OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3981

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

Other then the title how is this thread going to be any different then the 10K pages already repeatedly generated on the "James watch" or "2 max" discussions that are in every thread already?

Thank you for trying to keep all the various speculations to one thread at least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92515
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Other then the title how is this thread going to be any different then the 10K pages already repeatedly generated on the "James watch" or "2 max" discussions that are in every thread already?

Thank you for trying to keep all the various speculations to one thread at least.


This is going to be a clearinghouse for all that.

I have done this thread for a few years now.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92515
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
There are a few teams with good players on contracts that end in 2019. They could potentially dump those players with a pick and become players in 2018 free agency.


Or they could just wait until 2019?
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
textbook
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 874

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:
Lonzo / Ennis
KCP / Wade / Hart
Ingram / Kuzma
Lebron / Nance
Lopez / Bogut / Bryant

Next Years Line Up


Hmm. Do you think LBJ would come without another bona fide star (and Wade/Brook/KCP aren't it).


Yes. This is my realistic expectation, not my hope. I figure KCP will have a good year and his reps will make it happen knowing Lebron is coming. Wade will have a decent year and follow Lebron to LA. Lopez will lead us in scoring and resign for little. I think it would be realistic to sprinkle in another couple vets perhaps. I really think OKC will do well and resign George. But we will see...
_________________
Ball / Rondo / AC / Bonga
KCP / Hart / Svi
Ingram / Lance / Wear
Lebron / Kuzma / Beasley / Deng
McGee / Wagner / Zubac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92515
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:
Lonzo / Ennis
KCP / Wade / Hart
Ingram / Kuzma
Lebron / Nance
Lopez / Bogut / Bryant

Next Years Line Up


Hmm. Do you think LBJ would come without another bona fide star (and Wade/Brook/KCP aren't it).


Yes. This is my realistic expectation, not my hope. I figure KCP will have a good year and his reps will make it happen knowing Lebron is coming. Wade will have a decent year and follow Lebron to LA. Lopez will lead us in scoring and resign for little. I think it would be realistic to sprinkle in another couple vets perhaps. I really think OKC will do well and resign George. But we will see...


That's not a terrible lineup. But it's also heavily relying on a very old Wade, LBJ/Brook. Would be a good Plan B I suppose.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 9632
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Im in the minority, but I still want Cousins.


I had him in the 2nd tier behind (a) PG-13, (b) LBJ, and (c) RW - but since I now rate our chances for those folks at (a) 10%, (b) 5%, and (c) snowball-in-hell, then I've got these guys moving up my list:

(d) Avery Bradley - great combo guard with legit 2-way game, coming into his prime years (26 y.o. now);

(e) Cousins - range, rebounding, and talent - but Luke REALLY has to reign him in;

(f) Zach Lavine - poor defensive skills, coming off knee injury, but can score from anywhere, not just a dunker;

(g) Norman Powell - versatile young defender, improving offensive game, Swiss Army knife SG with 6-10 wingspan; and

(h) Aaron Gordon - limited range, but athleticism for days and great in open-court and cutting to basket; only room if Deng and Nance or Randle are let go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
textbook
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 874

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:
Lonzo / Ennis
KCP / Wade / Hart
Ingram / Kuzma
Lebron / Nance
Lopez / Bogut / Bryant

Next Years Line Up


Hmm. Do you think LBJ would come without another bona fide star (and Wade/Brook/KCP aren't it).


Yes. This is my realistic expectation, not my hope. I figure KCP will have a good year and his reps will make it happen knowing Lebron is coming. Wade will have a decent year and follow Lebron to LA. Lopez will lead us in scoring and resign for little. I think it would be realistic to sprinkle in another couple vets perhaps. I really think OKC will do well and resign George. But we will see...


That's not a terrible lineup. But it's also heavily relying on a very old Wade, LBJ/Brook. Would be a good Plan B I suppose.


Again, being realistic. The past four years have all been about Plan G's. I'm not going to get my hopes up and trust next year our plan "a" pans out. It all sounds good, but i'll believe it when it happens. For now, I hope i'm wrong and a Cousins or George comes along with Lebron. However, I will say if KCP has a breakout year and Brook leads us in scoring, many people around here will gravitate to the loyalty factor and want them back. Add Lebron and a couple vets and I think they may be just as good.
_________________
Ball / Rondo / AC / Bonga
KCP / Hart / Svi
Ingram / Lance / Wear
Lebron / Kuzma / Beasley / Deng
McGee / Wagner / Zubac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127468
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
There are a few teams with good players on contracts that end in 2019. They could potentially dump those players with a pick and become players in 2018 free agency.


Or they could just wait until 2019?


Why wait if there are FAs they want next offseason?
_________________
Itís a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92515
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
There are a few teams with good players on contracts that end in 2019. They could potentially dump those players with a pick and become players in 2018 free agency.


Or they could just wait until 2019?


Why wait if there are FAs they want next offseason?


So what examples?
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Posts: 3209
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
27 wrote:
Im in the minority, but I still want Cousins.


I had him in the 2nd tier behind (a) PG-13, (b) LBJ, and (c) RW - but since I now rate our chances for those folks at (a) 10%, (b) 5%, and (c) snowball-in-hell, then I've got these guys moving up my list:

(d) Avery Bradley - great combo guard with legit 2-way game, coming into his prime years (26 y.o. now);

(e) Cousins - range, rebounding, and talent - but Luke REALLY has to reign him in;

(f) Zach Lavine - poor defensive skills, coming off knee injury, but can score from anywhere, not just a dunker;

(g) Norman Powell - versatile young defender, improving offensive game, Swiss Army knife SG with 6-10 wingspan; and

(h) Aaron Gordon - limited range, but athleticism for days and great in open-court and cutting to basket; only room if Deng and Nance or Randle are let go.


Thats a fair an rational way to look at and approach. If we can get one of any of LBJ/PG/Cousins, i'd be ecstatic. get two of those three and i'll need to take a xanax to calm down.
_________________
r27

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hm-legal-group-glendale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127468
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
27 wrote:
Im in the minority, but I still want Cousins.


I had him in the 2nd tier behind (a) PG-13, (b) LBJ, and (c) RW - but since I now rate our chances for those folks at (a) 10%, (b) 5%, and (c) snowball-in-hell, then I've got these guys moving up my list:

(d) Avery Bradley - great combo guard with legit 2-way game, coming into his prime years (26 y.o. now);

(e) Cousins - range, rebounding, and talent - but Luke REALLY has to reign him in;

(f) Zach Lavine - poor defensive skills, coming off knee injury, but can score from anywhere, not just a dunker;

(g) Norman Powell - versatile young defender, improving offensive game, Swiss Army knife SG with 6-10 wingspan; and

(h) Aaron Gordon - limited range, but athleticism for days and great in open-court and cutting to basket; only room if Deng and Nance or Randle are let go.


I like the idea of Powell and will wait and see on Cousins. The reports of work he put in this offseason are promising. Pass on the rest.
_________________
Itís a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92515
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
27 wrote:
Im in the minority, but I still want Cousins.


I had him in the 2nd tier behind (a) PG-13, (b) LBJ, and (c) RW - but since I now rate our chances for those folks at (a) 10%, (b) 5%, and (c) snowball-in-hell, then I've got these guys moving up my list:

(d) Avery Bradley - great combo guard with legit 2-way game, coming into his prime years (26 y.o. now);

(e) Cousins - range, rebounding, and talent - but Luke REALLY has to reign him in;

(f) Zach Lavine - poor defensive skills, coming off knee injury, but can score from anywhere, not just a dunker;

(g) Norman Powell - versatile young defender, improving offensive game, Swiss Army knife SG with 6-10 wingspan; and

(h) Aaron Gordon - limited range, but athleticism for days and great in open-court and cutting to basket; only room if Deng and Nance or Randle are let go.



RFAs are a waste of time IMO. Lavine is coming off a major injury too and is a horrific defender and inefficient chucker.

Powell is interesting b/c the Raptors are spending a lot of $ on their guys.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3894

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

IMO, the most likely scenario is Clarkson and Randle will be traded this season and Deng will be stretched after the season. Lakers should be proactive and trade Clarkson and Randle whenever they feel there stock reaches their highest point. We actually might have to attach Randle, just to be able to dump Clarkson, but maybe we could get a much needed pure shooter in the process?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1036

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
IMO, the most likely scenario is Clarkson and Randle will be traded this season and Deng will be stretched after the season. Lakers should be proactive and trade Clarkson and Randle whenever they feel there stock reaches their highest point. We actually might have to attach Randle, just to be able to dump Clarkson, but maybe we could get a much needed pure shooter in the process?


Dallas could be a good option. Home state for both jordan and julius and theyre not signing anybody
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5737

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
IMO, the most likely scenario is Clarkson and Randle will be traded this season and Deng will be stretched after the season. Lakers should be proactive and trade Clarkson and Randle whenever they feel there stock reaches their highest point. We actually might have to attach Randle, just to be able to dump Clarkson, but maybe we could get a much needed pure shooter in the process?



Pure shooters tend to be in high demand provided they are at least decent in other areas of the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127468
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
There are a few teams with good players on contracts that end in 2019. They could potentially dump those players with a pick and become players in 2018 free agency.


Or they could just wait until 2019?


Why wait if there are FAs they want next offseason?


So what examples?


I am thinking of the Spurs to target players like PG and maybe Cousins. They have $55 mil guaranteed for 2018. And unlike Deng, I could see teams wanting LMA and Green. Not so much Gay. If we strike out I would gladly take Green for $10 mil for one season.
_________________
Itís a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127468
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
IMO, the most likely scenario is Clarkson and Randle will be traded this season and Deng will be stretched after the season. Lakers should be proactive and trade Clarkson and Randle whenever they feel there stock reaches their highest point. We actually might have to attach Randle, just to be able to dump Clarkson, but maybe we could get a much needed pure shooter in the process?


So a team wants $30+ mil in JC and Randle? Maybe if they can unload a bad contract on us.
_________________
Itís a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1975

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

If Randle plays well this year do you think we try and trade him for future picks - if we expect to let him walk in Summer?

Or do we hold onto him incase we don't land a star.
_________________
24
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8758

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
27 wrote:
Im in the minority, but I still want Cousins.


I had him in the 2nd tier behind (a) PG-13, (b) LBJ, and (c) RW - but since I now rate our chances for those folks at (a) 10%, (b) 5%, and (c) snowball-in-hell, then I've got these guys moving up my list:

(d) Avery Bradley - great combo guard with legit 2-way game, coming into his prime years (26 y.o. now);

(e) Cousins - range, rebounding, and talent - but Luke REALLY has to reign him in;

(f) Zach Lavine - poor defensive skills, coming off knee injury, but can score from anywhere, not just a dunker;

(g) Norman Powell - versatile young defender, improving offensive game, Swiss Army knife SG with 6-10 wingspan; and

(h) Aaron Gordon - limited range, but athleticism for days and great in open-court and cutting to basket; only room if Deng and Nance or Randle are let go.


Interesting, as for SG (I think Lavine would be matched by Bulls, I mean they gave up Jimmy B for him)... but Avery vs KCP vs $12mil JC, obviously Avery at top of list but for how much more?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3894

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
IMO, the most likely scenario is Clarkson and Randle will be traded this season and Deng will be stretched after the season. Lakers should be proactive and trade Clarkson and Randle whenever they feel there stock reaches their highest point. We actually might have to attach Randle, just to be able to dump Clarkson, but maybe we could get a much needed pure shooter in the process?



Pure shooters tend to be in high demand provided they are at least decent in other areas of the game.
Well, if the goal is to try and free up as much space possible, i could see the Lakers doing something like this:

Lakers get: Joe Johnson and Raul Neto

Jazz get: Randle and Clarkson

Though Johnson is not a pure shooter, he is sill a very good shooter. He is very old, but he is still effective. He shot 41% from three last season and he is an expiring contract. Neto is salary cap filler, but might be a decent option at back up point guard. The Jazz couldd use an upgrade at power forward and some scoring off the bench.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1036

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

I'll take Cousins this summer. and worry about getting a second guy the next few summers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5737

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
IMO, the most likely scenario is Clarkson and Randle will be traded this season and Deng will be stretched after the season. Lakers should be proactive and trade Clarkson and Randle whenever they feel there stock reaches their highest point. We actually might have to attach Randle, just to be able to dump Clarkson, but maybe we could get a much needed pure shooter in the process?



Pure shooters tend to be in high demand provided they are at least decent in other areas of the game.
Well, if the goal is to try and free up as much space possible, i could see the Lakers doing something like this:

Lakers get: Joe Johnson and Raul Neto

Jazz get: Randle and Clarkson

Though Johnson is not a pure shooter, he is sill a very good shooter. He is very old, but he is still effective. He shot 41% from three last season and he is an expiring contract. Neto is salary cap filler, but might be a decent option at back up point guard. The Jazz couldd use an upgrade at power forward and some scoring off the bench.



Utah would have some overlap with both Clarkson and Burks as fully paid players coming off the bench. They already have Hood and Favors needing new contracts, so would they want Randle as another player needing a new contract?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22514

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Thank Yimo.
I was waiting for that other thread to die.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 5179

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I'll take Cousins this summer. and worry about getting a second guy the next few summers.


Iíd be really happy if we could get Cousins and Klay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92515
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Thank Yimo.
I was waiting for that other thread to die.


I usually wait until training camp is over. Was a bit late. Should be an interesting thread.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2 of 2680
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB