Westbrook's Extension, Lower Salary Cap Bad News for Lakers' 2018 Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Cousins is the only target imo

I still have PG-13 as top target, but on a really quick trigger. At best, I give us a 10% shot at landing him, so I don't want to waste a lot of time on him. If he's not agreeing to sign by 12:00 p.m. on Day 1, then move on.

I've got Cousins in the Wave 2 list, but I'll still put Avery Bradley above him.

And in the not-max, but still-worth-a-look FA realm, I'm keeping my eye on Norman Powell. Defensive-minded, Swiss-Army knife type SG who is especially mature/ level-headed for a 2nd or 3d year player.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Cousins is the only target imo

I still have PG-13 as top target, but on a really quick trigger. At best, I give us a 10% shot at landing him, so I don't want to waste a lot of time on him. If he's not agreeing to sign by 12:00 p.m. on Day 1, then move on.

I've got Cousins in the Wave 2 list, but I'll still put Avery Bradley above him.

And in the not-max, but still-worth-a-look FA realm, I'm keeping my eye on Norman Powell. Defensive-minded, Swiss-Army knife type SG who is especially mature/ level-headed for a 2nd or 3d year player.

I'm just trying to anticipate what magic and pelinka are thinking based on the moves they have made so far. They seem to want a stretch 5 next to Lonzo so bad that they were willing to give up our most productive young talent in Russell for a guy who is expiring and at the end of his career. Meanwhile, cousins just happens to be a free agent at the exact time that brook expires.

Also, Ingram and Lonzo have been dubbed the faces of the franchise by magic, so I doubt they would clip their wings before even really giving them a shot at becoming stars.

Cousins
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Lonzo

Seems to be the way that they want to go. Maybe cousins and Avery Bradley might be the plan.

Cousins
Kuzma
Ingram
Bradley
Lonzo
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

If Cousins is the only max target worth the money you can resign KCP or Lopez along with Randle.

You could also trade for Cousins and get him this year if Pelicans decide they want to get some return.

Do not like Avery Bradley for the max.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
If Cousins is the only max target worth the money you can resign KCP or Lopez along with Randle.

You could also trade for Cousins and get him this year if Pelicans decide they want to get some return.

Do not like Avery Bradley for the max.

What makes you think that this FO would give up assets for Cousins? They have shown that they aren’t eager to move the assets they have.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Good Read Eric!!!
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I haven't gotten any sense the Lakers are that high on Cousins - the opposite really - but then it's unclear how they pivot if things don't go they way they initially hope.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject:

if they stretch deng and he signs with another team wouldn't the offset come of the first year creating more cap space
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

no
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

Eric, for those of us who were skeptical about the 2018 FA strategy from the beginning, that is a chilling article.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

not trying to be a buzzkill,
Bishop*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

I think a lot depends on how we play this year.

If Brook Lopez is able to carry this team into the playoffs, our fortunes will change. That will mean we can just sign one more max player along with Lopez and let the young guys grow.

If we are in the bottom 3rd then the FO got it all wrong with the Russell trade because that if not going to yield no benefits. I think a lot depends on how we do this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: