OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1307, 1308, 1309 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Ok, I'm officially over IT! KCP is the one we should look to re-sign, along with Julius. KCP is young, can shoot it and plays D. Even when he messes up, his effort to get it back doesn't go unnoticed.

According to Larry Coon, Randles camp may be asking for 20M per a season

If they give him a new contract starting at $19 - $20 million next season, it becomes very difficult to execute a two mid tier Max plan with one signed in summer 2018 and the other signed in summer 2019.

As improved as Randle is, I think we have to think long and hard of allocating 1/5 of our cap space to him. Might be better to try and work out a sign and trade.

I would also think hard about offering him anything note worthy, he’s been putting up nice stats, but he’s the same Randle that makes annoying turnovers, this is why I never understood the talk of bringing back Randle with LeBron and PG, it’s mathematically hard unless Randle is willing to accept a reasonable contract

Cmon man, I was a huge Randle critic the last couple years but he has cut down on the boneheaded plays ALOT and his vision is night and day compared to two years ago. Imagine teams trying to PnR us to death and they are faced with Randle/Bron, or Randle/PG. I'd have to think about 20m but he's definitely worth a long term investment at the right price.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Ok, I'm officially over IT! KCP is the one we should look to re-sign, along with Julius. KCP is young, can shoot it and plays D. Even when he messes up, his effort to get it back doesn't go unnoticed.

If they give him a new contract starting at $19 - $20 million next season, it becomes very difficult to execute a two mid tier Max plan with one signed in summer 2018 and the other signed in summer 2019.

As improved as Randle is, I think we have to think long and hard of allocating 1/5 of our cap space to him. Might be better to try and work out a sign and trade.

I would also think hard about offering him anything note worthy, he’s been putting up nice stats, but he’s the same Randle that makes annoying turnovers, this is why I never understood the talk of bringing back Randle with LeBron and PG, it’s mathematically hard unless Randle is willing to accept a reasonable contract

Which we will be little weaker in rebounding if we lose Randle.

They can ask all they want no ones giving Randle 20m

That's why we are trying to keep him at his cap hold number.

No they aren’t, they had that chance before the season and passed it up, now it will cost them more. The FO screwed up on that one.

few weeks back you gave props to Pelinka for trying to sign Randle before the season

sigh
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
What are we going to do about KCP? Do we sign him instead of PG?

To me PG is the top off season priority. If he stays in OKC or heads elsewhere though I wouldn't mind seeing KCP back on either a one year deal or a reasonable contract.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

No they aren’t, they had that chance before the season and passed it up, now it will cost them more. The FO screwed up on that one.

few weeks back you gave props to Pelinka for trying to sign Randle before the season

sigh

No I didn’t, I had no idea before Larry’s interview. They passed because they didn’t think Randle was worth it and valued their fantasy dream over what they already had. Evidently they failed to recognize talent.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

sigh

No I didn’t, I had no idea before Larry’s interview. They passed because they didn’t think Randle was worth it and valued their fantasy dream over what they already had. Evidently they failed to recognize talent.

i just don't have time to give you receipts now.

but hey anything to hold on to bash the FO.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

It definitely appears to be a mistake....but one that I admittedly would have made also at the time. That being said, I get that I am pretty much alone on this, but I am still not convinced Randle is going to get a large offer....actually, I do not think he will. I just do not see a team that will have cap space that I expect to be in the market for Randle.....and I still suspect that Parker and Gordon could be had for the right price, and most teams still value them more than Randle.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Right, but that would have killed their two max plan from the beginning. Any chance to crap on the FO I guess....

No it wouldn’t, it was basically Randle’s cap hold. Same as it will be this offseason.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr's net ORtg and DRtg for Cleveland is insane right now at 134/106. For reference they were 124/104 for the Lakers this season
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

sigh

Look at them. Valuing all-star and HOF talent over a guy who hadn't proven himself yet. They still have a great PROBLEM. Get the HOF TALENT, and find a way to keep the guy playing at an ALL-STAR LEVEL.

OR, don't get the HOF talent, and re-sign the guy playing at an ALL-STAR LEVEL, and hope he improves. Whether their decision was FANTASY or not, they are trying to put the Lakers in a position to win CHAMPIONSHIPS.

You don't get to championship level paying guys like Clarkson and Nance.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It definitely appears to be a mistake....but one that I admittedly would have made also at the time. That being said, I get that I am pretty much alone on this, but I am still not convinced Randle is going to get a large offer....actually, I do not think he will. I just do not see a team that will have cap space that I expect to be in the market for Randle.....and I still suspect that Parker and Gordon could be had for the right price, and most teams still value them more than Randle.

It is only a mistake if they plan on carrying cap over to 2019, otherwise his cap hold is the same. If it takes $5 mil more to re-sign him then that hurts 2019. The red flag to me is them not recognizing the talent and how great of a deal they were getting. Any franchise valuing Parker over Randle deserves the disappointment they will undoubtedly suffer.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Right, but that would have killed their two max plan from the beginning. Any chance to crap on the FO I guess....

No it wouldn’t, it was basically Randle’s cap hold. Same as it will be this offseason.

Yes, it would have. They have to rescind Randle's caphold to have money for two max contracts without trading Deng. Giving Randle a contract before the season would have killed their plan.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It is only a mistake if they plan on carrying cap over to 2019, otherwise his cap hold is the same. If it takes $5 mil more to re-sign him then that hurts 2019. The red flag to me is them not recognizing the talent and how great of a deal they were getting. Any franchise valuing Parker over Randle deserves the disappointment they will undoubtedly suffer.

What talent did they fail to recognize? A guy that was averaging 13 and 8, and was a bad defender?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I disagree, it is always a mistake when you pay more for an asset at a later date than you could have obtained it if action was taken on an earlier date. In regards to 2019, I think a strong argument could be made that Randle locked up on a $12.4 Million contract could pretty easily be moved during this upcoming season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What talent did they fail to recognize? A guy that was averaging 13 and 8, and was a bad defender?

I guess if you don’t understand the progression of young players you fall into the same boat. The talent was there but the experience to understand how players develop obviously wasn’t. Using your logic, we should cut bait now and send Lonzo elsewhere, he is the player he always will be. One reason someone like Jerry West is great is because he is able to ignore what is there and instead see what will be. You evidently lack that ability and the FO were obviously short sided as well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Cmon man, I was a huge Randle critic the last couple years but he has cut down on the boneheaded plays ALOT and his vision is night and day compared to two years ago. Imagine teams trying to PnR us to death and they are faced with Randle/Bron, or Randle/PG. I'd have to think about 20m but he's definitely worth a long term investment at the right price.

I agree that he has Improved on his mistake errors, but 20M seems to be a way of saying show me the money or I will go to another team, we don’t need that kind of distraction, this could be a situation were Randles agent tries to milk the Lakers into paying him a lot more then he is worth.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Anyone who would trade Ingram over Lonzo is absurd.

Here is the thing the Spurs don't give a F about what we want it's Ingram or no deal.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Palin wrote:
Deng, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, 2019 cavs pick for Kawhi and Mills

Sign PG and Dedmon, resign Randle, i think it all works out

Lonzo/Mills
PG / Hart
Kawhi / cap exception
Randle / 2nd round pick
Dedmon / Bryant

The Spurs will send Kawhi east though.

Like how Cavs traded Kyrie to the west? They traded him not only in East but to their rivals

The difference is that the Cavs are stupid.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jason Jones
@mr_jasonjones
I hear former Kings star DeMarcus Cousins has reached out to the family of Stephon Clark to cover funeral expenses.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
Jason Jones
@mr_jasonjones
I hear former Kings star DeMarcus Cousins has reached out to the family of Stephon Clark to cover funeral expenses.

That's for real. Good on Boogie.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
Jason Jones
@mr_jasonjones

Very respectful DMC.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Palin wrote:
Deng, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, 2019 cavs pick for Kawhi and Mills

Sign PG and Dedmon, resign Randle, i think it all works out

Lonzo/Mills
PG / Hart
Kawhi / cap exception
Randle / 2nd round pick
Dedmon / Bryant

The Spurs will send Kawhi east though.

Like how Cavs traded Kyrie to the west? They traded him not only in East but to their rivals

The conference isn't as significant as the timeline.

The perception is that Cleveland is in the back nine of a contender timeline while Gilbert has already moved to the next step in the lifecycle which is the start of a tear-down, where you cash in your existing players (and eventually cap space) to seed a rebuild around draft picks and prospects. The Celtics are at the beginning of a contender timeline. That puts them at almost the polar opposite position and given their ownership of the Brooklyn pick the perfect trade partner. In some ways that sucks for LeBron but in others he dictated that by refusing to commit.

Pop is 69 and probably only has a couple more seasons to coach. They aren't looking at a tear down. They want to compete during that time period before someone like Udoka takes over and can do the rebuild thing.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

To me PG is the top off season priority. If he stays in OKC or heads elsewhere though I wouldn't mind seeing KCP back on either a one year deal or a reasonable contract.

If George and LeBron don't come, Pope on a multi-year deal at MLE money (preferably 3 year with the last year a partial) is a good way to go. Helps keep you competitive and can even be looked at as an asset gained by the bear market. Even if his play ends up making it hard to cash him in he would be easy to get off your cap.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If George and LeBron don't come, Pope on a multi-year deal at MLE money (preferably 3 year with the last year a partial) is a good way to go. Helps keep you competitive and can even be looked at as an asset gained by the bear market. Even if his play ends up making it hard to cash him in he would be easy to get off your cap.

man, imagine the look KCP gives Rich Paul when he's offered MLE level deals after turning down 5 years/80m.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

man, imagine the look KCP gives Rich Paul when he's offered MLE level deals after turning down 5 years/80m.

Rich Paul needs that reality check
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1307, 1308, 1309 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1308 of 2680
Jump to: