Start the KUUUUUUUUUZZZ part Deux !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Loved the running lefty hook.

Seeing it in real time I thought it was a lucky out of control shot. The replay showed just how skillful it was.

He did it twice to show it wasn't a fluke

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

Seeing it in real time I thought it was a lucky out of control shot. The replay showed just how skillful it was.

Trade Julius mid-season for a first-round pick.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
OCWA wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

Doesn't have that much value
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Zo ingram kuzma randle lopez

Ingram is not good enough to play SG you know that.
I'm sorry, what?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

If you're gonna go based off the first pre-season game to start Kuzma, than you'll be also saying that benching KCP or Ingram is best for business. Because Kuzma, Randle, Zubac, and in the 2nd half Clarkson were our best players tonight.

So yeah, based off the first pre-season game this should be our starting lineup going forward.

Tyler Ennis
Jordan Clarkson
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Perhaps we should wait a bit longer.

Will say however that I expect Kuzma to have the backup 3 locked down this season.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject:

I'd love to see some minutes for a lineup of

Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle/Lopez
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

If I had faith in Ingram playing the 2 I'd like to see that. But I have my reservations about Ingram being able to play shooting guard unfortunately, in fact, I may actually believe in the idea of Kuzma playing the 2 before I could see Ingram do it, strictly because the style Kuzma plays and coming off drag screens, etc with his jumper I can see.

Would be disaster the moment he puts it on the floor against another 2, but for spot up and off screen purposes I could see it.

We'll see though.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

Teams are going to be asking for Kuzma plus Deng to get him off the books soon. Do we say yes?
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject:

I think Kuzma will be better than Randle and Nance. I don't think we can move him. He's already better than Ingram.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Teams are going to be asking for Kuzma plus Deng to get him off the books soon. Do we say yes?

nope, rather attach clarkson, randle, nance or zubac. imagine kuzma's development in 2yrs
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If you're gonna go based off the first pre-season game to start Kuzma, than you'll be also saying that benching KCP or Ingram is best for business. Because Kuzma, Randle, Zubac, and in the 2nd half Clarkson were our best players tonight.

So yeah, based off the first pre-season game this should be our starting lineup going forward.

Tyler Ennis
Jordan Clarkson
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Will say however that I expect Kuzma to have the backup 3 locked down this season.

Our best uptempo offensive lineup

Ball/Ennis/Caruso
Clarkson/Blue
Brewer/Ingram
Kuzma
Zubac

PG: Ball, Caruso can push up tempo while Ennis is good shooter. All fit
SG: Clarkson is our best scorer at SG. Should start. Blue is a 3D
SF: Brewer is a nice 3D with great speed for uptempo style basketball. Ingram is not ready yet. Could see minutes as PF
PF: Kuzma. A perfect 4
C: Zubac is a good finisher with skill and size
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject:

He can start and he can finish we need buckets.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
#StayInYoLane wrote:
I'm all for Kuzma starting over Randle. Now everybody is entitled to their own opinion, especially the times we live in. Anyways, I have seen enough of Randle that he can put up a decent stat line but the way those points are scored are not within the flow of the style of offense we want to run. Kuzma has the skills and arsenal to be a contributor.

That is a solid point, but I'd like to see how Randle benefits from Brook's game, because since he's on the Lakers Randle almost never had someone who can open the paint for him. But on the long term you're probably right Kuz fits more with the offense we want...

To add...the only reason why Randle and Nance are better than Kuzma at this time is because of their experience in the league and they're stronger. Kuzma's shot is effortless and he seems to have a better feel for the game on both sides of the ball. What it comes down to is Kuzma is more confident and instinctive. The last rookie we had that exudes this type of confidence from the gate was Kobe. And please don't think I'm saying he's the black mamba...I'm not. And please don't use the argument that he's older than Randle and Ingram when they first came into the league...those two were fed confidence by the hype machine from playing at storied universities. Kuzma came from a school that is often overlooked and probably the real reason he was drafted low in the first round and why he stayed 4 years due to the lack of shine. Magic and Rob...pulled a major heist. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Roon wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Roon wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
scoobs wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
LOL I love this forum, the overreaction after one preseason game is funny...

Overreacting after a GREAT combine, GREAT Summer League and a GREAT 1st NBA game. Let's not ignor the positive trend in this instance. This is not Kuzma's first sign of talent.

I have no problem saying the kid is talented, but starting him ? No sane coach would do that, and Walton won't. But I didn't want to break the enthusiam, clearly he's a great pick, he runs, can shot, can pass, but to think that he's ready to start ? Yeah that's overreacting...

He can't start because why exactly? We have all stars playing ahead of him?

Let's see Randle is playing for a contract or up his trade value so he starts, Ingram you know why, KCP I'll give you 18 million reasons why.
I don't think Luke gives a rats ass about Randle being up for a contract and KCP signing for 18 million. He's not the gm or the owner. It ain't his money.

Well that's too bad because we have to move Deng and Clarkson to clear up a second max slot, but Randle might have to be attached to move at least one of those guys.

I would like you to think about why a team would want to take on that much salary and explain how that would happen.

That's the hard part because we have to give up assets to do that, and teams hate us and don't want nothing to do with us.

That team would need to give us 23ish million in expiring contracts.

I think a team would rather just take Deng or Clarkson for the assets.

If anything it would be a three team trade, but that is a different scenario.

Yeah Deng going to one team and Clarkson going to another team, and we get expirings.

And where is Julius going to a third team?

Who knows depends on who wants him.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Zo ingram kuzma randle lopez

Ingram is not good enough to play SG you know that.
I'm sorry, what?

What I mean Ingram is a SF he doesn't have the foot speed or the skill set to play the 2.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject:

Lopez and Kuzma would give you some serious floor spacing ..
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject:

It was just a first preseason game, so one game is not an indicator of the future. But dang, Kuzma is putting it out there. Kuzma may end up being the first forward off the bench this year.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
#StayInYoLane wrote:
I'm all for Kuzma starting over Randle. Now everybody is entitled to their own opinion, especially the times we live in. Anyways, I have seen enough of Randle that he can put up a decent stat line but the way those points are scored are not within the flow of the style of offense we want to run. Kuzma has the skills and arsenal to be a contributor.

That is a solid point, but I'd like to see how Randle benefits from Brook's game, because since he's on the Lakers Randle almost never had someone who can open the paint for him. But on the long term you're probably right Kuz fits more with the offense we want...

To add...the only reason why Randle and Nance are better than Kuzma at this time is because of their experience in the league and they're stronger. Kuzma's shot is effortless and he seems to have a better feel for the game on both sides of the ball. What it comes down to is Kuzma is more confident and instinctive. The last rookie we had that exudes this type of confidence from the gate was Kobe. And please don't think I'm saying he's the black mamba...I'm not. And please don't use the argument that he's older than Randle and Ingram when they first came into the league...those two were fed confidence by the hype machine from playing at storied universities. Kuzma came from a school that is often overlooked and probably the real reason he was drafted low in the first round and why he stayed 4 years due to the lack of shine. Magic and Rob...pulled a major heist. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.

I was about to start this conversation last night as I'd also like to see Luke try starting Kuzma in place of Randle, at least for a few preseason games. I agree with a lot of observations in this thread.

Despite his impressive numbers at times, Randle has always looked like the square peg on offense because the way he plays. Aside from the obvious lack of perimeter shooting and explosiveness in iso situations, I still don't see a lot off-ball activity screening or cutting.

It's preseason so let's experiment. We're not paying Randle a ton of money to justify a permanent starting role and Kuzma has shown me enough in a short window to challenge him to earn it.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
MJST wrote:

Tyler Ennis
Jordan Clarkson
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Our best uptempo offensive lineup

Ball/Ennis/Caruso
Clarkson/Blue
Brewer/Ingram
Kuzma
Zubac

PG: Ball, Caruso can push up tempo while Ennis is good shooter. All fit
SG: Clarkson is our best scorer at SG. Should start. Blue is a 3D
SF: Brewer is a nice 3D with great speed for uptempo style basketball. Ingram is not ready yet. Could see minutes as PF
PF: Kuzma. A perfect 4
C: Zubac is a good finisher with skill and size

4 of those 5 will not happen. And you only got PG right.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
markjay wrote:
OCWA wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

Doesn't have that much value

If he puts up 15 and 7 like he did last night, he'll have some value.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

After Randle is traded.
Got to keep up appearances for now.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

No way in hell. This is the kind of guy you develop long-term. Kuzma's potential value down the road while on a cheap deal > offloading Deng.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

Randle was actually our 2nd best player last night behind Kuzma so Randle has the 4 spot. We can't really replace Ingram at the three since he's the "untradeable" guy.

I don't see what's wrong with playing from the bench. Kuz got starter minutes last night too. He doesn't need to play alongside Lonzo to be great since he could create his own shot. He's just a good player overall. The problem will come next year if and when we sign PG13. Then Kuzma is gonna be regelated to the bench? I guess if Kuzma kept this up for this season, we'd hedge against not being able to sign PG13.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I seriously doubt Kuzma is starting anytime soon.....you can likely pencil in KCP-Ingram-Randle in the #2,#3,#4 slots for the majority of the season if healthy.

I'm sorry but what has Randle done to guarantee him a starting spot? It's not like he's been efficient at either ends of the court and it's not like he's been leading us to wins. If Kuzma keeps his level of play and can contribute the valuable spacing Randle absolutely lacks then Randle better get used to warming up the bench.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I seriously doubt Kuzma is starting anytime soon.....you can likely pencil in KCP-Ingram-Randle in the #2,#3,#4 slots for the majority of the season if healthy.

I'm sorry but what has Randle done to guarantee him a starting spot? It's not like he's been efficient at either ends of the court and it's not like he's been leading us to wins. If Kuzma keeps his level of play and can contribute the valuable spacing Randle absolutely lacks then Randle better get used to warming up the bench.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38
Jump to: