BREAKING NEWS on trades by other teams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: BREAKING NEWS on trades by other teams

Cato and first round pick for Milicic and Arroyo
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

is that done? I only heard it being rumored...if its done, post a link
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39140/20060214/pistons_reportedly_to_trade_milicic_to_orlando/
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Man are we gonna hear stuff about our team i'm sick of it already.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Great trade for both teams...Pistons get cap relief and a lottery protected #1 (which more than likely will turn into a 07 unprotected can you say Oden?)...while Darko, who should be great once he gets a chance, and arroyo. Anyone think that arroyo is a sign of Francis being sent off?...looks likely
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Realgm thinks Orlando is in talks with Denver, Minny and NY.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
Realgm thinks Orlando is in talks with Denver, Minny and NY.

Denver will not take on Steve Francis...their GM is very miserly, especially this year, because he wants to resign Nene and max Carmelo...Minny and NY are therefore the only real players based on the teams you suggested
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

i would think detroit could get someone better than cato.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

if this is true, howard and darko could be one hell of a tandem.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Great trade for both teams...Pistons get cap relief and a lottery protected #1 (which more than likely will turn into a 07 unprotected can you say Oden?)...while Darko, who should be great once he gets a chance, and arroyo. Anyone think that arroyo is a sign of Francis being sent off?...looks likely

I guess, but Joe D. essentially pissed away the #2 pick in the strongest draft since 1996. It may not mean much now while the Pistons are on top, but wait 2 years when McDeyess and the Wallaces are in their mid-30s. By then, the Pistons will be cap-locked having given long-term high-dollar contracts to their starting five.

This is a tough one because I also think Darko will thrive with some PT. Yet, if you're the Lakers do you give up one of your most consistent bench scorers and defenders and jeopardize this year's playoff aspirations for a guy who may not be ready to contribute this season? You have to wonder about the guy. Everyone said it was Brown holding him back, but he apparently hasn't impressed Flip either. If you do get him, where do you find the PT to develop AB, Mihm, Kwame, AND Darko.

Yeah, I do think Stevie's days in the Magic Kingdom are numbered.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

That magic kingdom, good stuff.

Numero, I agree, and yes I would give up DG for Darko...without even thinking about it
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:

I doubt the pick would lose all its protection in 2007. Most likely it'll be top 10 protected during that year. There is absolutely no way the Magic would give up their pick if they stumbled upon the first pick in the draft.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Good move for the pistons, another big body to use on shaq.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

I doubt the pick would lose all its protection in 2007. Most likely it'll be top 10 protected during that year. There is absolutely no way the Magic would give up their pick if they stumbled upon the first pick in the draft.

All I know is that if they have it top-10 protected this year, then either 2007 or 2008 has to be unprotected, and those are both deep classes
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

All I know is that if they have it top-10 protected this year, then either 2007 or 2008 has to be unprotected, and those are both deep classes

They can make it lottery protected this year. So top 14. They can make it top 10 protected in 2007. Then top 3 protected in 2008. Then no protection in 2009. There is no way the Pistons have a shot at Oden with the Magic pick.
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
Good move for the pistons, another big body to use on shaq.

You don't need many these days. Kwame proved that.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:

Numero, I agree, and yes I would give up DG for Darko...without even thinking about it

I would probably go the other way and look for an established player. We sacrificed proven scorers in Caron and Chucky for a player with potential. We passed on a proven college player like Granger for potential. I think we have enough players already who are "learning" how to play at this level. We need to start getting some players for whom the learning curve isn't as steep.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Good trade for both squads.... speaking of European bigs and the Magic...
What the hell happened to Fran Vasquez? Is he even thinking about coming back to the states?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

I would probably go the other way and look for an established player. We sacrificed proven scorers in Caron and Chucky for a player with potential. We passed on a proven college player like Granger for potential. I think we have enough players already who are "learning" how to play at this level. We need to start getting some players for whom the learning curve isn't as steep.

Well, all those players with potential, less established players, yet the record is better this year compared to last?

It's not just the coaching change, but the fact that there is more balanced talent compared to last season.

Kwame may not be consistent offensively, and his effort doesn't show up well on a stat sheet every night, but between him and Mihm, it's amazing what having athletic young, active bigmen around can do for a team.

Darko? Same deal.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

Well, all those players with potential, less established players, yet the record is better this year compared to last?

It's not just the coaching change, but the fact that there is more balanced talent compared to last season.

Kwame may not be consistent offensively, and his effort doesn't show up well on a stat sheet every night, but between him and Mihm, it's amazing what having athletic young, active bigmen around can do for a team.

Darko? Same deal.

No DOUBT!!! The improvement is amazing considering the lack of trades over the summer.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:

Wow!! Orlando gave the #1 up. Idiots.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
insidepresence wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

They can make it lottery protected this year. So top 14. They can make it top 10 protected in 2007. Then top 3 protected in 2008. Then no protection in 2009. There is no way the Pistons have a shot at Oden with the Magic pick.

The pistons aren't dumb enough to give up the #2 pick in one of the strongest drafts for a lottery protected past this year (by that I mean it can be lottery protected this year, but they won't except anything but unprotected thereafter) that is just my opinion
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Wouldnt it be nice if the Lakers had a gm like Dumars?
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

^^ We'll see what happens when the details are ironed out. There is no guarantee that the Magic will even win the lottery.

Let's put it this way. Ever since the Lakers received the Jazz's #1 pick and they selected James Worthy, no team will ever let such a thing happen again without putting proper protections onto a lottery pick. This has become standard practice and the Magic would be idiotic to limit the protections on a potential lottery pick. Very few teams are willing to give a first rounder with no protection. Plus, Darko is not worth an unprotected #1.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

LO for Francis
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: