OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

So Wear, Weber and Blue waived.

ball/ennis/ Caruso
Kcp/Clarkson/ hart
Ingram/ Kuzma
Nance/ Randle/ Deng
Lopez/ zubac/ Bryant / Bogut

So Bogut will be IR and Caruso and Bryant to the G League ?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

There is no IR.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

So what’s the plan if PG and Lebron decide to stay with their loaded teams, sign Boogie Cousins and KCP to max contracts?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
So what’s the plan if PG and Lebron decide to stay with their loaded teams, sign Boogie Cousins and KCP to max contracts?

Ugh.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Ugh.

As of right now, I don't know if KCP gets any above MLE offers next summer...

Boogie is probably something we'd need to consider, but I think there's a good chance he gets traded midseason to a team that he agrees to stay with. (at least in principle)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

Magic said he wouldn't have made the deal he did if he didn't think he could use the money..

Let's see if he knows something we don't but Boogie seems to be the obvious choice along with maybe punting the rest of the space until 2019-- which makes the DLO trade completely purposeless.

If we don't sign to max guys, then this past summer was huge waste-- we would have had space for one max.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
There is no IR.

Inactive. Sorry.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

So since Richard Jefferson & Luke are boys does that mean he'll get the Chris Bosh tour when dumped by ATL? And what's up with ATL helping out the Cavs two seasons in a row?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
So since Richard Jefferson & Luke are boys does that mean he'll get the Chris Bosh tour when dumped by ATL? And what's up with ATL helping out the Cavs two seasons in a row?

I really don’t understand what is going on over there. I remember ATL helping the Pistons get Rasheed Wallace that let to their title run too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

reports are Milwaukee has been trying to move Rashad Vaughn for cap space, and attach a 2nd Round pick. I liked the guy in college...has not really got much run in Milwaukee...on a cheap rookie contract. If we had the cap space, I would be interested....6'6" SG who just turned 21....worth a flyer.

Quote:
Milwaukee has been working to trade several players to clear salary cap space, including guard Rashad Vaughn and center John Henson, league sources said. The Bucks have been willing to attach a second-round pick in offers for Vaughn recently, league sources said.

LINK
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/tmz_sports/status/919461775292055552
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

I think we would see the same thing Mitch and Jim did prior to the Mozgov/Deng signings. One year deals and tell us we're signing two max FAs in 2019.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Cousins is gonna get traded for sure, they are awful, they are losing badly to the Grizzlies,

I think we will pass the Pelicans, looks like there team is on the crisp of falling apart.

LOL. You are ridiculous. Besides the fact that you literally post stuff with out reading it, you post every individual person on reddit's thoughts and try to pass it off as news. It's such trash content being spread on boards where people actually contribute meaningful things, you share the tabloid rumors.

They say you're only as strong as your weakest link... I hope we can do better.

And it's on the CUSP, not on the crisp.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

I think we would see the same thing Mitch and Jim did prior to the Mozgov/Deng signings. One year deals and tell us we're signing two max FAs in 2019.

Yes, they might punt one more season and shoot for Klay & AD. Or attempt to trade for their expiring contracts and hope they sign an extention.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Ugh.

As of right now, I don't know if KCP gets any above MLE offers next summer...

Boogie is probably something we'd need to consider, but I think there's a good chance he gets traded midseason to a team that he agrees to stay with. (at least in principle)

Letdown or not, that's not a bad fallback. Hopefully Randle plays team ball on both ends and earns a 20M/yr deal with only a 12.5M hit. Give Clarkson away and keep KCP for the remainder leftover after Cousins. You're hoping your young core of Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle/Cousins develops together and KCP/Hart/Nance/Zubac develop as role players rounding out the 9 man rotation. I like KCP'''s defensive fit at 30mpg and maybe letting BI play some 2 in spurts.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Yes, they might punt one more season and shoot for Klay & AD. Or attempt to trade for their expiring contracts and hope they sign an extention.

One more season? All they've talked about is creating cap space and bringing in multiple stars. This is the plan. At the very least, they can use the Deng excuse until 2020. Based on what we've heard, I'd be shocked if anyone was signed past 2020 (when Deng and Clarkson expire). I think Magic and Pelinka will die on Cap Space Mountain before they change paths.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Would not be surprised for that trio to be our haul in July. Giving Paul a massive deal will take stones and deep pockets. If it doesn't work out in Houston CP has a fan in Magic. James would also probably sign off on that as his running mate. Wade comes in tow.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Would not be surprised for that trio to be our haul in July. Giving Paul a massive deal will take stones and deep pockets. If it doesn't work out in Houston CP has a fan in Magic. James would also probably sign off on that as his running mate. Wade comes in tow.

CP3 doesn't make sense now if we trying to develop our PG in Ball
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Wouldn’t be surprised?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

recently was listening to a segment on SiriusXM's NBA channel focused on how Jahlil Okafor has been overly criticized and basically being misused in Philly. A fantasy trade that could be beneficial to the Lakers long term....

Lakers get:
Jahlil Okafor
Justin Anderson

76'ers get:
Julius Randle
Jordan Clarkson

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7h4c9l9

Lakers do it because they get to take a flyer on an extremely talented offensive big man, and get a tough defensive minded wing player. Both under contract for 2 more years, and Lakers would have their Bird Rights.

Most importantly, they will both count for less than $7 Million against the 2018/19 cap, while shedding Clarkson's salary (and Randle's cap hold)....which I think puts them in close position to the 2 Max slots by stretching Deng.

Also clears the logjam at the #4....provides Kuzma more minutes, and Anderson could be a long term backup for BI.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

76'ers do it because Randle and Clarkson would be a nice bump to their bench. Randle may even be a long term fit as a more traditional #4 with their young core, while Clarkson would come off the books before they have to begin making large commitments to Simmons and Faulk. They are currently almost $20 Million under the cap which would allow them to take on the salary this season.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
recently was listening to a segment on SiriusXM's NBA channel focused on how Jahlil Okafor has been overly criticized and basically being misused in Philly. A fantasy trade that could be beneficial to the Lakers long term....

Lakers get:
Jahlil Okafor
Justin Anderson

76'ers get:
Julius Randle
Jordan Clarkson

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7h4c9l9

Lakers do it because they get to take a flyer on an extremely talented offensive big man, and get a tough defensive minded wing player. Both under contract for 2 more years, and Lakers would have their Bird Rights.

Most importantly, they will both count for less than $7 Million against the 2018/19 cap, while shedding Clarkson's salary (and Randle's cap hold)....which I think puts them in close position to the 2 Max slots by stretching Deng.

Also clears the logjam at the #4....provides Kuzma more minutes, and Anderson could be a long term backup for BI.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

76'ers do it because Randle and Clarkson would be a nice bump to their bench. Randle may even be a long term fit as a more traditional #4 with their young core, while Clarkson would come off the books before they have to begin making large commitments to Simmons and Faulk. They are currently almost $20 Million under the cap which would allow them to take on the salary this season.

This would bum me the hell out. Not destroying the logic of it or anything, but it would really bum me out.

I would take Julius Randle over Okafor 100 times out of 100. Plus I am really not interested in centers like Okafor... just feels like we're giving away Randle for nothing. Plus, sending him off to the Sixers of all places who are developing an awesome core of young talent... It would make me v sad
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
This would bum me the hell out. Not destroying the logic of it or anything, but it would really bum me out.

I would take Julius Randle over Okafor 100 times out of 100. Plus I am really not interested in centers like Okafor... just feels like we're giving away Randle for nothing. Plus, sending him off to the Sixers of all places who are developing an awesome core of young talent... It would make me v sad

definitely not a big win on the talents side...but with next years cap estimates decreasing....it is looking like we possibly may have to attach as asset to shed Clarkson while letting Randle simply walk if the FO is truly committed to the 2 Max plan.....at least this would give us 2 young assets with some value in return while opening up the needed space.

I am going to be much more sad if the FO gets desperate and attaches a future first to Clarkson, and just renounces rights to Randle while stretching Deng....just to clear the space.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wants okafor. If they did he would have been gone already.

Julius for Okafor is a joke even with with one more year of the rookie scale
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Nobody wants okafor. If they did he would have been gone already.

Julius for Okafor is a joke even with with one more year of the rookie scale

so you would prefer having to attach an asset to shed Clarkson, and simply letting Randle walk for nothing? That is very much a possible alternative. Before you begin calling things a joke, maybe you should first consider the strategy, salary cap limitations, and the actual FO's explicit goal...
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I like Randle a lot, but I’d have no problem trading him along with JC to dump some salary. But for something decent in return, definitely not for Okafor.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 7 of 2680
Jump to: