Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

NSFW

Viewer discretion advised.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/nintchdbpict000357566763-e1506926135655.jpg?strip=all&w=960
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

Donald Trump addressing the Vegas shooting.

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/videos/10156076427891336/?notif_id=1506955937613675&notif_t=live_video
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Just awful, like many of you I have been to the Mandalay Bay many times and of course attend concerts regularly.

What is this country coming to? Why all the hate against fellow citizens?

RIP to the victims and thoughts to their families and friends as they try and make sense of another senseless act.

Something needs to change....

did you ever have a balcony? I was trying to remember....but I do not think I have ever stayed in a room in Vegas that had a personal room balcony, including Mandalay Bay.

Looks like he shot out of the windows of his suite.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/10/02/TELEMMGLPICT000142516236_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqWeMWoD8yVmRyTarZ_2qL5Tyb-9qvUg53jKUciQ_-htg.jpeg?imwidth=480

There are balconies though, at the top floor restarurant and penthouses.

Is that a suite? Looks like a large room with windows that far apart.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

Balcony at Mandalay Bay.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/04/c7/6b/club-foundation-on-top.jpg
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

NSFW

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/nintchdbpict000357561549-e1506930420290.jpg?strip=all&w=960
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/nintchdbpict000357568522-e1506925916520.jpg?strip=all&w=960

https://i.ndtvimg.com/i/2017-10/las-vegas-shooting-afp_650x400_81506928398.jpg

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/59d1db08351ccf0b078b49f4-2400/gettyimages-856490308.jpg

http://www.dailynews.lk/sites/default/files/u90586/las%20vegas%203.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/nationworld_impact/photo/las-vegas-shooting-64f9d2fc2a7e87af.jpg
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SweetP wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Wow, this is awful.

50+ dead now. Over 400 injured. How many shots did this guy unload?

They found 10 rifles in his hotel room. I'm sure there will turn out to be some semiautomatic and/or military type weapons.

the videos sounded like straight up automatic fire....to me, sounded like squeeze the trigger until the magazine was empty.

Heard one report on that the weapon used was a fully automatic one.

Nevada law does not require firearms owners to have licenses, register their weapons, or limits the number of firearms an individual posses. Automatic assault weapons and machine guns are also legal in the state as long as they are registered and are possessed in adherence to federal law, according to the National Rifle Association.

Nevada does not prohibit the transfer or possession of assault weapons, 50 caliber rifles or large capacity ammunition magazines. Local law enforcement issues concealed handgun licenses. Open carry is legal without a permit.
Link
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

Went to bed hearing 2 dead, 70 injured. Hearing the descriptions of what happened, I wasn't looking forward to waking up this morning. Unconscionable.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SweetP wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Wow, this is awful.

50+ dead now. Over 400 injured. How many shots did this guy unload?

They found 10 rifles in his hotel room. I'm sure there will turn out to be some semiautomatic and/or military type weapons.

the videos sounded like straight up automatic fire....to me, sounded like squeeze the trigger until the magazine was empty.

Heard one report on that the weapon used was a fully automatic one.

Nevada law does not require firearms owners to have licenses, register their weapons, or limits the number of firearms an individual posses. Automatic assault weapons and machine guns are also legal in the state as long as they are registered and are possessed in adherence to federal law, according to the National Rifle Association.

Nevada does not prohibit the transfer or possession of assault weapons, 50 caliber rifles or large capacity ammunition magazines. Local law enforcement issues concealed handgun licenses. Open carry is legal without a permit.
Link

the guy killed over 50 people, doubt he checked the laws before engaging in the activity......and fully automatic/machine guns are only legal if they were manufactured before 1986....which I highly doubt he was using a gun over 30 years old.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Went to bed hearing 2 dead, 70 injured. Hearing the descriptions of what happened, I wasn't looking forward to waking up this morning. Unconscionable.

Reports are now at least 58 dead and over 500 injured.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the guy killed over 50 people, doubt he checked the laws before engaging in the activity......and fully automatic/machine guns are only legal if they were manufactured before 1986....which I highly doubt he was using a gun over 30 years old.

There are conversion kits people can buy at gun shows that take about 2-3 hours or so to convert a semi-automatic into an automatic. And, yes, many people use guns much older than 30 years old and buy such guns as "antiques" at gun shows. I've shot 30 year old + automatic rifles and uzis myself. These guns hold up, especially if they are maintained. Much of the world (i.e. Africa) uses automatic weapons to this day that were created during the cold war.

And, without making this into a second amendment argument, its not about checking the laws but just going to these places where you can buy a gun (or a conversion kit) legally. If you want an automatic weapon in this country, there are multiple ways to go get one without ever needing to do so illegal or finding some kind of alley way/black market connection. And when you go to a gun shop, an online vendor or a trade show, you're not checking the laws because all you care about is that the products are available (and you assume they are available because they are legal). Further, a lot of people at these trade shows do actually sell things (like silencers, for example) illegally just because they aren't regulated the way they should be.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

What a tragedy
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

I was supposed to be in Mandalay Bay for work last week.....
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:

There are conversion kits people can buy at gun shows that take about 2-3 hours or so to convert a semi-automatic into an automatic. And, yes, many people use guns much older than 30 years old and buy such guns as "antiques" at gun shows. I've shot 30 year old + automatic rifles and uzis myself. These guns hold up, especially if they are maintained. Much of the world (i.e. Africa) uses automatic weapons to this day that were created during the cold war.

And, without making this into a second amendment argument, its not about checking the laws but just going to these places where you can buy a gun (or a conversion kit) legally. If you want an automatic weapon in this country, there are multiple ways to go get one without ever needing to do so illegal or finding some kind of alley way/black market connection. And when you go to a gun shop, an online vendor or a trade show, you're not checking the laws because all you care about is that the products are available (and you assume they are available because they are legal). Further, a lot of people at these trade shows do actually sell things (like silencers, for example) illegally just because they aren't regulated the way they should be.

Any gun on the 1986 registry is going to cost at minimum, $50,000, if this guy was using one of those.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
There are conversion kits people can buy at gun shows that take about 2-3 hours or so to convert a semi-automatic into an automatic.

ok, but what is your point.....the comment was in relation to simply stating that automatic weapons and machine guns are legal in Nevada, which suggests you can go out to your gun shop and pick up a brand new machine gun. I never said a 30 year old gun can not work.....only that I highly doubt that he was using a 30 year old weapon.

LakerSanity wrote:
And, without making this into a second amendment argument, its not about checking the laws but just going to these places where you can buy a gun (or a conversion kit) legally. If you want an automatic weapon in this country, there are multiple ways to go get one without ever needing to do so illegal or finding some kind of alley way/black market connection.

This is often said in the media, and it totally bs. Where do you get these conversion kits....give me some prices and examples.....your talking about $15,000 for a DIAS---Drop In Auto Sear---that was registered pre 86.

LakerSanity wrote:
Further, a lot of people at these trade shows do actually sell things (like silencers, for example) illegally just because they aren't regulated the way they should be.

again, I guess the dozens of gun shows I have attended are the exception. "Regulated the way they should be" is just a subjective statement, because it is not the trade show you regulate....it is the dealers/sellers which are regulated.....and any person in the business of selling or dealing firearms must be licensed by the federal government....and these guys are not risking their license to sell a "silencer". ATF is all over large firearm trade shows. If your referring to some small vendor that only sells accessories, selling such an item out of their trunk outside a gun show....I guess that is possible...but no law will ever stop that.

Last edited by adkindo on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

^Then I doubt he was using one of those.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Seeing the numbers keep rising is nearly making me physically ill. My heart goes out to everyone affected.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

I was up watching the coverage until 3am, the number of dead have risen dramatically when I woke up this morning...
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
SweetP wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Seeing the numbers keep rising is nearly making me physically ill. My heart goes out to everyone affected.

I know, I am trying to avoid photos and TV coverage for now. It's just heartbreaking.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I know what you mean, but OP is saying that regardless of the legality of the weapons he used... no law was likely to stop him.

I get what you are saying too.. i guess laws make people feel better at the end of the day.. but i agree no law here would of stopped em.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I know what you mean, but OP is saying that regardless of the legality of the weapons he used... no law was likely to stop him.

I get what you are saying too.. i guess laws make people feel better at the end of the day.. but i agree no law here would of stopped em.

How about a law banning the type of gun he used to kill 60 people? Whatever it is, make it illegal.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
marga86 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:

How about a law banning the type of gun he used to kill 60 people? Whatever it is, make it illegal.

My point is that meth is illegal -- people who really wanna do it still get their hands on it.

Bombs are illegal, didnt stop the OKC bombing.

I think the problem is deeper than the availability of weapons.. but that's jut my opinion. Make em illegal for all i care, i still don't think it would change much.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

Just horrific.

One of the breaking videos everyone saw came from my brother's ex wife who was there. Crazy amount of bullets unleashed in such a short time.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
marga86 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:

My point is that meth is illegal -- people who really wanna do it still get their hands on it.

Bombs are illegal, didnt stop the OKC bombing.

I think the problem is deeper than the availability of weapons.. but that's jut my opinion. Make em illegal for all i care, i still don't think it would change much.

This guy was basically giving the world the bird before his exit plan. I don't think he cared about violating any laws considering he was going to commit one final act before he offed himself. He had something like 19 firearms in his hotel room last I heard.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

Suspect's dad was a bank robber, on FBI's most wanted list.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19
Jump to: