OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1495, 1496, 1497 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Kawhi... doesn't even want to play or is badly hurt (Let's trade half the team for him!)

George... shoots like crap the last half of the season and chokes badly last game (he's fantastic... can't wait until he's here)

Jimmy Butler... invisible this series scoring 13 and 11.

LeBron... outscores Klay, Giannis, and even AD (He's finished... we shouldn't sign him.)

SMH...

lets sign IT, the savior

SMH

Yeah, I want to sign him if he passes the physical for one year to be our backup point guard. Exactly the same thing as trading our core and signing a player to a max contract that might have a degenerative quad.

Find it funny that you asked me to stop giving you sh*t and yet hear you are again stirring it up the next day after I honored your request.

Next time I'll know you don't really mean it.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Miami fans are this close to "Kwame Brown'ing" Whiteside and running him out of town. I'm seriously afraid we're going to end up with him The guy just isn't all there.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Kawhi... doesn't even want to play or is badly hurt (Let's trade half the team for him!)

George... shoots like crap the last half of the season and chokes badly last game (he's fantastic... can't wait until he's here)

LeBron... outscores Klay, Giannis, and even AD (He's finished... we shouldn't sign him.)

SMH...

lets sign IT, the savior

SMH

Yeah, I want to sign him if he passes the physical for one year to be our backup point guard. Exactly the same thing as trading our core and signing a player to a max contract that might have a degenerative quad.

Find it funny that you asked me to stop giving you sh*t and yet hear you are again stirring it up the next day after I honored your request.

you don't want to sign top 3 players @ their position and THE best player in NBA in lebron but want to sign IT

hmm, thats weird. I am also not giving u (bleep), i am just responding to the thinking where top players are not worth trading/signing for but IT is
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

KobeGotRobbed4x wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
What do you guys think Aaron Gordon gets from the magic? And do fans here think Randle is better?

Gordon has a higher ceiling

Nah. Randle can play 1-5 on both ends. I don't think Gordon could stop Embiid at the end of a game multiple times in a row in single coverage situations.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Miami fans are this close to "Kwame Brown'ing" Whiteside and running him out of town. I'm seriously afraid we're going to end up with him The guy just isn't all there.

And you base that on....what exactly?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

SMH...

lets sign IT, the savior

SMH

you don't want to sign top 3 players @ their position and THE best player in NBA in lebron but want to sign IT

hmm, thats weird. I am also not giving u (bleep), i am just responding to the thinking where top players are not worth trading/signing for but IT is

I want to sign Paul George... but I don't have unrealistic expectations
He is a solid second or third option who fits our team. Nothing more.
I also never wanted to trade Ingram for him.

I want to sign LBJ... as long as he doesn't to try to trade our core.

I want Kawhi... if he plays next year and is healthy. Don't want to trade two pieces of our core to get him.

The three we are discussing are all max contract players... completely different discussion than IT

I have never said we should sign him to a max. Before his hip went bad again... I said we should sign him to a three year deal and trade him if Kawhi or Klay came available. When he needed surgery, I said we should only sign him to a one year deal to see if he recovered.

I have always said the two max plan comes first.

However, since Ball is hurt and hasn't been able to shoot... I have said we must have a good reliable point guard to back him up. I don't think we can get Seth Curry or even Trey Burke for one season... so IT makes sense as a backup until Aaron Holiday, Brunson, Shamet, or whatever PG we draft proves they can cover for Lonzo.

IT playing like garbage (for him) averaged 15.6 PPG and 5.0 APG.

We'd be overjoyed if a rookie backup PG produced those numbers and it is virtually guaranteed he will score more than that if healthy.

But my desire for a competent backup vs. the priority of signing two elites is two separate issues.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Miami will be looking to move Whiteside in the offseason - obviously. Under certain circumstances, depending on how badly they want to move him, they may be willing to take or give us back something of enough value for us to do it. Imagine if they were willing to take Deng back for his vet presence? I'd think that would give Magic/Rob pause. Certainly Luke's ego would say that he could figure out a way to motivate Whiteside. What if Miami tossed in a pick as well?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Judah wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Miami will be looking to move Whiteside in the offseason - obviously. Under certain circumstances, depending on how badly they want to move him, they may be willing to take or give us back something of enough value for us to do it. Imagine if they were willing to take Deng back for his vet presence? I'd think that would give Magic/Rob pause. Certainly Luke's ego would say that he could figure out a way to motivate Whiteside. What if Miami tossed in a pick as well?

Whiteside makes way more than Deng. What in the world would be the point of moving Deng’s albatross contract just to inherit an even worse one, especially when their goal is to sign two max guys (while trying to retain Randle as well) and potentially trade for a third? And somehow Luke Walton has some ego that would factor into this nonsense scenario? This is one of the most irrational posts I've read in awhile, and it’s primarily because there seems to be baseless presuppositions at the heart of it.

Last edited by Judah on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Judah wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Whiteside makes way more than Deng. What in the world would be the point of moving Deng’s albatross contract just to inherit an even worse one, especially when their goal is to sign two max guys and potentially trade for a third? And somehow Luke Walton has some ego that would factor into this nonsense scenario? This is one of the most irrational posts I've read in awhile, and it’s primarily because there seems to be baseless presuppositions at the heart of it.

and this is why this board sucks... posters like you...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Yeah, great counterargument there.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

yeah he got paid... all he really wanted.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

You guys don't realize you are ruining these boards. It used to be fun to speculate about ideas here. Now there's a handful of posters that are on here 24 hours a day who have staked out their claim to this certain area of internet real estate. Your response was totally uncalled for but I guess since the mods didn't do anything, that is the type of response they want around here?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Everything I said was directed at your post, sir. You’re crying and criticizing the mods over nothing. Your post made absolutely no sense and I interacted with it. Dude, get over yourself with this lol.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Judah wrote:

You guys don't realize you are ruining these boards. It used to be fun to speculate about ideas here. Now there's a handful of posters that are on here 24 hours a day who have staked out their claim to this certain area of internet real estate. Your response was totally uncalled for but I guess since the mods didn't do anything, that is the type of response they want around here?

If the mods felt the need to do something about this exchange, you’d be the recipient, as you’re the one who went to the personal attack.

Judah criticized your post. You attacked him.

If you don’t like having your fantasy proposals picked apart, don’t post them.

A week or two ago, you wasted multiple pages on scenarios that weren’t even in the realm of reality, and now you got triggered because someone has the audacity to call your latest gem out for what it is- a fantasy that will never happen. Maybe most people don’t want to spend time discussing your personal flights of fancy.

If anything is ruining this board, it’s people wasting time whining when their nonsense posts that have no relationship to reality aren’t taken seriously or discussed for hours on end.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Judah wrote:

If the mods felt the need to do something about this exchange, you’d be the recipient, as you’re the one who went to the personal attack.

Judah criticized your post. You attacked him.

If you don’t like having your fantasy proposals picked apart, don’t post them.

A week or two ago, you wasted multiple pages on scenarios that weren’t even in the realm of reality, and now you got triggered because someone has the audacity to call your latest gem out for what it is- a fantasy that will never happen. Maybe most people don’t want to spend time discussing your personal flights of fancy.

If anything is ruining this board, it’s people wasting time whining when their nonsense posts that have no relationship to reality aren’t taken seriously or discussed for hours on end.

yeah, I notice a lot of new posters around here... (that's sarcasm btw) such an inviting atmosphere... wonder why they're going elsewhere when you defend the attacker...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Its still mind boggling how the players and league agreed that one guy should be able to prevent 30-40 percent of a franchises spending power...I mean how can you possibly be successful paying that much to one guy?

It’s a pay to play league. If you want to succeed you have to pay the going rate. People wonder how the Thunder and Warriors can spend $200 mil a season when the question should be why wouldn’t they? They have aspirations of winning a title and that requires spending.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Hassan gets bought out, then we can sign him for the min
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Hopefully Hassan gets bought out, then we can sign him for the min

Why?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Superstars aren't getting paid enough when you see many scrubs earning 15-18M due to to cap limit. Especially the all time great talents.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Jr>>whiteside
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Jr>>whiteside

yes. Whiteside just doesn't have the hunger factor.

no thanks to whiteside
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Any chance Ray Allen will come out of retirement and join the Lakers if we create a super team?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Any chance Ray Allen will come out of retirement and join the Lakers if we create a super team?

He should be our shooting coach
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not sure if serious... he'll be 43 on July 20th, Gadget.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Jr>>whiteside

yes. Whiteside just doesn't have the hunger factor.

no thanks to whiteside

Whiteside could be a third string center next year. Dude has the mental toughness of Bynum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1495, 1496, 1497 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1496 of 2680
Jump to: