OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1782, 1783, 1784 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
I don't get Boogie at all. Maybe before the ruptured Achilles. Not now.

I’m fine with bringing Brook back for cheap but if we can get Cousins for one season on 20+ mill cap punt. I’m cool with that as well.

Cousins may not even be ready until the first of the year. I don't like the risk.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

This morning I watched the Lakers vs Philly game 1. Ingram and Kuzma should be untouchable unless you’re getting Anthony Davis or someone like that. Ingram and Kuzma kept us in that game and if it wasn’t for Brook disappearing act Ingram probably would have had close to triple dub. What I seen in that game was how both of these guys was comfortable in big moments and wasn’t afraid or in awe of Ben and Joel. Kuzma even tried to dunk on Embiid. Ingram took it to him as well. Ingram also blocked Embiid a shot. I’d trade Ball before I let one of them go.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:

I’m fine with bringing Brook back for cheap but if we can get Cousins for one season on 20+ mill cap punt. I’m cool with that as well.

Cousins may not even be ready until the first of the year. I don't like the risk.

What’s the risk?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
shortodom wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
This would be my number one trade target. Probably cheaper than Kawhi and younger/healthier:

LakerLogic wrote:
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/997863815084756992

why cheaper? i think he would more expensive then Kawhi.

Ingram/Zubac/Cavs 1st/Bulls 2nd

Don't know why we're just OK sending Ingram or Kuz out now. Didn't you guys see KAT completely shrink in the playoffs?

I'd like to see him under a different coach before consigning KAT to the dustbin of poor defending bigs.

So two coaches with one of them being a former coach of the year, and the other being one with a championship, and having had one of the best defenses isn’t enough?

He was better defensively as a rookie under Flip than he has been the last two seasons under Thibs. I don't know if he stopped caring about that side of the ball in pursuit of pointz or if he's just an awkward fit in Thibs' defensive schemes.

Butler and Taj are playing it. I don’t see what’s holding him and Wiggins back from playing defense.

Taj and Jimmy probably like playing for Thibs, they're older vets who spent years in his system, and Thibs' ice heavy scheme may put more pressure on his team's backline defender which KAT may not be compatible with yet (or ever). I'd have to dig deeper to get into more specific schematic issues, but I don't care that much about the Wolves and KAT will likely never be a Laker, so it's not worth it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Funny how people will sign Brook who lost for 9 years straight but don't want Boogie whose crime is also being drafted by a bad team.

I agree we shouldn't pay Boogie anything crazy... but if he wants to come for either a cheap or shorter contract... what's the harm?

Remember these are only contingency plans if LBJ doesn't want to come.

Reasons I prefer Lopez:

1. He's healthier
2. He'll be cheaper
3. He's willing to play 25 mpg so we can play a switching center on defense
4. He fits into the team style and chemistry (i.e. doesn't require the offense to run through him, doesn't start fights every other game and collect techs)

If Cousins played defense like Steven Adams I'd feel a little better about him as a fit. Asking a healthy Cousins to play defense would've been a huge task. Asking a torn achilles Cousins? Forget it. Impossible. He's not going to be the same.

All of this. And Cousins' best trait defensively was his quickness for his size on switches. It may take years for him to recover that quickness after his injury.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:

What’s the risk?

The risk of how productive he can be. It takes time to comeback from that injury.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:

What’s the risk?

The risk of how productive he can be. It takes time to comeback from that injury.

That’s not a risk we paid Brook 25 mill last season for low production. When you give a player with that injury a contract. Low out put is one of the expectations. So I don’t see any risk on a one yet deal
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
I am sorry but reading through this thread I don't see anywhere where it shows the Lakers having any interest in Towns.

It's like automatic here that when a player name is brought, it's instant assumption the Lakers have interest..when likely the don't.

This

Oh. Yea. Because the FA thread created 8 months before FA is only about players the Lakers have publicly stated interest in.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

I would rather have Brook. At least he is healthy and he knows the system already.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

If no LeBron I would like to see a lineup of

Ball
PG
Ingram
Kawhi
Randle

Switch freaking everything
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

It will be interesting with Cousins. Keep in mind Kobe was a lot older with more miles when he tore his achilles. Further he was a guard not a center. Cousins days at PF are definitely over but as a center he may very well still be very effective. I don't recall Cousins being a high flyer either. The downside is that he will be far less mobile and could be more like Shaq was on defense, which is a P&R liability. It would depend on the cost more than anything.

Some other player needs to rebound from an achilles tear but no one really has in the NBA. Risky to tie up cap money on a big ??? I would pass.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Towns would be a great solution... his price is probably lower because how he sucked during the playoffs.

However, he will require assets to acquire. Probably too much.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
This morning I watched the Lakers vs Philly game 1. Ingram and Kuzma should be untouchable unless you’re getting Anthony Davis or someone like that. Ingram and Kuzma kept us in that game and if it wasn’t for Brook disappearing act Ingram probably would have had close to triple dub. What I seen in that game was how both of these guys was comfortable in big moments and wasn’t afraid or in awe of Ben and Joel. Kuzma even tried to dunk on Embiid. Ingram took it to him as well. Ingram also blocked Embiid a shot. I’d trade Ball before I let one of them go.

Now will you go back and watch the other 81 games before making your decision about who to let go?
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

Curious question - any chance of a contract that would allow the Lakers to opt out earlier than normal if Cousins is unable to recover? Perhaps a max deal but with a one year escape clause? I doubt Cousins signs it but I wasn't sure that was even an acceptable deal. It would allow Cousins to prove he has recovered where the Lakers would not be on the hook for long term if he doesn't.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Curious question - any chance of a contract that would allow the Lakers to opt out earlier than normal if Cousins is unable to recover? Perhaps a max deal but with a one year escape clause? I doubt Cousins signs it but I wasn't sure that was even an acceptable deal. It would allow Cousins to prove he has recovered where the Lakers would not be on the hook for long term if he doesn't.

Same question.
Can we do a 1+1 at a low cost with a player option year 2?
Or a high salary contract with a team option year 2?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Now will you go back and watch the other 81 games before making your decision about who to let go?

There’s more games to point why we shouldn’t trade them than there are that would suggest we do. You’ve been really aggressive this morning. Struck out last night didn’t you? Go rub one out to ease tension
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

There’s more games to point why we shouldn’t trade them than there are that would suggest we do. You’ve been really aggressive this morning. Struck out last night didn’t you? Go rub one out to ease tension

Grow up.
And I'd suggest going back and watching more than just one game.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Grow up.

Why would you suggest that? Do you think that was the first game
I’ve watched of these two?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Grow up.

Nope.
I didn't know you were a b-ball junky where you can re watch games for analysis. How many other games did you have time to re watch?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Grow up.

Nope.
I didn't know you were a b-ball junky where you can re watch games for analysis. How many other games did you have time to re watch?

Actually I’ve been rewatching games since the season ended. How many? I’m not sure but again you should rub one out or boof something. Whatever you’re into.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Grow up.

Nope.

Actually I’ve been rewatching games since the season ended. How many? I’m not sure but again you should rub one out or boof something. Whatever you’re into.

Impressed at your level of commitment to watching games.
Besides that, grow up.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Grow up.

Nope.

Impressed at your level of commitment to watching games.
Besides that, grow up.

Lol I don’t think we’ve ever met or know anything about each other for you to be amazed or impressed. Yea I’ll try to look into your suggestions and you should look into mine as well.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

Good piece on Capela

http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/05/18/nba-playoffs-clint-capela-houston-rockets-james-harden-chris-paul-mike-dantoni
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lol I don’t think we’ve ever met or know anything about each other for you to be amazed or impressed. Yea I’ll try to look into your suggestions and you should look into mine as well.

Shows how little I thought of you?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Good piece on Capela

http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/05/18/nba-playoffs-clint-capela-houston-rockets-james-harden-chris-paul-mike-dantoni

What Dwight should have been
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1782, 1783, 1784 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1783 of 2680
Jump to: