OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Not in love with the talent implications, but how about Jordan/Randle for Mirotic/Valentine?

If LA had intel LeGeorge was coming, they could decline Mirotic's option and hang onto Valentine. If it looked like they weren't going to land two (or even one) Mirotic allows them to push space forward a year instead of LA having to pump significant years into a Randle contract. Also, if you needed a contract to facilitate a S&T for a star, Mirotic on a one-year deal plus some modest assets isn't a bad place to start where the incumbent team's option is to lose their player for nothing. Would probably require either moving the option date (6/29) or some pre-July winking a la CP3.

Chicago would leverage the market against Randle and teams would probably figure the Bulls would match anyway. Jordan and Levine are tight and the pairing could be nice offensively.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Not in love with the talent implications, but how about Jordan/Randle for Mirotic/Valentine?

If LA had intel LeGeorge was coming, they could decline Mirotic's option and hang onto Valentine. If it looked like they weren't going to land two (or even one) Mirotic allows them to push space forward a year instead of LA having to pump significant years into a Randle contract. Also, if you needed a contract to facilitate a S&T for a star, Mirotic on a one-year deal plus some modest assets isn't a bad place to start where the incumbent team's option is to lose their player for nothing. Would probably require either moving the option date (6/29) or some pre-July winking a la CP3.

Chicago would leverage the market against Randle and teams would probably figure the Bulls would match anyway. Jordan and Levine are tight and the pairing could be nice offensively.

That's a yes from me for the floor spacing alone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Horrible how Westbrook, PG and Melo can’t work together. And how PG would barely see the ball and a 3rd option.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

PG sure looked like he was having fun tonight....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

We badly need 3pt shooters on this team.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

worst roster construction for 3 years running now. Nance, randle, deng, kuz, Ingram all play the same position.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

If we are going to attract two max players in the summer it will be because of Lonzo Ball. Lonzo is the franchise player. I think at some point the Lakers need to take a look at trading Ingram. Whether it's at the trade deadline or in the summer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject:

We need an all star who can play make bad!
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Randle will never have enough value for us to dump Deng.

The hope (or prayer), needs to be that he'll have enough value so we can get back a slightly better deal than Deng's (but still very bad).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
Randle will never have enough value for us to dump Deng.

The hope (or prayer), needs to be that he'll have enough value so we can get back a slightly better deal than Deng's (but still very bad).

Or break his 17m deal into 2 smaller pieces. More tradeable.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If we are going to attract two max players in the summer it will be because of Lonzo Ball. Lonzo is the franchise player. I think at some point the Lakers need to take a look at trading Ingram. Whether it's at the trade deadline or in the summer.

I'm for keeping Lonzo and cashing in our other trading chips while they still have the luster of youthful promise on them. This team has too many young players, not enough shooting, and no go-to guy. If we can exchange some of what we have for what we need, let's do it.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering what the plan is exactly... We traded away D'Lo, a 2nd overall pick, for nothing more than basically a salary dump. Hated the trade at the time, and probably hate it even more now. The idea was that opening up cap space would allow us room to sign to max FA's: Lebron and PG13. I'm finding it harder and harder to believe any max level FA would even give us the time of day seeing the product we are putting on the floor, we could easily be a bottom 3 team with our top pick going to Boston...

So what will the plan be next offseason if Magic/Rob strike out on top FA's? They talked such a big game coming in, will be interesting to see what the implications will be if they strike out. Will they waste all the cap space on average role players, ala Deng/Mozgov route which ultimately got Mitch and Jim fired? Will they try tugging Laker fan's heart strings once again by punting cap space another year for another shot at free agency, something we've seen Mitch and Jim do time and time again? Keep in mind that this offseason, there will not be a top 5 pick to give fans hope, will be really interesting to see how the FO will try to spin this.

That being said, Magic and Rob clearly have a goal this offseason, whether or not it ends up working remains to be seen. I'll give them time and patience just like I gave Mitch and Jim, but ultimately if their max FA plan does not work out, we basically gave away a top 2 pick, an entire season of unwatchable basketball and tanking, for absolutely nothing. They will deserve every bit of criticism and anger heading their way.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

If OKC makes it to the WCF, I don't see how PG comes here.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
There are fears that Chris Paul's knee problem could sideline him for a month in Houston, according to league sources
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
There are fears that Chris Paul's knee problem could sideline him for a month in Houston, according to league sources

Yeah, so what?
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

If we're going to attract two max players we need to be attractive. Trading BI after losing 50 games rules that out. It's 40 or bust.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I really thing Boogie is someone we can get. Either free agent or at trade deadline if the pelicans implode
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I really thing Boogie is someone we can get. Either free agent or at trade deadline if the pelicans implode

I think Boogie is absolutely our recalibrated max slot target. Question is whether the Lakers think they have to trade for him to get his bird rights or if they hope things go so badly in New Orleans they're the only ones willing to offer him max money anyway. Lopez + Randle?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I think Boogie is absolutely our recalibrated max slot target. Question is whether the Lakers think they have to trade for him to get his bird rights or if they hope things go so badly in New Orleans they're the only ones willing to offer him max money anyway. Lopez + Randle?

I think if things go bad Pelicans absolutely have to trade him. Their cap situation is so bad. So if they lost boogie for nothing they wouldn't have cap this summer to sign anyone else. Their ability to resign him is only cause they his bird rights.

So yeah might as well get someone now. Randle or Ingram....
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I think if things go bad Pelicans absolutely have to trade him. Their cap situation is so bad. So if they lost boogie for nothing they wouldn't have cap this summer to sign anyone else. Their ability to resign him is only cause they his bird rights.

I don't know if the franchise can stomach trading Ingram to get Cousins. If he's packaged with Brook, that means they essentially traded DLO and Ingram for Cousins, which uh......
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, so what?

If we had PG13 or Cousins right now we would likely be a playoff team, a lot of injuries, we have to make a push for Cousins IMO, there might be more injuries piling up in the WC and that will open the door for us.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I don't know if the franchise can stomach trading Ingram to get Cousins. If he's packaged with Brook, that means they essentially traded DLO and Ingram for Cousins, which uh......

yeah. i think randle +lopez or randle +KCP.

Only way i give up ingram is if they take deng lol.

We probably need to take Asik back.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

yeah. i think randle +lopez or randle +KCP.

Only way i give up ingram is if they take deng lol.

We probably need to take Asik back.

If it comes to that, I'm not even sure I see the point of giving up what meager assets we possess to dump Deng. For whom are we clearing cap space? If Lebron and PG stay put (or join one of the 28 better teams) who else is out there? At that point we do what we should have been doing all along: developing what young talent we have.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
If OKC makes it to the WCF, I don't see how PG comes here.

I don't see how he comes here even if OKC only makes the semis. He won't make a deep playoff run with a top 4 WCF team, but he will with the worst team in the West?

Last edited by pjiddy on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

my dream is Boogie this summer...klay next year haha.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 16 of 2680
Jump to: