OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Golliver goes to a lot of Laker games and does good work. I'm not dissing him at all. If you listened to the podcast, he was pretty dismissive of the idea, saying it was based on like "6 ifs" in the first paragraph.

But this is content that editors will slap a big "OMG ANTHONY DAVIS TO THE LAKERS?!?!?" on for the #clicks.

Yep. First reply from Golliver.
Anyone who read it would get the feeling that he had to play dumb to entertain the idea.

actually, his line about "My first reaction would be there’s like six ifs in one paragraph" was silly.....the whole premise is built upon if the Lakers sign Lebron and George....that's it. There is an argument that they would be able to put together the best package to acquire Davis. It is right there in front of you.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
.@Yg_Trece is a popular guy today ❤️ #ValentinesDay https://t.co/hYGh7CsjcW
https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/963789940935946242

This is gold!

Hahaha. Awesome.
And creepy at the same time.

Last edited by epak on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo
PG
BI
Randle
Lopez

IT
Hart
KCP
Koozy
Frye

Is that a playoff squad? I'm not convinced. It will really depend on development.

Just adding PG alone makes this a playoff team. Adding IT (healthy) we'll be top 5 in the west.

Sign another max in 2019 and you are top 2/3 team (final seeding depends if we sign Kawahi)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Why are you guys complaining about MJST's text....you poked the bear. You have to know who your dealing with and their methods....

for example, when you debate yinoma, you have to be aware that as soon as he feels like he is on soft ground, he is going to move the goal posts....and if you do not catch it, within a few posts, he has turned the debate into something totally different and has positioned you on the side of stupidity.

another example....when you go at Omar.....he is going to poke and prod you.....then dissect every syllable that you type.....pick little parts of it away until it is now so foggy, nobody even notices the primary point you tried to make.

go at MJST.....he will bury you in text....and before long, you will get tired and weaken.

My man here has it it all figured out.

LOL. This coming from a poster...I'm not going to go there.

so lg humor ...

I did not get it the first time....is this an "inside joke"?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
.@Yg_Trece is a popular guy today ❤️ #ValentinesDay https://t.co/hYGh7CsjcW
https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/963789940935946242

This is gold!

haha thats pretty cool
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Holy (bleep)! Holy (bleep)! Holy (bleep)!

It is clear now who is the Lonzo's player comp....

Lonzo Ball - 6'6" - 185 lb. - PG - 20 Years Old (rookie)
Elfrid Payton - 6'4" - 190 lb. - PG - 20 Years Old (rookie)

Rookie Season - Per 36

Ball - 10.8 PPG / 7.6 RPG / 7.5 APG / 1.6 SPG / 2.9 TOV | .356 FG% | .303 3FG% | .436 TS% | Off. Rtg. - 95 | Def. Rtg. - 105 | VORP - 0.9 | PER - 12.2

EPat - 10.6 PPG / 5.0 RPG / 7.7 APG / 2.1 SPG / 2.9 TOV | .425 FG% | .262 3FG% | .456 TS% | Off. Rtg. - 97 | Def. Rtg. - 107 | VORP - 0.8 | PER - 13.8

Remarkable!

EPat in his 4th year.....Per 36 is in alignment with what many would expect from Ball in a few years.

EPat - 16.9 PPG / 5.1 RPG / 7.9 APG / 1.7 SPG / 3.3 TOV | .526 FG% | .380 3FG% | .571 TS% | Off. Rtg. - 110 | Def. Rtg. - 111 | VORP - 1.1 | PER - 18.5

I feel this belongs in the Lonzo thread.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks for the post from Larry. The way he puts it we need to take Lebron off the list. I would go for PG, resign Randle for starters. Maybe bring back Brook KCP or IT. Save enough cap space for 1 max in 2019.

agreed,that to me is the best way forward. The young core is really starting to bloom, add PG13 and we are a playoff team next year. In 2019 we can add another max, maybe Klay.

By my math, only way possible for that plan unless Randle signs for dirt cheap would be to unload Deng in a straight deal, which would cost picks or a young player.

Trading Deng in the summer of 2019 would be a lot easier. Maybe it would take our 2019 1st rounder alone.

Lakers aren't dragging him along for another year in purgatory
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Holy (bleep)! Holy (bleep)! Holy (bleep)!

It is clear now who is the Lonzo's player comp....

Lonzo Ball - 6'6" - 185 lb. - PG - 20 Years Old (rookie)
Elfrid Payton - 6'4" - 190 lb. - PG - 20 Years Old (rookie)

Rookie Season - Per 36

Ball - 10.8 PPG / 7.6 RPG / 7.5 APG / 1.6 SPG / 2.9 TOV | .356 FG% | .303 3FG% | .436 TS% | Off. Rtg. - 95 | Def. Rtg. - 105 | VORP - 0.9 | PER - 12.2

EPat - 10.6 PPG / 5.0 RPG / 7.7 APG / 2.1 SPG / 2.9 TOV | .425 FG% | .262 3FG% | .456 TS% | Off. Rtg. - 97 | Def. Rtg. - 107 | VORP - 0.8 | PER - 13.8

Remarkable!

EPat in his 4th year.....Per 36 is in alignment with what many would expect from Ball in a few years.

EPat - 16.9 PPG / 5.1 RPG / 7.9 APG / 1.7 SPG / 3.3 TOV | .526 FG% | .380 3FG% | .571 TS% | Off. Rtg. - 110 | Def. Rtg. - 111 | VORP - 1.1 | PER - 18.5

I feel this belongs in the Lonzo thread.

maybe....but the pages of discussion about Payton is what caused be to notice the similarity....and plus, you know if it goes in that thread....the usual "Lonzo hater" bs will try to deflect from the comparison....it's already pulling some of those guys into this thread.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks for the post from Larry. The way he puts it we need to take Lebron off the list. I would go for PG, resign Randle for starters. Maybe bring back Brook KCP or IT. Save enough cap space for 1 max in 2019.

agreed,that to me is the best way forward. The young core is really starting to bloom, add PG13 and we are a playoff team next year. In 2019 we can add another max, maybe Klay.

By my math, only way possible for that plan unless Randle signs for dirt cheap would be to unload Deng in a straight deal, which would cost picks or a young player.

Trading Deng in the summer of 2019 would be a lot easier. Maybe it would take our 2019 1st rounder alone.

Lakers aren't dragging him along for another year in purgatory

We don't have to drag him anywhere. He can stay at home and get fat for all we care. We are not stretching him this off season if there's no need to.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo
PG
BI
Randle
Lopez

IT
Hart
KCP
Koozy
Frye

Is that a playoff squad? I'm not convinced. It will really depend on development.

Just adding PG alone makes this a playoff team. Adding IT (healthy) we'll be top 5 in the west.

Sign another max in 2019 and you are top 2/3 team (final seeding depends if we sign Kawahi)

I think even haters would admit that team makes the playoffs.

Man some of you have low expectations...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Why are you guys complaining about MJST's text....you poked the bear. You have to know who your dealing with and their methods....

for example, when you debate yinoma, you have to be aware that as soon as he feels like he is on soft ground, he is going to move the goal posts....and if you do not catch it, within a few posts, he has turned the debate into something totally different and has positioned you on the side of stupidity.

another example....when you go at Omar.....he is going to poke and prod you.....then dissect every syllable that you type.....pick little parts of it away until it is now so foggy, nobody even notices the primary point you tried to make.

go at MJST.....he will bury you in text....and before long, you will get tired and weaken.

PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo
PG
BI
Randle
Lopez

IT
Hart
KCP
Koozy
Frye

With Kawhi and PG? Of course. But with the team I outlined earlier I'm not sure. If Lonzo can stay healthy and keeps improving + BI takes another step + IT regains his form then sure. But without knowing those things I think that squad is in the 7-10 range.

Last edited by PHILosophize on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Make no mistake though, there's a 100% chance that Anthony Davis gets linked to the Lakers time and time again over the next few years, because clicks.

If you look at basketball media through the lens of "what stories will generate the most interest" rather than "what is the truth" then everything makes a lot more sense. If it doesn't come from Ramona, Woj, Shams, or a couple of other people, it's probably not that well sourced.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

GT what's your opinion on whether we are a playoff team with the same roster + PG?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

yinoma seemed offended....I thought it was high praise for his debating skills?

another one...epak - he will not usually take a strong stand against you....but will respond with questions...often of the passive aggressive type...but still simple questions on the surface. Then there is the dilemma...if you know exactly what he is doing, and respond rudely, you look like an ass.....but if you play along and provide answers, he will just follow up with more questions. This will continue until you disengage or look like an ass by not answering his "simple & honest" questions.

Tell me I am wrong it works....I have yet to find a way to defeat it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Sooo give up our entire young core for Anthony Davis and then ask him to be Chris Bosh?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
GT what's your opinion on whether we are a playoff team with the same roster + PG?

I think this is a playoff team with PG + IT and the kids, yeah.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

another one...epak - he will not usually take a strong stand against you....but will respond with questions...often of the passive aggressive type...but still simple questions on the surface. Then there is the dilemma...if you know exactly what he is doing, and respond rudely, you look like an ass.....but if you play along and provide answers, he will just follow up with more questions. This will continue until you disengage or look like an ass by not answering his "simple & honest" questions.

genius
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:
he is going to move the goal posts....and if you do not catch it, within a few posts, he has turned the debate into something totally different and has positioned you on the

This is like you "praising" Lonzo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

genius

One day Adkindo. One day!
But till then... what is your favorite part about EPayton's game?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

genius

BVH used to be tough also...high IQ debater....very skilled....but something snapped in him recently.....he now does not even bother and will tell you to F**k off.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo
PG
BI
Randle
Lopez

IT
Hart
KCP
Koozy
Frye

With Kawhi and PG? Of course. But with the team I outlined earlier I'm not sure. If Lonzo can stay healthy and keeps improving + BI takes another step + IT regains his form then sure. But without knowing those things I think that squad is in the 7-10 range.

There are health/chemistry variables involved but I'd say we'd have a decent chance making it even without PG or IT... you add PG it puts us into mid playoff rungs... you add a happy IT and a rim protector then you are looking at a dark horse contender. We already are a .500 team if you take away Lonzo's injury issues. It's telling that we can beat most good teams (the last hurdle we need to overcome is Minny) but lose to terrible teams... a lot will come from the maturing of the youngsters as well as our young coach.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

genius

Does LG's Prodigal Son return tomorrow? Vanished Lakers Fan. Right after the biggest trade of the year!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

genius

BVH used to be tough also...high IQ debater....very skilled....but something snapped in him recently.....he now does not even bother and will tell you to F**k off.

Exactly.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1031 of 2680
Jump to: