Artest 27/14 boards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Rock, That line-up you suggested can be had without moving bynum...maybe you've been totally under a rock, but the latest rumor (take with a grain of salt, nobody knows whats going on) is that we could possibly get K-mart for expirings...I'm just relaying speculation from others...I am no insider
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

LA4Life wrote:
Get over it man, Laker management doesn't have the balls to take risks in return for a better team that's why we are stuck with a junior varsity team + 1 superstar.

Bandwagon much?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

General NBA forum. Artest isn't a Laker and probably never will be.

rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Rock, That line-up you suggested can be had without moving bynum...maybe you've been totally under a rock, but the latest rumor (take with a grain of salt, nobody knows whats going on) is that we could possibly get K-mart for expirings...I'm just relaying speculation from others...I am no insider

You are right, I forget to throw in Artest into that lineup. My Bad. Now that I look at it, where would he fit?
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

OT: Anybody hear Artests latest comments about being left off the Olympic Team?
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LA4Life wrote:
Get over it man, Laker management doesn't have the balls to take risks in return for a better team that's why we are stuck with a junior varsity team + 1 superstar.

Bandwagon much?

Nah, it's just the truth. This team won't be any better through 2 years of rebuilding (barring a big deadline deal next week) than they were on day 1 of their rebuilding project (i.e. July 04 trade of Shaq). That, my misguided homer, is sad.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

so are KG, TD, and a bunch of others...who cares?
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I've got it.

Watson
Kobe
Artest
Odom
KMart

It would be a slightly smaller but yet a more defensive version of the Phoenix Suns.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Lmao at KA_2 calling wolfpaclaker a homer...dude, I could be called a homer and no one would dispute you, there are many here that I wouldn't dispute you about. But wolf...no way is that guy a homer
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LA4Life wrote:

Bandwagon much?

Nah, it's just the truth. This team won't be any better through 2 years of rebuilding (barring a big deadline deal next week) than they were on day 1 of their rebuilding project (i.e. July 04 trade of Shaq). That, my misguided homer, is sad.

Well I rather be a homer than a pathetic excuse for a fan that craps over the team that has given their fans the most championships over any other NBA team since the Buss era.

Call me a homer - But I have good reason to believe in Buss.

I will take his vision and decision making over your's any day of the week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

And that post ^^^ is exactly why he isn't a homer
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LA4Life wrote:

come on, be fair. this squad is at least sr varsity with one superstar.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

rock, I don't know about K-mart at center bro. That would present serious problems on defense
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Artest: 18.9ppg/5.0rpg/2.7apg/2.64spg/0.64bpg.
Lamar: 13.9ppg/9.3rpg/5.4apg/0.94spg/0.90bpg.

Yup, we shouldn't have traded LO for this bum, with his shorter and smaller contract and his lockdown defense. Duh people!

:roll:
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
rock, I don't know about K-mart at center bro. That would present serious problems on defense

I am sure against the better bigmen in the league, but shouldn't those guys be getting double teams to begin with?
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
Artest: 18.9ppg/5.0rpg/2.7apg/2.64spg/0.64bpg.
Lamar: 13.9ppg/9.3rpg/5.4apg/0.94spg/0.90bpg.

Yup, we shouldn't have traded LO for this bum, with his shorter and smaller contract and his lockdown defense. Duh people!

:roll:

Roll your eyes all you wan't, Artest would not have resigned with us...so you would rather rent Artest for two years (and during those two years have no chance at a championship) than let LO, Kobe and Bynum grow together as a team. It's not about right now...btw Artest has never been on a team with a personality like Kobe, who knows how they would mesh
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Well I rather be a homer than a pathetic excuse for a fan that craps over the team that has given their fans the most championships over any other NBA team since the Buss era.

I've been a Laker fan longer than you kid, let's not get into who appreciates the Lakers' 9 titles in LA more.

Face it, I'm calling a spade a spade and you're, well, not.

Quote:
Call me a homer

You are a homer.

Quote:
- But I have good reason to believe in Buss.

No you don't. What has Buss accomplished since Jerry West left the Los Angeles Lakers. I'll give you a hint; not a (bleep) thing. Love him to death, but if he doesn't have good people around to help him make decisions, the Lakers aren't going to do jack **** before Kobe is old and broken down.

Quote:
I will take his vision and decision making over your's any day of the week.

You mean Jerry West and Bill Sharman.

Freaking kids these days.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Roll your eyes all you wan't, Artest would not have resigned with us...so you would rather rent Artest for two years (and during those two years have no chance at a championship) than let LO, Kobe and Bynum grow together as a team.

You have no way of knowing whether Artest would or would not have resigned with the Lakers. Stop pretending.

Quote:
It's not about right now...btw Artest has never been on a team with a personality like Kobe, who knows how they would mesh

Who cares how they mesh, there isn't a worse fit in the league than Odom and Kobe. Until Odom grows a brain and a pair of balls, that is.

Last edited by KA_2 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

I am sure against the better bigmen in the league, but shouldn't those guys be getting double teams to begin with?

uh...not necessarily, even double teaming with K-mart and Odom, that might make even more problems
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

uh...not necessarily, even double teaming with K-mart and Odom, that might make even more problems

Well I think they would be fine defensively, there are very few if any true dominating centers in the game right now. When Ewing, David Robinson and all of those other good centers were around it would be a problem, but not in todays NBA. I understand this is highly unlikely if not impossible to get this line up, but it is fun discussing it on such a slow night.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I've been a Laker fan longer than you kid, let's not get into who appreciates the Lakers' 9 titles in LA more.

Face it, I'm calling a spade a spade and you're, well, not

Kid?

What does age have to do it?

So I'm in my 20's and you're an old man ready to die. Big whoop.

You're still insane to think that you know more than Buss.

Quote:
You are a homer.

So? And you think you're a realist?

Please. You're a guy that has no loyalty and the type of person that ditches people when the chips are down.

I know your types.

Go ahead and piss on the Lakers right now and then come back when there's parades.

That is if you're still alive at that point considering your age and all.

Quote:
No you don't. What has Buss accomplished since Jerry West left the Los Angeles Lakers. I'll give you a hint; not a (bleep) thing. Love him to death, but if he doesn't have good people around to help him make decisions, the Lakers aren't going to do jack **** before Kobe is old and broken down.

Rings?

One question.

Who did Jerry West want to pick in the Magic draft and who FORCED him to pick Magic?

West would have screwed up 5 rings right there if it weren't for Buss.

Quote:
You mean Jerry West and Bill Sharman.

Yet, neither won after they left here.

West passed on Amare and has won nothing in Memphis.

Quote:
Freaking kids these days

I get it now. Grampa is crampy because his kids forced him into a retirement home?

I'm sorry. Don't hate me because I'm younger than you and have more years left.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
insidepresence wrote:
Roll your eyes all you wan't, Artest would not have resigned with us...so you would rather rent Artest for two years (and during those two years have no chance at a championship) than let LO, Kobe and Bynum grow together as a team.

You have no way of knowing whether Artest would or would not have resigned with the Lakers. Stop pretending.

Quote:
It's not about right now...btw Artest has never been on a team with a personality like Kobe, who knows how they would mesh

Who cares how they mesh, there isn't a worse fit in the league than Odom and Kobe. Until Odom grows a brain and a pair of balls, that is.

Ya I have no way of knowing except for the fact that he said he was going to sign with New York when his contract was up. LO and Kobe mesh well, its just people like you expect too much from LO. There was a mistake made, LO was given a superstars contract, and he is merely a star. He would be a perfect 3rd option with Kobe...but Artest is not the answer. By the way, you toute Jerry West as the God of this team but...Jerry West was a Laker for so long that people tend to forget the details of his reign as GM. Jerry West did not draft Magic Johnson. He did not acquire Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He did not draft James Worthy. Yup, West was the Lakers coach from 1976-77 through 1978-79. He then spent the next three years as a Laker scout before replacing Bill Sharman as GM before the 1982-83 season. So West was GM from 1982 until 2000. So basically the Lakers did nothing from 90-97...give Mitch some time...old men these days
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Artest 27/14 boards

iml84myd8s wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:
make no mistake about it, this guy's a better player than odom. bar none.

wow... that hurts! artest is a stud. and a cheap stud!

give it up to the kings for having the nads to roll the dice. dumping c-webb and grabbing artest are two solid moves.

Yeah because Mitch isnt the GM for the kings
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Wolf, Jerry did not draft Magic, he wasn't the GM at the time
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Magic drafted = 79
West GM tenure begins = 82

...I still see your point though
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: