OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1215, 1216, 1217 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of what happens I think it will hard for LA to totally screw the pooch this offseason
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
If we get LBJ/PG I feel like Reddick could be lock. Why not? He is getting old. He made good money in Philly this year. He gets to come back to LA. I hope...

He wants to live in Brooklyn/NYC.

right....that is the reason he went to Philly....he wants to be close to home...Brooklyn.

Quick train ride. But people say that George wants to go home but then put him in LA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
If we get LBJ/PG I feel like Reddick could be lock. Why not? He is getting old. He made good money in Philly this year. He gets to come back to LA. I hope...

right....that is the reason he went to Philly....he wants to be close to home...Brooklyn.

Quick train ride. But people say that George wants to go home but then put him in LA.

Well, unlike JJ, PG13 and his camp have not made it a secret he wants to play with the Lakers.

Aside from that, yes JJ commutes between Brooklyn/Philly. IIRC he has an apartment in Philly but tries to go to Brooklyn as much as possible.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
pmacla wrote:
IT thinks he should be the man and is begrudgingly accepting a role with the Lakers to look like a good teammate for FA, you can see it in his face he always looks like he is constipated on the court

I am probably reading way to much into it...but that night Lonzo hit all those big shots to beat San Antonio....in the locker room interview, IT said some good things about Lonzo, but quickly reminded everyone that Lonzo will not be able to hit big shots like that every night.

IT is just a downer. The chip on his shoulder is bigger then his body. I dont think he ever contributes to a championship team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
pmacla wrote:
IT thinks he should be the man and is begrudgingly accepting a role with the Lakers to look like a good teammate for FA, you can see it in his face he always looks like he is constipated on the court

I am probably reading way to much into it...but that night Lonzo hit all those big shots to beat San Antonio....in the locker room interview, IT said some good things about Lonzo, but quickly reminded everyone that Lonzo will not be able to hit big shots like that every night.

IT is just a downer. The chip on his shoulder is bigger then his body. I dont think he ever contributes to a championship team.

I honestly cannot imagine a situation where he's content to sit out the rest of his dying prime to be Lonzo's backup. That chip is not easily buried.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

If we are fortunate enough to build a super team, I would like to see us get Mbah a Moute, seems like he knows his role when he plays with good players....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we are fortunate enough to build a super team, I would like to see us get Mbah a Moute, seems like he knows his role when he plays with good players....

Mbah a Moute and superteam in the same sentence. I'll be damned.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Well, unlike JJ, PG13 and his camp have not made it a secret he wants to play with the Lakers.

Aside from that, yes JJ commutes between Brooklyn/Philly. IIRC he has an apartment in Philly but tries to go to Brooklyn as much as possible.

I recall listening to him when he did his podcast....and he bought this nice townhouse/apartment (I think) in Brooklyn during his last season...or next to last season with the Clippers. He kind of talked about it as if when he made the purchase, he always planned on heading east. If I recall correctly, he never owned property in LA....always rented.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I honestly cannot imagine a situation where he's content to sit out the rest of his dying prime to be Lonzo's backup. That chip is not easily buried.

Kobe and Shaq would say passive aggressive sh*t all the time. I don't deny that he seems to have a big ego... but if he produces, you put up with it... if he doesn't you don't. Not saying he's at their level of talent either but this board worships Kobe and everything he said usually had a subtext.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s all about getting guys who know there role and fit
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Kobe and Shaq would say passive aggressive sh*t all the time. I don't deny that he seems to have a big ego... but if he produces, you put up with it... if he doesn't you don't. Not saying he's at their level of talent either but this board worships Kobe and everything he said usually had a subtext.

Kobe and Shaq didn't have a starter/bench player relationship though. Lonzo is the unquestioned PG of this team going forward, which leads me to conclude that IT will feel that his advancement is duly blocked and will go elsewhere.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Kobe and Shaq were always going to start and get top dollar. IT won’t get either here. He is in the autumn of his career, it would be a smart move for him to go somewhere that could at least give him one of those things.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
this board worships Kobe and everything he said usually had a subtext.

5 Rings/banners has a way of endearing fans to a player.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s all about getting guys who know there role and fit

Ennis knows his role...not his fault Luke puts him in the game.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Plan D = "Don't Do Dat."

You’re on a roll today my friend!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Regardless of what happens I think it will hard for LA to totally screw the pooch this offseason

Not signing max star FAs would be screwing the pooch this offseason
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Nah even if somehow we land 0 star Fa's. Just getting rid of Ennis and the rest of the bozos and rounding up the team would be good enough
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Kobe and Shaq didn't have a starter/bench player relationship though. Lonzo is the unquestioned PG of this team going forward, which leads me to conclude that IT will feel that his advancement is duly blocked and will go elsewhere.

Unless Zo falls off the cliff... he is in zero danger of losing his place to IT.

IT can vent all he wants as long as he brings it on the court and doesn't anger the players. We need more of an edge and if he were 6' 9" you all would compliment his toughness. That's what I like about what Randle brings to the team... too many soft kids imo.

If we had Boogie/LeBron and then tried to add IT it wouldn't work because you'd have too many bullheaded guys on the team... but I think at this stage if IT can light a fire under some of them, so much the better.

I listened to years of Shaq calling Kobe little brother... knowing it was getting under his skin. Shaq is still saying crap like this towards us on TNT.

If we get a better point guard I'm fine with abandoning the IT project but until one is lined up I'm going to keep beating that drum.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Nah even if somehow we land 0 star Fa's. Just getting rid of Ennis and the rest of the bozos and rounding up the team would be good enough

100% disagree....losing Russell, Nance, and Clarkson for nothing (besides Hart) that really helps this team long term will be a huge fail.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquisitr.com/4817796/nba-rumors-isaiah-thomas-could-sign-three-year-24-million-deal-with-lakers-according-to-cbs-sports/amp/
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

IT for 1 year at 12-17 mill (assuming 2 max plan fails)

how bout that
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
IT for 1 year at 12-17 mill (assuming 2 max plan fails)

how bout that

I'm fine signing him 1 year for 8 million. I just don't think he'd sign for that.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez < Embiid

West < East (i.e. East is the easier conference to be in)

I think that the gap between AD/Randle and Embiid/Lopez is bigger than the gap between Saric/PG and Lonzo/Fultz, thus making Philly the better option from a basketball standpoint. I also think that Philly could potentially create cap to have PG as well - I'm not sure exactly how, though.

Last edited by PHILosophize on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

100% disagree....losing Russell, Nance, and Clarkson for nothing (besides Hart) that really helps this team long term will be a huge fail.

Getting rid of Russell was a god send for our culture, he really isn't special and Mozgov was a huge net negative on everything for us. Clarkson? Not even worth mentioning, we got a first for him and IT is a better version of him. Nance hurts but now we have Randle beasting and Kuz getting more minutes next season instead of having a logjam. Nance is the only that hurts.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo > Fultz
PG > Saric
Lebron = Lebron
Randle < AD
Lopez > Embiid

West < East (i.e. East is the easier conference to be in)

I think that the gap between AD/Randle and Embiid/Lopez is bigger than the gap between Saric/PG and Lonzo/Fultz, thus making Philly the better option from a basketball standpoint. I also think that Philly could potentially create cap to have PG as well - I'm not sure exactly how, though.

I think you have the sign with Lopez backwards.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1215, 1216, 1217 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1216 of 2680
Jump to: