OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
I'm warming up to Boogie. His main weakness is TOs.

Ball dominance in the halfcourt.

You don't think with his passing/shooting ability he could fit? I've actually started tonearm.up tomhim as well TBH.

Not so much. Had a quick discussion with Reed on twitter about decisiveness/decision-making. AD makes deliberate moves to the hoop. Cousins stops and reads. He's so physically talented it doesn't matter, but even with 50 points at PF and C, New Orleans keeps losing.

I mean, it wasn't even that long ago he won some citiizenship award.

The following week, a tantrum and multiple technicals.

On a young, impressionable team? I'm not as convinced.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

With Rondo running the point that didn’t happen.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

With Rondo running the point that didn’t happen.

Saw enough of it last year all the way until Rondo come back.

The upside is, it allows Zo to play off-ball.

The downside is still attitude/effect on young team.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

I was also going to add that when it was crunch time in the 4th, Cousins was on the bench
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

Cousins has a more cap friendly "max type ish" contract. It works if it's LeBron coming over too. He needs a strong personality/leader beside him.

Cousins alone? No.

LeBron and Cousins? You have my attention at least.

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

I just keep seeing the looks Brook gets and can't help but think of Boogie feasting with these. We've also been running the offense through Brook and Ingram more frequently the past couple of games and with boogies ability to pass from the elbow causing serious damage. The looks KCP is getting would be unbelievable for PG13.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
I just keep seeing the looks Brook gets and can't help but think of Boogie feasting with these. We've also been running the offense through Brook and Ingram more frequently the past couple of games and with boogies ability to pass from the elbow causing serious damage. The looks KCP is getting would be unbelievable for PG13.

Agree. Cousins and PG or bust.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
3 Max, How much would Cousins, PG and Lebron have to give up to fit and what would the team look like?

Assumptions:
1 We do not use the Pincus Gambit ( although that sounds great ), but rather trade Deng with whatever it takes, likely two relatively unprotected ( Top 3 only? ) picks, plus Zubac ( someone is going to want to take a flyer on that kid based on a couple games last year ).
2 We can move JC for nothing.
3 We can trade/waive/renounce everyone else, except: Kuzma, Ingram and Ball.

Total Cap for the 3 keepers: $14.9 mill
Holds for 12 slots: $7 mill
Total: $21.9 mill
Cap: $101
Remainder: $79.1

PG: 3 year deal, $28 mill first year, 5% raises, 3rd year player option
Cousins: 2 year deal, $28 mill first year, 5% raises, 2nd year player option
Lebron: 2 year deal, $23 mill first year, 5% raises, 2nd year player option

Why does PG want a 3 year deal and Cousins 2 instead of 4 year deals? Because PG is an 8 yr vet this summer and Cousins 9. So, they want 10 year vet contracts during their option years.

How would that work for Cousins? 10 year vet can get 35%, while 9 only 30%. But you might say, hey Cousins will not be a Bird or Early Bird free agent, so how much can we increase his salary from year 1 $28 mill? Glad you asked. Per the NBA FAQ a non-Bird FA can be paid 120% of his previous salary ( $28 * 1.2 = $33.6 mill ). The max Cousins could make, if he is not on an all NBA team, is 30% his first year $30.3 mill and 35% his second ( $108 * .35 = $37.8 mill ). So, Cousins would lose out on $2.3 mill in year 1 and about $3 mill in year 2 ( b/c he cannot actually get to the $37.8 ). By this summer, Cousins will have earned $80 mill in total salary. Would he give up $5 mill to play with PG and Lebron? I have no idea.

The numbers are very similar for PG. He ends up with an initial 3 year deal, which he opts out of after 2 years and so has Early Bird rights, meaning we can increase his salary by 130% over his year 2 salary starting year 3.

Lebron takes the biggest hit, but the man has earned, in salary alone, wait for it, $233 mill by this summer. Would he give up some $ for ring 4 and 5? I think he would.

Starters: PG Lonzo, SG Room Mid-Level Exception $4.3 mill, SF PG, PF Lebron, C Cousins

Bench: Ingram and Kuzma and a bunch of vet min guys. While these two will hate going to the bench, they will obliterate other teams benches next year.

Imo, the right way to do the 3 "max" is for Lebron to basically agree to take the "rest" of the cap space after Boogie/PG get their maxes (around 17 mil $ if we can Dump Deng with 2 future 1sts, or even less than that if we can't), and then you go to the Cavs a-la Chris Paul/Clippers.

You offer Deng, Nance, and 2 1st rd picks.

Cavs can't turn that down, and if they do - the Pelicans won't...

In this scenario, Lebron can get about 25 mil, and you can increase that to 30 mil $ by adding Hart, Zubac, Bryant to the deal.

And of course there's the possibility of Boogie/PG each sacraficing a million for Lebron, but the safer bet is Lebron sacrificing the money.
He can't afford to make this move and fail - which he will if he only joins 1 "max" player in LA.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
3 Max, How much would Cousins, PG and Lebron have to give up to fit and what would the team look like?

Assumptions:
1 We do not use the Pincus Gambit ( although that sounds great ), but rather trade Deng with whatever it takes, likely two relatively unprotected ( Top 3 only? ) picks, plus Zubac ( someone is going to want to take a flyer on that kid based on a couple games last year ).

Why does PG want a 3 year deal and Cousins 2 instead of 4 year deals? Because PG is an 8 yr vet this summer and Cousins 9. So, they want 10 year vet contracts during their option years.

How would that work for Cousins? 10 year vet can get 35%, while 9 only 30%. But you might say, hey Cousins will not be a Bird or Early Bird free agent, so how much can we increase his salary from year 1 $28 mill? Glad you asked. Per the NBA FAQ a non-Bird FA can be paid 120% of his previous salary ( $28 * 1.2 = $33.6 mill ). The max Cousins could make, if he is not on an all NBA team, is 30% his first year $30.3 mill and 35% his second ( $108 * .35 = $37.8 mill ). So, Cousins would lose out on $2.3 mill in year 1 and about $3 mill in year 2 ( b/c he cannot actually get to the $37.8 ). By this summer, Cousins will have earned $80 mill in total salary. Would he give up $5 mill to play with PG and Lebron? I have no idea.

The numbers are very similar for PG. He ends up with an initial 3 year deal, which he opts out of after 2 years and so has Early Bird rights, meaning we can increase his salary by 130% over his year 2 salary starting year 3.

Lebron takes the biggest hit, but the man has earned, in salary alone, wait for it, $233 mill by this summer. Would he give up some $ for ring 4 and 5? I think he would.

Starters: PG Lonzo, SG Room Mid-Level Exception $4.3 mill, SF PG, PF Lebron, C Cousins

Bench: Ingram and Kuzma and a bunch of vet min guys. While these two will hate going to the bench, they will obliterate other teams benches next year.

Imo, the right way to do the 3 "max" is for Lebron to basically agree to take the "rest" of the cap space after Boogie/PG get their maxes (around 17 mil $ if we can Dump Deng with 2 future 1sts, or even less than that if we can't), and then you go to the Cavs a-la Chris Paul/Clippers.

In this scenario, Lebron can get about 25 mil, and you can increase that to 30 mil $ by adding Hart, Zubac, Bryant to the deal.

And of course there's the possibility of Boogie/PG each sacraficing a million for Lebron, but the safer bet is Lebron sacrificing the money.
He can't afford to make this move and fail - which he will if he only joins 1 "max" player in LA.

What about the rest of our team having no depth is not going to get us out of the west.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

Assumptions:

So basically in a long shot NO or Cleveland would do a sign and trade deal. Unless NO wants to trade Cousins at the deadline and instead of Nance they take Randle instead, and then Lakers get his bird rights.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:

Assumptions:

Who wants a team of mercenaries like that? People get so hung up on names, that they're willing to toss everything else aside. My affection for the team is based on a connection with the players they build with. With each team it's a process and as long as there's progress, I'm fine with letting it unfold.

Aside from that, three max FA's is just a waste of time to consider ever happening.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Boogie/Jules
Kuzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo

Great lineup but I don't see that guy who is the leader of champions... I want the lineup but that is my concern.

On the other hand, LeBron + Boogie is too enticing

Boogie
Kuzzz/Nance
LeBron
B.I.
Lonzo
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

then I choose bust.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

then I choose bust.

Makes two for bust. Cousins is a malcontent, don't want to root for him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

then I choose bust.

It may even be questionable if Lebron or PG-13 would desire to play with him. I have no evidence to suggest they would or wouldn't, but only one person that I can imagine would ever utter the words "I would like to play with Demarcus" and that would be John Wall.

Everyone that went to Sacramento could not wait to get out of there.....except Cousins....and it has often been insinuated that Cousins was a big reason players did not enjoy playing in Sacramento....but that is more narrative than proven fact.
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

who wants to play with top 2 center in the league. i guess nobody
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Boogie/Jules
Kuzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo

Great lineup but I don't see that guy who is the leader of champions... I want the lineup but that is my concern.

Boogie
Kuzzz/Nance
LeBron
B.I.
Lonzo

if we get those 2, i would spend money on a shooter and backup PG then spending 15m on Randle
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

Well if Cousins stops acting like an ass then players will want to play with him.
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

Well if Cousins stops acting like an ass then players will want to play with him.

Wait your reply should be: we are still not winning against has or any other super team
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

Wait your reply should be: we are still not winning against has or any other super team

No I'm on the building a superteam to take down a superteam route now. Also don't laugh because Cousins in an ass just like you are right now, and for the Lakers to win with him he needs to GROW UP!!!!!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
2019 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Boogie/Jules
Kuzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo

Boogie
Kuzzz/Nance
LeBron
B.I.
Lonzo

if we get those 2, i would spend money on a shooter and backup PG then spending 15m on Randle

How much should they be willing to offer to the shooter and backup PG?
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

then I choose bust.

Yikes
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
2019 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Boogie/Jules
Kuzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo

Boogie
Kuzzz/Nance
LeBron
B.I.
Lonzo

That won't happen if Clarkson is still here.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

then I choose bust.

It may even be questionable if Lebron or PG-13 would desire to play with him. I have no evidence to suggest they would or wouldn't, but only one person that I can imagine would ever utter the words "I would like to play with Demarcus" and that would be John Wall.

Everyone that went to Sacramento could not wait to get out of there.....except Cousins....and it has often been insinuated that Cousins was a big reason players did not enjoy playing in Sacramento....but that is more narrative than proven fact.

I've learned something over my life, if there's smoke, more often than not, there's fire. Cousins strikes me as an immature, entitled, hothead, not the kind of guy I want on my team. Maybe I'm old school, but I'm fine with saying I don't want any just anyone on the Lakers. His numbers look good, but he's not a guy I would enjoy pulling for.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
davidse wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

Assumptions:

So basically in a long shot NO or Cleveland would do a sign and trade deal. Unless NO wants to trade Cousins at the deadline and instead of Nance they take Randle instead, and then Lakers get his bird rights.

Another option is to hope okc doesn't work out and decides to trade George. He has a player option at 19 million. If he opts in that creates more cap space. You can then extend him the following season
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 127 of 2680
Jump to: