OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1531, 1532, 1533 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:
If we manage to sign PG13, retain Randle and miss out on LeBron then I still think we should look to deal Deng, rights to #25 and a future pick for cap space this offseason. If we delay Randle’s signing, that move opens up ~$30m in cap room after George has signed.

That’s enough to dole out big one year contracts to Lopez and IT, or Lopez and a couple guys like Smart, Wilson Chandler, VanVleet, Hezonja, Joe Harris, Noel, Seth Curry or Belinelli.

I would think that's the plan also...

if we miss on LeBron (which I don't believe we will), PG + Randle + Lopez + Curry + Hezonja would be my ideal summer.

Wow you really think LeBron is coming?

LeBron is not going anywhere else and might even take a few $ less to be in a Lakers uniform and acquire more free agents.

I hope so, looks like there is mixed signals on rather he will prefer the Lakers.

Lakers are solid with Magic and RobP running the show. Great place to be along with great young players. The timing is right.

What makes the timing better than in Philadelphia?

According to Embiid they don’t need to add anyone
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
32 wrote:
If the Spurs get eliminated tonight we can start talking to the Spurs about Kawhi Leonard.

Kawhi's sister insinuates he isn't 100% right now and does indeed want to be playing, but that it's the media that are the ones putting spins on him not wanting to be there.

What are the chances KL told her to say that?

https://i.imgur.com/7w8DbxW.gif

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
All this Boogie and IT crap, do they even get along? Not sure if there's beef from their Sac days.

Remember that most of us are only discussing this as a contingency plan if LBJ and PG falls through.

I'm still operating under the assumption that Magic and Rob made the trade knowing two FAs were in place.

Why else would we get rid of Nance and Clarkson after already getting rid of DLO?

So most of this should just be fun banter to kill time while waiting for the playoffs to finish and the draft.

LBJ/PG are most likely because of the two trades I feel.

But if one does fall through... we need a backup point guard.

IT checks that box

Then we need a true center whether it's Lopez or Boogie.

We shouldn't be having full blown arguments because probably the two elites are coming.

Some of you all are crazy though... it's like if you can't marry Kate Upton or Katy Perry... you are going to remain celibate for the rest of your lives.

If you don't get your first pick... you have to make the best of what is left.

This is reality.

I know Cousins should still be way better post injury ...
But that mindset is how we ended up with Love and Deng.
I get there arexother good choices Lakers can make even if they swing and miss on on Bron or PG13 ...
but a better analogy to chasing damaged players is you went after Kate Upton, missed and chose Khloe Lardashian ...

We have a two year window to get our act together before we have to start paying the youngsters.

Mozgov was a one playoff sensation... and Deng was a decent player who many of us still wonder is really the age he claims to be.

I've already said that IT and Boogie aren't my first choices... but who else do you target if we don't get LBJ/PG

KD... most likely stuck at Golden State
Kawhi... we try for next season after we see if he's healthy and so we don't need to give up assets
Steph... also stuck with GSW
Russ... think America has learned that lesson
Harden... amazing this year, but stuck in Houston
Giannis... stuck in Milwaukee
AD... stuck in New Orleans
Jimmy Butler... maybe we try next season, but underwhelming in the playoffs so far
Towns... stuck in Minny... but also underwhelming
Draymond... no need if we want to sign Randle
CP3... happy in Houston... and aging
John Wall... stuck in Washington and I wouldn't want to build around him
Klay... would want him, but his dad says he's happy at GSW
Boogie... injured
Hayward... injured
Gobert... stuck in Utah and they won't trade him.
Marc Gasol... already declining
Lowry... maxed in Toronto
Millsap... maxed in Denver
Blake... maxed in Detroit
Mike Conley... injured and maxed in Memphis
Lillard... maxed in Portland... and had an underwhelming playoffs
DeAndre... possible option... but doesn't work next to Randle
Jokic... controlled by Denver
Kyrie... injured... stuck in Boston
IT... injured... possible FA
Horford... maxed in Boston
Beal... maxed in Washington
DeRozan... maxed in Toronto
Love... maxed in Cleveland
McCollum... maxed in Portland
Drummond... maxed in Detroit
Melo... enough said
Porzingis... Knicks control him
Aldridge... maxed in San Antonio
Kemba... decent backup plan for Lonzo but would require assets
Bledsoe... enough said
Middleton... stuck in Milwaukee for two more years
Bradley... TS below 50%... don't want him.
Dwight... enough said
Jrue Holiday... maxed in New Orleans
Brook... want for the right price
Iguodala... getting too old
Barnes... maxed in Dallas
Otto Porter... maxed in Washington
Dragic... stuck in Miami
Eric Gordon... stuck in Houston
Gallinari... stuck with the Clippers

If you look at the list of top 50 players... we are literally targeting almost every single player who is available.

The choice for acquiring most of the top 50 is to give up part of the young core... or wait until they become FAs.

My point is that bringing up either Boogie or IT as fallback options if we fail to get LBJ/PG are completely logical unless you want to sign some random young player like Chriss and pray he turns into something.

I went through every single player and the reason most of you can't come up with alternatives for LBJ/PG is because there simply are none... at least none who won't cost you an equal price going back the other direction.

Boogie or IT on one year show me contracts are perfectly logical if you actually look at the market and what is available.

I do think we will get LBJ/PG... I'm only writing this because I wondered if there were good solutions who we weren't seeing.

Telling the board... "I don't want someone" without suggesting any viable options seems pointless to me. Either name the alternative... or accept that there in most cases is no better one.

If you can't think of one... that means that probably none exists.

Top 50 players don't grow on trees. Even after top 30, the decline becomes drastic.

So then you wait is,developing our young core the worst thing in the world?With just pg added and resigning brook and randle to readonable deals i think we can snag 8th seed ...without PG we miss out most likely but probably improve enough to clear 41 wins.

I'm down for signing Randle... Brook... IT, but Randle will take at least 80 million... Brook... hard to say but his market value is not much less

IT may be the most affordable on a one year contract.

But no one was talking about maxing Boogie or IT... we were only considering them as backup plans... which as you can see from the list... is what is logically left to choose from.

Nice list. Some might be available via trade. Just to name a few.

Love
McCollum
Kemba Walker
Beal
Otto Porter
John Wall
Lillard

I would assume most teams would want Ingram in return and no Lonzo Ball (and his father). That eliminates the ball-dominant guards.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
All this Boogie and IT crap, do they even get along? Not sure if there's beef from their Sac days.

Remember that most of us are only discussing this as a contingency plan if LBJ and PG falls through.

I'm still operating under the assumption that Magic and Rob made the trade knowing two FAs were in place.

Why else would we get rid of Nance and Clarkson after already getting rid of DLO?

So most of this should just be fun banter to kill time while waiting for the playoffs to finish and the draft.

LBJ/PG are most likely because of the two trades I feel.

But if one does fall through... we need a backup point guard.

IT checks that box

Then we need a true center whether it's Lopez or Boogie.

We shouldn't be having full blown arguments because probably the two elites are coming.

Some of you all are crazy though... it's like if you can't marry Kate Upton or Katy Perry... you are going to remain celibate for the rest of your lives.

If you don't get your first pick... you have to make the best of what is left.

This is reality.

I know Cousins should still be way better post injury ...
But that mindset is how we ended up with Love and Deng.
I get there arexother good choices Lakers can make even if they swing and miss on on Bron or PG13 ...
but a better analogy to chasing damaged players is you went after Kate Upton, missed and chose Khloe Lardashian ...

We have a two year window to get our act together before we have to start paying the youngsters.

Mozgov was a one playoff sensation... and Deng was a decent player who many of us still wonder is really the age he claims to be.

I've already said that IT and Boogie aren't my first choices... but who else do you target if we don't get LBJ/PG

KD... most likely stuck at Golden State
Kawhi... we try for next season after we see if he's healthy and so we don't need to give up assets
Steph... also stuck with GSW
Russ... think America has learned that lesson
Harden... amazing this year, but stuck in Houston
Giannis... stuck in Milwaukee
AD... stuck in New Orleans
Jimmy Butler... maybe we try next season, but underwhelming in the playoffs so far
Towns... stuck in Minny... but also underwhelming
Draymond... no need if we want to sign Randle
CP3... happy in Houston... and aging
John Wall... stuck in Washington and I wouldn't want to build around him
Klay... would want him, but his dad says he's happy at GSW
Boogie... injured
Hayward... injured
Gobert... stuck in Utah and they won't trade him.
Marc Gasol... already declining
Lowry... maxed in Toronto
Millsap... maxed in Denver
Blake... maxed in Detroit
Mike Conley... injured and maxed in Memphis
Lillard... maxed in Portland... and had an underwhelming playoffs
DeAndre... possible option... but doesn't work next to Randle
Jokic... controlled by Denver
Kyrie... injured... stuck in Boston
IT... injured... possible FA
Horford... maxed in Boston
Beal... maxed in Washington
DeRozan... maxed in Toronto
Love... maxed in Cleveland
McCollum... maxed in Portland
Drummond... maxed in Detroit
Melo... enough said
Porzingis... Knicks control him
Aldridge... maxed in San Antonio
Kemba... decent backup plan for Lonzo but would require assets
Bledsoe... enough said
Middleton... stuck in Milwaukee for two more years
Bradley... TS below 50%... don't want him.
Dwight... enough said
Jrue Holiday... maxed in New Orleans
Brook... want for the right price
Iguodala... getting too old
Barnes... maxed in Dallas
Otto Porter... maxed in Washington
Dragic... stuck in Miami
Eric Gordon... stuck in Houston
Gallinari... stuck with the Clippers

If you look at the list of top 50 players... we are literally targeting almost every single player who is available.

The choice for acquiring most of the top 50 is to give up part of the young core... or wait until they become FAs.

My point is that bringing up either Boogie or IT as fallback options if we fail to get LBJ/PG are completely logical unless you want to sign some random young player like Chriss and pray he turns into something.

I went through every single player and the reason most of you can't come up with alternatives for LBJ/PG is because there simply are none... at least none who won't cost you an equal price going back the other direction.

Boogie or IT on one year show me contracts are perfectly logical if you actually look at the market and what is available.

I do think we will get LBJ/PG... I'm only writing this because I wondered if there were good solutions who we weren't seeing.

Telling the board... "I don't want someone" without suggesting any viable options seems pointless to me. Either name the alternative... or accept that there in most cases is no better one.

If you can't think of one... that means that probably none exists.

Top 50 players don't grow on trees. Even after top 30, the decline becomes drastic.

So then you wait is,developing our young core the worst thing in the world?With just pg added and resigning brook and randle to readonable deals i think we can snag 8th seed ...without PG we miss out most likely but probably improve enough to clear 41 wins.

I'm down for signing Randle... Brook... IT, but Randle will take at least 80 million... Brook... hard to say but his market value is not much less

IT may be the most affordable on a one year contract.

But no one was talking about maxing Boogie or IT... we were only considering them as backup plans... which as you can see from the list... is what is logically left to choose from.

Nice list. Some might be available via trade. Just to name a few.

Love
McCollum
Kemba Walker
Beal
Otto Porter
John Wall
Lillard

I would assume most teams would want Ingram in return and no Lonzo Ball (and his father). That eliminates the ball-dominant guards.

I would add Aldridge/Lowry on the list
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Warren Buffet does not need to make more money.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:
If we manage to sign PG13, retain Randle and miss out on LeBron then I still think we should look to deal Deng, rights to #25 and a future pick for cap space this offseason. If we delay Randle’s signing, that move opens up ~$30m in cap room after George has signed.

That’s enough to dole out big one year contracts to Lopez and IT, or Lopez and a couple guys like Smart, Wilson Chandler, VanVleet, Hezonja, Joe Harris, Noel, Seth Curry or Belinelli.

if we miss on LeBron (which I don't believe we will), PG + Randle + Lopez + Curry + Hezonja would be my ideal summer.

LeBron is not going anywhere else and might even take a few $ less to be in a Lakers uniform and acquire more free agents.

I hope so, looks like there is mixed signals on rather he will prefer the Lakers.

Lakers are solid with Magic and RobP running the show. Great place to be along with great young players. The timing is right.

Just like how Curry, Thompson, and Green didn't feel they needed to add anyone before Durant joined.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

The cheesesteaks are great in Philly but in Venice Beach on Lincoln and Superba the cheesesteaks are better. Its the main reason LeBron is coming to the Lakers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

The cheesesteaks are great in Philly but in Venice Beach on Lincoln and Superba the cheesesteaks are better. Its the main reason LeBron is coming to the Lakers.

Will that be apart of the pitch meeting?
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

Will that be apart of the pitch meeting?

No, a pitch is not needed...at least a cheesesteak pitch... The pitch will be more of an ok who else do you want to join you in LA type meeting. Either he wants to be with the Lakers or not. Everything the Lakers have to offer is already known. Unless Magic pulls a rabbit out of his hat...but only Jim Buss wears a hat so that will not happen
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:

Philly got a great PG but everything rest on Embid, and I'm not sure he can make a deep run in the playoffs
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Risk-it-all plan:

1) Trade Deng, Ingram, Hart, and Cavs First for Kawhi + Forbes

2) Sign Paul George to max

3) Sign DeMarcus Cousins to 1+1 team option for rest of cap space(sans Randle cap hold) which should be $25+ mil for year 1

4) Match or Re-sign Randle

5) Room Exception for Vet PG

PG - Lonzo / Vet PG / Caruso
SG - George / Forbes
SF - Leonard / Kuzma
PF - Randle / Wear
C - Cousins / Bryant

Hate to sacrificie Ingram+Hart but this team would dominate.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
Risk-it-all plan:

1) Trade Deng, Ingram, Hart, and Cavs First for Kawhi + Forbes

2) Sign Paul George to max

3) Sign DeMarcus Cousins to 1+1 team option for rest of cap space(sans Randle cap hold) which should be $25+ mil for year 1

4) Match or Re-sign Randle

5) Room Exception for Vet PG

PG - Lonzo / Vet PG / Caruso
SG - George / Forbes
SF - Leonard / Kuzma
PF - Randle / Wear
C - Cousins / Bryant

Hate to sacrificie Ingram+Hart but this team would dominate.

sick lineup but doubt we do anything with boogie

is there a list of players who had similar injuries who actually recovered 100% and played to the same level as before the injury? can't think of any myself. i only remember billups and kobe and both were never the same
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Since Simmons is Klutch client Embiid knows he will be the 3rd wheel if Lebron joins. He doesnt want that
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

If anything plenty of 3 point attempts will result in long rebounds which kind of negates one of the traditional point of having a center, cleaning up the boards.

Actually that has been disproven. Why do we need centers? Defense in the paint.

Fair enough, rim protection and rebounding is still necessary but does that actually require a max superstar center or is our max money better spent elsewhere?

Of course, I'm a causal basketball fan but it seems to me at least that the game has evolved to emphasise the wings a lot more than the paint, especially on offense. If it's just rim protection and rebounding, wouldn't a defensive specialist at center be good enough for our needs rather than breaking the bank for a superstar 2-way center. Also it does seem that our backcourt in particular has stepped up to fill the void somewhat in rebounding, with Lonzo most notable in that department.

For big men in the nba, currently I only see Anthony Davis and - to a lesser extent - Karl Anthony Towns as difference makers. Cousins has always put up good numbers but his teams have largely been losing teams. The pelicans are actually also doing reasonably well with him being injured, which actually kind of makes me question whether we should really give him a max contract even if he was uninjured.

I feel weird saying this because I grew up watching dominant centers like Kareem, Hakeem and Shaq. But it kind of feels like the age of the superstar center has passed us by.

Last edited by Vanquish on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
use the max slots on PG and one of KL/AD/Klay/ Lebron.

not sure what the plan would be to have a max slot in 2020 for AD, and I would project our odds are higher at signing Durant than Klay.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I feel a little embarrassed even saying it....my brain is laughing at me....but I am close to out of hoping to sign Lebron. I just think he brings to much disruption to something that is organically growing. PG-13 this season.....and Kahwi next season is probably the most seamless additions with significant impact. The issue with waiting another year on Kawhi is it gives the Spurs a ton of time to fix that relationship.

I'm glad to see you post this. I was going to give you grief about how many times you told us OKC was going to be a playoff monster and PG was unlikely to leave RW to come to play with a bunch of unproven kids in LA. But we're all wrong about stuff at various times, and your post above shows that, as opposed to VLF, you actually want to see the Lakers succeed, no matter who is in the FO.

Because even though you think PG has peaked, you're advocating PG now and Kawhi next year via FA as the best path forward for this team, which would be a fantastic outcome, and set this team up for very long run.

Kudos to you sir for not being tied to a personal agenda. :thumbsup

not sure I follow.....I have always desired signing PG-13, and I still believe our odds are less than 50% of signing him. Nothing has changed for me in regards to PG. I also do not project him to be a game changer for the Lakers, but he will be an improvement.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I feel a little embarrassed even saying it....my brain is laughing at me....but I am close to out of hoping to sign Lebron. I just think he brings to much disruption to something that is organically growing. PG-13 this season.....and Kahwi next season is probably the most seamless additions with significant impact. The issue with waiting another year on Kawhi is it gives the Spurs a ton of time to fix that relationship.

I'm glad to see you post this. I was going to give you grief about how many times you told us OKC was going to be a playoff monster and PG was unlikely to leave RW to come to play with a bunch of unproven kids in LA. But we're all wrong about stuff at various times, and your post above shows that, as opposed to VLF, you actually want to see the Lakers succeed, no matter who is in the FO.

Because even though you think PG has peaked, you're advocating PG now and Kawhi next year via FA as the best path forward for this team, which would be a fantastic outcome, and set this team up for very long run.

Kudos to you sir for not being tied to a personal agenda. :thumbsup

not sure I follow.....I have always desired signing PG-13, and I still believe our odds are less than 50% of signing him. Nothing has changed for me in regards to PG. I also do not project him to be a game changer for the Lakers, but he will be an improvement.

I'm at around 75-80% on PG.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

80-90% for Lebron
50% for Pg
50% for Kl

Reason for 50/50 is Lebron will choose one.
Also Randle is pretty much 99%
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
80-90% for Lebron
50% for Pg
50% for Kl

Reason for 50/50 is Lebron will choose one.
Also Randle is pretty much 99%

So the question becomes do you wan't PG.. Ingram and Kuz.. or KL.

I'll take PG, Kuz and Ingram..
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

If anything plenty of 3 point attempts will result in long rebounds which kind of negates one of the traditional point of having a center, cleaning up the boards.

Actually that has been disproven. Why do we need centers? Defense in the paint.

Fair enough, rim protection and rebounding is still necessary but does that actually require a max superstar center or is our max money better spent elsewhere?

Of course, I'm a causal basketball fan but it seems to me at least that the game has evolved to emphasise the wings a lot more than the paint, especially on offense. If it's just rim protection and rebounding, wouldn't a defensive specialist at center be good enough for our needs rather than breaking the bank for a superstar 2-way center. Also it does seem that our backcourt in particular has stepped up to fill the void somewhat in rebounding, with Lonzo most notable in that department.

For big men in the nba, currently I only see Anthony Davis and - to a lesser extent - Karl Anthony Towns as difference makers. Cousins has always put up good numbers but his teams have largely been losing teams. The pelicans are actually also doing reasonably well with him being injured, which actually kind of makes me question whether we should really give him a max contract even if he was uninjured.

I feel weird saying this because I grew up watching dominant centers like Kareem, Hakeem and Shaq. But it kind of feels like the age of the superstar center has passed us by.

It would be preferable if our 5 could rim protect and have one offensive skill - whether it be rim running, three shooting, or a highly effective midrange game. However, you're right, we don't need a two-way superstar at the 5 spot, especially if our wings are amongst the best players in the league. For example, look at Clint Capela, he's been excellent for the Rockets - both as a dominant defensive player and a highly effective rim runner.

I also wanted to add that I believe we may be upon a new age of the superstar center. You mentioned Anthony Davis and KAT as the only difference makers, but you forgot Joel Embiid and Kristaps Porzingis. Although not as effective defensively, Jokic is a marvelous offensive 5. DeAndre Ayton may be another great superstar center. At the very least, it appears we have 4-5 All-NBA caliber centers for the next 10 years, which nearly rivals the 90s in depth (Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Mourning, Mutombo).
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hate it but our big off season can be signing PG and getting Whiteside on the cheap..

The FO isn't going to throw away an opportunity to sign another max player next summer by trading for Whiteside. There's literally no scenario where trading for Whiteside makes a lick of sense for them.

I didn’t figure next summers equation into the possibility so you’re post makes total sense.

It’s not a one summer window. This could be a multi-year process.

If they don’t land both PG and Lebron this summer, you better believe they’ll maintain cap flexibility for a second max next summer, as that opens up the possibility for Kawhi (very plausible) or Klay (unlikely, but possible if the Ws stumble). to walk into our cap space as a FA.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Have your opinions on PG changed one way or another after watching his performance in these playoffs?

Nope.

Same. It's not like anyone thinks George is the key addition that catapults the Lakers into elite status in the NBA. If something like that were to happen he would obviously be central to it, but it wouldn't be because he's a super transcendent player. As good of a player as he is, I think most recognize that he's just outside of that upper echelon of players.

But with that said, he's one of the top two-way players in the league. He's an All-Star. He's definitely good enough to ensure that the Lakers are in the playoff hunt next year. If you add him, you have potentially six guys on your team who are capable of throwing up 20 point scoring games (Lopez, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, and Thomas being the others). His length and smarts on defense would probably make the Lakers even better on that end. It's pretty incredible how seamlessly he seems to fit with what the Lakers are and what they're building.

And what's arguably the most valuable thing his addition brings is the official end of the rebuild. If you want to attract that ever so important transcendent player that leads you to a championship, George’s presence as the established, veteran star is necessary. In short, his addition would mean the franchise has officially taken one huge step forward in becoming a contender again and isn't that far away from it.

This is an excellent description of why PG would be such a great signing for the Lakers.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
use the max slots on PG and one of KL/AD/Klay/ Lebron.

not sure what the plan would be to have a max slot in 2020 for AD, and I would project our odds are higher at signing Durant than Klay.

They'd have to thread the needle, but it's possible to sign AD in 2020, although I think they'll lock up a second max this summer or next.

As for Klay, the only way he becomes available is if the Ws fail to win it all the next two years. I still think they're the favorites, so I don't think Klay is a particularly likely option, but stranger things have happened.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I have always desired signing PG-13, and I still believe our odds are less than 50% of signing him. Nothing has changed for me in regards to PG.

Do you not think it makes a difference if OKC goes down 4-1 in the first round ?

I think he's coming here either way, but an early exit for OKC certainly doesn't hurt our cause IMO.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@CJMcCollum when asked about Kawhi Leonard future

“It’s a very sticky situation rn in SA, I’m gonna put it like this... He’s from California, lot of cap space out there in California” #PullUpPodcast #Lakers
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1531, 1532, 1533 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1532 of 2680
Jump to: