OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I'm pretty optimistic.. but these dream line ups for next season aren't going to happen..

You're not trading BI for KL straight up.. Period.. So if you're going to have a dream line up with KL in it then take two of Ingram, Ball, and Kuz off it..

I'm hoping the front office is unwilling to do it for a guy who's only got one year left on his contract and a injury that might be problematic long term.

If by some miracle, the Spurs were actually winning to do that trade, I would take it as a massive red flag, especially given Kawhi's current mysterious injury. Hope its not degenerative as is rumoured.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I'm pretty optimistic.. but these dream line ups for next season aren't going to happen..

You're not trading BI for KL straight up.. Period.. So if you're going to have a dream line up with KL in it then take two of Ingram, Ball, and Kuz off it..

I'm hoping the front office is unwilling to do it for a guy who's only got one year left on his contract and a injury that might be problematic long term.

If by some miracle, the Spurs were actually winning to do that trade, I would take it as a massive red flag, especially given Kawhi's current mysterious injury. Hope its not degenerative as is rumoured.

Agreed, I just don't see any reason for them to do it. Unless he tanks his trade value by stating he'll only resign with the Lakers. If I were in a similar position, I wouldn't wan't the team I want to play for to gut their young core to acquire me when I could join them the following year and be a more competitive team. But that's just me ..shrugs..
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will have their shot at making their best possible pitch to George, but guess what? So will OKC. No matter how impressive the Lakers’ pitch will be, his decision won't be made apart from serious consideration of OKC’s pitch. Both franchises will lay out their best arguments for why he should choose them. If OKC doesn't have a deep and impressive playoff run, that one instantly comes off the board. Simple stuff here.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Whether he stays or goes becomes a very simple decision if OKC loses to UTA. What about that don't you get

That doesn't mean he's leaving for us.

The two aren't related.

Losing to UTAH does not equal LEAVING FOR THE LAKERS

and even if it equaled LEAVING.. "TO THE LAKERS" isn't related to it, nor is it a guaranteed prerequisite. "If he leaves, it's obviously to the Lakers." it isn't.

That's why I said it's not "our ticket" if Utah beats them, even if he wound up leaving.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:

Whether he stays or goes becomes a very simple decision if OKC loses to UTA. What about that don't you get

The two aren't related.

and even if it equaled LEAVING.. "TO THE LAKERS" isn't related to it, nor is it a guaranteed prerequisite. "If he leaves, it's obviously to the Lakers." it isn't.

That's why I said it's not "our ticket" if Utah beats them, even if he wound up leaving.

It might not be a guarantee, but you would be naïve to think that we wouldn't be the gigantic favorite if he leaves OKC. This stuff hasn't just come out of thin air: it's an open secret in the league, among players (his own Indiana teammates especially), agents, and reporters that PG has longed to play in LA for more than a couple of seasons. Now, has his time in OKC changed that? We'll see. And maybe he'll consider other teams if he were to leave OKC. But with as much smoke as there is with the Lakers connection, we would have to be the overwhelming favorites to sign him if he leaves OKC.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject:

Man, July 1st cannot come soon enough. You guys should pace yourselves you have another 2 months of arguing amongst yourselves about things nobody knows about.

Personally I'm looking forward to the next account set up claiming to have insider info. Remember that dude before Xmas who claimed he was something in the entertainment business and posted a bunch of red carpet selfies? According to him LeBron to the Lakeshow was done before this season so he can do Space Jam 2
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Man, July 1st cannot come soon enough. You guys should pace yourselves you have another 2 months of arguing amongst yourselves about things nobody knows about.

Personally I'm looking forward to the next account set up claiming to have insider info. Remember that dude before Xmas who claimed he was something in the entertainment business and posted a bunch of red carpet selfies? According to him LeBron to the Lakeshow was done before this season so he can do Space Jam 2

has there ever been any legit insiders on here besides lionel the laker (ariza's agent)?
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
What's our backup plan if we don't get PG13? One year deals and look to 2019? PG13 didn't look like the guy that wanted to leave. He was actually a big reason why OKC made the comeback. Idk...

check out his interview on the court after the game on the OKC Fox Sports affiliate

LINK

meh, in the heat of the moment.

the guy was literally shaking.

have a feeling he could have a tattoo of the state of Oklahoma on his face, and your response would be similar

I didn't click the link. What did he say?
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

I'm of the opinion that PG winning a first round playoff series isn't going to affect how he looks at the next 7 or 8 years of his career. I hope he's more emotionally mature than that.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

So assuming PG decides to sign in OKC do you all really believe they are going to pay that massive tax? This is the same FO that gave harden away because they did not want to pay him right?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
I'm of the opinion that PG winning a first round playoff series isn't going to affect how he looks at the next 7 or 8 years of his career. I hope he's more emotionally mature than that.

No doubt. I don’t think it affects anything in terms of making a decision on July 1. The only thing that changes is he has less time off to think...right now the playoff games and preparation are the focus.

If he gets to the WCF, then yeah I do believe that will impact his decision.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

Who said KL for Ingram straight up? Duh, ummmm, no.

Try Ingram + Kuzma + pick
Or
Ingram + Ball + pick

That's what I assume the Spurs will want
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
El Seano wrote:

has there ever been any legit insiders on here besides lionel the laker (ariza's agent)?

Ron Artests brother Daniel called the Dwightmare before it happened on here.

For whatever reason everybody seems to think that dude from the Rockets RealGM is trustworthy. Dreamshake? I can't remember.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Or
Ingram + Ball + pick

I would tell the Spurs about eleven different was that they could kick rocks! Just like we did with Indy last year. If Kawhi really wants to be here, we will see you in 2019!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:

The two aren't related.

Well you're going to look pretty silly when OKC loses to Utah or Houston and PG comes here. The only way he doesn't come is if they upset Houston and go to the Western Conf Championship...then we may have a problem.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Or
Ingram + Ball + pick

Then the Spurs won't get.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

If people are dumb enough to trade Ingram when they don't need to... people can be dumb enough to trade Ingram plus Kuzma or Ingram plus Ball

In my mind... if someone can shoot themselves in the foot on purpose... they can just as easily shoot themselves in both feet.

Wait one year... no need to gut the core.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Or
Ingram + Ball + pick

U don't trade the whole farm for a guy who is coming off a major injury and who is going to be free agent in 1 year.

OKC dumped 84m salary of then an average 6th man dipo to get 1 year of healthy PG

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:

The two aren't related.

It would be so easy to show pg how staying with okc would be stupid if they did lose to a rookie and a robio.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Or
Ingram + Ball + pick

You hope that Magic would turn that down, but would he?

Lakers FO/ ownership collective wants to make a bold splash this summer. They have set the stage and made their boasts. When so close can they restrain themselves from making this or other equally "bold" moves.

Has been my biggest concern since the day the hype started with the new management. Staying the course does not get positive headlines. How many opinions of fans and media will consider anything less then "two max" to be a failure?

This summer is fascinating to me in how things will be handled and to what end. Lakers have options, which one they take will define the team for years.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/989508982942437382?s=21

I’m pretty confident about Lebron to Sixers. As long as they don’t beat him, he is going there imo.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
King Randle wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Or
Ingram + Ball + pick

Lakers FO/ ownership collective wants to make a bold splash this summer. They have set the stage and made their boasts. When so close can they restrain themselves from making this or other equally "bold" moves.

Has been my biggest concern since the day the hype started with the new management. Staying the course does not get positive headlines. How many opinions of fans and media will consider anything less then "two max" to be a failure?

This summer is fascinating to me in how things will be handled and to what end. Lakers have options, which one they take will define the team for years.

I don't think he would. He used Boston's recipe as an example...1 maybe 2 stars and then a bunch of young, athletic guys. If you trade for KL you basically drain the youth group. I think he'll stick with the original plan..PG and possibly LBJ.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
King Randle wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Or
Ingram + Ball + pick

I worry about this if they miss on PG13 (and Lebron). Giving up those packages is knicks 2.0
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/989508982942437382?s=21

I’m pretty confident about Lebron to Sixers. As long as they don’t beat him, he is going there imo.

They should go after PG.. or even KL over LeBron imo.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Ron Artests brother Daniel called the Dwightmare before it happened on here.

For whatever reason everybody seems to think that dude from the Rockets RealGM is trustworthy. Dreamshake? I can't remember.

Rockets RealGM?

That area of RealGM is barely alive.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1548 of 2680
Jump to: