OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 514, 515, 516 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The reality may be that your hope truly should be put in our young talent developing instead of in a free agent to swoop in and change things overnight.

I definitely think we should hold onto the rooks and BI and look a few years down the line. I just want something to happen, not sure what.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
MJST wrote:
The reality may be that your hope truly should be put in our young talent developing instead of in a free agent to swoop in and change things overnight.

I definitely think we should hold onto the rooks and BI and look a few years down the line. I just want something to happen, not sure what.

I think we should hope for the FA and our young developing.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow.
WB was 11 rebs away from a 20/20/20 triple double? Lol.
Okc had 4 guys with 20+ points.
Klove only played 3 mins due to sickness.
No biggie.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Kinky didn’t and they went from 31 wins to probably 3rd seed. Traded for butler and spent the cap on veterans. That’s the blueprint. Get that vet Star via trade or FA and add to young 30 win core.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Kinky didn’t and they went from 31 wins to probably 3rd seed. Traded for butler and spent the cap on veterans. That’s the blueprint. Get that vet Star via trade or FA and add to young 30 win core.

There are indeed many ways to build a winner. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing strategy.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

is this a sex reference
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

is this a sex reference

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Lol. Minny.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

There are indeed many ways to build a winner. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing strategy.

Sure. But they are showing how 1 max level player and 2 vets (Teague and taj) chanted thjngs dramatically.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Sure. But they are showing how 1 max level player and 2 vets (Teague and taj) chanted thjngs dramatically.

We don't have anyone like Towns yet.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nope Kinky didn't and they still aren't going to win till golden State falls off and by the time they do, Butler will be gone and they'll wish they still had Lavine.

also as it stands, our team is a ways away from 31 wins and a piece away from the 3rd seed.

Also no one on this team is playing at a level like Towns yet.

When our team is a consistent 31-35 win looking team and got talent playing close to an all star level, then we can start looking at things like that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nope Kinky didn't and they still aren't going to win till golden State falls off and by the time they do, Butler will be gone and they'll wish they still had Lavine.

also as it stands, our team is a ways away from 31 wins and a piece away from the 3rd seed.

When our team is a consistent 31-35 win looking team and got talent playing close to an all star level, then we can start looking at things like that.

So will Barton will get us to the promise land. Gotcha. Kinky indeed.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

We don't have anyone like Towns yet.

That's fine. I'll take the combination of our young guys (Lonzo, BI, Kuz) overt Towns. Who's their second top young prospect? Tyus Jones...

Point stands. You add one top guy and solid players and we'll be back in the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

The only difference I see with Minnesota compared to LA is that they have been fortunate enough not to throw away games this year they have also been relatively injury free this year there only injury was to Teague and he came back in only like 3 games...

There vets have made sure they don’t go on a down slide that is the big thing with them.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I feel you. Some people however have their hearts set on riding every draft pick and young player for 10+ years while we may never get beyond fighting for a playoff spot, while others would prefer blowing up our young core for a few good years of superstars.

I prefer a mix of both.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I feel you. Some people however have their hearts set on riding every draft pick and young player for 10+ years while we may never get beyond fighting for a playoff spot, while others would prefer blowing up our young core for a few good years of superstars.

I prefer a mix of both.

Getting 2 max FA players likely means Lonzo/BI/Kuz/one of jc or jules/hart/nance/Bryant and nance remain. Is that not a sufficient mix?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I've heard this over and over, and it reeks of loser mentality. This is professional sports where anything can happen. Whose to say our young players don't make serious improvements while playing with a surefire all star and give GS some serious trouble? Heck the pups look like they can reach that level in a year or two, why would Butler leave that?

MJST wrote:

We are trending towards 30 something wins, are we gonna nitpick over a few games? We are basically in a position where we have a promising group that is looking like they have a solid chance at the playoffs next year, so we are in the same spot as the Wolves were last year essentially.

MJST wrote:

Ball/BI/Kuz have shown all star potentially and are on a clear trajectory upward, Ball especially is a dream teammate as many around the league have expressed. I'm not sure why you are so pessimistic about our group when we clearly are improving and putting ourselves in an attractive position for a star who wants to take us to that next level.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I prefer a mix of both.

Getting 2 max FA players likely means Lonzo/BI/Kuz/one of jc or jules/hart/nance/Bryant and nance remain. Is that not a sufficient mix?

I would be good with 1 max, but even with 2, hell yeah that is a good mix. If you had asked us at the beginning of the year would you give up one of JC,Jules, Hart, Nance, Bryant, or Nance for a chance at an All Star, I don't think it would be a difficult answer lol.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
tox wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Cavs have been awful off late. OKC themselves were in a slump before they started playing bad teams(Lakers, Kings). Even lost to Suns and Hornets before that. Let's see how good they are once they start playing in form teams.

There lack of depth will eventually catch up to them at some point and at that point I expect them to start losing games more regularly.

I want LeBron to suffer in Cleveland because I don't want that drama queen here.

Let's win 25 games instead

I can't see Lebron considering us without Cousins in place already. I know he ants to play with him.

huh? How do you know that?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson knows there is a good chance he gets traded, that’s why he said after the Pacers game that he’s gonna try to help the team win while he’s still wearing the uniform....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Clarkson knows there is a good chance he gets traded, that’s why he said after the Pacers game that he’s gonna try to help the team win while he’s still wearing the uniform....

Woj reported he desires to be traded
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep..... I do wonder who we will be trading him for, I could see Hood but then I can’t see a scenario were Jazz fans would be happy seeing there team deal with the Lakers...
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lol. Minny.

Minny is now Kinky
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lol. Minny.

Minny is now Kinky

When you think of Thibs.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep..... I do wonder who we will be trading him for, I could see Hood but then I can’t see a scenario were Jazz fans would be happy seeing there team deal with the Lakers...

We better land some free agents. Gonna look stupid giving Russell, Randle, Clarkson away and land no max guys. Then you're a lotto team again hoping to draft guys as good as Russell, Randle, Clarkson. LOL!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 514, 515, 516 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 515 of 2680
Jump to: