OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1747, 1748, 1749 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:

We don’t have the MLE this year, say goodbye to two max plan for IT?

No, sign him and Brook with the leftover cap space for one year if LBJ doesn't come.

Can't we sign him even if we get LBJ? Assuming we trade or even stretch Deng to get LBJ. Doesn't IT only have a 9 million dollar cap hold? Randle would be gone in this plan.

We only need him if we don't sign LBJ. LBJ and Ingram could run the offense if Lonzo was injured. It's only if we don't sign LeBron that I think we would need IT or someone similar in quality.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:

PPG isn't everything. IT is a liability in most areas of the game.

If O'Neale worked... I wouldn't be saying this. Mitchell was finding more space with Rubio.

IT can pass and draw defenses away from others... he does suck on defense but people forget he requires constant attention or he will score.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
PG13 wrote:

PPG isn't everything. IT is a liability in most areas of the game.

If O'Neale worked... I wouldn't be saying this. Mitchell was finding more space with Rubio.

IT can pass and draw defenses away from others... he does suck on defense but people forget he requires constant attention or he will score.

I think IT only works if we had a fantastic coach like Brad Stevens who is able to mask his defensive weaknesses.

I don't trust Luke to do that, so I would pass on IT, as nice as having automatic free throws actually is.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

You can rack your brain with all these different scenarios that could happen. The number one priority should be signing Paul George. After that we will get more clarity on the vision of the front office.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
You can rack your brain with all these different scenarios that could happen. The number one priority should be signing Paul George. After that we will get more clarity on the vision of the front office.

Agree... we were only having an extended conversation from the Cousins Instagram article.

I'm not even sure that article is true.

If it is... it might mean something though.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Thoughts on trading Ball for Lillard? Would the Lakers say no?

Unfortunately it would have to be Ball + Kuzma to get Liliard. Ball is not going to net you any all star in the NBA without adding an Ingram or Kuz to the deal.

Then no trade

You also can't get LeBron and PG and then also account for Lillard's salary. He makes too much money. For all intents and purposes, we could try to trade for a player making roughly $20-21MM at absolute most. Kawhi would work, as would Butler, as would Kemba, who actually only makes $12MM next season. But, yeah, not a player like Lillard, who makes just under $28MM next season.

Kemba is actually a interesting option, but knowing Mitch and how sensitive he is I don’t see him doing a trade with the Lakers

How sensitive is he? I didn’t know you knew Mitch?! That’s sweet man, how do you know him, family friend?

I mean yeah he could try helping his former team, but I don’t think he’s over the fact that he was the scapegoat in the Lakers failure but I could be wrong.

Mitch is a robotic, calculating executive. If he thinks it's the best trade for his team, he'll make it. If he doesn't, he won't. The chances are good that Walker will be traded if he doesn't come to an extension with Charlotte.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I agree, once PG is signed I could see a lot of dominos falling especially in terms of the Lakers making another move.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Thoughts on trading Ball for Lillard? Would the Lakers say no?

Unfortunately it would have to be Ball + Kuzma to get Liliard. Ball is not going to net you any all star in the NBA without adding an Ingram or Kuz to the deal.

Then no trade

You also can't get LeBron and PG and then also account for Lillard's salary. He makes too much money. For all intents and purposes, we could try to trade for a player making roughly $20-21MM at absolute most. Kawhi would work, as would Butler, as would Kemba, who actually only makes $12MM next season. But, yeah, not a player like Lillard, who makes just under $28MM next season.

Kemba is actually a interesting option, but knowing Mitch and how sensitive he is I don’t see him doing a trade with the Lakers

How sensitive is he? I didn’t know you knew Mitch?! That’s sweet man, how do you know him, family friend?

I mean yeah he could try helping his former team, but I don’t think he’s over the fact that he was the scapegoat in the Lakers failure but I could be wrong.

Mitch is a robotic, calculating executive. If he thinks it's the best trade for his team, he'll make it. If he doesn't, he won't. The chances are good that Walker will be traded if he doesn't come to an extension with Charlotte.

Yeah, I would be interested to see what happens, do they want to rebuild or build around Walker? I dont think Walker is someone you hinge you’re hopes on bringing you titles but he could be a great 3rd piece in a scenario were he’s teamed up with PG and LeBron.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I brought up the thought of PG and Boogie coming here while keeping IT and Randle when we first traded for IT. Not thrilled about this option mainly because of injuries and the former Queens attitudes. It's an option though and Boogie could take less than the max due to the injury plus keeping IT and his 'brother' Randle.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Posted on Reddit today but taken last year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BalFfeMjdIS/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

^
Charlotte is in an interesting spot, because they were trying to field a competitive playoff team in the East over the past couple of seasons. They gave Batum big money, paid Marvin Williams, traded for Dwight Howard, etc. And they still ended up in the lottery, and still have long-term money tied up in Batum/Williams, and even MKG and Zeller. If they extend Walker, he's going to probably more than double his current salary of $12MM per year.

There's a very good chance that Mitch will undertake a rebuild there, although I guess you can't discount the possibility that they somehow try to compete, though I think that would be a misguided strategy. If I were Mitch, I'd be looking to move Kemba and get back a young prospect or a 1st Rounder (closer to the lottery, the better, obviously).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
55 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Having them didn’t hurt the development of the young players, and that is the road they were on.

Yes it did. Dlo was the price to trade Moz. And we’ll have to trade future young assets to get rid of Deng.

Again, that wasn’t the road we were on. You couldn’t be more wrong.

We were on the wrong side of the road going 100.
He couldn’t be more right.

Another poster who isn’t a fan of developing our young players. Would you rather trade them all?

I'll use your quote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Definitely not related to anything I posted.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
I brought up the thought of PG and Boogie coming here while keeping IT and Randle when we first traded for IT. Not thrilled about this option mainly because of injuries and the former Queens attitudes. It's an option though and Boogie could take less than the max due to the injury plus keeping IT and his 'brother' Randle.

Despite DMC potentially hinting at joining the Lakers, I think he is most likely plan C or D, maybe he comes with PG maybe he comes with LeBron, but the
Lakers have many options
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Boogie is like the weak link in the Lufthanza heist in Good Fellas who starts buying their wife fur coats and gives the whole gang away...lol

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Charlotte is in an interesting spot, because they were trying to field a competitive playoff team in the East over the past couple of seasons. They gave Batum big money, paid Marvin Williams, traded for Dwight Howard, etc. And they still ended up in the lottery, and still have long-term money tied up in Batum/Williams, and even MKG and Zeller. If they extend Walker, he's going to probably more than double his current salary of $12MM per year.

There's a very good chance that Mitch will undertake a rebuild there, although I guess you can't discount the possibility that they somehow try to compete, though I think that would be a misguided strategy. If I were Mitch, I'd be looking to move Kemba and get back a young prospect or a 1st Rounder (closer to the lottery, the better, obviously).

Trading Walker makes sense, if Hornets did not have so many bad contracts then I could see the motivation to retool and win with Walker but they aren’t gonna do anything with those bad contracts and average young players....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PG is an upgrade over KCP
Cousins is an upgrade over Brook
IT is an upgrade over Clarkson
Randle is still Randle

It's not as good as LBJ... but it ensures we will be better than last season.

Now just trade Ingram for KL and we become 2nd team in West

It will take more than Ingram. Let's see if Kawhi's healthy. If we didn't sign LBJ... we'd have more cap flexibility to sign Kawhi next year.

I say roll with some combination like this... reassess after watching the growth of the core... and then sign Kawhi if he still wants to come here.

Kawhi is in PG13's position last year. If he refuses to sign an extension, then his trade value goes dramatically down. Very few teams will give a lot for a one year rental, unless they're desperate for other reasons (OKC needing to resign Westbrook)

I might try Randle+Ingram+1st. Hopefully its enough if Kawhi cooperates.

ETA: It would be really nice if we could pull a Kawhi trade before the Free Agency period, makes getting PG13 and LBJ here a lot easier. I dig a LBJ, Kawhi and PG13 big 3, with Ball as pg and random filler center.

Do you think that the Spurs want to pay Randle $20 mil per?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PG is an upgrade over KCP
Cousins is an upgrade over Brook
IT is an upgrade over Clarkson
Randle is still Randle

It's not as good as LBJ... but it ensures we will be better than last season.

Now just trade Ingram for KL and we become 2nd team in West

It will take more than Ingram. Let's see if Kawhi's healthy. If we didn't sign LBJ... we'd have more cap flexibility to sign Kawhi next year.

I say roll with some combination like this... reassess after watching the growth of the core... and then sign Kawhi if he still wants to come here.

Kawhi is in PG13's position last year. If he refuses to sign an extension, then his trade value goes dramatically down. Very few teams will give a lot for a one year rental, unless they're desperate for other reasons (OKC needing to resign Westbrook)

I might try Randle+Ingram+1st. Hopefully its enough if Kawhi cooperates.

ETA: It would be really nice if we could pull a Kawhi trade before the Free Agency period, makes getting PG13 and LBJ here a lot easier. I dig a LBJ, Kawhi and PG13 big 3, with Ball as pg and random filler center.

Do you think that the Spurs want to pay Randle $20 mil per?

I'm guessing no, but what if it's $15-18MM? I just wonder what they would do with LMA and Pau if they brought in Ingram and Randle for Kawhi. You'd have to think they would be re-tooling, even if they weren't necessarily rebuilding or tearing it down. You'd have to think they'd look to dump one of LMA/Pau for sure; LMA is better, but he would also bring back more assets.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

^If they somehow were willing to take on Randle, I would assume they would send us Gasol in return, moving Aldridge to center. They'd expect us to absorb some additional salary. A Randle for $18 million/Ingram/25th pick for Kawhi/Gasol basically has us taking on about $13 million in additional salary. Leaves us enough to take on George.

Murray/Mills/Ingram/Randle/Aldridge

I wouldn't do that deal personally, but I imagine that's how it would work if Randle was part of the deal.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Wed May 16, 2018 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I just think that if it is a S&T, Randle will get all he can. The Spurs could use LMA or Pau as part of the package to trade Leonard this far in advance. Open up some cap space.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^If they somehow were willing to take on Randle, I would assume they would send us Gasol in return, moving Aldridge to center. They'd expect us to absorb some additional salary. A Randle for $18 million/Ingram/25th pick for Kawhi/Gasol basically has us taking on about $13 million in additional salary. Leaves us enough to take on George.

I wouldn't do that deal personally, but I imagine that's how it would work if Randle was part of the deal.

I like it. gives us a chance to let Pau retire as a Laker.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed May 16, 2018 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Lopez/Gasol
Kuz
Kawhi
PG/Hart
Ball

That interior defense though...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^If they somehow were willing to take on Randle, I would assume they would send us Gasol in return, moving Aldridge to center. They'd expect us to absorb some additional salary. A Randle for $18 million/Ingram/25th pick for Kawhi/Gasol basically has us taking on about $13 million in additional salary. Leaves us enough to take on George if we stretch Deng.

Gasol’s contract isn’t fully guaranteed for 2019-2020 so he would make more sense than LMA for the Lakers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Lopez/Gasol
Kuz
Kawhi
PG/Hart
Ball

What if we let Lopez walk and use the money to bring in a more interior D guy in Noel?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Lopez/Gasol
Kuz
Kawhi
PG/Hart
Ball

It's funny how you take Randle away from these future projected lineups and our D suddenly doesn't look nearly as formidable. Put Randle in there instead of Lopez, and suddenly you're thinking "man, that team is going to be fast on offense and switching all over the place." Without him, and you're looking at a team that is much more of a half court team, and wondering where the D is going come from in the front court.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Lopez/Gasol
Kuz
Kawhi
PG/Hart
Ball

What if we let Lopez walk and use the money to bring in a more interior D guy in Noel?

Is he willing to take the room exception? I really don't see us getting someone better than Lopez for the room exception. Assuming a wink wink agreement for 2019.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1747, 1748, 1749 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1748 of 2680
Jump to: