $16.5 then when he is 34 years old. Do you realize he scores the same as Odom but pulls in fewer rebounds, is not a good passer, and can no longer defend the bigger PFs with his bad knees???

Think Brian Grant who is completely washed up at 33 and is still pulling in $14.5 from us.

And WATSON??? We are all STILL waiting for his "breakout season" even though he is 26 years old (same as Odom and 2 years older than Smush) and has never even come close to putting together as good a year as Smush is this year. Yet he is signed through 2010 for $29 million.

Seriously people. Why in the hell would you all want to throw away the next 5 years and Kobe entire prime for a couple of players who are suspect at best!!??!!!

I thank GOD that Mitch and the Buss family are not as trigger happy as so many of our so-called fans want them to be.

Well, I realize that their contracts are terrible, thats why I am iffy on the trade possibility. But you are insane if you think they wouldn't improve this team, Kenyon>>>>>Kwame Watson>>>>>Smush...but you are 100% right about their contracts, which is the big concern. By the way, Kenyon is still an above average defender

Above average defender? Then Odom must f-ing the best defender on the planet because Lamar takes it to Kenyon on offense with ease, yet definitely defends Kenyon effectively on defense big time. Kenyon is not a better player than Odom and we get far more out of Lamar than what Kenyon brings, other than screaming everytime he dunks. This isn't the Nets version of K-Mart, people.

As for Earl, I do like his steady hand on defense but let's not exaggerate here. It isn't Watson >>>>>>Smush. That's silly. It's Watson>Smush on defense and Smush>Watson on offense. Neither is overly better than the other. At the end of the day, they are both BACK UP point guards and Watson ain't worth the 29 million he's being paid. If we wanted to pay him that much, WE would have offered it in the first place.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

Jam, I wasn't suggesting Lamar for Kenyon, in fact, I wasn't suggesting anyone. I was just thinking out loud I guess. I in no way would give up Lamar for Kenyon. Also, I didn't mean Watson was way better than smush, I just meant he was better. I agree with most of your take though. I just feel Kenyon can bring more to this team than Kwame
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: