OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1303, 1304, 1305 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Something is clearly awry with the Spurs/KL. Obviously the alleged supermax offer will show just how awry things are/aren't down there. But it's very strange.

Nothings wrong everyone is overracting and Kawhi camp denies this according to a poster here
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
^Woj didn’t make this up...he doesn’t make (bleep) up. This came from somewhere and it’s a legitimate source because Woj mainly deals with legitimate sources or else he wouldn’t be #WojBomb.

Woj is the only one pushing the idea that there is friction between Leonard and the Spurs. Everyone involved, Leonard’s people, Pop, Spurs players, deny it.

Whos leonards people? I havent heard one quote from them.

Kawhi Leonard for one has said there is nothing going on. Speculation is that Woj is reporting for Pop.

LOL thats not what you said and what do you expect the player to say? I see you're still making up your own stories to push your anti Laker agenda

So we are back to not believing players when it is convenient but believing them when they say something we like? A simple Google search would tell you what I did. If that is too taxing for you then continue staying uninformed.

I never said i believe Kawhi or didnt. Dont accuse me of doing what you do. As far as research. If you're going to blurt out (bleep) like that then you should provide proof or dont post at all. WOJ has been reliable as they come today so to act like hes all of sudden making things up shows your bias.

I didn’t say Woj made anything up, just that he is writing what Pop tells him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Something is clearly awry with the Spurs/KL. Obviously the alleged supermax offer will show just how awry things are/aren't down there. But it's very strange.

Nothings wrong everyone is overracting and Kawhi camp denies this according to a poster here

No, Kawhi denies it
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

To me it’s quite clear that Leonard wants out, he knows the Spurs won’t be the same Spurs unless they land PG/ or LeBron... Very soon Pop could also end up retiring... I could see the Spurs declining in terms of success and relevancy in these next few years, this is why there fans wanted to tank so they can get Ayton they know there team is gonna be *** for a long time unless they hit the jack spot in a trade or FA.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
^Woj didn’t make this up...he doesn’t make (bleep) up. This came from somewhere and it’s a legitimate source because Woj mainly deals with legitimate sources or else he wouldn’t be #WojBomb.

Woj is the only one pushing the idea that there is friction between Leonard and the Spurs. Everyone involved, Leonard’s people, Pop, Spurs players, deny it.

Kawhi Leonard for one has said there is nothing going on. Speculation is that Woj is reporting for Pop.

LOL thats not what you said and what do you expect the player to say? I see you're still making up your own stories to push your anti Laker agenda

So we are back to not believing players when it is convenient but believing them when they say something we like? A simple Google search would tell you what I did. If that is too taxing for you then continue staying uninformed.

I never said i believe Kawhi or didnt. Dont accuse me of doing what you do. As far as research. If you're going to blurt out (bleep) like that then you should provide proof or dont post at all. WOJ has been reliable as they come today so to act like hes all of sudden making things up shows your bias.

You're reaching trump levels with your lies heres what you said.

"Woj is the only one pushing the idea that there is friction between Leonard and the Spurs. Everyone involved, Leonard’s people, Pop, Spurs players, deny it.''

Now you know who WOJ source is? This guy and his lies

Last edited by Car54 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No, Kawhi denies it

when was the last time a player came out and bashed his own team?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Lying should be a suspendable offense
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You're reaching trump levels with your lies heres what you said.

"Woj is the only one pushing the idea that there is friction between Leonard and the Spurs. Everyone involved, Leonard’s people, Pop, Spurs players, deny it.''

Now you know who WOJ source is? This guy and his lies

Oh to be young and naive. As I said, you can read it yourself.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's like the Spurs are in the playoffs, and KL is an impending 2019 FA, but hey, no problems that he isn't playing. Everything is fine.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No, Kawhi denies it

Kobe did a good job of it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's like the Spurs are in the playoffs, and KL is an impending 2019 FA, but hey, no problems that he isn't playing. Everything is fine.

Evidently not his quadricep. I can’t blame a player for putting his career first.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The Spurs have spent decades building up a reputation around the League as a straight up, player friendly, no nonsense organization. Because its San Antonio, they were allowed to work out problems that were there quietly, without any fan fair, allowing this perception to continue. Now, with the age of social media and how players today don't keep anything in house anymore, we are finding out that the Spurs are dealing with the same issues as every other team in the league. Last year it was Aldridge, now this year its Kawhi. Things are starting to leak out that never leaked out before. The Spurs are doing their best to try and down play it but, Kawhi's actions are speaking louder than Pop, other Spurs players or Kawhi's people.

Have you heard Kawhi camp dismiss this because Ventura claims they did

I read somewhere that his uncle allegedly denied any rift with the Spurs.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The Spurs have spent decades building up a reputation around the League as a straight up, player friendly, no nonsense organization. Because its San Antonio, they were allowed to work out problems that were there quietly, without any fan fair, allowing this perception to continue. Now, with the age of social media and how players today don't keep anything in house anymore, we are finding out that the Spurs are dealing with the same issues as every other team in the league. Last year it was Aldridge, now this year its Kawhi. Things are starting to leak out that never leaked out before. The Spurs are doing their best to try and down play it but, Kawhi's actions are speaking louder than Pop, other Spurs players or Kawhi's people.

According to some reporters his uncle is the one causing the rift.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Nothing is wrong in San Antonio. These reports are perfectly normal.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
To me it’s quite clear that Leonard wants out, he knows the Spurs won’t be the same Spurs unless they land PG/ or LeBron... Very soon Pop could also end up retiring... I could see the Spurs declining in terms of success and relevancy in these next few years, this is why there fans wanted to tank so they can get Ayton they know there team is gonna be *** for a long time unless they hit the jack spot in a trade or FA.

Maybe Kawhi wants out of San Antonio, maybe he doesn't. It's impossible to say at this point with contradicting evidence for both possibilities.

The one thing we can assume with near 100% certainty is that Kawhi will re-sign with the Spurs if he's offered the Designated Player Extension. If he has to demand a trade after, he can, but no chance in hell he's turning down that contract.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No, Kawhi denies it

Kobe did a good job of it.

oh so you have any example of past 10years?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Now that's he's openly said he might accept a sixth man role, you should go easier on him for now.

I'm not sure I buy that fully. He came out pretty forcefully about not wanting to be a 6th man. I think his agent/team rightfully told him to not disclose other bench role possibilities elsewhere. Isn't helping his FA cause IMO>

Right there with you. I'm sure IT just didn't realize he was hurting his price by precluding bids from potential 6th man suitors.

Exactly. If someone thinks he’s really ok being a 6th man, I’ve got a bridge to sell them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

According to some reporters his uncle is the one causing the rift.

Yep.. a poster on Spurstalk said his uncle wants Leonard in LA...
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Just decided to check Paul George's post All-Star Break numbers, because someone mentioned he'd been playing really bad, but it came as a shock to me because I hadn't really been keeping track of the Thunder post ASB.

So I checked out his stats and they downright shocked me. I have no idea why but he seems to be in full chuck mode atm and it's not looked pretty.

Paul George post ASB Numbers

19.1 PPG
6.8 REB
4.4 AST
39.5% Field Goal
31% From Three

For comparison sake let's look at Isaiah Thomas's numbers post ASB up to the last 2 bad games he's had.

Isaiah Thomas

18.4 PPG
2.5 REB
5.8 AST
39.4% Field Goal
36.4% From Three

Trust me, I was as shocked as could be when I looked at the post ASB numbers, shocked it hasn't been talked about. What the freak happened?

Interesting how you left out defensive numbers. Still one of the best 2 way players in the NBA. This is a pretty random comparison when you leave out defense.

Omar Little wrote:
Also, why leave out the last two games? Shouldn’t you take out two bad games for George too? It’s a decent point that doesn’t need to be augmented.

The lengths that these guys go to in their efforts to inflate IT’s value are hilarious, and show how bad his actual performance on the court is.

If IT was playing well, his play would speak for itself. He’s not, and thus the need for his acolytes to create “fake news” type of arguments to prop him up.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Just decided to check Paul George's post All-Star Break numbers, because someone mentioned he'd been playing really bad, but it came as a shock to me because I hadn't really been keeping track of the Thunder post ASB.

So I checked out his stats and they downright shocked me. I have no idea why but he seems to be in full chuck mode atm and it's not looked pretty.

Paul George post ASB Numbers

19.1 PPG
6.8 REB
4.4 AST
39.5% Field Goal
31% From Three

For comparison sake let's look at Isaiah Thomas's numbers post ASB up to the last 2 bad games he's had.

Isaiah Thomas

18.4 PPG
2.5 REB
5.8 AST
39.4% Field Goal
36.4% From Three

Trust me, I was as shocked as could be when I looked at the post ASB numbers, shocked it hasn't been talked about. What the freak happened?

Interesting how you left out defensive numbers. Still one of the best 2 way players in the NBA. This is a pretty random comparison when you leave out defense.

Omar Little wrote:
Also, why leave out the last two games? Shouldn’t you take out two bad games for George too? It’s a decent point that doesn’t need to be augmented.

The lengths that these guys go to in their efforts to inflate IT’s value are hilarious, and show how bad his actual performance on the court is.

If IT was playing well, his play would speak for itself. He’s not, and thus the need for his acolytes to create “fake news” type of arguments to prop him up.

First of all his "acolytes" aren't trying pimp IT for a first/second option max contract... they are trying dispel the false narrative that he isn't worth signing as a backup to a struggling point guard.

The man scored over 20 points 71 times in 76 games last season... more than our ENTIRE starting lineup has this season. He scored 53 points only ten months ago in the NBA playoffs. Can you name anyone currently on our team capable of that feat? I'll wait.

I can't speak for everyone else... but personally I want him as a backup for Lonzo until the kid can stay healthy for an entire season and shoot 40%.

I still believe in the two way plan... I still want us to draft someone like Shamet or Brunson as cover... but what I don't want is to go into next season trying to make the playoffs with Ennis or Jarrett Jack as our backup PG.

No one here has said he should be the starter... unless... Lonzo continues to struggle all next season AND if somehow IT regains his Boston form. Even then, I still like what Zo brings to the table defensively, so I'm happy to keep starting him as long as the team keeps winning because he's our future. I simply don't get those who hate IT so much that they rather go with a G League backup than a former all star. Makes no sense to me.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

IT is not coming back to be a backup to Lonzo
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

He literally just said he would consider it. I'm sure he doesn't want to do it... but he said he would.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

He literally just said he would consider it. I'm sure he doesn't want to do it... but he said he would.

Only if we have a super team otherwise he can be a starter for the Jazz or even New York, those are 2 teams who might give him a starting role and some nice Benjamin’s.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

i trust what he said to a reporter who wrote an article for him then what he said in a fan Q&A
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1303, 1304, 1305 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1304 of 2680
Jump to: