OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1106, 1107, 1108 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject:

Woj, on the Kawhi/Spurs relationship right now, as a guest on the Golic & Wingo show: "It's bad."

Summary of what he said:

--the injury and rehab of the quad injury has taken on a life of its own

--there's a disconnect between he and the team with communication

--Pop's comments about "I'll be surprised if he gets back this year" were for "an audience of one", obviously meaning for Kawhi, Woj says he was told

--he noted that Pop had some issues with LMA that had to be ironed out last offseason
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Thunder losing to the Kings

I swear if the Thunder miss the playoffs. What excuses does PG have to stay

You jinxed it.

The Thunder are the most inconsistent team in the League. They have the talent to beat anyone, on any given night but, are not consistent enough to beat anyone in a 7 game series. If they make it, they will be out of the playoffs in the first round, no matter who they play.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

^^^I disagree....I think the playoffs is where they will become extremely dangerous.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^I disagree....I think the playoffs is where they will become extremely dangerous.

I don't. When I watch them play, I see a team with names. I don't see a team. Westbrook still tries to do too much and Melo's offensive production goes up and down. Outside of PG, they are not a good defensive team and I never liked the fit of their pieces from day one. They are gonna go down hard.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I don't. When I watch them play, I see a team with names. I don't see a team. Westbrook still tries to do too much and Melo's offensive production goes up and down. Outside of PG, they are not a good defensive team and I never liked the fit of their pieces from day one. They are gonna go down hard.

in the West, they are 4th in Defensive Rating and 4th in Net Rating....they have been better than you suggest....they have a big and meaningful game @ Golden State this weekend.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
in the West, they are 4th in Defensive Rating and 4th in Net Rating....they have been better than you suggest....they have a big and meaningful game @ Golden State this weekend.

Since Roberson's injury, they are 17th in defensive efficiency...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
adkindo wrote:

where do you pull that number?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I got my popcorn ready for that one!
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

Come playoffs, Melo's legs are going to be shot. You can actually see him slowing down defensively as the season progresses. He is a shadow of what he was and is all name and no substance. He is at a career lows in steals, assists, FT %, and FG %. His rebounding is at his 2nd lowest in his career. Westbrook has curtailed his game to accommodate Anthony, which is hurting the team. I am waiting for Billy D to say fuuoock Melo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Interesting. Though not sure how "meaningful" a game in February is for the Warriors. They seem to be on cruise control. I'd bet that they play much more intensely in June than February. I can see OKC trying to go all out though.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

I'm back on the Boogie Bandwagon. I understand he has a Achilles injury but his game was never that type of game that relied on jumping high etc... I expect NO will try to go under the max now we can offer max numbers for two years. Test him out.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
adkindo wrote:

http://on.nba.com/2A6K0XZ

This is the number for the last 10 games (the number of games the Thunder played since his injury), so during that span they are 17th. Their def rating is 108.0 in that span. If you look at def ratings for all the season, with that number they would be 24th (http://on.nba.com/2hAItOp). Whatever number you want to use, 108.0 is bad, but that's not really surprising, he's a DPOY candidate. What's funny is that their Offensive efficiency is exactly the same since the injury, but given how awfull Roberson is on the offensive end, I expect the number to be better (Westbrook and Melo also missed games)...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Interesting. Though not sure how "meaningful" a game in February is for the Warriors. They seem to be on cruise control. I'd bet that they play much more intensely in June than February. I can see OKC trying to go all out though.

hedge much?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Remove Paul and Roberson they'll be bad defensively
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

hedge much?

Always looking to stir things. Continue.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
adkindo wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
adkindo wrote:

http://on.nba.com/2A6K0XZ

This is the number for the last 10 games (the number of games the Thunder played since his injury), so during that span they are 17th. Their def rating is 108.0 in that span. If you look at def ratings for all the season, with that number they would be 24th (http://on.nba.com/2hAItOp). Whatever number you want to use, 108.0 is bad, but that's not really surprising, he's a DPOY candidate. What's funny is that their Offensive efficiency is exactly the same since the injury, but given how awfull Roberson is on the offensive end, I expect the number to be better (Westbrook and Melo also missed games)...

thanks....was not sure how to look @ x number of games
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

That's why I don't think they'll be very successfull in the playoffs, Westbrook is a liability defensively, so is whoever you put in Roberson place, I won't even talk about Melo. So it leaves George who is elite, and Adams who I'd say is above average IMO. Offensively, Melo is almost useless, Westbrook will again be exposed (high numbers, high usage and awful efficiency), George will probably produce like he always do. Imagine they are unlucky and/or drop in the standings and face the Warriors or Houston, they'll be lucky to win 1, or it's also possible the Jazz keep on going up in the standings (their numbers are insane during their winning streak)... They probably won't go further the WCSF at best...

Last edited by durden-tyler on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

^^^when the time arrives....I will be willing to take some of those bets
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

I'd say that I'm not 100% convinced of my own opinion, but I don't see how they could be successfull. With Roberson ? That's a different story. Right now ? History is not on their side...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
I'd say that I'm not 100% convinced of my own opinion, but I don't see how they could be successfull. With Roberson ? That's a different story. Right now ? History is not on their side...

OKC's bench is also woefully thin.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:

"Thin" is a nice way to describe their bench...

Jerami Grant
Raymond Felton
Alex Abrines
Patrick Patterson

I'd say "trash", when your best bench player is Felton, something is wrong. I know you count less on your bench in the playoffs, but you still need one or two good role players...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:

"Thin" is a nice way to describe their bench...

Jerami Grant
Raymond Felton
Alex Abrines
Patrick Patterson

I'd say "trash", when your best bench player is Felton, something is wrong. I know you count less on your bench in the playoffs, but you still need one or two good role players...

Well, Felton isn't exactly thin.

WB is their engine and if he's injured, my goodness. We saw what that team looked like when he curb stomped them by 25 points.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Well, Felton isn't exactly thin.

Not exactly...

Quote:
WB is their engine and if he's injured, my goodness. We saw what that team looked like when he curb stomped them by 25 points.

That's the problem, Westbrook is their motor, but he's not really an efficient one, and not particulary smart on a baskeball court, he'll give his all, so that's definitly a good thing come playoffs time, he's got talent, but I doubt he'll win a championship...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

To be fair, I do think WB/PG13/Adams can create some problems for the Warriors/Houston, but I think the lack of OKC's depth will come back to haunt them. Very top heavy.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
To be fair, I do think WB/PG13/Adams can create some problems for the Warriors/Houston, but I think the lack of OKC's depth will come back to haunt them. Very top heavy.

With the injury to Roberson I'm inclined to agree. But they are still one OKC/HOU injury away from being right back there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1106, 1107, 1108 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1107 of 2680
Jump to: