------ Preseason Game 1 - Minnesota Timberwolves -vs- Los Angeles Lakers 9/30 7PM PT ------
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Jesus thank god for Kuz. He was the the only one who was terrific. This kid needs to start. We have a bunch of non shooters playing with Ball. That cant happen. Ball will be ineffective without players that can shoot.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Randle looked fine, Kuz was simply exceptional. Especially for a rook.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wolves were trying so hard, Lakers were without 4 rotational players and we still stuck close.

huh? your not serious...your claiming we were hurt by not having Hart, Bogut and Deng?

Yeah I also don't know that I thought Minnesota try that hard. I mean they played because they're not just gonna stand there and lose but I don't recall even seeing Jimmy Butler after a certain point.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
It is hard to win a game when one shoots 5-30 from the 3 point line.

Yeah. Many of them wide open too. Even hitting 33 percent would have been a win.

This team got rid of Russell, Young, and Williams, guys who could hit 3's. Lakers need someone to step up and be an outside threat.

Kuzma. IF the first game is any indication, Kuzma could get some minutes this year.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Do they have the Lakers line post game show for pre-season?
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

We're gonna beat up a lot, but I think our young guys have the talent and character to become great players. Gotta keep grinding.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wolves were trying so hard, Lakers were without 4 rotational players and we still stuck close.

huh? your not serious...your claiming we were hurt by not having Hart, Bogut and Deng?

Yeah I also don't know that I thought Minnesota try that hard. I mean they played because they're not just gonna stand there and lose but I don't recall even seeing Jimmy Butler after a certain point.

OK - in fairness to IG, Lopez would have changed the complexion of this game a LOT imo.

That said, playing Jimmy Butler more than one quarter would have too.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

Luke says guys are out of shape after all that body fat nonsense

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers starters' shot 15-52. Minnie's shot 21-52. If the Lakers' starters make six more shots, the Lakers would have been back in the game.

--Anonymous
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Nance is still nonexistent on offense.
KCP is as streaky as advertised but solid on D.
Randle's defense is still nonexistent.
Ingram was much more aggressive but his shots were off.
Lonzo passed up many good looks driving to the basket.
Clarkson was steady off the bench.
Ennis was good off the bench.
Zu looked better than in preseason.
Brewer was a nice spark of energy.
Kuzma was head and shoulders above the rest of his team.

Not worried but curious to see if Ingram stays aggressive. I hope he does.
Will Lonzo realize we do need the facilitating Lonzo as well as the Lonzo that can score?
Wish we would have signed Shabazz.
Kuzma, Nance and Julius....someone is expendable. Hopefully will help us shed Deng.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Our squad looked good. Excited
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

We'll be better with Brook

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think my point is that, the team was likely just free flowing, they were even laughing at the end of the game.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
We'll be better with Brook
brook is a great 3 point shooter will make a big difference. it's the first preseason game we lost but it thought it went ok way better than i expected and no one got hurt. the experience will help the rooks and glad got it over with and they can have film to look at.

Last edited by autoprt on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

OK - in fairness to IG, Lopez would have changed the complexion of this game a LOT imo.

Clearly Lopez would've changed a lot of things. But I'm saying that it's hardly as if Minnesota was going all out. You can't really say they were "trying so hard" when they didn't even play one of their main people. I looked at the box score, Jimmy only played 12 minutes lol!
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Clearly Lopez would've changed a lot of things. But I'm saying that it's hardly as if Minnesota was going all out. You can't really say they were "trying so hard" when they didn't even play one of their main people. I looked at the box score, Jimmy only played 12 minutes lol!
butler was on cruise control. he knows its a long season...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I like Kelli. She's a tall drink of cool aid

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They had Bazz playing like he's a all star, , Gibson was acting like he was a great scorer.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Ugly game for me guyz. Most disappointed in all the work on defense and yet Minny seemed to get whatever they wanted - even in the half court. Gibson/Deing shouldn't look that good offensively.

Teague sort of kicked Lonzo off the pedestal tonight. Lonzo's rebounding effort was the only thing that impressed me about Lonzo tonight.

JR is still somewhat of a ball stopper to me. Nance is out of his comfort zone guarding Towns and was a non factor except for a highlight dunk. KCP was also underwhelming.

Pelinka promised an exciting team...we'll see.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Not bad for starters.

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo - shaky start, but then again not as shaky as his first summer league start. No offense to work with at the moment. Can't rate him bad, but not a great game either.

KCP - I was not impressed so far, but it's really really early and he knows it.

Ingram. One great stretch but he stank for the last 30 minutes or so of this game. I think Magic needs to put a muffler on the "leading scorer" commentary real quick b/c Ingram flat out froze out there.

Randle - I didn't think he was all that bad considering what he had to work with on offense. No 3 ball, didn't set picks, can't blame him entirely for the disjointed defense, both teams were playing slop ball, but I thought he hustled all game. Jury is way out so far. At least Randle put the ball in the net more consistently than most.

Nance - crappy game by Larry Nance standards.

Kuzma - OH YEAH! This guy can score if you give him a shot, and he showed some decent play on both ends of the court!

Zubac - lots of mistakes, but on the flipside, he really played well out there too, particularly in the first half.

Brewer - he creates problems for both teams, but he wasn't bad. Love his hustle out there.

Ennis - Decent backup. Not perfect, but he held his own.

Clarkson - same Clarkson from last year. And the year before.

TBryant - He's got some real potential, awful raw right now but he could b a load for any defender some day if he learns the game and gets the NBA body.

Caruso, Blue - Not bad for 4th stringers. Small sample size.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They had Bazz playing like he's a all star, , Gibson was acting like he was a great scorer.

What's ? That's what deep teams do, hello? Besides if anything also ran guys going off points to our bad defense not anything the Wolves were doing wrong.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, I agree Minny would've played Butler more than 1 quarter if they were really trying.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, I agree Minny would've played Butler more than 1 quarter if they were really trying.

I think both teams really didn't try, it was a sloppy game, and the fact that we stuck close with them in the 1st half was a good sign.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Our defense has a LONG way to go.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to: