OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1546, 1547, 1548 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
What's our backup plan if we don't get PG13? One year deals and look to 2019? PG13 didn't look like the guy that wanted to leave. He was actually a big reason why OKC made the comeback. Idk...

check out his interview on the court after the game on the OKC Fox Sports affiliate

LINK

meh, in the heat of the moment.

the guy was literally shaking.

have a feeling he could have a tattoo of the state of Oklahoma on his face, and your response would be similar
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I could see his body language on the court. He played 45 minutes, put up great offensive numbers while guarding Mitchell sometimes. Was kind of like Kobe. He left it all on the floor there.

It's as if... call me crazy... but like... he respects the game and his teammates! Oh my god! On potentially the last game of the season, in front of their home fans... honestly, if he didn't try that should make Laker fans not want him in the first place.

Now, when you're referring "kind of like Kobe", you don't mean Game 7 Kobe at Phoenix when LA was up 3-1 right?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
lakersfever, please post on Friday when Paul George is staring off into empty space as the Jazz dribble the clock down for their double digit victory. Home court, no BS foul calls against Favors & Gobert, a bunch of adjustments from The Professor Quinn Snyder, and tell us if he looks like he wants to leave. You & Gadget should form a Detective Agency with your body language interpretation skills

As a Laker fan, I really hope you're right. Quinn Snyder did have a full quarter in this game to adjust for WB and PG13 but it didn't help. As the lead started to dwindle, do you know how many time outs he called? WB, like Kobe, when he's on, there's very little you could do.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

After thinking for a full 30 mins, I’m not gonna lose sleep if PG doesn’t come, especially if KL becomes a Laker... Kawhi is 10x better then George, I can live with a KL and Lebron off season, that should thrust us into title contention with those 2.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
After thinking for a full 30 mins, I’m not gonna lose sleep if PG doesn’t come, especially if KL becomes a Laker... Kawhi is 10x better then George, I can live with a KL and Lebron off season, that should thrust us into title contention with those 2.

LBJ+Kawhi+Resign Randle would be ideal
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LBJ+Kawhi+Resign Randle would be ideal

Yes, I really can’t force myself to root for Utah, especially after there attitude towards Kobe after the Colorado incident, I could now careless who wins between Utah and Thunder, give me KL and LeBron + Randle and let’s go to war.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ehh you just [deleted, gross]and you’re calming down now. You’ll be horny for a paul george rumor again on Friday if Utah gets a lead

(Let’s keep it family friendly, Omar)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Don’t get me wrong, I will be thrilled if we sign PG, I’m just not gonna go all bizzark about why we didn’t get him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ehh you just pre ejaculated and you’re calming down now. You’ll be horny for a paul george rumor again on Friday if Utah gets a lead

I will be happy but if Utah loses I will be happy with a former enemy choking the lead... if PG wants to come... coming back from a 3-1 deficit won’t change his mind.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

PG plus Randle Plus Kawhi should be the main goal imo.

Would put us in contention for many years to come.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

yeah, but until we know if PG wants to come or not, then we have to speculate on other scenarios for all we know he’s thinking about the Sixers or Clippers.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

yeah, but until we know if PG wants to come or not, then we have to speculate on other scenarios for all we know he’s thinking about the Sixers or Clippers.

We lock up Kawhi in a trade and PG will follow.

Imagine a lineup of

Lonzo/ vet min Devin Harris?
PG/ Hart
Kawhi/ Ariza
Randle/ Kuzma
Brook/ Noel/ Bryant

Too legit
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

bro, you don't have to mentally prepare yourself for George staying in OKC just because of what happened in tonight’s game. The series isn't over. Let's at least give UTA a chance to adjust to OKC’s new screen roll defense. But even if UTA ends up blowing this and they lose this series, OKC could still lose to HOU in the next round. That's obviously not the scenario we want because it would give George more to think about if OKC pushes HOU to the brink, but I would still like the Lakers’ chances. It's more preferable that OKC loses to UTA, obviously, because then it becomes a virtual certainty that he leaves and signs with the Lakers, but OKC advancing out of this round doesn't mean we have to kiss him goodbye.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Imagine a lineup of

PG/ Hart
Kawhi/ Ariza
Randle/ Kuzma
Brook/ Noel/ Bryant

Too legit

Kawhi is going to cost more than just Ingram...

Ingram + Randle + #25 seems like a deal that SA would have to seriously consider as would we...

If we did that and stretched Deng, I think we would have enough for both LBJ and PG but either way, once you have Kawhi, everything changes for LeBron.

If we could get Kawhi for just Ingram or Ingram + 25 + 2020 1st (lets say) I would be ecstatic. Just feels unlike SA would even consider that.

Brook
Randle/Kuzma
LeBron
Kawhi/Hart
Lonzo
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I look forward to the day when some Lakers fans pitch to free agents doesn't 90% of the time encompass "Well your team lost."
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Imagine a lineup of

PG/ Hart
Kawhi/ Ariza
Randle/ Kuzma
Brook/ Noel/ Bryant

Too legit

So you're saying that BI will go in the trade for KL?

I just can't presently get behind a trade for what might be a rental.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I look forward to the day when some Lakers fans pitch to free agents doesn't 90% of the time encompass "Well your team lost."

Right, because the fanbase rooting for an OKC exit in the first round is somehow the same thing as hoping that the FO uses it as part of their pitch to Paul George
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

Right, because the fanbase rooting for an OKC exit in the first round is somehow the same thing as hoping that the FO uses it as part of their pitch to Paul George

No, it seems like some get so desperate about it, it's as if they feel that our only chance at getting Paul George is OKC going out in the first round.

I liked it when the fans were confident we could get Shaq because we were a team that was doing things, despite how well Orlando was doing, but our plans didn't have anything to do with theirs because we were confident that where we were headed and the vision of it, could entice a superstar to come.

At this point some Lakers fans are the shy girl in every 90s flick waiting for the jock to break up with the cheerleader so they have a chance instead of working on themselves.

If you feel the need to "depend" on Paul George failing to make you believe that's the only chance we have at him, then there's a bigger problem in the approach.

I'd much rather prefer Lakers fans be confident enough in their own team building to where they'd go

"Know what OKC? Beat the Jazz.. go beat Houston.. get to the WCF and lose to Golden State, but at the end of the day no matter how great you do this year, outside of a Championship, we're getting Paul George because we can build the team better than ya'll can, and we showed the signs of it this season." with confidence.

Instead of praying to the basketball Gods that the Jazz beat OKC because that's our only chance of not looking as bad by comparison.

The fanbase went from years of praying we lost and watching tankathon like a hawk and actually disdaining when our players showed growth that lead to victories. To now hanging at the edge of their seat praying another team does our dirty work to convince a star to come here.

Know how sad some of these Lakers fans would be if OKC went to the WCF? Because the immediate thought would be "Well..there goes our chance..".. as if that's the only thing we've got going to entice a superstar free agent.

Last edited by MJST on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I think it's obvious we're a better fit for Paul in the long run.

I want OKC to lose, not because I'm desperate to have him... but because Paul may be too dense to realize it's for his own good.

It's like trying to convince people we should wait for Kawhi one year instead trading assets we took three years trying to generate... sometimes words aren't enough... you need an epiphany the size of school bus to hit them in the head.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Sure, in the long run George is a better fit than OKC unless all of OKC's talent starts to click now. But him being dense doesn't have anything to do with him not choosing us. Him not choosing us comes down to "I don't feel I can win as much with you now, as I can with them currently, and I don't wanna wait 2 seasons." Long run, 3-4 years from now we're the better fit. But if he wants to contend in those first 2, he'll go with wherever he feels he can win the most.

That's not being dense, that's doing what you feel is best for your 'win now and get the most money while I do it' frame of mind that may care more about where they are by 2020 than by 2022.

Where our confidence should be, isn't in OKC's successes/failures, it's that we can prove in our meeting that we're both the better present and future option to George, regardless of what OKC does or doesn't do. OKC's failure may sour him on staying, but it's not our ticket to getting him. The two are not directly related the way some fans that watch this series on the edge of their seat treat it as. I guess that's more so what I'm getting at.

If anything, if we want to play the game of "win/loss can keep him away from THIS team..." then shouldn't we want them to beat Utah and go and face Houston? Because if Houston beats OKC, can you IMAGINE.. what the media would do to Paul George if he then went to Houston? Russell Westbrook would be in the "he left me for the team that beat us.. AGAIN" headline.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Sure, in the long run George is a better fit than OKC unless all of OKC's talent starts to click now. But him being dense doesn't have anything to do with him not choosing us. Him not choosing us comes down to "I don't feel I can win as much with you now, as I can with them currently, and I don't wanna wait 2 seasons."

That's not being dense, that's doing what you feel is best for your 'win now and get the most money while I do it' frame of mind.

Where our confidence should be, isn't in OKC's successes, it's that we can prove in our meeting that we're the better present, and future option to George, regardless of what OKC does or doesn't do. OKC's failure may sour him on staying, but it's not our ticket to getting him. The two are not directly related the way some fans that watch this series on the edge of their seat treat it as. I guess that's more so what I'm getting at.

If Paul George wins in OKC, I believe it will be in spite of his team, not because of his team.

I think Russ is inefficient and Melo is done. Adams and Roberson are good hardworking players but we are better for him.

Honestly I'm not that bothered if we don't get him because I look at him as a second or third option... I want him because he will make us better, but anything he does beyond playing defense and scoring 20 points a game is gravy. I hope he can flourish and take it to the next level, but I'm not expecting any more than a good lunch pail type of player.

If we don't get him... I'm sure Rob and Magic can come up with two 15 million dollar players or a 20 and 10 million dollar player who can approximate similar production.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
What's our backup plan if we don't get PG13? One year deals and look to 2019? PG13 didn't look like the guy that wanted to leave. He was actually a big reason why OKC made the comeback. Idk...

Surprised anyone has to ask this. Our backup plan is the same it's always been:

There's always next year.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Don't know about anyone else, I am just using the paul george free agency as an excuse to root against OKC.

I find it more fun when there are heroes and villians in sports, which is why i always hate the celtics. it makes me more invested and frankly makes watching the playoffs more enjoyable.

To do that, I need a reason for OKC to play the villian role and rooting that they lose so we can get PG13 is as good a reason as any.

Would I be cut up if PG13 eventually decides to stay in OKC. Nopes, there's plenty of fish in the ocean who wants a max contract. some max free agent will eventually bite. And even if one doesn't, we have a young team that plays exciting basketball now, all of which haven't even reached anywhere close to their ceiling yet, so even if this summer is a bust with respect to free agents, I'll manage
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

I'm pretty optimistic.. but these dream line ups for next season aren't going to happen..

You're not trading BI for KL straight up.. Period.. So if you're going to have a dream line up with KL in it then take two of Ingram, Ball, and Kuz off it..

I'm hoping the front office is unwilling to do it for a guy who's only got one year left on his contract and a injury that might be problematic long term.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

No, it seems like some get so desperate about it, it's as if they feel that our only chance at getting Paul George is OKC going out in the first round.

I liked it when the fans were confident we could get Shaq because we were a team that was doing things, despite how well Orlando was doing, but our plans didn't have anything to do with theirs because we were confident that where we were headed and the vision of it, could entice a superstar to come.

At this point some Lakers fans are the shy girl in every 90s flick waiting for the jock to break up with the cheerleader so they have a chance instead of working on themselves.

If you feel the need to "depend" on Paul George failing to make you believe that's the only chance we have at him, then there's a bigger problem in the approach.

I'd much rather prefer Lakers fans be confident enough in their own team building to where they'd go

"Know what OKC? Beat the Jazz.. go beat Houston.. get to the WCF and lose to Golden State, but at the end of the day no matter how great you do this year, outside of a Championship, we're getting Paul George because we can build the team better than ya'll can, and we showed the signs of it this season." with confidence.

Instead of praying to the basketball Gods that the Jazz beat OKC because that's our only chance of not looking as bad by comparison.

The fanbase went from years of praying we lost and watching tankathon like a hawk and actually disdaining when our players showed growth that lead to victories. To now hanging at the edge of their seat praying another team does our dirty work to convince a star to come here.

Know how sad some of these Lakers fans would be if OKC went to the WCF? Because the immediate thought would be "Well..there goes our chance..".. as if that's the only thing we've got going to entice a superstar free agent.

Ugh.

First, there is no ”approach” to any of this when it comes to the fans. No one on this forum will be in the room when the FO makes their pitch to George. No one who will be in that room even knows that we exist. Also, the way you've completely flattened this whole thing out is ridiculous. We're not cheering for OKC to lose because we think that's the only way George will come. We’re cheering for them to lose because it dramatically increases the odds that he bounces. The reverse is also true- if OKC advances and at least manage to put up a decent to great fight against the Rockets, guess what? Now George has more to think about. If you want George to come the last thing you want is for anything to happen that increases OKC’s chances of keeping him.

Whether he stays or goes becomes a very simple decision if OKC loses to UTA. What about that don't you get? What’s so complicated about it? Would you pass up a wide open layup on the break so you can jack up some contested long two? No one with an ounce of common sense would think that it would be easy peasy lemon squeezy for him to bounce if OKC has an impressive playoff run. You shouldn't want any shred of hope on his part to develop that they're the team that gives him his best shot at contending. This stuff isn't rocket science, dude.

Last edited by Judah on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1546, 1547, 1548 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1547 of 2680
Jump to: