OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1276, 1277, 1278 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Mavs game, Nerlens Noel is SUPER skinny. Was he this skinny all along?
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
If we were able to trade Deng, bring back Randle and get LeBron and Paul George -- do you think Brook Lopez would re-sign with us?

I wonder because either he or Randle would have to come off the bench and I wonder if either would be fine with that.

I would LOVE to have Randle start at Center with LeBron, George, Ingram and Lonzo.

And then have Brook and Kuzma come off the bench.

With Kuzma getting SOME backup SF minutes, I feel like we could find enough minutes for Randle and Lopez.

Ingram should be coming off the bench

Ingram has improved with every passing of time, he's the type of player I'm confident that could adapt to any lineup you put him in.

You don't bring a prospect like Ingram off the bench period, anud the Lakers won't either.

Yes, it isn’t like the Lakers brought a prospect like Kobe off the bench or anything. Better than playing guys where they don’t fit.

Kobe started on the bench. They didn't see Kobe develop for two years, constantly saw him improve and then decide to bring him off the bench during his third year.

I don't see how you're going to assume Ingram isn't a fit, he'd start and only get moved to the bench if he wasn't a good fit. He's been improving every month, whose to say he can't become a better off ball player after another off season (and the first one with a legit shooting coach).

I'm giving our best prospect the benefit of the doubt, I'd rather bring Randle off the bench. Lebron played PF this year anyways, and he'd fit right in at PF with PG/Ingram/Lonzo and Brook.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

If we get LeBron and PG, BI will come off the bench. He'll finish the game when we go small. No biggie.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
If we get LeBron and PG, BI will come off the bench. He'll finish the game when we go small. No biggie.

It's not a given he comes off the bench just because a few posters here feel like he should come off the bench. I could say the same thing and say Randle will come off the bench.

Ingram has shown a massive jump from year one to year two despite have this board not believing it was possible, why can't he become a better off ball player after working with a shooting coach for an off season? He's already added on some strength, another off season only helps that.

Lebron's best lineups are him being surrounded by shooters, it's funny you guys are saying BI wouldn't be able to play off ball but what has Randle shown to say he'd be much better off the ball?

Lonzo-PG-Ingram-Lebron-Brook is the perfect lineup for Lebron. He's not getting any younger, and putting him at PF would be the best for him as well.
Graham Murg Eye
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Graham Murg Eye - Welcome to LG.

Thanks!

Been lurking too long. Finally decided to chime in.
I moved from Southern California to Austin, TX last year and I feel like I'm the only Lakers, Dodgers, Rams fan in the state.

It is going to be bananas when Lebron & Paul George joins the Lakers this summer!

Can't wait.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
If we were able to trade Deng, bring back Randle and get LeBron and Paul George -- do you think Brook Lopez would re-sign with us?

I wonder because either he or Randle would have to come off the bench and I wonder if either would be fine with that.

I would LOVE to have Randle start at Center with LeBron, George, Ingram and Lonzo.

With Kuzma getting SOME backup SF minutes, I feel like we could find enough minutes for Randle and Lopez.

Ingram has improved with every passing of time, he's the type of player I'm confident that could adapt to any lineup you put him in.

You don't bring a prospect like Ingram off the bench period, anud the Lakers won't either.

Yes, it isn’t like the Lakers brought a prospect like Kobe off the bench or anything. Better than playing guys where they don’t fit.

Kobe started on the bench. They didn't see Kobe develop for two years, constantly saw him improve and then decide to bring him off the bench during his third year.

I don't see how you're going to assume Ingram isn't a fit, he'd start and only get moved to the bench if he wasn't a good fit. He's been improving every month, whose to say he can't become a better off ball player after another off season (and the first one with a legit shooting coach).

I'm giving our best prospect the benefit of the doubt, I'd rather bring Randle off the bench. Lebron played PF this year anyways, and he'd fit right in at PF with PG/Ingram/Lonzo and Brook.

I get it, you don’t care about defense, the thing this team has built their reputation on. But names are cool too.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

I get it, you don’t care about defense, the thing this team has built their reputation on. But names are cool too.

I get it, you don't think Ingram can improve as a defender but I think they can. Lebron at SF is a much worse defender then Lebron at PF. Lonzo/PG/Ingram is a great defensive trio 1-3, all three can get in the passing lanes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

And none can lock down 1-5 defensively
Graham Murg Eye
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

It's not a given he comes off the bench just because a few posters here feel like he should come off the bench. I could say the same thing and say Randle will come off the bench.

Ingram has shown a massive jump from year one to year two despite have this board not believing it was possible, why can't he become a better off ball player after working with a shooting coach for an off season? He's already added on some strength, another off season only helps that.

Lebron's best lineups are him being surrounded by shooters, it's funny you guys are saying BI wouldn't be able to play off ball but what has Randle shown to say he'd be much better off the ball?

Lonzo-PG-Ingram-Lebron-Brook is the perfect lineup for Lebron. He's not getting any younger, and putting him at PF would be the best for him as well.

I don't know if LeBron would start at PF, but I like your line-up.

I would start:

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
LeBron James
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

with Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma off the bench.

I feel like Paul George starting at SG is more viable than LeBron starting at PF.

Death lineup would be:

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Julius Randle

... and switch everything on D!
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Never liked the fit of James and Randle at the starting forward positions.

If Randle starts (and he should), he should start at Center with James at PF.

If Lopez comes back at the room exception, he should come off the bench — with Ball — and Hart and Ingram should start in their place:

PG - Ingram - Ball
SG - Hart - (Ball)
C - Randle - Lopez
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - George - (James)
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
And none can lock down 1-5 defensively

cool?

I'm thinking more that it'd be a better team defense and overall defensive fit. You don't need 1 guy to be able to lock down 1-5 defensively when you have so many versatile defenders already starting.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

CalisFinest wrote:
Maybe we can do a 3-team deal with CHI and IND.

LAL out: Luol Deng / CLE 1st / Future 1st / 5m cash/Zubac
LAL in: Al Jefferson (4m guaranteed next year)

CHI in: Luol Deng / Cle 1st /Zubac
CHI out: Omer Asik

IND in: Omer Asik /LAL future 1st/5m cash
IND out: Al Jefferson

Or you can cut out CHI and deal Deng for Stephenson/Jefferson. Stephenson has a team option for next year.

no thanks. thats a lot.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

If Lopez comes back at the room exception, he should come off the bench — with Ball — and Hart and Ingram should start in their place:

PG - Ingram - Ball
SG - Hart - (Ball)
C - Randle - Lopez
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - George - (James)

Ok Neither Ball or Ingram will come off the bench because will start no questions asked in the words of Magic.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - Ingram - Ball
SG - Hart - (Ball)
C - Randle - Lopez
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - George - (James)

all it matters is who ends the game: Randle/Lebron/PG/Ingram/Lonzo
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - Ingram - Ball
SG - Hart - (Ball)
C - Randle - Lopez
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - George - (James)

Agreed — except Hart is the much better shooter, and a starting lineup with George, James, Ingram, and Randle needs a “fifth guy” who is the best mix of three point shooting and defense.

Hart would be the better fit, not Ball. Hart’s shot is just sooooo much better, and that lineup would need a solid forty percent three-Ball shooter. Ball’s a little too enigmatic with his shooting to fill that role, IMO.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

The golden boy, the savior... off the bench...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

They better have PG locked down... otherwise it was really stupid to let Brewer go and help them replace Roberson.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

I feel the same way when you guys say Ingram comes off the bench

Mr.Untouchable off the bench
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:
Maybe we can do a 3-team deal with CHI and IND.

LAL out: Luol Deng / CLE 1st / Future 1st / 5m cash/Zubac
LAL in: Al Jefferson (4m guaranteed next year)

CHI in: Luol Deng / Cle 1st /Zubac
CHI out: Omer Asik

IND in: Omer Asik /LAL future 1st/5m cash
IND out: Al Jefferson

Or you can cut out CHI and deal Deng for Stephenson/Jefferson. Stephenson has a team option for next year.

no thanks. thats a lot.

Yep. Two draft picks to shave three million in space is way too much.

Also, any trade involving the Cleveland pick and Deng will be less than ideal for any acquiring team. Deng won’t be traded until July 1st and the draft is in June.

Whoever takes on Deng with the Cleveland pick won’t be able to actually draft the guy they want because the Lakers will have already drafted the guy that they want.

The Lakers should trade that Cleveland pick to an ambitious team with hopes of being much better next year for a first round pick next year.

If they do that, they can trade an actual pick (with Deng) that a team can actually draft themselves.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - Ingram - Ball
SG - Hart - (Ball)
C - Randle - Lopez
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - George - (James)

Agreed — except Hart is the much better shooter, and a starting lineup with George, James, Ingram, and Randle needs a “fifth guy” who is the best mix of three point shooting and defense.

Hart would be the better fit, not Ball. Hart’s shot is just sooooo much better, and that lineup would need a solid forty percent three-Ball shooter. Ball’s a little too enigmatic with his shooting to fill that role, IMO.

Yeah expect Magic won't agree to that.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Ball would benefit the most from coming off the bench. He’s also the guy who least deserves to start (over Randle, Ingram, and Hart).

No shame in making him beat out one of those dudes.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Ball would benefit the most from coming off the bench. He’s also the guy who least deserves to start (over Randle, Ingram, and Hart).

Tell that to Magic.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Tell that to Magic.

so why would Ingram come off the bench?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Tell that to Magic.

He’s saying start Randle, James, George, Ingram, and Ball.

Essentially Ball over Hart, which isn’t the end of the world at all. I just think Hart is the better fit with Ingram, Randle, George, and James.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Tell that to Magic.

He’s saying start Randle, James, George, Ingram, and Ball.

Essentially Ball over Hart, which isn’t the end of the world at all. I just think Hart is the better fit with Ingram, Randle, George, and James.

Bingo because that's what Magic envisions and Ball and Ingram are playing a big part of luring PG, and the douchebag here (LeBron).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1276, 1277, 1278 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1277 of 2680
Jump to: