OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1284, 1285, 1286 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

With all this talk about how the Lakers should keep Randle and how it would be a travesty if the Lakers let him walk. well we all know the Kings always try to spite us so I could see them offering Randle a max offer sheet in hopes the Lakers are to caught up in convincing max FAs to sign while they scoop him up out of the Lakers concerns of losing guys like PG and LeBron. so don’t be surprised if the Kings try to screw the Lakers once FA starts and the Sac fans also don’t seem to mind if the Kings pursue Randle.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
With all this talk about how the Lakers should keep Randle and how it would be a travesty if the Lakers let him walk. well we all know the Kings always try to spite us so I could see them offering Randle a max offer sheet in hopes the Lakers are to caught up in convincing max FAs to sign while they scoop him up out of the Lakers concerns of losing guys like PG and LeBron. so don’t be surprised if the Kings try to screw the Lakers once FA starts and the Sac fans also don’t seem to mind if the Kings pursue Randle.

Who says he'll sign their offer sheet?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That depends on how the Lakers treat him. I think they will treat him well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The benjamins, the Lakers can’t afford to max out Randle if they decide to match because they lose the chance at 2 max FAs. so the Lakers would thank Randle and wish him good luck in Sac in that scenario. I think Randle would thrive playing for a team like the Kings, basically a different mold of Chris Webber for there team. any team with cap space that offers anything to Randle will put the Lakers in a bad spot.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The benjamins, the Lakers can’t afford to max out Randle if they decide to match because they lose the chance at 2 max FAs. so the Lakers would thank Randle and wish him good luck in Sac in that scenario. I think Randle would thrive playing for a team like the Kings, basically a different mold of Chris Webber for there team. basically any team with cap space that offers anything to Randle will put the Lakers in a bad spot.

all about them Benji's
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Still feel we won’t get Pg13 without LBJ. Looks more like he is settling to a #2 role behind WB.

Better get LBJ then. Zero Max FAs and #capspace is a failure and no different than Mitch and Jim.

It's not a failure because we won't sign a moz/deng contracts. We will continue with your youth movement likely sign Julius and look to make a trade if possible. We also have the Cleveland 1st we can keep or include in a trade. We can keep 1 max slot open for 2019. Hardly a failure.

There are different viewpoints when it comes to summer 2018 and #capspace. So we can agree to disagree.

I also don’t think summer 2019 FAs are really available unless Kawhi is damaged goods or forces his way out...and no thanks to high mileage, overused Butler.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
do we really need a Paul George type of guy who is v happy to be a 2nd fiddle to RW?

prefer K Irving & then Kawahi in 2019 instead to take that spot

Who said he was happy ?

Paul George
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Something that hasn't been brought up much. Is there any way LeBron joins the Lakers without ensuring Pope is retained? Unless LeBron is willing to essentially pay for Pope, taking substantially less than his max, that could cause LA to have to chose between Randle and Pope.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
do we really need a Paul George type of guy who is v happy to be a 2nd fiddle to RW?

Who said he was happy ?

Paul George

And it’s your right to trust anything players say. I don’t...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Who said he was happy ?

Paul George

He also said that is not going to factor into his decision. He is going to do what's best for his family. Nobody really knows at this point.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The benjamins, the Lakers can’t afford to max out Randle if they decide to match because they lose the chance at 2 max FAs. so the Lakers would thank Randle and wish him good luck in Sac in that scenario. I think Randle would thrive playing for a team like the Kings, basically a different mold of Chris Webber for there team. any team with cap space that offers anything to Randle will put the Lakers in a bad spot.
yeah thats a great fit for him and that would really sting. Cant we still match if we already signed the two max players by that time, since his cap hold is just 12.4 million?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Still feel we won’t get Pg13 without LBJ. Looks more like he is settling to a #2 role behind WB.

Better get LBJ then. Zero Max FAs and #capspace is a failure and no different than Mitch and Jim.

It's not a failure because we won't sign a moz/deng contracts. We will continue with your youth movement likely sign Julius and look to make a trade if possible. We also have the Cleveland 1st we can keep or include in a trade. We can keep 1 max slot open for 2019. Hardly a failure.

There are different viewpoints when it comes to summer 2018 and #capspace. So we can agree to disagree.

I also don’t think summer 2019 FAs are really available unless Kawhi is damaged goods or forces his way out...and no thanks to high mileage, overused Butler.

If we miss out on PG13 I think it’s a pretty big blow. I’m not THAT convinced that the 2019 FA class will be available to the Lakers. PG13 May be the closest we get to a star FA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

That being said I trust Pelinka to not make Moz/Deng level moves either. I can see some good value signings if 2 max FAs don’t materialize.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
That being said I trust Pelinka to not make Moz/Deng level moves either. I can see some good value signings if 2 max FAs don’t materialize.

Will Barton is a good fall back option
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sold on 2019 free agent. But you never know. Another option is a trade. Nobody could have predicted Paul George, Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler being traded. We have that Cleveland pic and that is worth gold right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Who said he was happy ?

Paul George

He also said that is not going to factor into his decision. He is going to do what's best for his family. Nobody really knows at this point.

Evidently if he said that we can’t believe it.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Will Barton is a good fall back option

You should read Denver reddit and Denver Stiffs fan comments.

They can't wait for him to leave (along with Head Coach Mike Malone)

Don't just look at the numbers, Gadget, but see his impact or fit on the team. He's been costing them games lately.
Mike C
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We all know anything can happen, but keep in mind that Sacramento is one of the least attractive destinations on the NBA circuit.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I'm not sold on 2019 free agent. But you never know. Another option is a trade. Nobody could have predicted Paul George, Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler being traded. We have that Cleveland pic and that is worth gold right now.

i am sold more on 2019 FAs then 2018
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:

i am sold more on 2019 FAs then 2018

We seem to say this every year.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Mike C wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We all know anything can happen, but keep in mind that Sacramento is one of the least attractive destinations on the NBA circuit.

If Randle signs a max offer sheet, the front office should let him walk. He'd need to become a top 3pt shooting big man for max to even be in discussion.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

PG and Randle should be the priority this season.

I’d go after Kawhi next season.

But even if we don’t get Kawhi to come play with PG and our young guns next season, I’d rather have them plus two 18 million a year free agents who fit for depth than one 34 year old lebron for 35 million. Or even take in a few short bad deals with assets attached to save space for Davis is 2020 before I invest in an old James who no longer plays defense and can’t play at our pace or style.

Last edited by DangeRuss on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I just feel PG isn’t leaving WB unless LBJ recruits him to LA. I feel that there may be some Droz 2016 in PG13.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I just feel PG isn’t leaving WB unless LBJ recruits him to LA. I feel that there may be some Droz 2016 in PG13.

The fact that he's this open about not having made up his mind while living in OKC and seeing Westbrook every day is encouraging. Usually guys speak from emotions during the season, which is why some NCAA players say they're coming back for another year after a tough loss but change their mind a week or two later.

Give him 2 weeks of living in LA, with Magic/Pelinka in his ear through his agent, it's a wrap.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The fact that he's this open about not having made up his mind while living in OKC and seeing Westbrook every day is encouraging. Usually guys speak from emotions during the season, which is why some NCAA players say they're coming back for another year after a tough loss but change their mind a week or two later.

Give him 2 weeks of living in LA, with Magic/Pelinka in his ear through his agent, it's a wrap.

LBJ will be the wrap.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1284, 1285, 1286 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1285 of 2680
Jump to: