OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1105, 1106, 1107 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Plot twist:
-Warriors get blown out in the conference finals
-Thunder lose 1st round

Durant & PG join the Lakers

Ball
Ingram
George
Kuzma
Durant

#RIPNBA
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs learned from the Isaiah Thomas saga. If they think that they need to move Kawhi, it makes sense to hold him out for the rest of the year instead of making him play "hurt" and harming his trade value. If they move him in the offseason, he'll be "healthy" after sitting out for a full year and they can demand a king's ransom.

I also wouldn't let him hold the organization over a barrel by only demanding a trade with the Lakers. Whoever trades for him will be able to offer a supermax extension (unless I'm wrong about this) and very few players have turned down that guaranteed $30 million.

I'd trade him, Pau Gasol and Danny Green to Washington for Bradley Beal, Otto Porter and a first-round pick. The Wizards get to split up the Wall/Beal relationship and the Spurs get an All-Star shooting guard, an athletic 3-and-D guy and a first rounder.

Quote:
Kawhi to Lakers. I know Cyber insinuated this a while back back but Randle/Ingram/Picks/Etc. for him would be too hard to pass up (that's if they want to offer that). I don't think Wizards would part with Beal AND Porter. Beal/other players/picks might be able to do it.

Bottomline, Kawhi wanting a potential move changes the landscape for the team who trades for him (no evidence to support this claim though but if it happened...). He's a superstar, not the Harden type but he's got tremendous value (albeit, with this injury or not). Spurs will get a Kings ransom for him.

From Clutch fans. PG, LeBron, Kawhi have all been rumored with the Lakers, not all of it is true, but when there is smoke, there is fire. If the Lakers do trade for Kawhi, than you would have to trade BI unfortunately, but if you want a top 5 player in the league, you have to go all in, even if that means trading Kuzma as well. Not getting my hopes up at all, but the ultimate pipe dream is Bron & PG taking less money to team up and trading for Kawhi, now that is the team that would be better than the Warriors. Worst case, Lakers sign nobody and Maginka get laughed at by everybody, but the confidence they are showing makes it like they have something in the bag already ahead of free agency this summer.

The Spurs did the same thing with Duncan. They are reputed to have the best medical staff in the league.

Yup, Duncan looked completely washed up in the 2011 playoffs, but able to rebound. Their medical staff is also why Parker & Ginobli have been able to have long careers as well. Kawhi going against the Spurs medical staff's wishes is a red flag, especially for someone that has never played a full season in his career so far. Most of the players the Spurs have traded or let go in free agency has never worked out on other teams. If he does get traded, Kawhi might be one of the most accomplished players in recent history entering their primes to get traded along with Kyrie, and Kawhi at his peak is an even better player than Kyrie.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

The Spur medical team were the ones who shut Leonard down. As long as there is soreness they aren’t going to ask him to play on it. The quad supports two joints, the hip and the knee. Letting it heal is the right call. Leonard is frustrated that old man Parker came back from a similar injury but his was the patella and fixed with surgery. From the report released by the Spurs, it could me a relatively minor quad injury or it can be degenerative.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs learned from the Isaiah Thomas saga. If they think that they need to move Kawhi, it makes sense to hold him out for the rest of the year instead of making him play "hurt" and harming his trade value. If they move him in the offseason, he'll be "healthy" after sitting out for a full year and they can demand a king's ransom.

I also wouldn't let him hold the organization over a barrel by only demanding a trade with the Lakers. Whoever trades for him will be able to offer a supermax extension (unless I'm wrong about this) and very few players have turned down that guaranteed $30 million.

I'd trade him, Pau Gasol and Danny Green to Washington for Bradley Beal, Otto Porter and a first-round pick. The Wizards get to split up the Wall/Beal relationship and the Spurs get an All-Star shooting guard, an athletic 3-and-D guy and a first rounder.

Quote:
Kawhi to Lakers. I know Cyber insinuated this a while back back but Randle/Ingram/Picks/Etc. for him would be too hard to pass up (that's if they want to offer that). I don't think Wizards would part with Beal AND Porter. Beal/other players/picks might be able to do it.

Bottomline, Kawhi wanting a potential move changes the landscape for the team who trades for him (no evidence to support this claim though but if it happened...). He's a superstar, not the Harden type but he's got tremendous value (albeit, with this injury or not). Spurs will get a Kings ransom for him.

From Clutch fans. PG, LeBron, Kawhi have all been rumored with the Lakers, not all of it is true, but when there is smoke, there is fire. If the Lakers do trade for Kawhi, than you would have to trade BI unfortunately, but if you want a top 5 player in the league, you have to go all in, even if that means trading Kuzma as well. Not getting my hopes up at all, but the ultimate pipe dream is Bron & PG taking less money to team up and trading for Kawhi, now that is the team that would be better than the Warriors. Worst case, Lakers sign nobody and Maginka get laughed at by everybody, but the confidence they are showing makes it like they have something in the bag already ahead of free agency this summer.

The Spurs did the same thing with Duncan. They are reputed to have the best medical staff in the league.

Yup, Duncan looked completely washed up in the 2011 playoffs, but able to rebound. Their medical staff is also why Parker & Ginobli have been able to have long careers as well. Kawhi going against the Spurs medical staff's wishes is a red flag, especially for someone that has never played a full season in his career so far. Most of the players the Spurs have traded or let go in free agency has never worked out on other teams. If he does get traded, Kawhi might be one of the most accomplished players in recent history entering their primes to get traded along with Kyrie, and Kawhi at his peak is an even better player than Kyrie.

Even great medical staffs are capable of getting something wrong. It's possible that they made a mistake with this injury, and that he's upset. As I've stated, my working theory is that he's not going to play again for them until the supermax offer is put in front of him. He's going to take the full time off to make sure the injury is recovered, and isn't going to risk anything further this season. If the Spurs are upset with that and don't want to give him the supermax, then the two sides are headed for a divorce IMO.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Spur medical team were the ones who shut Leonard down. As long as there is soreness they aren’t going to ask him to play on it. The quad supports two joints, the hip and the knee. Letting it heal is the right call. Leonard is frustrated that old man Parker came back from a similar injury but his was the patella and fixed with surgery. From the report released by the Spurs, it could me a relatively minor quad injury or it can be degenerative.

But then why leak a report that he's been medically cleared to play? "Long cleared", in fact? There is some acrimony between the two sides and it's not just a made-up thing. I do think the odds are that he stays there, but there is some smoke here.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

But then why leak a report that he's been medically cleared to play? "Long cleared", in fact? There is some acrimony between the two sides and it's not just a made-up thing. I do think the odds are that he stays there, but there is some smoke here.

Exactly. The Spurs medical team cleared him in December. He is the one choosing to sit out, getting 2nd opinion and then it’s up to him if he comes back this season or not...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

spurs medical staff has cleared him in december.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

The spurs held Duncan out when he wanted to play.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Plot twist:
-Thunder lose 1st round

Ball
Ingram
George
Kuzma
Durant

#RIPNBA

How bout

LeBron/PG... KD/Steph
Lonzo... Draymond
BI/Kuzma... Klay
Randle/Hart/?Lopez... Iguodala/Livingston

Close?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Plot twist:
-Thunder lose 1st round

Ball
Ingram
George
Kuzma
Durant

#RIPNBA

How bout

LeBron/PG... KD/Steph
Lonzo... Draymond
BI/Kuzma... Klay
Randle/Hart/?Lopez... Iguodala/Livingston

Close?

I don’t like LeBron.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Thunder losing to the Kings

I swear if the Thunder miss the playoffs. What excuses does PG have to stay
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Wow, they were up 44-21 after 1, also. Looks like it's coming down to the wire.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

^
Westbrook with the long dagger. They win.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Westbrook with the long dagger. They win.

FU Queens.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

OKC getting ousted by a Kawhi-less Spurs in the 1st round would cement PG13 coming.. hell any 1st round loss.. but that would be hilarious
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
OKC getting ousted by a Kawhi-less Spurs in the 1st round would cement PG13 coming.. hell any 1st round loss.. but that would be hilarious

Honestly, we just have to root for them finishing no better than 5th seed(which is probably a favorable bet) meaning they play the Warriors, Rockets, or Spurs and we're in good shape.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

They should first focus on making the playoffs instead of making reservations about the 1st round opponent, they are one little mini losing streak from being in danger of missing the playoffs
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

They should first focus on making the playoffs instead of making reservations about the 1st round opponent, they are one little mini losing streak from being in danger of missing the playoffs

Amen they have a tough schedule coming up
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Amen they have a tough schedule coming up

That's true, but it's also accurate to say that it wouldn't take much for them to finish 3rd, particularly if Kawhi doesn't come back. It's that crowded in the standings.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Yo my phone auto correcting things is angering me. Can't even say "and" without the Holy Ghost correcting what I say
Anyway...I wish the playoffs were on already! I must know my Paul George fate!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

The Thunder are somehow only good when they play the Warriors. I'm not sure how anybody can have faith in them suddenly turning it on in the playoffs, given their overall trash play against most other teams. But I definitely don't want to see them fall to #7 or 8 and end up playing the Warriors in the first round, give them a great series, and then PG goes into the summer with hope for the future...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Wizards beat the Cavaliers

Clippers lost to the Warriors

Thunder beat the Kings
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The Thunder are somehow only good when they play the Warriors. I'm not sure how anybody can have faith in them suddenly turning it on in the playoffs, given their overall trash play against most other teams. But I definitely don't want to see them fall to #7 or 8 and end up playing the Warriors in the first round, give them a great series, and then PG goes into the summer with hope for the future...

The Roberson injury is really hurting their team. He was bad offensively, but such a great defender that at least they had some type of presence out there with him. Now the defense has clearly taken a step back, and it doesn't matter if Donovan gives minutes to Ferguson, Abrines, or Huestis, as they are all playing terrible. I could see them winning one playoff round in the right matchup for sure, but I don't see how they handle the amazing offenses of Golden State or Houston in the second round, not in a 7-game series.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

it could cement George leaving OKC.

But just because he left OKC wouldn't automatically mean he'd be coming to the Lakers.

Depends what Houston, Washington, Boston, Cleveland, etc does as well.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

You jinxed it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1105, 1106, 1107 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1106 of 2680
Jump to: