OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1479, 1480, 1481 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I was against signing Rondo....and I still have no issue that we passed....but the evidence does suggest he would have benefited our win column.

He’s a better fit with New Orleans, they have a superstar and good shooters he would have been redundant here especially when Ball is basically a Rondo clone what we need is a scoring PG someone like Burke.

I think the issue is Ball missed over 30 games.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Does Rudy Gay and/or Danny Green opt out this summer?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I was against signing Rondo....and I still have no issue that we passed....but the evidence does suggest he would have benefited our win column.

He’s a better fit with New Orleans, they have a superstar and good shooters he would have been redundant here especially when Ball is basically a Rondo clone what we need is a scoring PG someone like Burke.

He would have been a great option this year by taking pressure off of Zo. Not sure about next year with Lonzo's presumed improvement and FA additions.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Whiteside: “Coach wants me to just be in a corner and set picks.”

To think the Lakers couldn't even get a meeting with Whiteside in that summer of 2016. Now he's gonna be traded this offseason probably, ideally seems like Wizards and Bucks would make sense.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

To think the Lakers couldn't even get a meeting with Whiteside in that summer of 2016. Now he's gonna be traded this offseason probably, ideally seems like Wizards and Bucks would make sense.

Mitch was waiting for July 1st, while Whiteside had his contract signed and sealed for heat
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He would have been a great option this year by taking pressure off of Zo. Not sure about next year with Lonzo's presumed improvement and FA additions.

Again.. Rondo is at his best when he has shooters to pass it to, if we acquire shooters or sign a few then yeah maybe he would make sense.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Mitch was waiting for July 1st, while Whiteside had his contract signed and sealed for heat

Do we know Mitch had a strong interest in Whiteside?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Here is what I believe:

The Lakers want to keep their young core together and just add to it. Signing Lebron and PG are their first choice. That way they can keep their core and add 2 pieces that would make them instant title contenders.

If they sign 1 of the 2, PG or Lebron, they make an offer for Kawhi. They don't offer too much because they feel that they can get him in 2019. This is a similar situation to the PG scenario last season. I think they feel that with either PG or Lebron( more likely PG because, I don't think Lebron comes without another star player) plus this young core wouldn't be enough to entice him to come next summer.

If they fail to sign either of them, they will go hard after Kawhi. Trading for him would require giving up a lot of assets that i'm not sure the front office want to do. So unless they whiff on signing PG or Lebron, I'm not sure they go all in and give up a Kuzma and Ingram.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

It's zero chance of happening and probably not possible to happen at all financially, but thought what if the Warriors are able to convince DeMarcus Cousins to sign a 1 year prove it deal with a chance to win a ring, while able to do a sign and trade based around Iggy & Livingston to cut some of that payroll and have a big 5 of Curry, Klay, Durant, Draymond, & Cousins.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Jesusdelonla wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

I remember that year around FA, everyone was saying on the radio rather we can sign Whiteside. He spit on the Lakers and didn’t even care what pitch they had in mind.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Here is what I believe:

The Lakers want to keep their young core together and just add to it. Signing Lebron and PG are their first choice. That way they can keep their core and add 2 pieces that would make them instant title contenders.

If they sign 1 of the 2, PG or Lebron, they make an offer for Kawhi. They don't offer too much because they feel that they can get him in 2019. This is a similar situation to the PG scenario last season. I think they feel that with either PG or Lebron( more likely PG because, I don't think Lebron comes without another star player) plus this young core wouldn't be enough to entice him to come next summer.

If they fail to sign either of them, they will go hard after Kawhi. Trading for him would require giving up a lot of assets that i'm not sure the front office want to do. So unless they whiff on signing PG or Lebron, I'm not sure they go all in and give up a Kuzma and Ingram.

I think if they sign Lebron and PG-13, they will go even harder for Kawhi....it will be all about win now.....Kawhi is win now.....Ingram and Kuzma is hopefully win tomorrow.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

I remember that year around FA, everyone was saying on the radio rather we can sign Whiteside. He spit on the Lakers and didn’t even care what pitch they had in mind.

what are you talking about? people on the radio?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

i mean sure, if we can trust people on podcast, we can trust people on radio, right?

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Lakers talk, they always talk about off season moves for the Lakers which is hosted by Allen Silwa, and also afternoon talk with Ireland and Mason, I remember clearly that radio hosts and fans were trying to find what if we can sign Whiteside but like I mentioned he didn’t care about the pitch meeting.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Do we know Mitch had a strong interest in Whiteside?

i read somewhere whiteside people were waiting for call, while Mitch/Jim were waiting on the midnight call
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

i mean sure, if we can trust people on podcast, we can trust people on radio, right?

sure, when intelligent trusted voices with a record are on the radio, which is rare. All podcasts are not created equal...i can you give you my playlist if you would like.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
It's zero chance of happening and probably not possible to happen at all financially, but thought what if the Warriors are able to convince DeMarcus Cousins to sign a 1 year prove it deal with a chance to win a ring, while able to do a sign and trade based around Iggy & Livingston to cut some of that payroll and have a big 5 of Curry, Klay, Durant, Draymond, & Cousins.

A sign-and-trade of Cousins to the Warriors for Iggy and Livingston would work financially, as the two current Warriors combine to make about $24.3MM next season. So Cousins could get something like $25-30MM on a 1-year deal, if that's what you were thinking.

As for the Pels, it's similar to the Otto Porter idea, in that they would help their depth while using Cousins in a sign-and-trade. But in this case, they would be presumably strengthening a conference rival, although perhaps they would think that Cousins won't be the same and that GS was weakening their depth. Who knows.

Oh, and adkindo, to answer your question, I still think Cousins can get $30MM a year, although probably not for 5 years now. My best guess is that his market value will be $25-30MM a year for 3-4 guaranteed years. I thought he'd get a full max from somebody for sure a few months ago, and maybe he still will, but I'm hedging on that now just a bit.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Steph Curry: MCL Out
KD: Goes to Locker room with Ankle Injury
S Livingston: Injured with Ankle Injury
Iggy :Playing at 60% best

fontana3d: we still can't beat the warriors with Lebron/KL/PG
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

That BS whiteside wanted nothing to do with us I can bring up the article where he said he had no interest in the Lakers
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Here is what I believe:

I think if they sign Lebron and PG-13, they will go even harder for Kawhi....it will be all about win now.....Kawhi is win now.....Ingram and Kuzma is hopefully win tomorrow.

I completely disagree. You put Lebron and PG, with Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart and a resigned Randle that is a win RIGHT NOW team.

I believe if the Lakers sign Lebron and PG, Randle would except his qualifying offer and get his money next summer, just to be apart of this soon to be Juggernaut. I also believe IT would and Brook would be looking to take a under market deal to stay. Not sure how that would shake out but, if not, other ring chasing vets would be willing to sign on for under the market deals.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

sure, when intelligent trusted voices with a record are on the radio, which is rare. All podcasts are not created equal...i can you give you my playlist if you would like.

always share the wealth, Adkindo

ill listen, but @ 2x speed
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers plan to aggressively pursue Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside when NBA free agency starts, according to league sources.

Quote:
Hassan Whiteside won’t meet with the Lakers. He’ll hold three meetings – with the Heat, Mavericks and Blazers – in New York.

From 2 offseasons ago.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers talk, they always talk about off season moves for the Lakers which is hosted by Allen Silwa, and also afternoon talk with Ireland and Mason, I remember clearly that radio hosts and fans were trying to find what if we can sign Whiteside but like I mentioned he didn’t care about the pitch meeting.

can't comment on Ireland and Mason....but I have listened to Allen Silwa, and in my opinion he knows nothing about what is going on in El Segundo....and his callers are often hilariously uninformed about the CBA, the cap and other basketball related topics.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Why would we? We had no more Kobe, were a rebuilding team looking like we'd be bottom 3 again while kids developed, and Whiteside was still under the impression they'd have Wade, AND they were already a playoff team.

The only reason we even got meetings with max players from 2012 till Kobe retired was because we still had Kobe on the roster and he was still able to evoke a "what if" in their minds out of their respect for him.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

A sign-and-trade of Cousins to the Warriors for Iggy and Livingston would work financially, as the two current Warriors combine to make about $24.3MM next season. So Cousins could get something like $25-30MM on a 1-year deal, if that's what you were thinking.

As for the Pels, it's similar to the Otto Porter idea, in that they would help their depth while using Cousins in a sign-and-trade. But in this case, they would be presumably strengthening a conference rival, although perhaps they would think that Cousins won't be the same and that GS was weakening their depth. Who knows.

Oh, and adkindo, to answer your question, I still think Cousins can get $30MM a year, although probably not for 5 years now. My best guess is that his market value will be $25-30MM a year for 3-4 guaranteed years. I thought he'd get a full max from somebody for sure a few months ago, and maybe he still will, but I'm hedging on that now just a bit.

If I'm Cousins, I would jump on that deal ASAP. He would add a ring to his career more than likely with probably the greatest starting 5 assembled and could look to get paid from another team the season after. But, not sure if the Warriors would do that, but they are always looking to add more stars and ways to improve the team. But, would probably leave the team in a weird place with Draymond & Klay being free agents in 2019 along with Cousins hypothetically.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1479, 1480, 1481 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1480 of 2680
Jump to: