OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1279, 1280, 1281 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If George is “locked in”, we are facing some serious tampering charges.

Yes and LeBron, Wade, and Bosh just randomly ended up in Miami and CP3 randomly ended up in Houston.

I don’t think that you understand tampering. What Laker player is George tight with and wants to join?

Chris Paul wasnt close to harden.

Chris Paul wanted to play with Harden. Again, what Laker player?

Thats wasnt your aim in the previous post. Now the questiom is who the george want to play with. Well word is he wants to play with all the young guys especially Lonzo

where did you hear that word?

In the summer when his camp told the Lakers not to trade away the talent to get him there. As far as Lonzo goes he talks about how great of a player he is and how he plays the right way.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
With the way Julius has been playing and assuming we hit HR (PG/LBJ), if the price to move Deng is Cavs 2018 pick + Hart (+ maybe even a 2nd rd), might have to do it

Where do you rank a trio of Jules Lebron and PG vs other trios like

CP0 Harden and Capela, Klay Curry and KD, Lowry Deroz and Valicunas, Kyrie Gordon horford, etc..
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
With the way Julius has been playing and assuming we hit HR (PG/LBJ), if the price to move Deng is Cavs 2018 pick + Hart (+ maybe even a 2nd rd), might have to do it

If we get both max FA, its time to cash in the chips. Deng has to be moved at all costs to get us the strongest team possible to win now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
governator wrote:

If we get both max FA, its time to cash in the chips. Deng has to be moved at all costs to get us the strongest team possible to win now.

I really don't think it's going to require Hart. I think it will be the CLE 1st and another future 1st, likely the 2020 1st. I think other sweeteners that could be in play include Zubac or Bryant, the 2018 Denver 2nd, the 2019 Chicago 2nd, plus $5.2MM in cash.

My prediction as of now: Deng, the 2018 CLE 1st, our 2020 1st, and $5.2MM in cash to the Hawks.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
governator wrote:

And the funny thing is we still could lose to Houston and Golden State.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
governator wrote:

I really don't think it's going to require Hart. I think it will be the CLE 1st and another future 1st, likely the 2020 1st. I think other sweeteners that could be in play include Zubac or Bryant, the 2018 Denver 2nd, the 2019 Chicago 2nd, plus $5.2MM in cash.

My prediction as of now: Deng, the 2018 CLE 1st, our 2020 1st, and $5.2MM in cash to the Hawks.

All that to sign PG and King Superdick.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
governator wrote:

Where do you rank a trio of Jules Lebron and PG vs other trios like

CP0 Harden and Capela, Klay Curry and KD, Lowry Deroz and Valicunas, Kyrie Gordon horford, etc..

Right in the mix, part of the elites. LBJ/PG/Julius is the best defensive trio out of those bunch, on par with Klay/Dray/KD. With the rest of the remaining young guys, we’ll be a contender
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
governator wrote:

All that to sign PG and King Superdick.

Don’t see it that way, see it that we can be a contender for the next 3 hrs with LBJ alongside GS. The tricky part is convincing LBJ that BI/Lonzo/Kuz is as good rotation players as a named vet (which they are in actuality). If we can hold on to them, we’ll be set after LBJ also
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Quick question. Are people interested in winning, or interested in rooting for their favorite player? Because I don't see how anyone can hate on LeBron James.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Quick question. Are people interested in winning, or interested in rooting for their favorite player? Because I don't see how anyone can hate on LeBron James.

Most want him as long as he doesn't make the front office trade away the young core... especially Randle right now.

They want LeBron the player, not the GM.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

I like LeBron but I am concerned about his mileage. Not sure he wants to play a fast paced game either at this point. Lakers would take him with open arms but I wouldn't trade Randle to sign LeBron. I don't think it will take more than a future 1st and 2nd to get rid of Deng after this year.

Ideally we get LBJ/PG, re-sign Randle and Lopez.

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

That team can easily win a few titles.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I like LeBron but I am concerned about his mileage. Not sure he wants to play a fast paced game either at this point. Lakers would take him with open arms but I wouldn't trade Randle to sign LeBron. I don't think it will take more than a future 1st and 2nd to get rid of Deng after this year.

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

I don't understand how that team wins more than 2 games against Golden State. Seems like a random assortment of players against an elite offensive scheme with three of the greatest shooters of all time. Lebron operates best drawing defenses in and passing it out to open shooters. Lonzo hasn't proven he can shoot consistently yet, Ingram has been making them but taking less threes, Randle can't hit the broad side of a barn. Paul George is the best shooter of the bunch.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

I don't even see the point of adding both PG13 and LBJ. We'd have so many overlapping parts. I know we want positionless basketball but what would the lineups even look like?

Starters:
Lonzo
PG13
BI
LBJ
Randle

I love the length, but seems like an odd mix of talent.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

I don't understand how that team wins more than 2 games against Golden State. Seems like a random assortment of players against an elite offensive scheme with three of the greatest shooters of all time. Lebron operates best drawing defenses in and passing it out to open shooters. Lonzo hasn't proven he can shoot consistently yet, Ingram has been making them but taking less threes, Randle can't hit the broad side of a barn. Paul George is the best shooter of the bunch.

We took them to overtime twice and played them well except for last game when we lost the battle of the undermanned squads.

Don't know how you factor in LBJ/PG plus rookies with more experience playing together and in the league... as not being able to compete with them. Would GSW be the favorite? Sure, they must be the favorite until proven otherwise... but while they would shoot better, I think we'd be superior in terms of length and athleticism.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

We will have the best defensive team in the league by far.

How are you going to score on this lineup?

Lonzo
PG
Ingram
LBJ
Randle

Our young team with all their flaws has played GSW competitively all year because of our defense.

LBJ can find cutters (i.e. Lonzo).

You want shooters around him?

Play Kuz, George, Hart with LBJ.

Zo is a very good off-ball player that we have not utilized.

LBJ and Randle is like having two Shaq-type players on the same team.

Lakers don't need to play like GSW, they will impose their own style.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

We took them to overtime twice and played them well except for last game when we lost the battle of the undermanned squads.

Don't know how you factor in LBJ/PG plus rookies with more experience playing together and in the league... as not being able to compete with them. Would GSW be the favorite? Sure, they must be the favorite until proven otherwise... but while they would shoot better, I think we'd be superior in terms of length and athleticism.

And the Charlotte Bobcats swept the 2009 Lakers during the regular season. Huge difference between a coasting GS and a motivated GS. A huge scary difference.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Heck I'll root for Booker/Murray if it means bringing a championship.

LeBron in p&g is just fine
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

And the Charlotte Bobcats swept the 2009 Lakers during the regular season. Huge difference between a coasting GS and a motivated GS. A huge scary difference.

It's a fair point and KD singlehandedly scared me back into reality the other night... but we are talking about LeBron James AND Paul George... and the young core. You could be right but you could also be very wrong.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Heck I'll root for Booker/Murray if it means bringing a championship.

LeBron in p&g is just fine

Some here have been stupid about both Booker and Murray.

You don't hate players on the opposing team if they are non factors... you always hate the ones who are good.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

I'd completely agree if it all came down exclusively to a shooting contest. But that Laker team can play some defense. With a more mature, defensively-minded Ball, a great d-minded Hart, a disruptive, lengthy BI, and another lengthy defender in PG, we would be able to get after teams.

I'm not saying we'd whip everyone, but I think the defensive presence we'd bring with that team has to be the calling card, not whether we could out shoot a team like GS.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

My prediction is so many here will be more than happy if lbj/pg/jules are signed and we’re on a 60 win pace in year 1 of the team. We are so accustomed it seems to eschewing talent bc we are so used to them rejecting us (ie “you can’t fire me I quit.”).

LBJ won’t be instigating with Magic acting as an even stronger counterpoint against him in LA.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Any chance PG13 would pull a Durant and offer to accept less money so we'd have more money to build a contender around him?

I wonder if Magic would ever bring up that topic during negotiation or just wait for PG13 to offer it otherwise never talk about it?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My prediction is so many here will be more than happy if lbj/pg/jules are signed and we’re on a 60 win pace in year 1 of the team. We are so accustomed it seems to eschewing talent bc we are so used to them rejecting us (ie “you can’t fire me I quit.”).

LBJ won’t be instigating with Magic acting as an even stronger counterpoint against him in LA.

You think magic is an even stronger counterpart than Riley was?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If George is “locked in”, we are facing some serious tampering charges.

Yes and LeBron, Wade, and Bosh just randomly ended up in Miami and CP3 randomly ended up in Houston.

I don’t think that you understand tampering. What Laker player is George tight with and wants to join?

Chris Paul wasnt close to harden.

Chris Paul wanted to play with Harden. Again, what Laker player?

Thats wasnt your aim in the previous post. Now the questiom is who the george want to play with. Well word is he wants to play with all the young guys especially Lonzo

where did you hear that word?

In the summer when his camp told the Lakers not to trade away the talent to get him there. As far as Lonzo goes he talks about how great of a player he is and how he plays the right way.

That word was from the Lakers. George himself said he was upset that we didn’t try to trade for him. Separate the truth from the BS.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

You don't see how a long, athletic team that can switch everything would be a problem for Golden State? I mean, Boston, Houston and OKC gave them problem with Bigs that can switch out on Curry and Thompson. You don't think Randle can do that?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1279, 1280, 1281 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1280 of 2680
Jump to: