OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1280, 1281, 1282 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
I like LeBron but I am concerned about his mileage. Not sure he wants to play a fast paced game either at this point. Lakers would take him with open arms but I wouldn't trade Randle to sign LeBron. I don't think it will take more than a future 1st and 2nd to get rid of Deng after this year.

Ideally we get LBJ/PG, re-sign Randle and Lopez.

LBJ
PG
Randle
Lonzo
Kuz
Hart
Ingram
Lopez

That team can easily win a few titles.

I don't understand how that team wins more than 2 games against Golden State. Seems like a random assortment of players against an elite offensive scheme with three of the greatest shooters of all time. Lebron operates best drawing defenses in and passing it out to open shooters. Lonzo hasn't proven he can shoot consistently yet, Ingram has been making them but taking less threes, Randle can't hit the broad side of a barn. Paul George is the best shooter of the bunch.

We took them to overtime twice and played them well except for last game when we lost the battle of the undermanned squads.

Don't know how you factor in LBJ/PG plus rookies with more experience playing together and in the league... as not being able to compete with them. Would GSW be the favorite? Sure, they must be the favorite until proven otherwise... but while they would shoot better, I think we'd be superior in terms of length and athleticism.

And the Charlotte Bobcats swept the 2009 Lakers during the regular season. Huge difference between a coasting GS and a motivated GS. A huge scary difference.

That's interesting because we don't know if they were coasting or not. We do know that teams that have the ability to switch everything causes them problems.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Any chance PG13 would pull a Durant and offer to accept less money so we'd have more money to build a contender around him?

I wonder if Magic would ever bring up that topic during negotiation or just wait for PG13 to offer it otherwise never talk about it?

I had thought about that as well. I believe without a doubt it's brought up. If the FO is properly prepared to pitch PG, LJ , etc., (I do believe they will be) they'll already have every scenario that free agents will be able to evaluate.

1. What the team will look like with you guys (PG, LJ, maybe a resigned Julius) at max salaries

2. What the team will look like with the majority of their max salaries with a slight discount

3. What the team will look like if we stretch Deng, give up picks, salary cap holds, etc.

blah, blah, blah
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
My prediction is so many here will be more than happy if lbj/pg/jules are signed and we’re on a 60 win pace in year 1 of the team. We are so accustomed it seems to eschewing talent bc we are so used to them rejecting us (ie “you can’t fire me I quit.”).

LBJ won’t be instigating with Magic acting as an even stronger counterpoint against him in LA.

You think magic is an even stronger counterpart than Riley was?

This is a fantasy thread.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
My prediction is so many here will be more than happy if lbj/pg/jules are signed and we’re on a 60 win pace in year 1 of the team. We are so accustomed it seems to eschewing talent bc we are so used to them rejecting us (ie “you can’t fire me I quit.”).

LBJ won’t be instigating with Magic acting as an even stronger counterpoint against him in LA.

That’s not necessary commentary, and doesn’t really create any conversation. Do better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At this juncture yes. I don’t see LBJ strong arming Magic to fire Luke, trade all the young guys, etc, things that folks worry LeGM May do.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At this juncture yes. I don’t see LBJ strong arming Magic to fire Luke, trade all the young guys, etc, things that folks worry LeGM May do.

I can see it being possible, because it is in his arsenal, and because he takes over even very strong franchises. That said, I can also see a different scenario. Patience isn’t likely to be his calling card though.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Brother Yinomas I'm more worried about our team changing the way we play with he entrance of Lebron. I still think Kawhi is still a short shot at leaving the spurs. I wanna get PG and wait for Kawhi.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Brother Yinomas I'm more worried about our team changing the way we play with he entrance of Lebron. I still think Kawhi is still a short shot at leaving the spurs. I wanna get PG and wait for Kawhi.

I just don’t see Pg13 coming here without another star so LBJ is my way of ensuring we get pg13.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I can see it being possible, because it is in his arsenal, and because he takes over even very strong franchises. That said, I can also see a different scenario. Patience isn’t likely to be his calling card though.

It doesn’t disclose the possibility that Magic may agree to hasten the contending window. I’m just saying LBJ won’t get the same “I hate you Gilbert you are my B” that’s been going on the Cavs.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ok. It's pretty much all we have until everything unfolds. It's really a bit of fun too. LJ, & PG, & a resigned Randle, along with a core of Hart, Ball, Kuz, etc. ?

Fantasizing about that? Yep! Guilty until it ain't true!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What he does will signal his intent. He doesn’t do things by accident. It wouldn’t be surprising to see him come here, let things develop as they develop, win 50 games, go out of the playoffs in the first or second round, make $35 mil, work on his off court interests, and go after it again the next season. Magic gets the accolades for bringing him here and getting back to the playoffs. In short, I have always thought that if Lebron comes here then winning titles is in the rear view mirror. And the Warriors juggernaut is the main reason that might happen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ok. It's pretty much all we have until everything unfolds. It's really a bit of fun too. LJ, & PG, & a resigned Randle, along with a core of Hart, Ball, Kuz, etc. ?

Fantasizing about that? Yep! Guilty until it ain't true!

We have this exciting young team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers will swing for this fences. If we connect we get lbj/Pg13/jules/brooks. If we whiff we still have a young and exciting team that will try to compete to make the playoffs and likely we try 2019 FA again (though I don’t want to punt more than 1 max slot).
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

I would bench ball next season and start Kuzma

PG.Lebron vs Curry
SG.PG13 vs Klay
SF.Ingram vs Durant
PF.Kuzma vs Draymond
C.Randle vs Pachulia

Ball, Hart, Bryant, Zubac

Who does curry guard? Can Pachulia keep up with Randle? What happens to their interior defense when Draymond has to stay on the perimeter with Kuzma? Can they keep launching 3s if our team full of athletes keep on getting easy transition points with Lebron and ball leading the break with 4 elite athletes?

I like our chances.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers will swing for this fences. If we connect we get lbj/Pg13/jules/brooks. If we whiff we still have a young and exciting team that will try to compete to make the playoffs and likely we try 2019 FA again (though I don’t want to punt more than 1 max slot).

It’s not the end of the world if we can’t sign our FA targets, there is still trade options to Improve the team
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

PG.Lebron vs Curry
SG.PG13 vs Klay
SF.Ingram vs Durant
PF.Kuzma vs Draymond
C.Randle vs Pachulia

Who does curry guard? Can Pachulia keep up with Randle? What happens to their interior defense when Draymond has to stay on the perimeter with Kuzma? Can they keep launching 3s if our team full of athletes keep on getting easy transition points with Lebron and ball leading the break with 4 elite athletes?

I like our chances.

That won't happen Magic won't allow that. Until Kuzma knows how to play better defense he's not starting.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think it’s the opposite- if he comes here, one of the reasons would be that Lebron likes our style of play.

If you listened to Lebron after the Cavs-Lakers game, he was talking about what a great job Luke was doing and how well the Lakers we’re sharing the ball like Golden State does. It reminded me of KD talking about why he went to GS.

Outside of Miami, Lebron has played for terrible coaches who have all run some version of Mike Brown’s Clogged Toilet offense in the halfcourt. Watching JR Smith, JC and George Hill clank jumpers out of tough iso opportunities has to have Lebron thinking how nice it would be to play in a system where people actually move and pass the ball.

Lebron has always been a distributor, which is a perfect fit with Zo in the halfcourt at this point of Zo’s career. Having a bunch of young guys running up and down the court for easy baskets and cutting and passing in the halfcourt as Lebron finds them for more easy baskets will prolong his career and allow him to coast more in the regular season compared with the load he’s carrying Cleveland this year.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
watchME wrote:

PG.Lebron vs Curry
SG.PG13 vs Klay
SF.Ingram vs Durant
PF.Kuzma vs Draymond
C.Randle vs Pachulia

I like our chances.

That won't happen Magic won't allow that. Until Kuzma knows how to play better defense he's not starting.

If we land George and LeBron, retain Jules and retain Lopez, the last starting spot is Lonzo or Ingram. One of them could also be used to add a 4th star.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I don't even see the point of adding both PG13 and LBJ. We'd have so many overlapping parts. I know we want positionless basketball but what would the lineups even look like?

Starters:
Lonzo
PG13
BI
LBJ
Randle

I love the length, but seems like an odd mix of talent.
Ingram is not a good fit with Lebron James and maybe even Lonzo for that matter. But that doesn't mean we dont go after Lebron James. Unfortunately, Ingram would go to the bench? Not sure if he would be happy there, but if we were to shop him we probably could get something really good.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Any chance PG13 would pull a Durant and offer to accept less money so we'd have more money to build a contender around him?

I wonder if Magic would ever bring up that topic during negotiation or just wait for PG13 to offer it otherwise never talk about it?

I had thought about that as well. I believe without a doubt it's brought up. If the FO is properly prepared to pitch PG, LJ , etc., (I do believe they will be) they'll already have every scenario that free agents will be able to evaluate.

1. What the team will look like with you guys (PG, LJ, maybe a resigned Julius) at max salaries

2. What the team will look like with the majority of their max salaries with a slight discount

3. What the team will look like if we stretch Deng, give up picks, salary cap holds, etc.

blah, blah, blah

I don’t see LBJ or PG taking a discount unless a 3rd superstar (Like an AD or a Lillard) wanna join (prob by trading all our young studs for that 3rd guy)
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

blah, blah, blah

I don’t see LBJ or PG taking a discount unless a 3rd superstar (Like an AD or a Lillard) wanna join (prob by trading all our young studs for that 3rd guy)
I dont think so either. There is too much competition on where they sign. Lakers need to clear the necessary cap space to bring back Randle and give James and George the full max. They need to do this ASAP.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

blah, blah, blah

I dont think so either. There is too much competition on where they sign. Lakers need to clear the necessary cap space to bring back Randle and give James and George the full max. They need to do this ASAP.

And why should we listen to you for? You make stupid trade ideas everyday.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

So are we just gonna blow off Windhorsts theory that we can sign 3 max guys?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
watchME wrote:

PG.Lebron vs Curry
SG.PG13 vs Klay
SF.Ingram vs Durant
PF.Kuzma vs Draymond
C.Randle vs Pachulia

I like our chances.

If we land George and LeBron, retain Jules and retain Lopez, the last starting spot is Lonzo or Ingram. One of them could also be used to add a 4th star.

We might not retain Lopez so Ball and Ingram are safe and LeBron's defense is starting to slide at SF, and he will need to move to PF to preserve him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
On the trade that sent Paul George to OKC, Luke Walton said he initially “thought it was lopsided,” but “I’m man enough to admit I was wrong.” Has been very impressed with Indiana.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/975083507541204992
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1280, 1281, 1282 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1281 of 2680
Jump to: