Tiger Tracker: Tiger Woods returns to competitive golf at Hero World Challenge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Tiger Tracker: Tiger Woods returns to competitive golf at Hero World Challenge

I haven't watched golf with any interest for some time. Tiger is trying again. As I ink this post he's 1 off the lead 4 under. I wish him well.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Just fell to -3, but he looks very different from last years failed comeback.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

He finished round 1, 3 off the lead. It's amazing how much he means to the game of golf. Interest has piqued wondering how he'll do this time. He's one of a few golfers who doesn't have to win the draw a crowd.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

^^^ He shot -3 and played the par-5's at even. He shakes off the rust and he easily could've been -5 or -6.

It was great to see him out there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
^^^ He shot -3 and played the par-5's at even. He shakes off the rust and he easily could've been -5 or -6.

That's true, he's usually a par 5 killer.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

That's true, he's usually a par 5 killer.

In his heyday, yeah. He hadn't been that for quite a while, even in his last good year, I don't believe.

In any case, it's highly encouraging to see him shoot a 69 after all this time off. Maybe this latest back surgery, which was actually a back fusion procedure of some sort, will alleviate his pain enough to where he can really go out and do this. Obviously, he still has a long way to go. Can he play well over 4 rounds?

I know this: Tiger moves the needle. Interest in golf will spike (again) if he can be out there on the PGA Tour next season, even in his typically limited schedule, and even over the age of 40.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Do you think he will win another major?
I think he will be able to win a couple of tournaments, but majors are really tough, at this point in his career, I would bet the field.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

He started well, though he's done that before in previous comebacks, but it's all about finishing.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

I'm finding interest in golf again. 2 under for the day 1 off the lead. His importance to the game is magnified by the golf channel following him almost exclusively. He's tied for the lead after 4.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
He started well, though he's done that before in previous comebacks, but it's all about finishing.

His last failed comebacks he couldn't even make the cut for the weekend. A good sign for him is that the golfers at the top of the game like Dustin Johnson, Jordan Speith, Justin Thomas are actually playing in this tournament and he is leading them right now.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Just birdied 11. He is -9 in the solo lead. Gotta love Twitter, wish I could watch tho
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

His -5 31 on the front is his best 9 hole score in 1,457 days (2013)
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

In second now. Whoa. This is going to open some eyes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Golf needs this story. Golf (casual fan interest) and Tiger need each other more than ever.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

Health is obviously the major concern, but if he can keep his back right there is no reason he can't win another major.

I mean, almost everyone whose usually in contention at majors is playing this week! I am very impressed with his game.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Do you think he will win another major?
I think he will be able to win a couple of tournaments, but majors are really tough, at this point in his career, I would bet the field.

If tiger is really health like it seems I could see him put up another w in a major.

Him and Kobe were my boys growing up and it would be nice to see tiger return to the top of the mountain after the (bleep) storm the media tried to rain on him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Him and Kobe were my boys growing up

I was not a fan of Tiger when he was winning every other major.....but now that he has been through hell and back....I am always up for a good American comeback story. Go Tiger!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Illuminating Tiger doing so well, Charlie Huffman is 12 under but everyone's talking about Tiger.

Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Illuminating Tiger doing so well, Charlie Huffman is 12 under but everyone's talking about Tiger.

Hoffman has all of 4 wins on tour and is about as bland as a player gets.

It just speaks to your point though, no one cares about anyone else but Tiger. He moves the needle.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It just speaks to your point though, no one cares about anyone else but Tiger. He moves the needle.

I haven't been following golf of late. Is anyone on the leader board news worthy?

C Huffman -12
J Spieth -9
T Fleetwood -9
J Rose -8
M Matsuyama -7
F Molinari -7
T Woods -7
R Fowler -7
M Kusher -7

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I haven't been following golf of late. Is anyone on the leader board news worthy?

C Huffman -12
J Spieth -9
T Fleetwood -9
J Rose -8
M Matsuyama -7
F Molinari -7
T Woods -7
R Fowler -7
M Kusher -7

Jordan Spieth
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Golf needs this story. Golf (casual fan interest) and Tiger need each other more than ever.

The problem is this is Tiger in his 40's....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The problem is this is Tiger in his 40's....

Yes, so his shelf-life is limited, but if he can play well, he's the signature star of golf, and one of the signature sports stars period. He just moves the needle and always will, so long as he's relevant.

Consider how much more exciting it is for golf when Phil Mickelson is actually contending...and then realize that Phil moves the needle about 1/10th as much as Tiger. If that. And I like Phil.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
jodeke wrote:

C Huffman -12
J Spieth -9
T Fleetwood -9
J Rose -8
M Matsuyama -7
F Molinari -7
T Woods -7
R Fowler -7
M Kusher -7

Jordan Spieth

Actually a few of those guys are newsworthy, but yeah, Spieth is a standout. Love watching that guy play. Such a calculating and strategic guy. That final day during his win at The Open this summer was amazing. It almost looked like he was going to melt down and blow it and then he handled that Unplayable Lie and took that "WTF are you doing?" drop and nailed the blind, over the sand dune shot . . .

Anyway, it was fun to see Tiger compete today. Hoffman was on fire, and a few guys made incredible chips into the cup today. Looking forward to watching tomorrow.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
jodeke wrote:

C Huffman -12
J Spieth -9
T Fleetwood -9
J Rose -8
M Matsuyama -7
F Molinari -7
T Woods -7
R Fowler -7
M Kusher -7

Jordan Spieth

Actually a few of those guys are newsworthy, but yeah, Spieth is a standout. Love watching that guy play. Such a calculating and strategic guy. That final day during his win at The Open this summer was amazing. It almost looked like he was going to melt down and blow it and then he handled that Unplayable Lie and took that "WTF are you doing?" drop and nailed the blind, over the sand dune shot . . .

Anyway, it was fun to see Tiger compete today. Hoffman was on fire, and a few guys made incredible chips into the cup today. Looking forward to watching tomorrow.

TIGER!

Great to see him back and playing well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: