Who is responsible for this TEAM.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

So I take it the random negativity ban has been lifted?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

Well...Deng looked a lot better than last year. Lopez and Bogut haven't played yet. I mean we're not too sad if we lost to teams like Wolves and Nuggets as they are expected to be playoff teams. If we could beat these teams, that means we could be a playoff team but we're not. We're gonna win our 35 games this year, which would be an improvement over last year and then pray to God that PG13 joins us.

This is Magic's two-year plan. We have to wait until next year to how everything will pan out before coming to conclusions.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
after two measly pre-season games at that.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

i think the mod's are on PTO.

by the way, kuzma wasn't luck. they worked hard to scout him. don't be discrediting the laker scout's my man
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Honestly sick of the Lonzo magic Johnson hoopla already lol.

Magic Johnson wanted so bad to make a splash and put his stamp on the team and franchise by selecting his guy Lonzo ball.

It's annoying as hell how he's just talking him and Ingram up the whole time giving them unrealistic expectations.
While trading away our best player in Dangelo

Lonzo looked good next to JC caus it was someone else who could create and someone Lonzo could play off of.

You don't think having another guard that is a good shooter and playmake like Dangelo wouldn't have helped with Lonzo?

He traded Dangelo cause he said he needed a leader. He's supposedly the best leader of all time and he couldn't help Dangelo out with that? Better yet he talks Lonzo up all the time saying he make people better but yet he didn't think he can play with Dangelo.

And yeah we got rid of the mozgov contract. But for what? Magics dream of 2 max players is ridiculous and out of touch. No two max players gonna come here. They're in their primes and aren't gonna wait for these kids to grow up. But yet we had a guard that averaged 15&5 after two not so ideal situations in his first two years.

And I love kuzma/ but to think we couldn't have gotten him without the Dangelo trade is dumb.
No one pegged him as a first rounder. He would've definitely have been there when we picked 30th.

Lol sorry..I've had a bunch to drink and I miss Dangelo and I Jesus Christ I miss Mitch Kupchak and John black. Hate how magic wanted to make sure to wipe everyone out just because they were affiliated with Jim buss

Russell was here for two years, largely unimpressive and the team won 43 games in two seasons. People will complain about the trade when the Lakers lose, but remember, they sucked with Russell as well. Also, Lopez is a very good offensive player. Mozgov and Deng deals were the two of the most absurd contracts in recent NBA history and deservedly got Kupchak the door. Ball is a rookie with 2 preseason games. Ingram a second year guy.

Lakers aren't going to be a good team this year. Playoff talk is delusional if you believe that. It's another development year, they'll see what they have in the spring. Tanking is thankfully over for this year, and the Lakers will have the chance to be players in the free agent market next summer, which they had zero chance of without the Russell deal. And again, take away Lopez and insert Russell, this team is still garbage.

People need to get over summer league bs hype.

LOL sorry i was drunk last night.

I apologize for my russell want.

While I don't agree that the trade was necessary, I see why it could be beneficial.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

There has to be software somewhere that automates the whole process of posting knee-jerk reaction threads after lakers preseason games, actually I'm getting an idea here...
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

That was more for personal attacks against other posters, not criticisms of the players.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
TDRock wrote:

That was more for personal attacks against other posters, not criticisms of the players.

#Nope

LakerSanity wrote:
The purpose of this thread is to allow a place for posters to come when they just can't help themselves and need to vent about any single player, game, etc. This is the one place you just crap on whatever you want and you are safe. Still, don't attack each other and be civil to each other, but if you enter this thread, you do so at your own peril.

The ban was because every other thread was whining about something.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
TDRock wrote:

#Nope

LakerSanity wrote:
The purpose of this thread is to allow a place for posters to come when they just can't help themselves and need to vent about any single player, game, etc. This is the one place you just crap on whatever you want and you are safe. Still, don't attack each other and be civil to each other, but if you enter this thread, you do so at your own peril.

sorta like this one????
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

After last year and early on this year they look poorly coached. Lack cohesiveness and teamwork. Look lost on D. Falls back on the coach. Wondering why Luke gets a pass time and time again and Mike Brown, MDA and Byron got crucified on here.

That being said the OP has a great point. Luke doesn't have much to work with. Imo another long season on the horizon
Power Gasol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Lower your standards
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the media needs to stop predicting that one of our players is gonna break out

every time they do it , the player turns into a stinker
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Still can't believe we traded our best player in a salary dump.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Still can't believe we traded our best player in a salary dump.

Look at it this way: Even if Russell was our best player, we were so crappy that our best player wasn't all that good. I'm not sure that anyone on our roster last year will from this point forward ever be more than an average NBA player.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Maybe the media needs to stop predicting that one of our players is gonna break out

Magic didn't help matters by annointing BI as our go to guy, 20+ pt scorer.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Imagine jumping to conclusions after 2 PRESEASON games...

Harrison Barnes was the worst player in the NBA during last years preseason.

At least wait until our best player actually plays.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Magic didn't help matters by annointing BI as our go to guy, 20+ pt scorer.
Fact. Dudes talent evaluation is sus.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Imagine jumping to conclusions after 2 PRESEASON games...

Harrison Barnes was the worst player in the NBA during last years preseason.

At least wait until our best player actually plays.

Fair enough. But it's worked the other way too, if you recall the Mike Brown preseason Lakers. Looked like trash, and were still trash in the first games of the regular season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
TDRock wrote:

#Nope

LakerSanity wrote:

sorta like this one????

I would give anything if the moderators would place a ban on continued pointless negativity in game threads....not saying ban pointing out a bad play, or even calling out a player after a bad play.....but the handful of guys that invade the game threads and constantly make stupid remarks about Clarkson, Randle, and whoever they do not personally like...even when they are not on the court. It would make the game threads much more tolerable.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject:

The hatred towards Magic is moronic to say the least. Give the man a chance, then throw venom his way if or when he deserves it. So far (a long way to go before a real assessment can be made) he has done a good job. Fans who do not like him will always say he was lucky for good decisions and never give him the credit he deserves. We do have young building blocks, we will have a fun team to watch this year, and we will be competitive.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
The hatred towards Magic is moronic to say the least. Give the man a chance, then throw venom his way if or when he deserves it. So far (a long way to go before a real assessment can be made) he has done a good job. Fans who do not like him will always say he was lucky for good decisions and never give him the credit he deserves. We do have young building blocks, we will have a fun team to watch this year, and we will be competitive.

He has pretty big shoes to fill. After half a decade of Jim finally steering the boat after decades of success being hidden in the shadow of his credit stealing father and company; Magic isn't even allowed a full training camp because we expect more.

At least Jim had the decency to admit #hisprocess with silence. He knew we sucked, are sucking and were going to suck for years to come. Wore it like like a badge of honor. Like a man.

Meanwhile, Magic is intolerably trying to explain his vision and motivation behind decisions and raise the brand image with hope. There is no improvement to be made to the brand after Jim's hard work these last few years; it's ridiculous.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

He has pretty big shoes to fill. After half a decade of Jim finally steering the boat after decades of success being hidden in the shadow of his credit stealing father and company; Magic isn't even allowed a full training camp because we expect more.

At least Jim had the decency to admit #hisprocess with silence. He knew we sucked, are sucking and were going to suck for years to come. Wore it like like a badge of honor. Like a man.

Meanwhile, Magic is intolerably trying to explain his vision and motivation behind decisions and raise the brand image with hope. There is no improvement to be made to the brand after Jim's hard work these last few years; it's ridiculous.

MozDeng signings. Thanks Jim. Announcing the CP3 trade without talking to Jeanie first. Thanks Jim. No communication with Jeanine through out the years. Thanks Jim. Trying to trade DLO & Ingram at the trade for Cousins without Magic or Jeanie's consent. Thanks Jim. Held on to LouWill too long when we could have gotten a higher pick from Utah. Thanks Jim. Chaz the Bartender. Thanks Jim. Hostile takeover attempt. Thanks Jim. A decade behind on analytics. Thanks Jim. Department holes left and right (i.e. 1 international scout). Thanks Jim. Amazing free agent pitches. Thanks Jim.

Thanks Jim.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

This thread is incredibly premature on so many points.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

MozDeng signings. Thanks Jim. Announcing the CP3 trade without talking to Jeanie first. Thanks Jim. No communication with Jeanine through out the years. Thanks Jim. Trying to trade DLO & Ingram at the trade for Cousins without Magic or Jeanie's consent. Thanks Jim. Held on to LouWill too long when we could have gotten a higher pick from Utah. Thanks Jim. Chaz the Bartender. Thanks Jim. Hostile takeover attempt. Thanks Jim. A decade behind on analytics. Thanks Jim. Department holes left and right (i.e. 1 international scout). Thanks Jim. Amazing free agent pitches. Thanks Jim.

Thanks Jim.

Couldn't have said it better. Thank you Jim...good bye and good riddance.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

Well, it starts with Magic and Pelinka acquiring talent.

Then Luke and the coaching staff.

Then the players executing.

If you get worked up about how bad we are (and are going to be this season), you have unrealistic expectations for this team. Magic's plan is clear, and this season is a throw-away season when it comes to competing. He put together a roster of players who for the most part are not good defenders and can't shoot 3s (not blaming him since he inherited the roster, just facts). That's not a recipe for winning.

We'll see what happens next summer. If we strike-out next summer on the stars, pitchforks will be out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: