OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1541, 1542, 1543 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Imagine how bad the Sixers would look this year had they traded Simmons and Embiid at the start of the year for Kawhi when they could have waited and signed him this July for free.

Not saying our youth is at that level... but at the beginning of the season... people would have said I'll do that deal in a second. A year later it sounds like sheer insanity.

The... man... is... seriously... injured...

Ingram's numbers are better than Kawhi at 20 years old.

We can have KL for free if we wait until next year.

Why are we rushing to get rid of those hard won assets?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Imagine how bad the Sixers would look this year had they traded Simmons and Embiid at the start of the year for Kawhi when they could have waited and signed him this July for free.

Not saying our youth is at that level... but at the beginning of the season... people would have said I'll do that deal in a second. A year later it sounds like sheer insanity.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

u know we can reject the trade if he fails the physical right?

Also if it pulls winning championship by 2/3 years why should we care about which players make that happen?

We are not trading for a 31/32year old player who will soon be on the decline. He is only 26year old and if healthy top 3player in the league
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

The Sixers are a Cinderella story, they lucked out this year after coming off of horrific losing seasons... not every chance you take works out.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Also if it pulls winning championship by 2/3 years why should we care about which players make that happen?

We are not trading for a 31/32year old player who will soon be on the decline. He is only 26year old and if healthy top 3player in the league

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign Kawhi. I'm saying there is no need to get rid of our core. I said the same thing about LeBron earlier when he was the center of speculation.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Tonight could be the last game PG plays with OKC.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I 2nd the above
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Fingers crossed
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I for 1 won’t be surprised if PG is thrust into staying with OKC, Westbrook will make sure he tells him how different it would have been if Roberson was playing.... so I’m not getting my hopes up until woj says something.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign Kawhi. I'm saying there is no need to get rid of our core. I said the same thing about LeBron earlier when he was the center of speculation.

i think you are miscalculating what other people are saying.
Nobody is saying to trade for KL when we miss out on both max.
Nobody is saying to trade 2 of 3 BI/Kuz/Lonzo to get him. its just 1.

Also BI's stat at the same age are misleading. BI's fantasy case scenario is KL.

if we get him alongside to play with PG or PG and Lebron, you do that trade. meaning trade BI and pair him with PG or PG + Lebron

a lineup of
Randle
Kuz
Kawahi
PG
Lonzo
goes deep in the playoffs. this might even give us a chance to sign a player like IT
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Do Lakers fans still think the Lakers dropped the ball on Whiteside and should be the ones that have him for max money?

I don’t recall anyone being mad over that. At least not during free agency.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Every single player, that is rumored to be going to the Lakers, the media have spun it and said that those players either should or will go to Philly. That is the new narrative, Philly, Philly, PHILLY! A team that has done nothing except beat a weak Miami team in the first round.

Word.

I've never seen so much attention being paid to a 3 seed beating a 6 seed. That's what they're supposed to do. Meanwhile in the west a 6 seed SWEPT a 3 seed and it barely got mentioned.

Called East Coast bias. New Orleans isn't going to make headlines.

Wait until they beat the Warriors

You have time for that?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

TBF, signing Whiteside would have meant no Deng & Mosgov and we could have gotten more in a trade to dump him and we could have kept our precious DLO. Not sure how many wins he would have added in 2016/2017.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Also BI's stat at the same age are misleading. BI's fantasy case scenario is KL.

if we get him alongside to play with PG or PG and Lebron, you do that trade. meaning trade BI and pair him with PG or PG + Lebron

a lineup of
Randle
Kuz
Kawahi
PG
Lonzo
goes deep in the playoffs

Ingram came from an elite program... he was a top three high school recruit... was drafted 2nd... heard he was still growing with some estimating he's now closer to 6' 11"

Ingram looks awkward because he started out as a 6' 2" point guard and kept growing. His rebound stats are comparable... his passing stats are superior to Kawhi, and his scoring numbers are better at the same age.
Kawhi is stronger, more coordinated... but he's a grown man who has fully matured while Brandon is still maturing into his body.

The one thing that I really like about Kawhi is that he started from shooting 72% from the line in college and upped it to as high as 88%... this is where I see the biggest gap between the two. But Ingram has gone from 62 to 68... and if he can get it close to eighty... I think he can be just as good, eventually excelling from midrange and the three.

If one guy has been the same size for 10 years... and the other guy is still growing... I don't think it's useful to grade them on the same curve. It throws off your shot if you have to keep adjusting every year.

I don't see any reason why in five years... Ingram isn't at the same level as Giannis. The Freak had Middleton and Ilyasova spreading the floor for him at that age... Ingram should flourish with even one elite with gravity creating driving lanes for him.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is it true that Kawhis sister said that Kawhi loves the Spurs? A lot of people are saying that on Twitter.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/sister-kawhi-leonard-loves-respects-the-spurs-he-will-be-back-on-the-court
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Philly is new people, and good, and fun to watch. They deserve props. They took off when they decided to play faster, and got more shooting.

And Simmons. Actually mostly Simmons.

No, Actually not. They were actually 25-25 after 50 games. 36-30 after 66 games. They took off when they got Belly and Sova. Belly just average 16 off the bench against the Heat.

And Simmons was the best player in the series. A young team is expected to get better throughout the year.

But they didn't get better until they got Belly and Sova. 66 games is large sample size.

They are something like 23-2 since they added the shooting.

Simmons is the reason not some journeyman bench players. I can’t believe this is a discussion.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Ingram came from an elite program... he was a top three high school recruit... was drafted 2nd... heard he was still growing with some estimating he's now closer to 6' 11"

Ingram looks awkward because he started out as a 6' 2" point guard and kept growing. His rebound stats are comparable... his passing stats are superior to Kawhi, and his scoring numbers are better at the same age.
Kawhi is stronger, more coordinated... but he's a grown man who has fully matured while Brandon is still maturing into his body.

The one thing that I really like about Kawhi is that he started from shooting 72% from the line in college and upped it to as high as 88%... this is where I see the biggest gap between the two. But Ingram has gone from 62 to 68... and if he can get it close to eighty... I think he can be just as good, eventually excelling from midrange and the three.

If one guy has been the same size for 10 years... and the other guy is still growing... I don't think it's useful to grade them on the same curve. It throws off your shot if you have to keep adjusting every year.

I don't see any reason why in five years... Ingram isn't at the same level as Giannis. The Freak had Middleton and Ilyasova spreading the floor for him at that age... Ingram should flourish with even one elite with gravity creating driving lanes for him.

what you are expecting is a fantasy case scenario in regards to BI. maybe he will get it, maybe he won't. we don't know that.

if we win championship, why does it matter if its BI or KL with finals MVP?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

a lineup of
Randle
Kuz
Kawahi
PG
Lonzo
goes deep in the playoffs

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

what you are expecting is a fantasy case scenario in regards to BI. maybe he will get it, maybe he won't. we don't know that.

I'm not saying it will happen for sure... but we are talking about an improving, growing player who began as number 3 of high school... became number 2 of college picks... and I'm extrapolating that he might become a top ten to twenty player.

It's no guarantee... but not a ridiculous pipe dream either.

And all I've said is don't get rid of him when you don't need to do so.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Because we know it’s a long shot that Leonard will be a FA next year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is it true that Kawhis sister said that Kawhi loves the Spurs? A lot of people are saying that on Twitter.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/sister-kawhi-leonard-loves-respects-the-spurs-he-will-be-back-on-the-court

Thanks
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Lebron will be a FA, he will cost us 35% of the cap. Leonard will cost us 20% of the cap, he and Randle around 32%. That is why you don’t wait.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Lebron will be a FA, he will cost us 35% of the cap. Leonard will cost us 20% of the cap, he and Randle around 32%. That is why you don’t wait.

Isn't that just for one year?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not saying it will happen for sure... but we are talking about an improving, growing player who began as number 3 of high school... became number 2 of college picks... and I'm extrapolating that he might become a top ten to twenty player.

So you want to bet on something that might happen over the actual real thing?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

So you want to bet on something that might happen over the actual real thing?

No I want to get the actual real thing along with the "something that might happen".

Which is easy to do if you all just hold your horses.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1541, 1542, 1543 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1542 of 2680
Jump to: