OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1530, 1531, 1532 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I believe Whiteside signed last year so he has a few years left.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hate it but our big off season can be signing PG and getting Whiteside on the cheap..

Just curious, why do all your quotes appear at the bottom of your posts? Its like trying to keep up with one of Magic's no look passes and trying to readjust
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
our big off season can be signing PG.

FIFY
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

You can just post before the first quote

trablos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
I believe Whiteside signed last year so he has a few years left.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hate it but our big off season can be signing PG and getting Whiteside on the cheap..

Just curious, why do all your quotes appear at the bottom of your posts? Its like trying to keep up with one of Magic's no look passes and trying to readjust

Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Hassan Whiteside makes less then zero sense if Luke Walton is our coach. Whiteside is having trouble getting minutes in Miami, and our offense is 10x more small ball ish.

We need a center that’s gonna be okay with not finishing every game. I’m pretty sure Ingram was the only guy on our team that never sat on the bench at the end of the game, every single other player on our roster had games where they didn’t finish.

Whiteside gonna throw a tantrum the first game that happens. Not to mention the absolute (bleep) fit with Randle either
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Boogie is coming off of a major injury and has a history of clashing with headcoaches, what kind of team desperate enough to offer him the max? I wouldn't give him more than $20M/yr with team options. I'd let other more desperate teams outbid me for him. We are only just getting out of the Deng and Moz deals. I don't want Deng and Moz 2.0.

Amazing after he got out of Sacramento he hasn't been an issue at all.

Also Cousins didn't class with Miller, and the Kings FO responded by firing him when the Kings were losing while Cousins was out.

That's the kind of FO we're dealing with. Then George Karl came in and on day one entertained the idea to the media he'd trade Cousins if a scenario came up to do so on the first day. You're asking for issues at that point.

Case in point why I've always said the best way to get a guy like Cousins is in Free Agency as opposed to in a trade. Because in Free Agency he has the choice, and there is no "I didn't decide to be a part of this" in it.

There's a vision and expectation that would be asked of him by both Magic and Luke, and if he made the choice to be a part of that you're already starting on the right foot. If he didn't, he wouldn't sign, and you then don't have to deal with it. Again, win/win either way.

Omar Little wrote:

There are some posters, like Larry Coon, for whom the sight of a page-long post is, "Ooh, this is gonna be good, I gotta read this". Larry is an example of a guy who is too complete a thought guy for a twitter post.

Then there are other guys, like say, you, who would be well served to pretend this is twitter. If you hit, say, 150 characters and your thought isn't finished, trust me, it is, about 75 characters ago. Oh, and never, never, never quote themselves into an already long post. Less is more.

Think about this so I don't have to.

Thanks for the insinuation that I don't put thought into my posts in comparison, and picking a post with which I actually didn't constantly repeat myself to get the point across (which I've actually been working on).

Sometimes I find myself needing to repeat myself because I could put an explanatory post (such as A timeline of an achillies injury), which I actually put and time and effort in that will pretty much get passed over in a debate from someone that pulled their numbers from nowhere. Such as if I breakdown the percentile of a player that shows they're a great spot up shooter and that they're a terrible driver to the basket, and then about two posts below the person you've shown this to acts like they didn't see any of that whatsoever or moves the goal posts.

So then, from now on when people do that, instead of repeating myself to try to get them to answer the question/response/debate at hand I just won't address it or them till they answer what I asked or stats, etc I bring forth. No point in getting further into that point if I'm going to be eviscerated like I intentionally am repeating myself intentionally just to be annoying and add no substance to a post because of it.

I think you kind of misunderstood what Omar was saying. By ”repeating yourself” he wasn't referring to the way you derail threads with agenda driven posts (namely, your infatuation with Cousins). He was referring to the length of your posts. The repetitious nature of your posts is why they’re always so long-winded. It wouldn't be quite as insufferable if you were willing to get your point(s) across without repeating the same sentence 5 different ways in the same paragraph. In short, he's just advising you to be more succinct.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

The FO isn't going to throw away an opportunity to sign another max player next summer by trading for Whiteside. There's literally no scenario where trading for Whiteside makes a lick of sense for them.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

One more game til Russell ship PG first class mail with his play.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

If we manage to sign PG13, retain Randle and miss out on LeBron then I still think we should look to deal Deng, rights to #25 and a future pick for cap space this offseason. If we delay Randle’s signing, that move opens up ~$30m in cap room after George has signed.

That’s enough to dole out big one year contracts to Lopez and IT, or Lopez and a couple guys like Smart, Wilson Chandler, VanVleet, Hezonja, Joe Harris, Noel, Seth Curry or Belinelli.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The FO isn't going to throw away an opportunity to sign another max player next summer by trading for Whiteside. There's literally no scenario where trading for Whiteside makes a lick of sense for them.

I didn’t figure next summers equation into the possibility so you’re post makes total sense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Boogie is coming off of a major injury and has a history of clashing with headcoaches, what kind of team desperate enough to offer him the max? I wouldn't give him more than $20M/yr with team options. I'd let other more desperate teams outbid me for him. We are only just getting out of the Deng and Moz deals. I don't want Deng and Moz 2.0.

Amazing after he got out of Sacramento he hasn't been an issue at all.

Also Cousins didn't class with Miller, and the Kings FO responded by firing him when the Kings were losing while Cousins was out.

That's the kind of FO we're dealing with. Then George Karl came in and on day one entertained the idea to the media he'd trade Cousins if a scenario came up to do so on the first day. You're asking for issues at that point.

Case in point why I've always said the best way to get a guy like Cousins is in Free Agency as opposed to in a trade. Because in Free Agency he has the choice, and there is no "I didn't decide to be a part of this" in it.

There's a vision and expectation that would be asked of him by both Magic and Luke, and if he made the choice to be a part of that you're already starting on the right foot. If he didn't, he wouldn't sign, and you then don't have to deal with it. Again, win/win either way.

Omar Little wrote:

There are some posters, like Larry Coon, for whom the sight of a page-long post is, "Ooh, this is gonna be good, I gotta read this". Larry is an example of a guy who is too complete a thought guy for a twitter post.

Then there are other guys, like say, you, who would be well served to pretend this is twitter. If you hit, say, 150 characters and your thought isn't finished, trust me, it is, about 75 characters ago. Oh, and never, never, never quote themselves into an already long post. Less is more.

Think about this so I don't have to.

Thanks for the insinuation that I don't put thought into my posts in comparison, and picking a post with which I actually didn't constantly repeat myself to get the point across (which I've actually been working on).

Sometimes I find myself needing to repeat myself because I could put an explanatory post (such as A timeline of an achillies injury), which I actually put and time and effort in that will pretty much get passed over in a debate from someone that pulled their numbers from nowhere. Such as if I breakdown the percentile of a player that shows they're a great spot up shooter and that they're a terrible driver to the basket, and then about two posts below the person you've shown this to acts like they didn't see any of that whatsoever or moves the goal posts.

So then, from now on when people do that, instead of repeating myself to try to get them to answer the question/response/debate at hand I just won't address it or them till they answer what I asked or stats, etc I bring forth. No point in getting further into that point if I'm going to be eviscerated like I intentionally am repeating myself intentionally just to be annoying and add no substance to a post because of it.

I think you kind of misunderstood what Omar was saying. By ”repeating yourself” he wasn't referring to the way you derail threads with agenda driven posts (namely, your infatuation with Cousins). He was referring to the length of your posts. The repetitious nature of your posts is why they’re always so long-winded. It wouldn't be quite as insufferable if you were willing to get your point(s) across without repeating the same sentence 5 different ways in the same paragraph. In short, he's just advising you to be more succinct.

Brevity is the soul of wit.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
If we manage to sign PG13, retain Randle and miss out on LeBron then I still think we should look to deal Deng, rights to #25 and a future pick for cap space this offseason. If we delay Randle’s signing, that move opens up ~$30m in cap room after George has signed.

That’s enough to dole out big one year contracts to Lopez and IT, or Lopez and a couple guys like Smart, Wilson Chandler, VanVleet, Hezonja, Joe Harris, Noel, Seth Curry or Belinelli.

I would think that's the plan also...

if we miss on LeBron (which I don't believe we will), PG + Randle + Lopez + Curry + Hezonja would be my ideal summer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

if we miss on LeBron (which I don't believe we will), PG + Randle + Lopez + Curry + Hezonja would be my ideal summer.

Wow you really think LeBron is coming?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

If the Spurs get eliminated tonight we can start talking to the Spurs about Kawhi Leonard.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If the Spurs get eliminated tonight we can start talking to the Spurs about Kawhi Leonard.

Kawhi's sister insinuates he isn't 100% right now and does indeed want to be playing, but that it's the media that are the ones putting spins on him not wanting to be there.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
32 wrote:

Kawhi's sister insinuates he isn't 100% right now and does indeed want to be playing, but that it's the media that are the ones putting spins on him not wanting to be there.

What are the chances KL told her to say that?
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes, I wonder if people really watch how we want to play. First, we want to play with the fastest pace. Second, we want 5 guys out there, who can grab a rebound, and start the fast break themselves. Lastly, we want to switch everything on defense. So some posters answer to all of that is the lack of switchable of Cousins and IT.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

LeBron is not going anywhere else and might even take a few $ less to be in a Lakers uniform and acquire more free agents.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

LeBron is not going anywhere else and might even take a few $ less to be in a Lakers uniform and acquire more free agents.

I hope so, looks like there is mixed signals on rather he will prefer the Lakers.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
32 wrote:

What are the chances KL told her to say that?

Lmao you’re something else man
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/8eq96b/coming_to_a_court_near_you/
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

I hope so, looks like there is mixed signals on rather he will prefer the Lakers.

Lakers are solid with Magic and RobP running the show. Great place to be along with great young players. The timing is right.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:
On Cousins I hear both sides want to get a deal done but the price has to be right for NO.

Rotoworld's blurb on that:

The Pelicans are considering offering DeMarcus Cousins (left Achilles surgery) a two- or three-year deal at less than the max, according to Zach Lowe of ESPN.

Cousins was inline for a $200-plus million payday this summer, before rupturing his Achilles. The Pels would lose him for nothing if they let him walk. However, they have been playing incredibly well with him sidelined, and there are only a handful of teams that have the cap space to offer a max contract. Thus, New Orleans has all the leverage. It will be one of the more interesting free agent situations this offseason.

Quote:

Cousins didn't suffer a regular injury. He suffered perhaps the most devastating injury that can befall a basketball player. As Kevin Pelton has written often, the recovery track record is discouraging -- if a little scattershot. The sample size of players as large as Cousins who have come back to full strength from an Achilles rupture is practically nonexistent. Cousins' conditioning has sometimes been an issue, and it cannot be for any player rallying from this injury.

A max deal isn't just a number on a cap sheet, though it is that, too. It is a signal: We believe in this player, and are ready to commit our entire organization -- including our playing style -- to fit him. If the deal goes bust due to injury, the team is trapped until it expires. A big deal for Cousins could also take New Orleans into the tax for next season, and it has done everything possible to duck it in the past.

The healthy version of Cousins would have gotten such a deal even if there is not much evidence he helps you win at the highest level. Some of that stain attaches itself to anyone who spends any time in Sacramento. But Cousins' role in poisoning the culture there has been well-documented. He clashed with some -- not all -- coaches and teammates, and had the locker room on permanent egg shells. By all accounts, he has been a more congenial teammate in New Orleans, but no one is ready to assume that persists long-term.

There may be only two suitors among the cap-room brigade: the Mavericks and the Lakers. And L.A.'s interest is unclear. If the Lakers whiff on LeBron and Paul George, they may want to keep their cap room open for 2019 and beyond -- meaning no fat long-term deal for Cousins.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23297808/zach-lowe-anthony-davis-demarcus-cousins-new-orleans-pelicans-nba-playoffs

Cousins goes to highest bidder, and LAL are probably not not entering a bidding war.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
32 wrote:

She didn't say anything related to the last part

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

Lakers are solid with Magic and RobP running the show. Great place to be along with great young players. The timing is right.

What makes the timing better than in Philadelphia?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

just draft Mitchell Robinson...I think his lower likely, if not near floor outcome is Whiteside.....and he is almost 10 years younger and will cost 10x less.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1530, 1531, 1532 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1531 of 2680
Jump to: