OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1112, 1113, 1114 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The mentality shouldn't be "lets pray OKC underachieves so that we can convince Paul George to please come to us instead."

but instead should be "Let's win games so that we don't need to count on/rely on/pray for OKC underachieving to prove why we're a better destination for him."

It’s a distinction without a substantive difference when we can just root for both.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
The mentality shouldn't be "lets pray OKC underachieves so that we can convince Paul George to please come to us instead."

but instead should be "Let's win games so that we don't need to count on/rely on/pray for OKC underachieving to prove why we're a better destination for him."

Why not both?

Right. You beat me to it
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

This is so easy. We can do both.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

At least we beat OKC twice.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Randle’s physical plays, Ingram’s length, KCP’s hustle, Hart’s toughness, Ball’s passing, couple with Kuzma and Zubac’s scoring skills...they’ all playing to their strength. It would be another challenge to the FO: what else players to add and when to add to help the team growing to be a contender. Anyway, I like these young players. They’re taught to grow year over year, improved their physical condition, improved scoring skills, improved basketball IQ and most of them are playing with hustle and toughness. They’re taught to be impact players. Randle is very good example. I also like the adjustments of Kuzma who is more physical on offense and more active in defense.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Belly has been mostly killing it on the sixers so far

really wanted that guy
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Butler supposed to return in 4-6 weeks.

I would not bet on it if I was a TWolves fan.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Time for Deng to give back $14 million of year 3 to get a buyout and Thibs to promise to give him the MLE next year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Time for Deng to give back $14 million of year 3 to get a buyout and Thibs to promise to give him the MLE next year.

he is not giving up a single dime.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You still think Brandon doesn’t play defense or did you miss last nights game?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You still think Brandon doesn’t play defense or did you miss last nights game?

you have something to say to me, please DM me. don't hijack the conversation of the thread

i would still trade ingram for Kawahi in a second

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Eric came up with an interesting scenario in one of the sticky threads. Let's say the Spurs wanted to trade Kawhi Leonard this summer. The question is if they were willing to take Deng would we be willing to give up kuzma and Ingram. We would still have to Max slots available for LeBron and Paul George.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Eric came up with an interesting scenario in one of the sticky threads. Let's say the Spurs wanted to trade Kawhi Leonard this summer. The question is if they were willing to take Deng would we be willing to give up kuzma and Ingram. We would still have to Max slots available for LeBron and Paul George.

me personally....my opinion....there is about a zero chance the Spurs would ever consider that deal....throw in Ball and Patty Mills, and I would give it a 5% chance if there really is an issue between the Spurs and Kawhi big enough for him to pass on a Designated Veteran/Supermax deal.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:

me personally....my opinion....there is about a zero chance the Spurs would ever consider that deal....throw in Ball and Patty Mills, and I would give it a 5% chance if there really is an issue between the Spurs and Kawhi big enough for him to pass on a Designated Veteran/Supermax deal.

2 questions:
do the spurs want to give him super max after the recent fiasco
what would the spurs do if he rejects to sign super max?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

The Spurs will want keep Kawhi but they also wanted to tank this season and get a good pick like they stealth did with Robinson but the team has been winning too much
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Why do people assume Boogie and Isaiah are permanently damaged but somehow Kawhi is perfectly sound?

If Kawhi plays a year fine... but to give up potentially great assets with no proof seems pretty risky to me.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Why do people assume Boogie and Isaiah are permanently damaged but somehow Kawhi is perfectly sound?

If Kawhi plays a year fine... but to give up potentially great assets with no proof seems pretty risky to me.

1st, Boogie....and especially IT are not Kawhi. Next, Boogie had an injury that we have seen the recovery many times, and the overwhelming majority of the players do not return to form after the injury (for the rest of their career), and IT has an injury that he did not get corrected, and sometimes never heals completely. Even if all three are completely healthy, Kawhi has 2x the value of Cousins and about 10x the value of Thomas.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:

2 questions:

not sure, but my money is something besides eating Deng's contract and trading for Ingram and Kuzma. I am not even sure Ingram and Kuzma are enough to get a team to take on the Deng contract.....much less give up a Top 5 player in the deal.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Spurs will want keep Kawhi but they also wanted to tank this season and get a good pick like they stealth did with Robinson but the team has been winning too much

no idea how a #3 team can tank?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:

2 questions:

not sure, but my money is something besides eating Deng's contract and trading for Ingram and Kuzma. I am not even sure Ingram and Kuzma are enough to get a team to take on the Deng contract.....much less give up a Top 5 player in the deal.

u don't think ingram and kuzma will be able to get rid of Deng's contract?

last year Raptors got rid of 2years of Carroll for 1 1st rd and another 2nd rd pick
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Maybe GSW has that next gear when the playoffs start, but tbh this version of them is not scary at all. It's not even about OKC...they have not looked good against quite a few opponents.

I'm just not seeing it right now. OKC, Houston would take them out. A few other teams could possibly extend them in a series too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:

2 questions:

u don't think ingram and kuzma will be able to get rid of Deng's contract?

last year Raptors got rid of 2years of Carroll for 1 1st rd and another 2nd rd pick

Not sure, Deng is more expensive than Carroll....and Carroll is actually still valuable on the court, he is starting and putting up good numbers....Deng is now considered "dead money". I do not think Kuzma has near the market value that most Lakers fans appear to think. Kuzma is a guy about to turn 23, and played the fist 2+ months of the season like a lottery pick, but has since played more like a late 1st rounder.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Maybe GSW has that next gear when the playoffs start, but tbh this version of them is not scary at all. It's not even about OKC...they have not looked good against quite a few opponents.

I'm just not seeing it right now. OKC, Houston would take them out. A few other teams could possibly extend them in a series too.

look like a fat and happy team....it's hard to stay hungry
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

It would be fun to see KD leave GS. Parity would be better too. Imagine if he came to LA w/ PG. The west would be really fun.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I agree. On paper they are best team in league but fatigue could be setting in. They are going for their 4th straight trip to the finals. I think the Rockets can beat them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1112, 1113, 1114 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1113 of 2680
Jump to: